PDA

View Full Version : (Starting a rumor)Trade for Javon Walker?

LABoltsFan
03-24-2006, 12:36 PM
i'm just bringing up the possibility...

Would he be worth it?

he's young, and his AJ player "VALUE" would be low. so he might be a cheap addition?

Boltbaby
03-24-2006, 12:40 PM
i'm just bringing up the possibility...

Would he be worth it?

he's young, and his AJ player "VALUE" would be low. so he might be a cheap addition?

one word: malcontent

BlueandGoldRush
03-24-2006, 12:43 PM
The thing about Walker is, he is going to want a new contract no matter where he goes. If he doesn't get a big deal, he's still going to be unhappy. So I'm not sure he'd be a low-value guy.

I would have to guess that we would have to surrender at least a 2nd round pick, then give him a big multi-year deal. which is alot to give up. When all was said and done, it would probably be pretty expensive. But, I think he is WAY better than any WRs in this draft, so if management thought we needed a new #1 NOW, than Walker would be great. I think Walker has all kinds of talent, despite his knee injury.

But I don't think AJ is looking for a #1 quite yet. McCardell did a solid job last year, and Vincent Jackson is the type of guy who could step up and be a Javon Walker in a year or two.

bolts4ever21
03-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Already been started, but yes, I would like to see Walker here. He has a fairly small contract, so it should take much. Except Green Bay is set on keeping him there.

Can you imagine, Gates, Jackson, and Walker ... in the Gold Zone...

WakkaWakkaWakka
03-24-2006, 01:54 PM
AJ is bettin his chips on Jackson developing into a #1 reciever.

....a trade for walker is highly unlikely.

mtxsound
03-24-2006, 03:19 PM
AJ is bettin his chips on Jackson developing into a #1 reciever.

....a trade for walker is highly unlikely.

Seems like a decent bet to me...

foty89
03-24-2006, 03:24 PM
Already been started, but yes, I would like to see Walker here. He has a fairly small contract, so it should take much. Except Green Bay is set on keeping him there.

Can you imagine, Gates, Jackson, and Walker ... in the Gold Zone...

Actually, Green Bay is letting him look for a trade. And while he has a small contract, that is a big problem with him. He threatened to hold out last year, before blowing out his knee and is saying he won't go back to Green Bay this year, meaning he will hold out. So, he would not come cheap, even coming off a major injury, he would demand a huge contract.

I am not sure how much character there is there, at least good character.

And I would really like to see what VJ can do this year before deciding we need a receiver.

Go Bolts!
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:

bolts4ever21
03-24-2006, 03:34 PM
True, I really have high hope for Jackson. It looks like he has the tools to be successful. I just want another WR in the mix. Keenan isn't getting any younger and I would like to be able to move Parker into the slot. So we shall see.

Spank
03-24-2006, 03:41 PM
Moaning about his current contract and coming off major knee surgery?

No Thanx.....

Av9114
03-24-2006, 04:54 PM
Moaning about his current contract and coming off major knee surgery?

No Thanx.....

People really over react to his hold out threats. This isn't a TO situation, where he was demanding a crazy amount of money. He just wanted what was fair. He was grossly underpaid in GB, his situation is very similar to that of Keenan's in TB. I don't think we would have to give more than a third for him either. Culpepper went to Miami for a second, and he is a better player than Walker. I have no idea what he is looking for in terms of a contract, all I know for sure is that he wants out of GB and will do just about anything to get out. I do expect AJ to call and see whats going on with him, and wouldn't be totally shocked if we somehow find a way to bring him in. His knee is a concern and a risk, however the upside is huge.

Spank
03-24-2006, 05:15 PM
I dont think you can overreact to a holdout threat. It creates a bad locker room situation. But that isnt exactly what I am implying. I'm saying he is moaning about his current deal. Which means he is going to be malcontent until he gets what he thinks he is worth I believe. Is this something we should have to or want to deal with? I think not.

