PDA

View Full Version : Givens to the Titans.

POOpooMAGOO
03-14-2006, 11:28 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368161

Looks like we wont be looking at any other free agents since the chargers were only looking at 4 and givens is supposedly the last.

RAWDOGG
03-14-2006, 11:47 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2368161

Looks like we wont be looking at any other free agents since the chargers were only looking at 4 and givens is supposedly the last.

There goes our last FA? :rolleyes:

Way to go Smith:mad:

theiceweasel
03-14-2006, 11:57 AM
They also nabbed Kevin Mawae it seems. I know a number of people on this forum were high on him.

GoBoltz06
03-14-2006, 11:59 AM
MEMO TO AJ SMITH :

Take a chance on T.O. If you are gonna now be starting with Rivers and you truely want a #1 WR here ya go. I see 17 mil in spare cash laying around After you take out the alotment for Draft pick and restricted guys. The best situation would be to surround Philip with talet and there is none better than Owens. Can you imagine opposing defences having to worry about doubling Owens and Keenan? Imagine what that would do to the running game.........I say take the gamble AJ.....or just sit on your hands for another year. You still must have dreams of how you passed on John Lynch last year I know.

RAWDOGG
03-14-2006, 12:02 PM
MEMO TO AJ SMITH :

Take a chance on T.O. If you are gonna now be starting with Rivers and you truely want a #1 WR here ya go. I see 17 mil in spare cash laying around After you take out the alotment for Draft pick and restricted guys. The best situation would be to surround Philip with talet and there is none better than Owens. Can you imagine opposing defences having to worry about doubling Owens and Keenan? Imagine what that would do to the running game.........I say take the gamble AJ.....or just sit on your hands for another year. You still must have dreams of how you passed on John Lynch last year I know.

NO, NO, NO

That would be the worst thing AJ could do:rolleyes:

He single handedly imploded Philly, do you want him to do that here :confused:

GoBoltz06
03-14-2006, 12:05 PM
Hell yes. Maybe he has grown from all this. He has not been in the media in a while and the talent is just far to great to overlook. He would be the missing link offensively and IMO.....the playoff would be a certain viability with him in tow. Now I would cover myself contracturaly but wouldnt just not consider him at all.

realpinoy1
03-14-2006, 12:47 PM
Don't need T.O. here and he will not be welcomed. Were gonna have another year with only one player from free agency. Man i don't understand A.J.'s theory but "damn is he stupid". What the hell is the Spanos family thinking about all this? All this money in cap space and their just sitting on their @sses and doing nothing. The front office gotta be smoken something. Thumbs down to the FO, those guys suck dude!

TheIceCreamMan
03-14-2006, 12:49 PM
Trade sume picks for the saints pick

1st round
Get D-Brick
Get Santonio Holmes

JerryinCA
03-14-2006, 01:30 PM
Damn it!! you know what really sucks about this is we had a chance to get better and we didn't even get the guy to come out here. Out of 4 people we were interested in only 1 even came to visit, that's not a good sign. Even if they had other reasons for doing it, it still says to me that none of them thought that the Chargers would be worth at least a trip to hear a sales pitch which is basically what would be going on.

BigSkyBolt
03-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Issac Bruce may be a short term option now that Givens has been signed. I have a sinking feeling that AJ is playing for the future up the coast in LA when they will need to make a bigger splash in top names for marketing purposes. With Rivers at the helm, we have offically entered the learning curve mode. Who knows how bloodly that will be. Why spend the big money now. Unless AJ is planning on making some bold moves in the draft this will continue to be a team that breaks your heart. We need proven CB's period...

DrTran
03-14-2006, 02:17 PM
I think Bruce was resigned by the Rams. Eric Moulds (yay) and Keyshaun Johnson (boo) are the best available.

bolts4ever21
03-14-2006, 03:33 PM
I think Bruce was resigned by the Rams. Eric Moulds (yay) and Keyshaun Johnson (boo) are the best available.
TO is the best available... cancer or not!!!

teagteag1
03-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Damn it!! you know what really sucks about this is we had a chance to get better and we didn't even get the guy to come out here. Out of 4 people we were interested in only 1 even came to visit, that's not a good sign. Even if they had other reasons for doing it, it still says to me that none of them thought that the Chargers would be worth at least a trip to hear a sales pitch which is basically what would be going on.

I'm telling you...even though the Brees things looks smart on paper, AJ had to have alienated some people with his lack of loyalty to one of his key contributors.

Boltz2175
03-14-2006, 04:46 PM
why cant we ever get more than 2 decent free agents a year!!! is everyone just beating us to it..or what!?!?!?!

thehotdelancey
03-14-2006, 04:50 PM
sheisse (10 characters)

56lightsout56
03-14-2006, 05:01 PM
Its Christmas time for the players with everybody throwing $$$$$ at them. it's like chum to sharks and nows the time to get the big $$$. AJ doesnt like to over spend even though it isnt his coin. I am frustrated that they should do more but I will be a little patient. check this out-it makes sense:

POSTED 7:32 p.m. EST; UPDATED 8:00 p.m. EST, March 13, 2006

PLAYERS NEED TO GET IT WHILE IT'S FLOWING

As to any free-agent players out there who currently are considering offers from NFL teams, we've got a few words of advice.

Get paid. Now.

This year, like every other, the money is rolling out of the pockets of some owners in the early stages of free agency, and within the next couple of days the big money will be long gone.

Until next March.

As one league insider told us on Monday, "Get that f--king money and move because it will dry up as the hours go by."

Just take a gander at some of the big deals that already have been executed. A $10 million signing bonus for Brian Williams? Bonuses of $11.5 million for a No.3 wideout who returns kicks and periodically throws the ball?

Seven years and $49 million for an interior offensive lineman?

So why all of the money now? There are various things at play here. The Cardinals are opening a new stadium and trying desperately to sell tickets. The Vikings are trying to get that new stadium, and Zygi Wilf 's Triangle of Authority definitely needs to break from the poor image created over the past few years by Red's Axis of *******s.

With the games still months away, the only way for any team to energize the fan base is to spend the money.

As to the Redskins . . . well, they're just the Redskins. They decide that they want a given player, and they'll overpay to get him.

But after landing defensive end Andre Carter, the 'Skins are now shutting off the faucet, and in other cities the free flow will soon be a trickle.

So get paid, guys. The best offer you can get now might be less than you wanted, but it's more than you'll get if you wait much longer.

from profootballtalk.com

thehotdelancey
03-14-2006, 07:05 PM
unless youre the chargers, and you'll have an overabundance of money, and will have the capability to bring players in later, not like AJ may do that...

Boltfan92153
03-14-2006, 07:50 PM
We have spent $$ on two FA in the last two years! that is insane!