PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Faine?

ChargerCohen
03-15-2006, 06:12 PM
He's the Browns center, a former 1st rounder who's still pretty young I believe. With LCB (and Bob Hallen now) headed to Cleveland, I think the writing's on the wall for his release or trade.

He's supposed to be a high caliber player, the one successful 1st rounder for Cleveland lately. AJ?

JCDavey
03-15-2006, 06:17 PM
He's the Browns center, a former 1st rounder who's still pretty young I believe. With LCB (and Bob Hallen now) headed to Cleveland, I think the writing's on the wall for his release or trade.

He's supposed to be a high caliber player, the one successful 1st rounder for Cleveland lately. AJ?i thought about us getting him as soon as browns signed LCB, but i don't know how his health is

ryry2104
03-15-2006, 06:20 PM
ya he has had some health problems lately, but he was ranked i thikn the #1 center going into draft out of Notre Dame

ChargerCohen
03-15-2006, 06:24 PM
ya he has had some health problems lately, but he was ranked i thikn the #1 center going into draft out of Notre Dame

I still think he would be a great pickup. If he has health problems, we'd have great depth with Hardwick.

JCDavey
03-15-2006, 06:35 PM
I still think he would be a great pickup. If he has health problems, we'd have great depth with Hardwick.hopefully AJ can swing a deal or they can just cut him

boltskickass21
03-15-2006, 09:05 PM
Should this be in the FA topic?

I would be all for taking steps to improve our o-line.

Boltz2175
03-16-2006, 09:06 AM
Um...he's kinda injury prone...im not sure if we need him....hardwick does his job well

Alibell1
03-16-2006, 10:15 AM
Fain isn't going anywhere, he's still the Browns starting center.

ChargerCohen
03-16-2006, 12:25 PM
Fain isn't going anywhere, he's still the Browns starting center.

Really? Bentley has said his preferred position is center, and he's the biggest FA acquisition the browns have made in a good long while.

Alibell1
03-16-2006, 09:12 PM
Really? Bentley has said his preferred position is center, and he's the biggest FA acquisition the browns have made in a good long while.

Yeah really. I'll bet anything Fain lines up at center week 1 for the Browns baring any kind of injury. The kid can play, and they won't be moving him to gaurd.

ChargerCohen
03-16-2006, 09:30 PM
Yeah really. I'll bet anything Fain lines up at center week 1 for the Browns baring any kind of injury. The kid can play, and they won't be moving him to gaurd.

Do you have any reason to believe this other than speculation? no offense intended. I do think it would be weird if they moved LCB to guard, but I guess it could happen pretty easily.

Have the browns announced anything at all about this subject?

Alibell1
03-16-2006, 09:56 PM
Do you have any reason to believe this other than speculation? no offense intended. I do think it would be weird if they moved LCB to guard, but I guess it could happen pretty easily.

Have the browns announced anything at all about this subject?

Bentley has played gaurd during his career, while Fain has been just a center all the way back to his days at Notre Dame.

LA Boltman
03-17-2006, 09:08 PM
I just think we need to be signing some veteran OL guys. I'm worried with our lack of depth, and while I'm hopeful that we'll draft a big time LT...we need a couple veteran OL for this next year....we're too young & inexperienced.

pittdawg
03-18-2006, 06:27 AM
I'm from Cleveland, and I am one of the biggest Faine pimps out there. Honestly I'm hoping we convert him to guard so we can hold on to him. BUt to answer your question, He has ended each season on injured reserve, but it's always been just the last few games when we were out of it. He's not very big, so he's not the kind of center that will blow anybody off the ball, but he is a smart player and can get the job done. Bottom line, if he ends up being cut or traded, it will be a good pick up for a team.

The funny thing is I just stopped by to see i you were talking about Shea, good pickup by the way. Just my two cents from someone who's seen him play every week.

later.

baddass4444
03-18-2006, 09:42 AM
I like Gurode as a pickup, this guy can play both Center and Both guard positions. For depth this guy is fantastic because of his ability to play mulitple positions. Let him compete for a job at Center or LG and keep him on the team for depth.

ESPN.com Insider Scouting:

Grade: 69 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
Plays with good intensity and works to sustain the block once in position. Rolls hips into blocks, is physical and flashes the ability to knock defenders back at the point of attack. Flashes the ability to redirect quickly in space, takes good angles to blocks and generally reaches assignments at the second level. As a pass blocker, keeps head up, shows good awareness and is capable of adjusting to line stunts as well as blitzes. However, Gurode hasn't progressed as expected and he remains a better athlete than football player. Plays with a narrow base, lacks ideal balance and spends too much time on the ground. Has a tendency to turn shoulders rather than slide feet in pass protection and creates rush lanes for defenders when doesn't stay square to the line.

TJ21
03-18-2006, 09:49 AM

He's supposed to be a high caliber player, the one successful 1st rounder for Cleveland lately. AJ?
Is he healthy?

Angusdc1
03-18-2006, 01:10 PM
What do you guys think about Ravens OT Orlando Brown, who they released earlier this week? Do you think he would work for us? I wouldn't mind having an offensive lineman nicknamed "zeus!"

hoopdreams
03-18-2006, 02:27 PM
I still think he would be a great pickup. If he has health problems, we'd have great depth with Hardwick.

