PDA

View Full Version : Podium's Official Fantasy Football League

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Podium
07-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Apply through PM, if I think you're OK, I'll approve you. Otherwise, you won't get a PM back. This is for mostly "the regulars" I guess. I have final say on admittance, but we'll discuss rules as a league.

Once the slots are filled, I will reveal the General Managers for the league in a spectacle only rivaled by the World Cup and SuperBowl.

Spots are filling up quickly (halfgone)
(note: we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone:D)

Podium
07-07-2006, 09:02 AM
http://www.musicnotes.com/productimg/bkwbpvm03013.jpg

Tomlinson21
07-07-2006, 09:22 AM
I'm in...I just sent you a PM.

Podium
07-07-2006, 12:09 PM
There is 1 spot left, PM me to get it.

The official list of GMs will be released shortly.

LTfan4life
07-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Oooooo..it's a secret list http://www.utopiafootball.com/forums/images/smilies/ikonBoard/rock.gif

JCDavey
07-07-2006, 01:51 PM
Oooooo..it's a secret list http://www.utopiafootball.com/forums/images/smilies/ikonBoard/rock.gifschindler's haha

Podium
07-07-2006, 05:39 PM
http://www.musicnotes.com/productimg/bkwbpvm03013.jpg
One more open spot.

Stone
07-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Stop getting that song stuck in my head!

Podium
07-07-2006, 06:17 PM
Fine.

http://www.ctgilles.net/images/pictars/bump.jpg

LTfan4life
07-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Is it filled yet?

Podium
07-07-2006, 09:32 PM
2 more people have joined, so we're going to bump the roster a bit bigger.

1 more spot to fill now.

LTfan4life
07-07-2006, 09:37 PM
How many teams are there gonna be?

Podium
07-07-2006, 09:38 PM
How many teams are there gonna be?

Depending on the responses to some PMs I sent out to certain people, could be 14 or 16.

LTfan4life
07-07-2006, 09:40 PM
Depending on the responses to some PMs I sent out to certain people, could be 14 or 16.

The draft is going to make or break people before the season even starts.

Podium
07-07-2006, 09:45 PM
The draft is going to make or break people before the season even starts.

That's what makes it so fun.

Podium
07-07-2006, 09:46 PM
SLOTS are full as of now. However, still waiting for confirmation from a person or two, so don't send me PMs if you want to join. If room opens up, I'll let you guys know.

LTfan4life
07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
SLOTS are full as of now. However, still waiting for confirmation from a person or two, so don't send me PMs if you want to join. If room opens up, I'll let you guys know.
How about that list of who's in? I'm curious... :)

Podium
07-07-2006, 10:29 PM
How about that list of who's in? I'm curious... :)

be patient young grasshopper. I'm waiting for confirmation on 2 last spots. If they don't get filled, then we still have a full league.

loweezy
07-08-2006, 03:49 PM
message me if something opens up. :)

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 05:47 PM
Hopefully people will be committed to the league, so we can have a live draft :)

Sanitation Man
07-08-2006, 07:46 PM
Hopefully people will be committed to the league, so we can have a live draft :)

Better be a live draft - otherwise, it's no fun w/o smack...

HeadTrip
07-08-2006, 09:11 PM
Better be a live draft - otherwise, it's no fun w/o smack...

No kidding! Besides, even if someone wanted to auto draft, they could simply skip the live draft and it would work like an auto draft for them anyway.

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 09:26 PM
No kidding! Besides, even if someone wanted to auto draft, they could simply skip the live draft and it would work like an auto draft for them anyway.

Indeed. All votes say LIVE!!

I don't know about ESPN's fantasy league, but with Yahoo, if people didn't show for the Live draft, the pick takes like 2 minutes for each person. Not fun when there's 16 teams, and only 3 people show up.

WaywardCharger
07-08-2006, 09:26 PM
Trust me, I am committed to the league... However, I cannot commit to a live draft due to work requirements. (Often on call for two 3000 user Networks, and several smaller satellite networks and I live in Thunderstorm Country, which means lots of outages.) Additionally, I often do not have power here, because of said Thunderstorms.

You Homers in San D, would never understand how nice you have it compared to parts of this country. Heck, I live on a dirt road..