Wanting what is fair is a fine concept except that he has only had one good season by NFL standards out of a possible 4. If he can back it up with another one than I say try and sign him to a smart money contract, but until then, play for what you signed for and shut-up. So many players feel like they are underpaid for producing one decent season. Enough already. Where else would they make the kind of money they b**ch about not being enough? You signed a contract saying you would play for X amount for X many seasons so unless you really kill the deal by being a superstar, Just Go To Work.

Sorry about the rant. This stuff really irks me.

Anywho, he still has knee issues, and I believe he needs two good knees to be able to outrun DB's. I would pass if it were me, but mainly because of the knee.

CBO
03-24-2006, 05:21 PM
I have said this before. I would love to have him. He is young, big, fast and has great hands. He was hurt last year but does deserve a bigger contract. I would not mind giving up as much as a 2nd for him but could probably get away with giving up a couple later(3-5) round picks. He would help our offense and we have the money to give a new contract to him. Not many other teams do. I have been all for it.

Av9114
03-24-2006, 06:47 PM
The guy was a pro-bowl level player being paid like a backup. I know its hard to feel for a guy who makes what seems like a huge chunk on change, but the guy is worth far more than the like 5.75 over 5 years or whatever it is. Its not just that they wouldn't give him more, they wouldn't even discuss it. I think AJ would be willing to give him a incentive laden deal that could pay him the big $$s. Right now he is so fed up with GB I think he would take just about anything to get a change of scenery. They guy is a great talent and I dont think anyone has ever been a trouble maker other than this contract thing. Like I said earlier Keenan was in a similar situation before we got him, and he has been a great pickup for us.

JerryinCA
03-24-2006, 07:27 PM
Actually, Green Bay is letting him look for a trade. And while he has a small contract, that is a big problem with him. He threatened to hold out last year, before blowing out his knee and is saying he won't go back to Green Bay this year, meaning he will hold out. So, he would not come cheap, even coming off a major injury, he would demand a huge contract.

I am not sure how much character there is there, at least good character.

And I would really like to see what VJ can do this year before deciding we need a receiver.

Go Bolts!
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:

We traded for Keenan who was in the midst of a holding out on tampa bay while under contract so I don't know how we can say that Walker is a character concern. I too hope VJ becomes something special but I still think we can bring in a WR since we let Reche go and it wouldn't take much to be an improvement.

Spank
03-24-2006, 08:06 PM
Points taken, but, KM had like 13 seasons of proof going into his contract dispute. And he was known for being a good locker room guy and quality teammate. I think this was taken into account when the trade happened.

Opinion of course... just opinion...

The knee thing would still cloud my decision though. Maybe its just me.

SUPERBOLTSCHAMP
03-24-2006, 08:17 PM
DID Y"ALL FORGET THE EMPIRE ON OUR TEAM
AJ:rolleyes:

Go ask him

Av9114
03-24-2006, 08:36 PM
DID Y"ALL FORGET THE EMPIRE ON OUR TEAM
AJ:rolleyes:

Go ask him

Trust me we would if we could.

Av9114
03-24-2006, 08:41 PM
I would be concerned about his knee too, but I'm not saying that we should give up much to get him. I just think that since he obviously has to be traded, there is a decent chance that we could get him for some of our lower draft picks and sign him to an incentive laden deal. Worst case he isn't able to regain his form and we lose a draft pick or whatever, best case he comes back 100% and is a legit #1 and pro-bowl WR. IMO the late round picks are all about taking risks and hoping to hit the lottery. He has shown that he has big upside, why not take a flyer on him. In either case its something to have fun with and think about between now and the draft.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
03-24-2006, 08:46 PM
Jackson?? whos that is he on your team now, or you guys talking about Chad Jackson??

If so word has it Denver wants him at 15 so he will be gone..

TJ21
03-24-2006, 10:43 PM
Me too. But Walker is an enticing prospect. :)

Boltfan92153
03-25-2006, 11:04 AM
We could get him for a 3rd I bet.

