PDA

View Full Version : My proposal for a QB.

LTisMyHero
03-16-2006, 10:59 AM
We have the opportunity of a lifetime. With 1 QB spot available, and plenty of cap space, NOW is the time. Now is the time to show we're serious about contending for a Super Bowl. The missing link is out there, waiting for us to call. Let's make this happen, and strike fear into our AFC West opponents.

I propose to you all, we get Vinny. For those of you who don't know Vinny, you will after this post.

Born Vincent Frank Testaverde in Brooklyn, NY on November 13th, 1963.

This man is a proven winner. He has enjoyed a long and successful career in the NFL thus far, and has plenty left in his gas tank. Vinny is an 18 year veteran, and has seen the highs and really lows in his career.

Here is a link to his career stats, http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/stats?playerId=9

For your sake I have included the highlights below:

In 1998, playing for Tampa bay Vinny tossed a tremendous 35 INTs, he finished that season with a 48.8 Passer rating.

In 2000, Vinny tried to beat his career high of 35 INTs, but fell short with only 25. He finished that season with a 69.0

In 1996, playing for Baltimore, Vinny tossed for 33 TDs.

Mind blowing, I know.

How many guys can say they threw 35 INTs in one season and lived to tell about it?

On top of that, Vinny has rushed for 1500 yards over his career for 15 TDs.

To show his versatility, he also caught 3 passes for 7 yards over that span.

This guy is so good, Scouts,Inc. could not rate him nor give a scouting report on him.

2005 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
No scouting data available.

He's that good.

So let's make this happen guys.

EDIT: For whatever reason, people think I am calling for Vinny to be our starting QB. I am not, I am talking about DEPTH and the #3 QB Roster spot.

Spank
03-16-2006, 11:03 AM
This is a breath of fresh air... HAHAHAHA

bolts4ever21
03-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Isn't he like 72.. come on man, vinny is a winner. but not a player anymore.

HighBoltage
03-16-2006, 01:01 PM
That's some good comedy, LTismyhero. You had me going at first, but it was a nice laff.:p

jonathanSjose
03-16-2006, 02:12 PM
.......this a joke right but you never know we can get him at a senior discount, we should just draft a qb to sit in that number 3 spot or bring flutie back if you wanna go old.

Podium
03-16-2006, 02:17 PM
This is the biggest crock of S*** ive ever heard, why drop a qb with massive potential and one thats 17 years yonger for a has been QB who couldnt hit the red side of a barn.

joke....:confused:

:rolleyes:

LTisMyHero
03-16-2006, 02:31 PM
who said anything about dropping people?

I'm saying the #3 QB spot is open. I'm talking unfathomable depth at the QB position.

How many teams can claim 3 starter quality QBs on their roster?

poon
03-16-2006, 04:33 PM
When reading the start of this thread I must admit I was a little reserved about bringing Vinny in. But LTisMyHero has made some very valid points which I think the FO should take seriously on board. I mean did you check out that ESPN ad a few years ago about Vinny being a magician?

I'm sure he still has the magic. At worst he could do half time shows... can you say David Copperfield?

mattmc223
03-16-2006, 04:50 PM
Hahaha, that was some good stuff.

chargerfan6977
03-16-2006, 05:51 PM
omg, lol for your sake i was actually beliving this was a joke to begin with, but it isnt, you poor poor person... vinny is now sorry to say a pretty horrible Qb, did you even watch him in recent years, like with the cowboys, i know they didnt have much of a supporting running game, but he has about as much mobility as the lincon memorial, warren sapp could sack him for goodness sakes, without a doughnut tapped to his helmet, we have a potentially good qb in philip rivers, and after paying him millions of dollars so far i say the least we owe him is a chance, i mean first of all he is excited about getting a chance to play, im sorry but if i had been payed as much as he has so far for throwing 30 passes, id be more then happy to keep sittin there rakin in the cash.

LTisMyHero
03-16-2006, 05:55 PM
Your post makes no sense.

chargerfan6977
03-16-2006, 05:57 PM
vinny = on his way out STAY AWAY
rivers = up n coming YAY

56lightsout56
03-16-2006, 06:08 PM
On the serious side, if Harrington is actually released as reports say this month, do you give him any consideration due to Detroit being so bad?? He did have some weapons and a coach that was supposed forte was developing QBs.
or wait for the Draft? AJ wants 4 QBs in camp.

GdoubleE
03-17-2006, 12:40 AM
If anyone can get Rivers to forget about ints. thrown and trudge on ahead its Vinny Testeverde!!!!!!!

Go for it AJ!!!
hahahhahahah

maybe bring him in as an assistant?

Bernie Kosar would be cool to have in that position too

Totally Bolted
03-17-2006, 08:00 AM
This is the biggest crock of S*** ive ever heard, why drop a qb with massive potential and one thats 17 years yonger for a has been QB who couldnt hit the red side of a barn.