WC

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 09:28 PM
Trust me, I am committed to the league... However, I cannot commit to a live draft due to work requirements. (Often on call for two 3000 user Networks, and several smaller satellite networks and I live in Thunderstorm Country, which means lots of outages.) Additionally, I often do not have power here, because of said Thunderstorms.

You Homers in San D, would never understand how nice you have it compared to parts of this country. Heck, I live on a dirt road..

WC

No problemo. Just make a pre draft ranking list so you get the players you want if they're available at that slot. Hopefully most of the people can make it though.

TJ21
07-08-2006, 09:33 PM
In the DFG league I joined I got Larry Johnson and freakin Carson Palmer... one can only be so lucky again.

HeadTrip
07-08-2006, 09:37 PM

WC

I live in Raider/49er country. Do you really want to get in an argument about who has it worse?? :)

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 09:42 PM
I live in Raider/49er country. Do you really want to get in an argument about who has it worse?? :)
I am surrounded by Donkey fans at work. Gamedays we are supposed to support the Broncos. Thankfully I haven't had to experience it yet. Do we really want to get in an argument about who has it worse?? :)

HeadTrip
07-08-2006, 09:59 PM
I am surrounded by Donkey fans at work. Gamedays we are supposed to support the Broncos. Thankfully I haven't had to experience it yet. Do we really want to get in an argument about who has it worse?? :)

What part of "raider fans" don't you understand???

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 10:01 PM
What part of "raider fans" don't you understand???

Raiders are a joke. Donkeys fans don't shut up no matter what. I feel for ya though :)

HeadTrip
07-08-2006, 10:21 PM
Raiders are a joke. Donkeys fans don't shut up no matter what. I feel for ya though :)

Raider fans always think they are going to win the SB :rolleyes:. Either way it's most unplesant. If you ever have to don the Donkey hat at work, I think you will be the unparalleled most unfortunate Charger fan in all the land lol.

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Raider fans always think they are going to win the SB :rolleyes:. Either way it's most unplesant. If you ever have to don the Donkey hat at work, I think you will be the unparalleled most unfortunate Charger fan in all the land lol.

That's when you quit :)

Sirbob
07-08-2006, 11:09 PM
I'm in, I will join

LTfan4life
07-08-2006, 11:16 PM
I'm in, I will join

PM Podium

Podium
07-09-2006, 12:26 AM
The rosters are now final folks, names will be released in the morning.

Good luck to all the competitors.

Sanitation Man
07-09-2006, 12:30 AM
Indeed. All votes say LIVE!!

I don't know about ESPN's fantasy league, but with Yahoo, if people didn't show for the Live draft, the pick takes like 2 minutes for each person. Not fun when there's 16 teams, and only 3 people show up.

I think you can set it up to let the draft know you won't be live but make sure you pre-select your players. I believe that the selection is then made within 10-15 seconds. I may be wrong or I may be right. Either way, we can rip on the person and they'll never know. :D

Podium
07-09-2006, 12:31 AM
I think you can set it up to let the draft know you won't be live but make sure you pre-select your players. I believe that the selection is then made within 10-15 seconds. I may be wrong or I may be right. Either way, we can rip on the person and they'll never know. :D

Yeah most services have that, and that's what we'll most likely be doing.

If the person isn't going to be there, all they have to do is pre-rank and then click "auto draft" or whatever the button is, and when its their turn, the computer picks the next player on their list with 10 seconds of the clock.

LTfan4life
07-09-2006, 12:33 AM
So the league's set up through ESPN...right?

Podium
07-09-2006, 12:35 AM
So the league's set up through ESPN...right?

I'm going to spend tomorrow afternoon figuring out which service best fits our need.

It'll most likely be one of the big 3, NFL, ESPN, Yahoo. People have suggested each one, but I want to see which one fits best.

Personally, I liked ESPN's better than Yahoo's last year, but its not a big deal to me, and I'm going to check out the NFL one tomorrow.

Main requirement that we need is the live-draft with the option to auto draft which I'm almost certain Yahoo has, but not sure about the other two.

HeadTrip
07-09-2006, 12:42 AM
I'm going to spend tomorrow afternoon figuring out which service best fits our need.

It'll most likely be one of the big 3, NFL, ESPN, Yahoo. People have suggested each one, but I want to see which one fits best.