SUPERBOLTSCHAMP
03-25-2006, 01:57 PM
don't bet ur farm on it:rolleyes:

Boltfan92153
03-25-2006, 03:45 PM
An injured reciever who will not have much of a cap hit from his low contract if traded? I am pretty sure that Green Bay will get a third for him.

Alibell1
03-26-2006, 01:30 AM
We could get him for a 3rd I bet.

Damn good thing you're not the GM of the Packers. No way the Chargers could get him for a 3rd. If his knee checks out he goes for nothing less than a high 2nd.

BoltzRule
03-26-2006, 01:35 AM
Points taken, but, KM had like 13 seasons of proof going into his contract dispute. And he was known for being a good locker room guy and quality teammate. I think this was taken into account when the trade happened.

Opinion of course... just opinion...

The knee thing would still cloud my decision though. Maybe its just me.

What about Gates?

And in a way Merriman too.

Are they locker room cancers? They're still really young...

BoltzRule
03-26-2006, 01:39 AM
Also not sure how reliable this is if it's reliable at all, but a poster on a different board said he heard on ESPN Radio that the Packers made this offer to the Bills. So yea take this with a grain of salt.

Bills Get:
Javon Walker
Packers 5th Round Pick

Packers Get:
Eric Moulds
Bills 3rd round Pick
Bills 2007 4th round Pick

Spank
03-26-2006, 06:10 AM
What about Gates?

And in a way Merriman too.

Are they locker room cancers? They're still really young...

Are either one up for trade?

Are either one in contract disputes?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make :confused:

greg
03-26-2006, 07:19 AM
ask bret farve about him ... i'm sure he'll help javon w\ his bags

laschwa
03-26-2006, 08:05 AM
speaking of favre, i know he is a hall of famer and a god in GB, but what the heck is with his "oh i don't know if i'll retire or not" for 2 years?

it's killing the packers. they are restricted in their moves because they have to wait and see what he decides.

but back to walker, just like moulds, if we can get him at a fair price, it can't hurt.

and he, unlike moulds, would truly be a #1. plus, his attitude isn't that bad from the interviews i've seen. but what do i know?

Spank
03-26-2006, 08:12 AM
speaking of favre, i know he is a hall of famer and a god in GB, but what the heck is with his "oh i don't know if i'll retire or not" for 2 years?

it's killing the packers. they are restricted in their moves because they have to wait and see what he decides.

Favre has decided to come back. It has not been officially released by the team as of yet but it has been reported and the team wont deny it.

Boltfan92153
03-26-2006, 09:14 AM
Finally someone knows! Even if he decided earlier, would the packers still be good.

BoltsfanNYC
03-26-2006, 09:18 AM
here is an IDEA.... Chargers trade Feely and 2007 1st 2nd to Greenbay for Farve,
Chargers sign Best Tackle and trade 3 round to Buffalo for Moulds...
then draft Tackle, guard, CB/S

Farve leads us to the dance Rivers learns from the best, and we roll up next 5 dances!

bolts4ever21
03-26-2006, 12:21 PM
here is an IDEA.... Chargers trade Feely and 2007 1st 2nd to Greenbay for Farve,
Chargers sign Best Tackle and trade 3 round to Buffalo for Moulds...
then draft Tackle, guard, CB/S

Farve leads us to the dance Rivers learns from the best, and we roll up next 5 dances!

No way Farve is ever in another uniform than GB. Bad idea....

nshep42
03-26-2006, 01:05 PM
PR learns from the best?

What...he learns how to throw awful passes that are easily intercepted and then be praised for a "gunslinger mentality"...

Favre was a great one, but hes washed up

hoopdreams
03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Javon Walker has put his house in Green Bay up for sale. The Packers are still saying that they will not trade him. He might actually retire early. That would be unbelievable. He is probably going to do it out of pride. He's made public statements that he will retire rather than go back to Green Bay. It will be interesting to see how this works out.