I think you need a cookie. maybe a little milk too. That should calm you down.:D

LTisMyHero
03-17-2006, 10:18 AM
THAT'S THE SPIRIT

LETS DO THIS

Then Vinny can become Mayor of San Diego after he retires.

kcboltfan
03-17-2006, 10:36 AM
Potential result:

We make it through the season and into the playoffs. It is the AFC championship and we are playing the Pats. PR gets hurt early and then AJ goes down. The Pats get the ball, Luis & Shawne decide to avenge their team's honor and knock Brady out of the game. Now Flutie decided to not retire because he really wanted a ring and decided for one more try. Suddenly we have a rematch of the Hail Mary game, between Miami and BC. It is a shootout which comes down to the last play. Flutie drops back scrambles a little and wings it. Jammer cannot turn his head to find the pass:( and the offseason FA signing of Reche Caldwell (rumor) finally pays off for the Pats as he catches his only TD pass of the year to win the game. Doug foils Vinnie again:mad: .

But the good news is the Chargers made it all the way to the AFC championship game. So I say go for it. Sign the Vinnie:) .

LTisMyHero
03-17-2006, 11:06 AM
You know, throwing INTs is a complicated art form.

You think it's easy to throw 35 INTs in a season, but you have no idea.

It takes great skill and anticipation to throw the ball into the hands of the OPPOSING player, who is not looking to make a catch, rather defend the pass. Sometimes they aren't even looking at the ball, and Vinny has to throw it at his teammates helmet so it pops into the air for an easy grab. Or sometimes he has to thread it in between 2 or 3 of his own receivers to hit the open DB. Bottom line, it takes great skill. The amount of knowledge Vinny has for the game is priceless.

In fact, here is his Mastercard commercial for when he signs with us:

Metamucil: $8

[Vinny drinks his metamucil in the locker room]

Denture Cleaner: $15

[Vinny picks his teeth out of a glass, wipes them off and puts them in his mouth]

Case of Ben Gay: $45

[He lubes up his chest with tons of Ben Gay, while hacking and wheezing]

Throwing an INT at age 43 in the NFL, priceless.

[Puts on his helmet, gets under center, and tosses an INT]

getfresh
03-17-2006, 11:15 AM
Let's go get Kerry Collins, Aaron Brooks, and Joey Harrington. Line 'em up five deep and let training camp sort 'em out.

benjamink15
03-17-2006, 12:00 PM
You know, throwing INTs is a complicated art form.

You think it's easy to throw 35 INTs in a season, but you have no idea.

It takes great skill and anticipation to throw the ball into the hands of the OPPOSING player, who is not looking to make a catch, rather defend the pass. Sometimes they aren't even looking at the ball, and Vinny has to throw it at his teammates helmet so it pops into the air for an easy grab. Or sometimes he has to thread it in between 2 or 3 of his own receivers to hit the open DB. Bottom line, it takes great skill. The amount of knowledge Vinny has for the game is priceless.

In fact, here is his Mastercard commercial for when he signs with us:

Metamucil: $8

[Vinny drinks his metamucil in the locker room]

Denture Cleaner: $15

[Vinny picks his teeth out of a glass, wipes them off and puts them in his mouth]

Case of Ben Gay: $45

[He lubes up his chest with tons of Ben Gay, while hacking and wheezing]

Throwing an INT at age 43 in the NFL, priceless.

[Puts on his helmet, gets under center, and tosses an INT]

ROTFLMAO ... OH MY, are you a comedian? Damn i'd pay to see you live

Dojo
03-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Ah yes...Vinny Testiverde. I don't think i want the criptkeeper on my team.

ChampCharger
03-17-2006, 07:53 PM
who said anything about dropping people?

I'm saying the #3 QB spot is open. I'm talking unfathomable depth at the QB position.

How many teams can claim 3 starter quality QBs on their roster?

We had it last year with Brees, Rivers and Feeley.

With Vinny it would not be 3 Starter Quality QBs. He stunk for Dallas.

But he is another backup type guy. However, you would be dropping the QBs that you didn't draft because you had a one year guy sitting at the #3 spot.
Signing Vinny would not be a good move. Drafting a qb late to develop would...

mk87
03-17-2006, 10:39 PM
We should so so AJ Feeley can have someone to play rock-paper-scissors with on the bench.

GdoubleE
03-18-2006, 01:12 AM
Todd Maranovich is available and we could add David Klinger too!!!!

I'm loving this Vinny thing more by the minute!!!!

Not Vinny's thing.....

I love the idea of grabbing him..... shyt!!

I love the idea of getting him on OUR team...... Doesn't sound right either.

Damn it!

LTisMyHero
03-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Vinny is just about to peak in his prime guys. Seriously, let's make this happen.