Personally, I liked ESPN's better than Yahoo's last year, but its not a big deal to me, and I'm going to check out the NFL one tomorrow.

Main requirement that we need is the live-draft with the option to auto draft which I'm almost certain Yahoo has, but not sure about the other two.

I know NFL.com has that option. I've used it for the last 2 years and I can't really think of anything it lacks.

Podium
07-09-2006, 10:10 AM
And without further ado

http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/384/leag8kq.jpg

(thanks to Tahir for the photoshop)

TCUFAN5
07-09-2006, 10:45 AM
good luck boys.. happy fantasy

Stone
07-09-2006, 11:29 AM
I vote for Yahoo, if it matters to anyone.

LTfan4life
07-09-2006, 01:26 PM
And without further ado

(thanks to Tahir for the photoshop)

Wow. This is gonna be good.Hopefully someone can at least finish a close second to me! :p

HeadTrip
07-09-2006, 01:33 PM
Wow. This is gonna be good.Hopefully someone can at least finish a close second to me! :p

Hehe I'll try :).

My first fantasy year I didn't make the playoffs, my 2nd I made an early first round exit, and my third year.... We shall see!

Good luck everyone! :Bolt:

Podium
07-09-2006, 01:45 PM
I think I've figured out the best way to do this.

However, I'm going to put it up to a vote from you guys.

I think an "offline draft" here would be good because we could do it over a weekend or so and I could enter the results. That way we can talk some smack on picks.

Otherwise we can do the live draft with the auto picks. I'll set up the league by Tuesday or so.

Couple questions for everyone to answer, seriously.

1. Offline draft or live draft with auto pick
2. Defensive players or Defenses?
3. Positions? (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K for offense is what I was thinking)
4. Sig bets?

Sirbob
07-09-2006, 02:12 PM
Last year I picked TO and culpepper!!!!!!!!!!!
#@$&*@^%*&^

TJ21
07-09-2006, 02:35 PM
I prefer Defenses, not defensive players... but that's just my opinion.

Stone
07-09-2006, 02:46 PM
1. live draft
2. Defenses
3. all are fine
4. sure

Podium
07-09-2006, 03:11 PM
We're using Yahoo, btw. Unless someone has any serious objections.

LTfan4life
07-09-2006, 04:07 PM
Have a live draft with auto picks if that person doesn't show.

Defenses are best, but defensive players don't bother me.

Positions are fine. 2 QBs, 2 RBs, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE, 3 WRs, 7 bench? I'm not sure on how many players starting/bench you guys want.

SIG BETS!!!!

TJ21
07-09-2006, 04:15 PM
Yes definitely sig bets!

How's this sound:

The League Champion's name (or whatever he/she wants) goes on a sig that all the others in the league have to wear. But the second place guy only wears it day while third place where's it 3 days, and 4th wears it a week and last place wears it a month. :D

Too confusing? Just a suggestion. :p

Podium
07-09-2006, 04:21 PM
You guys want one or two QBs starting?

I think the sig bets should be like, if you lose your matchup that week, you have to wear a sig that says "I got OWNED by _________"

LTfan4life
07-09-2006, 04:24 PM
You guys want one or two QBs starting?

I think the sig bets should be like, if you lose your matchup that week, you have to wear a sig that says "I got OWNED by _________"
That sounds good. But it might be a lot of work for the sig maker, unless they were all the same, but with a different user name. If that makes sense?

Well, if their's 16 teams, that means every starting QB in the NFL will be on a team and be starting. Even JP Losman :D Maybe just 1 starting QB.

Podium
07-09-2006, 04:49 PM
That sounds good. But it might be a lot of work for the sig maker, unless they were all the same, but with a different user name. If that makes sense?

Well, if their's 16 teams, that means every starting QB in the NFL will be on a team and be starting. Even JP Losman :D Maybe just 1 starting QB.
Yeah I think just one QB.

In the NFL starters:

32 QBs
32 RBs
32 TEs
32 Ks
64 WRs

so for our league

1 QB
2 RB
2 WRs
1 TE
1 K
1 DEF

is what I think I'll set it at.

I think what I'll do too if possible is set one of the RB positions to RB/WR

Pot Roast
07-09-2006, 04:51 PM
Yeah I think just one QB.

