PDA

View Full Version : Lekkerkerkerkkkerkerkkerkerkrker...

robanalog
03-23-2006, 03:04 PM
I thought this guy was still on our practice squad. Oh well....

Raiders | Lekkerkerker re-signed
Thu, 23 Mar 2006 12:02:42 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports the Oakland Raiders re-signed exclusive rights free agent OT Brad Lekkerkerker. Terms of the deal were not disclosed

theiceweasel
03-23-2006, 03:05 PM
That's his brother, we have Cory Lekkerkerker (http://www.chargers.com/team/roster_details.cfm?last_name=Lekkerkerker&first_name=Cory).

Nice family rivalry there. :)

robanalog
03-23-2006, 03:26 PM
OH. Didn't even cross my mind that there's 2 of them in the league...

bolts4ever21
03-23-2006, 04:40 PM
They both were on the practice squad, I believe. But brothers on rival teams, must be an interesting Thanksgiving...

56lightsout56
03-23-2006, 05:13 PM
thank god he's not a DT. can you imagine calling THAT match up in a game????

SuperBowlBolts
03-23-2006, 07:02 PM
thank god he's not a DT. can you imagine calling THAT match up in a game????
Lekerkerkerkerkeker is put on his back by lekekrekrerkerkerker hahha

WVBOLTFAN
03-23-2006, 07:04 PM

Steve Corkran, of the San Jose Mercury News, reports the Oakland Raiders re-signed exclusive rights free agent OT Brad Lekkerkerker. Terms of the deal were not disclosed

Too bad,wrong bum.

mm708
03-23-2006, 07:53 PM
This guy is trash, why start a topic on him.

mtxsound
03-23-2006, 08:01 PM

First Clue that he wasnt a Charger. But I understand the mistake.....

WVBOLTFAN
03-24-2006, 06:37 AM

So true! Another great AJ pick.:rolleyes:

chargerfan1978
03-24-2006, 04:42 PM
That's his brother, we have Cory Lekkerkerker (http://www.chargers.com/team/roster_details.cfm?last_name=Lekkerkerker&first_name=Cory).

Nice family rivalry there. :)

Should Aaron Brooks get hurt, their Lekerkerkerkerkekkerkerkerkerkerker will be blocking for Tuiasosopopsosposraiderssuckpsopopospspspspsopopop opo.

foty89
03-26-2006, 02:53 PM

Based on the huge amount of information contained in your post on the subject, I would say the post is what is trash here.

Go Bolts!
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:

foty89
03-26-2006, 02:54 PM
So true! Another great AJ pick.:rolleyes:

Care to say how you know anything about this? All you have done is agree with someone who said nothing.

Go Bolts!

WVBOLTFAN
03-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Care to say how you know anything about this? All you have done is agree with someone who said nothing.

Go Bolts!

Sorry,the guy was a great rookie.:rolleyes: Oh,wait a minute wasn't he so bad he was actually released at one point?

DefenseWins
03-26-2006, 03:38 PM
Sorry,the guy was a great rookie.:rolleyes: Oh,wait a minute wasn't he so bad he was actually released at one point?
Actually... he was not a draft pick. He was signed as an undrafted free agent after last years draft. Yes, he was released during the last cuts of training camp - so that he could be placed on the practice squad. In October of last year he was signed off the practice squad to the regular team roster - pretty darn good transition period for an undrafted player in his first year.

BTW... here is the "official" pre-draft report on the young man...
OVERVIEW
Two-year starter who began his career at Chabot Junior College. Teamed with his brother, Brad, on the Aggies' offensive line in 2003. Allowed only six quarterback sacks in two seasons at Cal-Davis.

ANALYSIS
Positives: Raw talent that is still learning the intricacies of playing on the offensive line Shows good arm extension and a powerful hand punch coming off the snap Explodes on contact, keeping his feet wide to maintain balance in pass protection Has the ability to wall off and pull for the ground game and could shift inside to guard due to his trap blocking skills Has the quickness to get to the second level to cut off the linebackers in run support Has made great strides in improving his pass set and lateral agility Has natural strength and a fluid hip roll which he uses effectively to seal off the edge rush Flashes aggression blocking in-line and delivers a hand punch into the defender's chest consistently Has very long arms (34 3/8-inch width) that he uses to his advantage in pass protection.

