PDA

View Full Version : LB Peterson signs with Seahawks

Spank
03-21-2006, 02:36 PM
7 years, $54 million

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/263767_peterson21ww.html

LTfan4life
03-21-2006, 03:51 PM
I see it as a waste. That big of a contract on a guy that has had injury troubles the last few years? Granted, he is one of the top LBs when healthy, but that is only so often. I would've matched Hutch's offer any day before going after Peterson. Hutch goes to the Vikes for 7 Years 4 Mil.

Av9114
03-21-2006, 05:10 PM
I see it as a waste. That big of a contract on a guy that has had injury troubles the last few years? Granted, he is one of the top LBs when healthy, but that is only so often. I would've matched Hutch's offer any day before going after Peterson. Hutch goes to the Vikes for 7 Years 4 Mil.

I dont disagree that they paid Peterson to much, but it was nearly impossible for them to match Hutch's offer. They would have had to guarantee the entire contract. Huch got 49mil over 7 years for an average of 7mil per year not 4. The real mistake was using the transition tag not the franchise tag. I dont know why they decided to do that. The franchise tag wouldn't have cost them much more, and at the very least would have guaranteed that they would have been compensated for losing him. People here are upset about getting nothing for Brees, imagine what the fans in Seatle must be feeling right now.