In the NFL starters:

32 QBs
32 RBs
32 TEs
32 Ks
64 WRs

so for our league

1 QB
2 RB
2 WRs
1 TE
1 K
1 DEF

is what I think I'll set it at.

I think what I'll do too if possible is set one of the RB positions to RB/WR

how does one pick their team? can you just choose? Or is there a method so people dont get the same players?

Podium
07-09-2006, 04:53 PM
how does one pick their team? can you just choose? Or is there a method so people dont get the same players?

We have a draft.

So everyone has a pick, then we draft our teams that way.

LT LT LT
07-09-2006, 05:16 PM
Love yahoo for fantasy sports and a live draft is a must more fun

HeadTrip
07-09-2006, 05:21 PM
I think I've figured out the best way to do this.

However, I'm going to put it up to a vote from you guys.

I think an "offline draft" here would be good because we could do it over a weekend or so and I could enter the results. That way we can talk some smack on picks.

Otherwise we can do the live draft with the auto picks. I'll set up the league by Tuesday or so.

Couple questions for everyone to answer, seriously.

1. Offline draft or live draft with auto pick
2. Defensive players or Defenses?
3. Positions? (QB, RB, RB, WR, WR, TE, K for offense is what I was thinking)
4. Sig bets?

1) Live draft
2) I don't know... I've never done one with defensive players and it sounds cool but I'm good either way
3) I like it
4) I've yet to become a good fantasy player, but I'm always down for some betting :).

TJ21
07-09-2006, 06:46 PM
Some explain to me how its determined who picks when... and such.

LTfan4life
07-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Some explain to me how its determined who picks when... and such.

With Yahoo, the Comissioner can either set it to a specific order, or it can be randomly selected before the draft.

WaywardCharger
07-09-2006, 07:48 PM
No problemo. Just make a pre draft ranking list so you get the players you want if they're available at that slot. Hopefully most of the people can make it though.

That is why I suggest NFL over Yahoo.

On Yahoo, you simply rank your players, and get the top one on your list, which could end up giving you all Wr's or RB's or QB's or worst......... Yuck..

NFL.com, allows you to pre-rank each position, and to choose a picking order by position. That way you get the best player on your list from that position when you want it.

See why I prefer it if it has to be a live draft?

As for playing rosters:

I prefer:

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR/TE
WR/RB
K
DEF

This allows for flexible lines depending on opponents. You can have 4 WR's, 1 RB and 1 TE one weekend, and 3 WR's, 2 TE's and a RB the next, and 2 WR's, 2 RB's and 2 TE's the next. This allows you more flexibility to make your line up depending on who your players are facing.

For instance, if your RB was facing San Diego's Defense last season, you would not want to play him, especially if your extra TE was playing San Francisco the same weekend.

WC

rammerjammer
07-09-2006, 07:49 PM
good luck boys.. happy fantasy

Boys? May the best woman win.:Beer:

TJ21
07-09-2006, 07:55 PM
Boys? May the best woman win.:Beer:

And if by woman you mean man and if by man you mean Tahir, then I agree. :)

rammerjammer
07-09-2006, 08:06 PM
And if by woman you mean man and if by man you mean Tahir, then I agree. :)

Yes, woman does equal Tahirjon in my mind ...

Podium
07-09-2006, 08:17 PM
That is why I suggest NFL over Yahoo.

On Yahoo, you simply rank your players, and get the top one on your list, which could end up giving you all Wr's or RB's or QB's or worst......... Yuck..

NFL.com, allows you to pre-rank each position, and to choose a picking order by position. That way you get the best player on your list from that position when you want it.

See why I prefer it if it has to be a live draft?

As for playing rosters:

I prefer:

QB
RB
WR
WR
TE
WR/TE
WR/RB
K
DEF

This allows for flexible lines depending on opponents. You can have 4 WR's, 1 RB and 1 TE one weekend, and 3 WR's, 2 TE's and a RB the next, and 2 WR's, 2 RB's and 2 TE's the next. This allows you more flexibility to make your line up depending on who your players are facing.

For instance, if your RB was facing San Diego's Defense last season, you would not want to play him, especially if your extra TE was playing San Francisco the same weekend.

WC

Problem with that becomes that we have 16 teams and rosters will run thin.

Well actually that becomes a plus because you'll have to really draft well and work the wire well.

TJ21
07-09-2006, 08:31 PM
Yes, woman does equal Tahirjon in my mind ...