Chargeroo
03-26-2006, 02:05 PM
I wonder why it always seems to be the WR's that are looking for a bigger contract, threatening to hold out, and so on? Do the WR's think they are worth more than they really are? Do the GM's undervalue the WR's?

I think as the NFL continues almost yearly to change the rules and make it more favorable for the receivers, that they will grow more and more important to teams. Also considering that many WR's take three years to develop in the NFL and in fact, many early round picks at the WR position never quite make it in the NFL, makes me think a guy like Walker is worth a darn good salary. Paying a lot of money to a good WR seems reasonable in todays NFL to me.

What do you guys think?

FanSince1979
03-26-2006, 02:24 PM
I wonder why it always seems to be the WR's that are looking for a bigger contract, threatening to hold out, and so on? Do the WR's think they are worth more than they really are? Do the GM's undervalue the WR's?

I think as the NFL continues almost yearly to change the rules and make it more favorable for the receivers, that they will grow more and more important to teams. Also considering that many WR's take three years to develop in the NFL and in fact, many early round picks at the WR position never quite make it in the NFL, makes me think a guy like Walker is worth a darn good salary. Paying a lot of money to a good WR seems reasonable in todays NFL to me.

What do you guys think? How many years does it take an OT to develop? How many years does it take a CB to develop? Doesn't it depend on the talent of the player?

The whole argument that it takes X amount of years for position Y to develop is too simplistic, IMO. It depends on the player more than the position.

Many WR's have had successful rookie years, and many OT's have had lousy rookie seasons. Some players, regardless of position, take time to develop. In other words, some players take longer than others to develop, regardless of position.

The Chargers have needs to fill:
WR: McCardell is old and Parker is best used as a slot/3rd string WR
OG: We lost Fonoti
OT: Oben is old
ILB: Godfrey nearly retired
OLB: Foley is getting old
S: Not high need, but upgrade would be very nice
CB: Not high need, but upgrade would be more than welcomed by the fans.

Anybody drafted for any of the above positions may take time to develop. That person might become rookie of the year or he might take 1-3 years to develop.

It is the talent of the player, as opposed to the position the player plays, that will dictate how long it takes for him to develop. Coaching matters too, ofcourse.

That's what I think. ;):Beer:

BoltzRule
03-26-2006, 04:04 PM
Are either one up for trade?

Are either one in contract disputes?

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make :confused:

I guess I wasn't clear enough, people are saying Walker is a cancer because he is having a contract dispute, but so did Gates and in Merriman as well. Does that make them cancers?

The only difference between Gates and Javon's situations is the Chargers were willing to discuss a deal while the Packers flat out told him no. He doesn't even hold out and comes back because Favre asked him too and then he ends up having a season ending injury.

I don't know I'd pretty upset too if I was in his shoes.

FanSince1979
03-26-2006, 04:27 PM
one word: malcontent
one word: playmaker

Spank
03-26-2006, 04:30 PM
I guess I wasn't clear enough, people are saying Walker is a cancer because he is having a contract dispute, but so did Gates and in Merriman as well. Does that make them cancers?

The only difference between Gates and Javon's situations is the Chargers were willing to discuss a deal while the Packers flat out told him no. He doesn't even hold out and comes back because Favre asked him too and then he ends up having a season ending injury.

I don't know I'd pretty upset too if I was in his shoes.

I wouldnt use the word cancer. Thats a tad harsher than I believe he is perceived. He is a malcontent. He wants a new deal and he is openly brasen about it. It could mean trouble. I am sure he would have to agree to a new deal before any team could pick him up or else he would just be holding out against his new employer.

Simply put he wants big money and he isnt gonna be a happy camper until he gets it. Thats a big issue IMO. Outside of that the knee issue is still his biggest problem right now. Nobody knows how well he will respond to what happened last season.