Hardwick is a good center. He is young and only getting better. There is no chance that we are going to get a center. We need a Tackle to replace Oben (possibly move Oben to the right side) and a guard to replace Dielman (LG). We especially need a guard since we lost Hallen (LG). Then we would have great depth with Dielman as a backup. He was our weakest link in the line last year and he was only good for helping to double team a D lineman.

baddass4444
03-18-2006, 03:33 PM
Hardwick is a good center. He is young and only getting better. There is no chance that we are going to get a center. We need a Tackle to replace Oben (possibly move Oben to the right side) and a guard to replace Dielman (LG). We especially need a guard since we lost Hallen (LG). Then we would have great depth with Dielman as a backup. He was our weakest link in the line last year and he was only good for helping to double team a D lineman.

I disagree, Dielman was a guy that stepped up for us last year. The weak link was Leander Jordan filling in. Dielman is not a bad guard, but he isn't ready to be a very solid starter yet.

ChargerCohen
03-21-2006, 12:36 PM
Browns | Faine free to seek a trade
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:38:10 -0800

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns have given OC Jeff Faine permission to seek a trade, an NFL source said Monday, March 20. If the Browns can trade Faine, OL LeCharles Bentley will start at center. If they can't trade him, Bentley, a two-time Pro Bowler, most likely will move to guard, and Faine will be the center.

Well, nothing definite, but he should find a trade. Just call me the Nostradamus of things that are easy to predict.

Dojo
03-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I disagree, Dielman was a guy that stepped up for us last year. The weak link was Leander Jordan filling in. Dielman is not a bad guard, but he isn't ready to be a very solid starter yet.
Dielman wore down last year and allowed big sacks and had no push in the run game. He's an excellent backup and brings fire when he comes in but you need a guy like that as a backup. We have 2 holes on the OLine we need to fill. LG and LT. signing a LT in FA and drafting a guy like Eric Winston would be perfect because of his versitility. Plus, his stock has dropped because of his knee and is starting to look like a second round pick. We may be able to pick him up there.

SecAsianMan007
03-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Yeah, Jeff Faine has been injury prone and word out of Cleveland is he might be cut. After all the draft hype about him I didn't hear another peep of him doing well.

drangus
03-21-2006, 10:05 PM

The browns are said to be using bentley at LG, why would they get rid of their center?

drangus
03-21-2006, 10:08 PM
Dielman wore down last year and allowed big sacks and had no push in the run game. He's an excellent backup and brings fire when he comes in but you need a guy like that as a backup. We have 2 holes on the OLine we need to fill. LG and LT. signing a LT in FA and drafting a guy like Eric Winston would be perfect because of his versitility. Plus, his stock has dropped because of his knee and is starting to look like a second round pick. We may be able to pick him up there.

eric winston might be dropping because his interviews where a disaster---he disappointed some teams

during that process--also his arms are really short like robert gallery and that is why he will never play LT at the next level

sonorajim
03-22-2006, 09:48 AM
You're right about Dielman. Jordan wasn't as bad as most think. I believe he gave up two sacks, that isn't all that. He's a good backup. Hardwick had a poor year. He was beaten often when he wasn't just chipping the guy Goff was blocking. Hardwick didn't hold up at all one on one with a DT and was often blown off by rushing LB's.

sonorajim
03-22-2006, 09:53 AM
I don't recall Dielman being beaten. I agree he didn't have many pancakes.

ChargerCohen
03-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Browns | Faine free to seek a trade
Tue, 21 Mar 2006 07:38:10 -0800

Mary Kay Cabot, of the Plain Dealer, reports the Cleveland Browns have given OC Jeff Faine permission to seek a trade, an NFL source said Monday, March 20. If the Browns can trade Faine, OL LeCharles Bentley will start at center. If they can't trade him, Bentley, a two-time Pro Bowler, most likely will move to guard, and Faine will be the center.

I guess no one noticed this post. I'd say the Browns are not overly attached to him.

drangus
03-22-2006, 11:35 AM
I guess no one noticed this post. I'd say the Browns are not overly attached to him.

two reasons why would be his relatively high salary and the injury concerns

Av9114
03-22-2006, 11:57 AM
two reasons why would be his relatively high salary and the injury concerns

If you read the entire thing on ESPN you will see that he has a low salary, Less than 1mil this year. But he is injury prone and with Bentley there now he is expendable. I wonder what they want for him. I would give up one of our extra 6ths or 7ths to pick him up. There is a good chance that he gets cut, but then you would have to re-sign him. Since his current contract is cheap, I like trading better especially since he is injury prone. We need help and depth on the line though, so maybe something will happen.

drangus
03-22-2006, 12:05 PM
If you read the entire thing on ESPN you will see that he has a low salary, Less than 1mil this year. But he is injury prone and with Bentley there now he is expendable. I wonder what they want for him. I would give up one of our extra 6ths or 7ths to pick him up. There is a good chance that he gets cut, but then you would have to re-sign him. Since his current contract is cheap, I like trading better especially since he is injury prone. We need help and depth on the line though, so maybe something will happen.

but why would you want another guy like CVB on the squad? if I am not mistaken fain

also had that desperation microfracture surgery on one of his knees