You realize this means war?

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1062/images7ob.jpg

Sanitation Man
07-09-2006, 09:10 PM
With Yahoo, the Comissioner can either set it to a specific order, or it can be randomly selected before the draft.

Podium - please set it to random (most fair) - Live Draft - Auto pick (for those not able to make it).

As for the date, may I recommend a weekend date closer to the actual start of season. This way we'll have a better grasp of players/teams.

If you go on to Yahoo and set it up, it should give you the available dates, then the times associated with those dates. Take a poll to see when we can get the most of us together and TADA...we have liftoff!

Sanitation Man
07-09-2006, 09:18 PM
Hehe I'll try :).

My first fantasy year I didn't make the playoffs, my 2nd I made an early first round exit, and my third year.... We shall see!

Good luck everyone! :Bolt:

HT - I'm guessing everything works in cycles, so please see what happened the first year you played...:D

Podium
07-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Yeah, when do you guys want to have the draft?

I think middle of August-ish would be good, but let me know what you guys think is best. Actually give me weekends you'll be available for it.

TJ21
07-09-2006, 10:33 PM
Yeah, when do you guys want to have the draft?

I think middle of August-ish would be good, but let me know what you guys think is best. Actually give me weekends you'll be available for it.

Can we make it for late at night? Around 10-ish, your time.

Podium
07-09-2006, 10:38 PM
Can we make it for late at night? Around 10-ish, your time.

That's fine with me (on a weekend right?) just up to the rest of these guys.

TJ21
07-09-2006, 11:11 PM
Yup, any day is fine with me, as long as its later in the evening. Hope that's not an inconvenience for anyone... :-/

Sanitation Man
07-09-2006, 11:12 PM

I'm good with that time as long as it's either a Friday or Saturday. The more advance I have of the date, the more time I have to warn my wife. ;)

How about the weekend of the 25th of August, that way 2-3 pre-season games are under the belt and we can feel out the injuries?

EDIT: Make sure to make the playoffs END (final) on week 16. Otherwise, having it on week 17 will screw up all the rosters with teams resting their stars.

Podium
07-10-2006, 12:26 AM
I'm good with that time as long as it's either a Friday or Saturday. The more advance I have of the date, the more time I have to warn my wife. ;)

How about the weekend of the 25th of August, that way 2-3 pre-season games are under the belt and we can feel out the injuries?

EDIT: Make sure to make the playoffs END (final) on week 16. Otherwise, having it on week 17 will screw up all the rosters with teams resting their stars.

Yeah, I plan on making the last week, week 16.

Podium
07-10-2006, 12:27 AM
Yup, any day is fine with me, as long as its later in the evening. Hope that's not an inconvenience for anyone... :-/

If it is we'll just kick you out.:D

Podium
07-10-2006, 12:51 AM
The league is setup but I didn't want to post it here in case someone joined overnight haha.

TJ21
07-10-2006, 12:52 AM
Sweet. Works for me.

EDIT: Haha, I already saw the details. Did you delete them just now? Are we in the same thread at the same exact time? Crazy! :crazy: :D

Podium
07-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Are you stalking me Tahir?

League ID#: 173130 League Name: CMB Fantasy Challenge Password: lombardi

Yahoo!

If someone joins who isn't in the league, I'll just ban them.

TJ21
07-10-2006, 12:57 AM

Look out the window.

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:00 AM
Look out the window.

(this section reserved for a witty response to come at a later time)

:D

TJ21
07-10-2006, 01:05 AM
Registered. Everyone should run the "live draft compatibility test". I ran it and it failed, I adjusted some settings (java) and now its works. So there are no problems.

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:07 AM
Whoo! Week 1, Pickled Peppers vs. TahirJon

TJ21
07-10-2006, 01:08 AM
Whoo! Week 1, Pickled Peppers vs. TahirJon
Oh it's on. It's on like Donkey Kong.

LTfan4life
07-10-2006, 01:22 AM

League ID#: 173130 League Name: CMB Fantasy Challenge Password: lombardi

Yahoo!