Also, The Merriman situation doesnt apply here. Its just a bad example on your part. He wasnt holding out, because he had no contract to hold out from. He was in a stare down with management and he lost, as most do when it comes to AJ and his hard-line negotiations. Merriman couldnt be a cancer because AJ told him he wasnt welcome near the team until he signed his contract. He had no contact with the team or lockerroom to become a cancer.

Knee issues are a big deal. A very big deal.

FanSince1979
03-26-2006, 05:02 PM
I wouldnt use the word cancer. Thats a tad harsher than I believe he is perceived. He is a malcontent. He wants a new deal and he is openly brasen about it. It could mean trouble. I am sure he would have to agree to a new deal before any team could pick him up or else he would just be holding out against his new employer.

Simply put he wants big money and he isnt gonna be a happy camper until he gets it. Thats a big issue IMO. Outside of that the knee issue is still his biggest problem right now. Nobody knows how well he will respond to what happened last season.

Also, The Merriman situation doesnt apply here. Its just a bad example on your part. He wasnt holding out, because he had no contract to hold out from. He was in a stare down with management and he lost, as most do when it comes to AJ and his hard-line negotiations. Merriman couldnt be a cancer because AJ told him he wasnt welcome near the team until he signed his contract. He had no contact with the team or lockerroom to become a cancer.

Knee issues are a big deal. A very big deal.Comparing him to the Gates situation is a good example though. The difference is that Javon Walker didn't hold out last year. He decided to play last year with the good faith that his contract would be restructured this year. Green Bay won't even work with him. People give AJ a hard time, but at least he restructured Gates contract. He didn't have to.
Walker is putting it on the line. I believe him when he says that he is willing to retire, and I don't blame him. Green Bay should either trade him or restructure his contract. I think they are being very mean to force him into retirement.

Spank
03-26-2006, 05:57 PM
Comparing him to the Gates situation is a good example though. The difference is that Javon Walker didn't hold out last year. He decided to play last year with the good faith that his contract would be restructured this year. Green Bay won't even work with him. People give AJ a hard time, but at least he restructured Gates contract. He didn't have to.
Walker is putting it on the line. I believe him when he says that he is willing to retire, and I don't blame him. Green Bay should either trade him or restructure his contract. I think they are being very mean to force him into retirement.

The downside to Gates not being on the field would have been devistating to the team and AJ's persona. AJ would never have lived it down in the media or the fans perspective. Also, if Gates had said, "OK i'll finish out my contract", there would have been no more Gates after last season. 30 other teams would have beat down his agents door to try and sign him and the Bolts dont dish out the kinda coin he would have gottten on the FA market. I like how AJ handled it. But it really could have backfired IMO.

Its possible that the powers-at-be in GB thought that they could do without Walker. Or maybe they just said "we wont let the employees tell us how to run our company." Who really knows? Its always hard to make comparisons of these natures becuase ther is so much indifference in each situation. I'm a believer in the contract being fulfilled. You sign it. You play it out. I know that management can void it at any time but it seems like every player with a halfway decent season believes he's in position to hold the franchise and its salary cap hostage for 4-6 years. Its so much of a business now it makes it difficult to really feel for either side. To me anyways.

FanSince1979
03-26-2006, 06:03 PM
Spank,
Did you agree with me; disagree with me; or both disagree and agree with me? I'm not sure. ;)

Spank
03-26-2006, 06:40 PM
Spank,
Did you agree with me; disagree with me; or both disagree and agree with me? I'm not sure. ;)

I'm not sure either! :D

LABoltsFan
03-26-2006, 11:38 PM
everyone forgets Javon's side..
he was the savior to a terrible year... he an brett were the one big things that made the season (2 years ago) bright for the Packers...

