PDA

View Full Version : 'Skins Sign LB Andre Carter

Spank
03-13-2006, 04:29 PM
Its being reported on NewsChannel 7 (local ABC) that the 'Skins have agreed to terms with Carter. He is on his way back to DC right now to sign the contract.

Terms not disclosed on the news.

LightzOut
03-13-2006, 05:39 PM
Crazy!! 'Skins must be doing some creative accounting to fit all of these FAs in under their cap.

LTfan4life
03-13-2006, 05:47 PM
Well..they'll be in hell next year...again :)

Spank
03-13-2006, 05:50 PM
They dont wanna release the terms until after he signs so no other team can come in and outbid them, ala Bentley.

But he's a 'Skin.

Boltfan92153
03-13-2006, 06:52 PM
They will have to pay up somehow and someway

AEIOwnedU
03-13-2006, 06:56 PM
i say if the redskins don't win the nfc then they wasted a ton of money 4 great WRs in moss, lloyd, randle-el, and patten as a #4 o dang incredible portis is a beast, brunell u can do with cooley good, and they're deffense is set as long as shawn taylor doesnt go to jail...it will be an interesting year for them

Dago81Sd
03-13-2006, 07:20 PM
You mean the Redskins?

AEIOwnedU
03-13-2006, 07:35 PM
ya ya my mistake its fixed now

Podium
03-13-2006, 09:02 PM
Did Andre Carter play LB last season?

I know he came into the league as a defensive end. Interesting signing.

TheNextOne
03-13-2006, 10:42 PM
hes not that great of a defeensive end or playing LB

Spank
03-14-2006, 10:37 AM
Did Andre Carter play LB last season?

I know he came into the league as a defensive end. Interesting signing.

'Skins website had him listed as LB yesterday. They may have changed it.

Podium
03-14-2006, 10:40 AM
'Skins website had him listed as LB yesterday. They may have changed it.

Spank, how good of a cover corner is Taylor? Or how good has he become. Because I watched him at Miami and he was never known for his cover skills.

I ask because Archuletta is pretty weak in coverage, so if Taylor isn't all that great, then I think they'll have a liability back there.

Spank
03-14-2006, 10:49 AM
Spank, how good of a cover corner is Taylor? Or how good has he become. Because I watched him at Miami and he was never known for his cover skills.

I ask because Archuletta is pretty weak in coverage, so if Taylor isn't all that great, then I think they'll have a liability back there.

Because most here are homers they all think he's a sure fire hall of famer. I'll say this. He's a MAN. He hits like Harrison and the WR's know when he's in the area. He's huge and has a knack for the ball. He covers alot of ground quickly so he gambles at times on jumping routes. I think he's worth whatever they pay him. He's a headache as far as the offseason workouts but all those jacka$$' from Miami think there better than everyone else. He has very rare size and speed for his position. I'd love to have him in our D backfield but I'm sure everyone would tire from his off field BS.

He's no joke as a player though. He's the real deal.

In essence the 'Skins may have the 2 hardest hitting safety's in the game. But only one of them is really worth the money IMO. If you could see Taylor up close you would swear he's a LB. He's that big.

BoltsfanNYC
03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
KITNA now a lion

Podium
03-14-2006, 10:52 AM
Because most here are homers they all think he's a sure fire hall of famer. I'll say this. He's a MAN. He hits like Harrison and the WR's know when he's in the area. He's huge and has a knack for the ball. He covers alot of ground quickly so he gambles at times on jumping routes. I think he's worth whatever they pay him. He's a headache as far as the offseason workouts but all those jacka$$' from Miami think there better than everyone else. He has very rare size and speed for his position. I'd love to have him in our D backfield but I'm sure everyone would tire from his off field BS.

He's no joke as a player though. He's the real deal.

In essence the 'Skins may have the 2 hardest hitting safety's in the game. But only one of them is really worth the money IMO. If you could see Taylor up close you would swear he's a LB. He's that big.

Oh yeah, I believe that. I was a fan of the guy when he was a Hurricane, but he's been pissing me off ever since. The gun charges, the spitting incident. I've lost respect for him after that.

But, no doubt the kid is a player. He's like the Lawrence Taylor of safeties.

I just hope that either him or Archuletta can cover. Archuletta seems like a cheap man's Taylor. I've always thought he was just an undersized linkebacker playing safety.

But, if neither of them can be that ballhawk, then they're going to have weaknesses.

Spank
03-14-2006, 10:58 AM
Oh yeah, I believe that. I was a fan of the guy when he was a Hurricane, but he's been pissing me off ever since. The gun charges, the spitting incident. I've lost respect for him after that.

But, no doubt the kid is a player. He's like the Lawrence Taylor of safeties.

I just hope that either him or Archuletta can cover. Archuletta seems like a cheap man's Taylor. I've always thought he was just an undersized linkebacker playing safety.

But, if neither of them can be that ballhawk, then they're going to have weaknesses.

I was thinking that may be why they signed Archuletta. He could be the big run support and Taylor could play the pass. Taylor so agressive that he overplays the run a lot.

If you remember the run LT had in OT against them Taylor got jammed inside by Goff I believe , because he over committed. Also on the reverse in the first half of the game to Parker he was caught chasing LT all the way around and couldnt make a play after the reverse handoff. He's still learning. They could have kept Matt Bowen at a 1/4 of the cost and get the same results IMO.

Podium
03-14-2006, 11:00 AM
I was thinking that may be why they signed Archuletta. He could be the big run support and Taylor could play the pass. Taylor so agressive that he overplays the run a lot.

If you remember the run LT had in OT against them Taylor got jammed inside by Goff I believe , because he over committed. Also on the reverse in the first half of the game to Parker he was caught chasing LT all the way around and couldnt make a play after the reverse handoff. He's still learning. They could have kept Matt Bowen at a 1/4 of the cost and get the same results IMO.

That's what I thought too. Don't they still have Clark? I thought he did an ok job. I didn't think safety was a position that needed to be addressed.

But to each his own, I guess.

Spank
03-14-2006, 11:15 AM
Need? That never stopped Danny from spending his cash. :)