If someone joins who isn't in the league, I'll just ban them.
I get this :confused:

There was a problem

There was a temporary problem with the server. Please try again shortly. (Error #115)
The password is incorrect. (Error #109)
The league is not in pre-draft mode. (Error #209)

I go to:

http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

Then join new league, join/accept invitation to custom league

put in the league ID, password

Hamburglar
07-10-2006, 01:54 AM
sweet im joined up! You guys ready to get PWNT!:D

LTfan4life
07-10-2006, 02:05 AM
I outsmarted the computer :)

I'm in.

LTfan4life
07-10-2006, 02:29 AM
How many bench players are we gonna have? Considering bye weeks, injuries, etc.

5 Bench
1 backup kicker
1 backup defense

:confused:

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 07:22 AM
You realize this means war?

http://img48.imageshack.us/img48/1062/images7ob.jpg

Cat fight, eh?

Sirbob
07-10-2006, 09:32 AM
What's the draft order?

TJ21
07-10-2006, 10:24 AM
Cat fight, eh?

You bring the Jello.

What's the draft order?

I guess it'll be determined as soon as everyone is registered.

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 10:33 AM
I'm registered. I dont know about the draft on a Friday night, but I'll try to be there.

WaywardCharger
07-10-2006, 10:51 AM
Damn..... Yahoo? Why? I will have to decline because of this, since I do not want to have to risk not being available for the live draft, and then having auto-draft select me a team of 7 RB's, 4 Def's, 3 K, 1 WR, 1 QB and No TE. :mad:

If you went to NFL.com, I would be willing to risk getting the auto draft selection, since at least I would be able to ensure the best available for all my positions were selected. :D

WC

HeadTrip
07-10-2006, 11:55 AM
Sirbobpwnedu vs HeadTrippin' in round 1. :eek:

Please don't hurt me. ;)

LTfan4life
07-10-2006, 12:10 PM
Damn..... Yahoo? Why? I will have to decline because of this, since I do not want to have to risk not being available for the live draft, and then having auto-draft select me a team of 7 RB's, 4 Def's, 3 K, 1 WR, 1 QB and No TE. :mad:

If you went to NFL.com, I would be willing to risk getting the auto draft selection, since at least I would be able to ensure the best available for all my positions were selected. :D

WC

Just pre rank your players

Stone
07-10-2006, 12:19 PM
He's afraid that his pre-rankings will leave him with an unbalanced roster because it doesn't care what you already have, just who's ranked where.

It's a valid argument...but I'm still going to sleep well tonight.

TJ21
07-10-2006, 12:29 PM
He's afraid that his pre-rankings will leave him with an unbalanced roster because it doesn't care what you already have, just who's ranked where.

Hahaha. :D

Stone
07-10-2006, 12:32 PM
Well, you never sleep, so I guess you'll NEVER understand how I feel!

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 12:43 PM
Well I just got confirmation that I will not be available for the live draft. Hubby just reminded me we have tickets to the Braves game that night in the ATL. I think this is a conspiracy to keep the woman down.

Stone
07-10-2006, 12:57 PM
We can still move the live draft if everyone has a problem. Well, if Podium decides its moveable.

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 01:01 PM
Well I dont want to be difficult so if that is the best time for everyone else, then I will just make do. No bid deal.

WaywardCharger
07-10-2006, 01:05 PM

Through testing at ESPN.com, I can guarantee that you will get an unbalanced roster 99% of the time if you use autodraft and the others use Live. On of my test drafts gave me NINE RB's and NO QB! :crazy:

How would you like to have to select your teams QB from the free agency list of a 12 team draft.... Especially when the other 11 teams drafted two QB's each.

YotF

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:06 PM
To address some things:

Sirbob - draft order is random and decided by Yahoo 30 minutes before the draft, unless you guys want to decide draft order some other way.

WC- The Pre-ranking is probably your best option, or entrusting someone else to handle the draft for you.

RJ- The live draft can be moved, that was the only date suggested, so I just put that up when I was registering our league.

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 01:20 PM
Whether to move it is up to the group, or you can make an executive decision. I do know that I will be unavailable that night, but if it is best for everyone else than just ignore me.

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:26 PM
Whether to move it is up to the group, or you can make an executive decision. I do know that I will be unavailable that night, but if it is best for everyone else than just ignore me.

I'm still waiting on word from everybody on what days will be best for them.

ATTENTION ALL YOU PEOPLE!

Post the days that are best for you (top 3 days, and time slots).

We know that we want it on a weekend, and after the middle of August, and later in the day (ie nighttime).