He was working for some paltry amount (league minimum - if i recall correctly)...

he ended up the season with very impressive numbers.... all he was asking for was a raise.... he specifically asked for what was "fair" not an astronomical amount...

and rather play the T.O. move, he spoke up, and decided to play...
unfortunately to him, in the beginning of the season, he got injured (and somehow vindicated the Team's position to not pay him more..)

i see a player who spoke for what was fair, and then decided to play (being the better man/player...)

as much as you can say malcontent... i see someone that was truely in need of a well deserved raise, and got shafted due to contracts...

He is truely a player, (i beleive) that would shine in another place,... he is someone that needs a new surrounding and a place to start over...

FanSince1979
03-26-2006, 11:44 PM
everyone forgets Javon's side..
he was the savior to a terrible year... he an brett were the one big things that made the season (2 years ago) bright for the Packers...
He was working for some paltry amount (league minimum - if i recall correctly)...
he ended up the season with very impressive numbers.... all he was asking for was a raise.... he specifically asked for what was "fair" not an astronomical amount...
and rather play the T.O. move, he spoke up, and decided to play...
unfortunately to him, in the beginning of the season, he got injured (and somehow vindicated the Team's position to not pay him more..)
i see a player who spoke for what was fair, and then decided to play (being the better man/player...)
as much as you can say malcontent... i see someone that was truely in need of a well deserved raise, and got shafted due to contracts...

He is truely a player, (i beleive) that would shine in another place,... he is someone that needs a new surrounding and a place to start over...
I agree, and that is almost exactly what I wrote a few posts below. :Beer:

BoltzRule
03-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Comparing him to the Gates situation is a good example though. The difference is that Javon Walker didn't hold out last year. He decided to play last year with the good faith that his contract would be restructured this year. Green Bay won't even work with him. People give AJ a hard time, but at least he restructured Gates contract. He didn't have to.

He's also willing to give money back to get out, the Packers had a chance to have a stud WR for a long time and instead they're stuck with nothing and are in a horrible position to trade him.

BoltzRule
03-26-2006, 11:55 PM

Knee issues are a big deal. A very big deal.

It's not really that different, Merriman wouldn't show up until he had a contract, kind of like a holdout not showing up until an extension. Merriman would of gotten his contract even if he got hurt, if the Chargers refused then they would of gone to arbitration and it would of been really bad pub for the Chargers.

And he has a contract now, it isn't a lifetime deal he's going to want an extension when the time comes....

I guess you didn't see my point.

Chargeroo
03-27-2006, 08:29 AM
This is all interesting except I haven't read anything saying GB was trying to trade him or we were trying to get him. If they did try to trade him, I'd love to see the Chargers get involved. He's a good player and has shown good effort even while being unhappy with his deal. If the Packers are smart, they'll sweeten the pot and tie him up long term.

Ikeman83
03-27-2006, 09:23 AM
This is all interesting except I haven't read anything saying GB was trying to trade him or we were trying to get him. If they did try to trade him, I'd love to see the Chargers get involved. He's a good player and has shown good effort even while being unhappy with his deal. If the Packers are smart, they'll sweeten the pot and tie him up long term.

I don't think there's enough sugar in all the diners of the world to sweeten the pot enough for Javon to stay in GB. When you name your options as cut me, trade me, or I will retire, you've pretty much made it apparent that you don't want to play there.

bolts4ever21
03-27-2006, 11:40 AM
I don't see him playing for GB. Even and especially if Farve comes back. He listened to Farve last year and ended his holdout, just to get squat. I think it'll be a last minute thing and he will get traded. I would love for us to look into this. He would be a nice addition to our WR group.

BoltsfanNYC
03-27-2006, 12:05 PM
if we got Javon.... we could wait for WR until tmac retires, and groom VJ.also the draft becomes T-CB-S_G

Chargeroo
03-27-2006, 12:17 PM
if we got Javon.... we could wait for WR until tmac retires, and groom VJ.also the draft becomes T-CB-S_G
That's probably what AJ's draft preference is now, without Walker. :)

I don't think there's enough sugar in all the diners of the world to sweeten the pot enough............ That's what we all thought about anyone luring Brees away a few short weeks ago. If they offer him what he thinks he's worth, he'll smile and sign and be in camp on time. Money speaks louder than words. If they don't though, he'd be well worth us spending some of our salary cap dollars on. I liked him coming out of college and he's even better now.