Negatives: Sometimes gets up on his toes in pass protection, and the more physical defenders capitalize on this to rock him back on his heels Hits the target with good lateral agility, but has problems when defenders cross his face Though he can make upfield blocks, his lumbering running style is better suited to the short area and he could shift to guard at the pro level.

INJURY REPORT
No injuries reported.

AGILITY

Campus: 5.41 in the 40-yard dash Bench pressed 225 pounds 25 times 32-inch vertical jump 8-foot-10 broad jump.
BTW.. those numbers give him a 65 on Kirwan's power/explosion calculation.

All in all, IMO would say AJ did a great job picking him up out of the undrafted players... especially when you consider how many drafted players were cut and are now out of football from last years draft.

KingGL
03-26-2006, 03:42 PM

Are you not understanding he was not drafted......Before you run your mouth realize the guy was not drafted and we picked him up for nothing as a UFA.....

KingGL
03-26-2006, 03:43 PM
Actually... he was not a draft pick. He was signed as an undrafted free agent after last years draft. Yes, he was released during the last cuts of training camp - so that he could be placed on the practice squad. In October of last year he was signed off the practice squad to the regular team roster - pretty darn good transition period for an undrafted player in his first year.

BTW... here is the "official" pre-draft report on the young man...

BTW.. those numbers give him a 65 on Kirwan's power/explosion calculation.

All in all, IMO would say AJ did a great job picking him up out of the undrafted players... especially when you consider how many drafted players were cut and are now out of football from last years draft.

LOL good post you beat me to it.......It's an accomplishment that he is still on the team at this point as a UFA..... ;)

WVBOLTFAN
03-26-2006, 04:56 PM
Are you not understanding he was not drafted......Before you run your mouth realize the guy was not drafted and we picked him up for nothing as a UFA.....

Either way it was still wasted money for whatever salary he made.

StevenSD
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM

LOL, you have nothing positive to post do you? The fact that he probably only made $650,000 or less has nothing to do with it. He is there to provide depth and so far no one has taken that away from him, he accomplished a lot for being undrafted. AJ found another one.

WVBOLTFAN
03-26-2006, 05:15 PM
LOL, you have nothing positive to post do you? The fact that he probably only made $650,000 or less has nothing to do with it. He is there to provide depth and so far no one has taken that away from him, he accomplished a lot for being undrafted. AJ found another one.

Have to have something positive to post about before I can actually post something positive.

So far the off season has been a huge disappointment with no real aspirations for the upcoming season.

KingGL
03-26-2006, 05:35 PM

You have to be joking you must not know anything at all about the NFL and how it works. Not every player you sign is good there is potential and you bring that potential in and try to refine it. Do you know how many teams sign UFA rookies and release them? It is not like the NFL has a legit minor league system. I think you might want to find a new team since obviously this one is not meeting your expectations.

KingGL
03-26-2006, 05:36 PM

So true , but the guy did not make near that he probably made 240,000-280,000.00 which basically in the NFL that is the lowest of the low salary wise.

WVBOLTFAN
03-26-2006, 06:46 PM
It is not like the NFL has a legit minor league system. I think you might want to find a new team since obviously this one is not meeting your expectations.

What about NFL Europe?

Been close to 30 years as a Charger fan,can't switch now.I guess I'm a glutten for punishment.

dswanson
03-27-2006, 09:33 AM
I pretty surprised when Lekkerkerkerkerkerker mad the final roster and Wesley Brityt was cut. So him beating out Britt says something about him. I was too excited when we first picked him up, but then again I thought Dielmann was a wasted pick when we got him. And now I'm thrilled we've got Dielmann. Not saying Lek is going to be another Dielmann, but he does intrigue me as as guy who might turn into a productive player down the road.

ryry2104
04-04-2006, 07:02 PM
I pretty surprised when Lekkerkerkerkerkerker mad the final roster and Wesley Brityt was cut. So him beating out Britt says something about him. I was too excited when we first picked him up, but then again I thought Dielmann was a wasted pick when we got him. And now I'm thrilled we've got Dielmann. Not saying Lek is going to be another Dielmann, but he does intrigue me as as guy who might turn into a productive player down the road.

we didnt draft deilman he was an undrafted free agent, so how did we waste a pick on him?

dswanson
04-05-2006, 07:18 AM
we didnt draft deilman he was an undrafted free agent, so how did we waste a pick on him?

You're right. My bad. Was thinking we had grabbed him in the 7th round for some reason. Anyway, didn't think we would ever be a player for us. Am glad I was wrong.