PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Turley...

TradeLT4DBs
03-28-2006, 07:07 AM
Whatever happened to this guy? Is he a FA? I think he was injured last season...not too sure.

Alibell1
03-28-2006, 08:08 AM
He's out of football. But hey, he's a former Pro Bowler and a former Aztec so I think the Chargers should call him and offer him at least $5 million a year to talk him out of retirement. Afterall, names win Super Bowls, not teams.

JoeMcRugby
03-28-2006, 08:41 AM
His back is fried. His weight was down to below 250 pounds and he talked about "changing positions" to defensive line because his back can't support the 300+ pounds necessary to play in the o-line.

Obviously, the "position change" talk came to nothing. I'm pretty sure he's played his last down of football.

mtxsound
03-28-2006, 09:43 AM
His back is fried. His weight was down to below 250 pounds and he talked about "changing positions" to defensive line because his back can't support the 300+ pounds necessary to play in the o-line.

Obviously, the "position change" talk came to nothing. I'm pretty sure he's played his last down of football.

I think he is now relegated to a spot on Best Damn Sports Show Period.

JCDavey
03-28-2006, 10:41 AM
i liked his passion for the game although it helped shorten his career.

i love the way he stuck up for aaron brooks on a sunday night game, i forget who the saints were playing but he threw a helmet or something, after some guy late hit his qb or something, it's a foggy memory

CBO
03-28-2006, 12:10 PM
The guy was a good player when healthy. He had alot of fire.

TheIceCreamMan
03-28-2006, 07:56 PM
ya loved his hair lol... but on a new note lets pick up Vince Manuwi ( we give Jags a 3rd rounder) and get Andre Dyson ( a beast at CB)

Mikkel
03-30-2006, 01:17 AM
We can't get Andre Dyson as he just signed a 5 year deal with Jets
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2389547
A good signing for the jets 5 year 11.5 mill including $3 million in signing and roster bonuses. I would have loved to see him as a Charger (especially at that price).

06champions
03-30-2006, 04:53 PM
i liked his passion for the game although it helped shorten his career.

i love the way he stuck up for aaron brooks on a sunday night game, i forget who the saints were playing but he threw a helmet or something, after some guy late hit his qb or something, it's a foggy memory
I remember that, It was against the jets. That's how an O-linemen should stick up for his QB.

SecAsianMan007
03-30-2006, 05:26 PM
Kyle Turley was a warrior. He was such an athletic tackle. It would have been awesome to have him in San Diego. It didn't quite work out in St. Louis, but yeah, I think he's done for.

drangus
03-30-2006, 11:08 PM
when kyle turley came to SDSU he was about 215 pounds over a period of four years he gained

100 pounds:confused: the balloon had to burst eventually--now he is back to the what he weighed

before his sophmore year in college or about 230 pounds--the same thing happened to brian

bosworth and mark bavaro after they retired--like somebody sticking a needle into the balloon

PSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

that type of weight gain and loss is not natural--perhaps that might shed a little light on the

the temper issues that kyle had--I just hope for his sake that he put some of that money away

for later when he needs kidney and liver transplants

Boltfan92153
03-31-2006, 03:04 PM
He fought with the STL coach, right?

SecAsianMan007
04-03-2006, 11:52 PM
Yeah, he had a meltdown with Mike Martz. Martz didn't like it when Turley spent the season on IR away from the team. It ended up in a shouting match in Martz's office where Turley threatened to kill Martz. No joke.

Farmer808
04-11-2006, 12:32 PM
he was on t.v. like a year ago talking about becoming a DE or TE

raiderhaiter619
04-13-2006, 03:18 PM
I heard him on Scott and BR the other day saying he was getting his weight back up and was going to attempt a comeback at o-line,he said his back feels great and best of all said he would play for the league minimum because he loves to play the game,now thats what I like to hear from a former probowler....i say what is the worst that good happen,if things dont work out just cut him.Sign him up AJ.

robanalog
04-13-2006, 03:27 PM
I heard him on Scott and BR the other day saying he was getting his weight back up and was going to attempt a comeback at o-line,he said his back feels great and best of all said he would play for the league minimum because he loves to play the game,now thats what I like to hear from a former probowler....i say what is the worst that good happen,if things dont work out just cut him.Sign him up AJ.

Nope they asked him about if there was interest and he said AJ said he had no interest whatsoever in getting him on the team. His previous reputation preceds him...