Bullgod
03-27-2006, 12:58 PM
If we add a true #1 to our offense it has the potential to be great. Last year our offense was close to unstoppable most of the time. Rivers has much more talent than Brees. Brees had a consistency about him but he also outright lost us some games by himself. Rivers is going to be a very solid Qb this year and show sign's of his greatness to come. PLASE AJ. At least sign or trade for a decent WR. Get the rest throught the draft.

LABoltsFan
03-27-2006, 01:07 PM
it seems to me that Javon might not make it past draft day (as a packer)..

as chargers, are we in the position to do this, and give GB a viable trade package?

FanSince1979
03-27-2006, 01:26 PM
I heard a rumor that Denver is looking to trade with New Orleans for their #2 pick, so they can draft Leinart. Makes a lot of sense to me.

mrnoize
03-29-2006, 08:59 AM

It sounds like AJ has a lot of chips!

Don't forget he bet all of his chips on Rivers too!

He's either going to be commended or kicked out of SD.

I tend to think that it is dangerous to continue to put all of your chips into rookies and unproven players.

I guess we'll see.

mrnoize
03-29-2006, 09:02 AM
In response to picking up Jevon Walker!
I would love that!
He is a playmaker!
I would finally feel like we have a #1 receiver

L.T. - 21
03-29-2006, 09:02 AM
Packers have announce that they will not trade Javon Walker

L.T. - 21
03-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Walker no longer has Pack mentality http://m1.2mdn.net/viewad/817-grey.gif (http://ad.doubleclick.net/click;h=v5|33b7|0|0|%2a|f;44306;0-0;0;10732674;238-150|30;0|0|0;u=QvtpBwq0DmcAADRdwmo;~sscs=%3f)http://ad.doubleclick.net/ad/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Anony mous;cust=no;vip=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=999621143 648280? (http://ad.doubleclick.net/jump/sponsorships.nfl.com/fs/stories;arena=nfl;feat=stories;type=psa;user=Anony mous;cust=no;vip=no;sz=150x30;tile=5;ord=999621143 648280?)
http://images.nfl.com/images/author/8830.jpg By Adam Schefter (http://www.nfl.com/writers/schefter)
Special to NFL.com

Watch Schefter's free agency report (http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/nflfilms/demand/s2006/nfln-ta/off/annual_meeting_schefter_300k.rm&proto=rtsp&rbnkey=1&rpcontexturl=http://www.nfl.com/fieldpass/includes/promo&rpcontextwidth=417&rpcontextheight=250)
Adam Schefter's "Around the League" reports and commentaries can be seen regularly on NFL Total Access (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/total_access). ORLANDO, Fla. (March 28, 2006) -- After making plenty of noise last offseason, Packers wide receiver Javon Walker started making more today.
Walker called Packers management to notify it that he would not return to Green Bay and he wanted to be traded, a source said.
Green Bay, however, is determined to stand firm. It insists it is not going to be bullied and it will trade Walker only if the price is right. So far, no offers have been.
http://images.nfl.com/photos/img8849822.jpg After a failed demand for a new contract, Javon Walker suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 1. But in the coming weeks, offers are expected to be sweetened. The Denver Broncos, Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers already have expressed varying degrees of interest in Walker and any team that has expressed some interest in Buffalo wide receiver Eric Moulds -- i.e., Houston and New England -- might now explore what it would take to get Walker.
But the standoff has begun. Walker has insisted he wants out, the Packers have insisted they won't let him influence their thinking, and now it will be up to some other team to pry loose the wide receiver.
Last season, Walker tried to talk his way out of Green Bay and it didn't work. This offseason, it seems as if he is more determined and others are more interested.