PDA

View Full Version : One nice thing about Drew being in New O

WaywardCharger
03-14-2006, 01:36 PM
now I will be able to wait until a LATE ROUND to get my QB, and can get rivers long after I have focused on getting Gates, Tomlinson and my receiving corps. :Bolt:

WC

TJ21
03-14-2006, 07:05 PM
Good point. Last year Drew went so early...

Luckily I was able to get Carson Palmer.

WaywardCharger
03-15-2006, 01:03 PM
I actually got them BOTH, plus Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates, and Shaun Alexander.

Oh yeah!

Podium
03-15-2006, 01:04 PM
I actually got them BOTH, plus Chad Johnson, Antonio Gates, and Shaun Alexander.

Oh yeah!

I had steals last year.

Carson Palmer, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Gates, McGahee, and the Larry Johnson off of waiver wires.

TJ21
03-18-2006, 01:06 PM

Oh yeah!
Lucky *******...

Mr. Heisman
03-19-2006, 02:41 AM
I Grab Lt, Caddy, Chad, gates, Drew, Carson, Cinn Def., and Ward! last year!

TJ21
03-19-2006, 09:59 PM
I actually had the Bucs D last year. #1 in the NFL, so I was thrilled about that. :)

WaywardCharger
03-20-2006, 07:13 AM
I had Pittsburgh's Defense, and San Diego's as back up. (Dang Bye weeks...)

Yeah, I sertiously doubt I will ever get a team like that again! :(

WC

Mr. Heisman
03-28-2006, 09:13 PM
Drew will be a every PRO BOWL for the NFC, and will take the Saints in their first year to the playoffs in the wildcard game and lose to the division game, then next year he's reppin them in the Super Bowl....face it the NFC is weak!!!!

Rivers_owns
03-29-2006, 02:18 AM
Drew will be a every PRO BOWL for the NFC, and will take the Saints in their first year to the playoffs in the wildcard game and lose to the division game, then next year he's reppin them in the Super Bowl....face it the NFC is weak!!!!

I can actually see Drew winning a superbowl there... My predictions

First year: 9-7. Lose in wildcard.
Second year: 10-6. Lose in Divisional..
Third year: 12-4. Superbowl VICTORY

(Chargers will win it every other year though)

WaywardCharger
03-29-2006, 07:37 AM
The Saint's have to compete against The Panthers for the top spot.

I think the Panthers will be this years Superbowl team for the NFC. They have a Strong Defense, a Great Running Game, a Great #1 Receiver, and ADDED Keyshawn Johnson as a #2 receiver. Their QB is a solid top 10 QB.

In fact I predict Panther-Bolts Superbowl game, and we win because our Offense is slightly better than their defense, and their offense has an achilles heel we can exploit...They live by the run.

WC

Mr. Heisman
04-12-2006, 07:52 PM
Panters wont be the same panthers next year! It's gunna be the cowboys vs the falcons next year champion ship! Falcons will take it suprise suprise why b/c its Vick's time, honestly i believe vick isn't a good qb but i believe everything is in place to be show me or bust for the rest of ur career! and with every so quick to jump on as Young to be better than Vick, only gives him more fire to compete and say remember me!

Al "T.D." Bundy
04-13-2006, 05:39 PM

Oh yeah!

Do you play in a two man league or what?!

WaywardCharger
04-14-2006, 04:50 AM
Nope, it was actually a 12 team league! Seriously.....

WC

boltheadmv
06-04-2006, 03:47 PM
I had steals last year.

Carson Palmer, Steve Smith, Chad Johnson, Gates, McGahee, and the Larry Johnson off of waiver wires.

that sounds like my team last year.

won it all.

AZChargerfan01
06-06-2006, 08:09 AM
Nope, it was actually a 12 team league! Seriously.....

WC

Were they all first time ff players or what?

WaywardCharger
06-06-2006, 06:41 PM
Were they all first time ff players or what?

I don't think so.... I just think they were Homer's for certain teams. One player was a Dallas Freak...another a Denver fan.. They also took McNair, Pennington, Cunningham, and Eli Manning as QB's.

I drafted for RB first...Alexander (LT was already gone...first pick!!!)

My next pick was Antonio Gates. Better than most WR's, because he would get TD's more often.

Then I aimed for QB's and took Brees, Homer that I am...

Then I aimed at Defense and took Pittsburg and San Diego in rapid succession. Defense wins Superbowls.....

Then I took Kaeding

Then I drafted WR's. My philosophy being that there are LOTS of WR's out there that will get decent yardage every game, and the occasional TD. Sure, If you gett he first round chance to grab a T.O. or a Moss, JUMP..I didn't. Instead, by waiting this long I picked up Chad Johnson (Still under the radar last season....), McCardell and Jurevicious.

I then went back and drafted the remainder for depth, grabbing Bettis (Few yards, gets ignored by many Fantasy League Players, but his TD's more than make up for his short yardage.)

Saw Carson Palmer still available...Injury the previous season left him as a big question mark, and jumped...

Needless to say, a VERY productive season...

I will get Rivers this season, late, allowing me PLENTY of time to target better talent at other positions.

WC