So post your availabilities as far as you know them today.

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:28 PM
And if you're registered, let me know.

Especially if your team name and e-mail is different than your screenname here.

If I don't know who you are, I'll kick you out.

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 01:31 PM
Well, assuming we are drafting before the first week of the regular season, there are really only three weekend available, that I can see: Aug 18 and 19, Aug 25 and 25, or Sept 1 and 2. I can personally do either 1) Sept 1, 2) Sept 2, or 3) Aug 18. I would prefer 10 p.m. Central or later.

I have never participated in a live draft before. Approximately how much time does it take?

WaywardCharger
07-10-2006, 01:34 PM
WC- The Pre-ranking is probably your best option, or entrusting someone else to handle the draft for you.

Sorry to hear that... I always pre-rank my selections, since I usually play in auto draft leagues due to work requirements. However, having an autodraft when the rest get a live draft will definately put me at a severe disadvantage...especially if I get a unbalanced team. :eek:

As I have stated before, I would not have a problem with this, if it was at NFL.COM, since their auto draft system is MUCH BETTER. Since it is Yahoo, and Live, which I will most likely not be able to make, I will have to decline the offer to join the league. :(

Hopefully you can find another who is dedicated and willing to take the opening. I am sure you will. :Cheers:

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Well, assuming we are drafting before the first week of the regular season, there are really only three weekend available, that I can see: Aug 18 and 19, Aug 25 and 25, or Sept 1 and 2. I can personally do either 1) Sept 1, 2) Sept 2, or 3) Aug 18. I would prefer 10 p.m. Central or later.

I have never participated in a live draft before. Approximately how much time does it take?
I think 2 hours MAX for a 16 team league.

Podium
07-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Sorry to hear that... I always pre-rank my selections, since I usually play in auto draft leagues due to work requirements. However, having an autodraft when the rest get a live draft will definately put me at a severe disadvantage...especially if I get a unbalanced team. :eek:

As I have stated before, I would not have a problem with this, if it was at NFL.COM, since their auto draft system is MUCH BETTER. Since it is Yahoo, and Live, which I will most likely not be able to make, I will have to decline the offer to join the league. :(

Hopefully you can find another who is dedicated and willing to take the opening. I am sure you will. :Cheers:

Sorry to hear that though, no worries, I have a wait list.:D

PM me though if you're sure you're going to drop out.

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 01:42 PM
I think 2 hours MAX for a 16 team league.

Then, yeah, 10 p.m. central time or later would be fine for me. I should be able to adjust my very busy schedule to give you guys 2 hours of my time. :D

Stone
07-10-2006, 02:12 PM
I can't really tell you when I'l be available past August 19th, as that's my move-in date and the start of my new San Diego life.

I'll just take my chances, I guess.

Pot Roast
07-10-2006, 04:25 PM
To address some things:

Sirbob - draft order is random and decided by Yahoo 30 minutes before the draft, unless you guys want to decide draft order some other way.

RJ- The live draft can be moved, that was the only date suggested, so I just put that up when I was registering our league.

how about picking #s between 1 and however many players we have? :D

TJ21
07-10-2006, 04:49 PM
Well, you never sleep, so I guess you'll NEVER understand how I feel!

That's true. :p

Podium,
I'm pretty much available everyday as long as it's in the evening. July 31st - August 4th are the only days I won't be around at all. But if those days suit everyone better, then I'll just let the autodraft choose for me. No biggie. And I don't want to be an inconvenience either, if you guys want to schedule the draft for earlier, that's fine, I'm cool with the autodraft.

LTfan4life
07-10-2006, 05:45 PM
Draft tonight :)

TJ21
07-10-2006, 06:22 PM
Draft tonight :)
I'm all for that. :Beer:

HeadTrip
07-10-2006, 07:24 PM
I'm up for the draft any time that's good for everyone else. If we can't all agree on a time maybe we could go back to Podium's original idea and maybe find a way to draft on the boards or maybe just autodraft all. I would much rather live draft, but I don't want anyone to be at a distinct disadvantage.

Also, if you can't make the draft maybe u should prerank your players and entrust someone to draft for you based on that.

rammerjammer
07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Sure, I figure I can trust at least one of you to draft for me if I can't make it.

HeadTrip
07-10-2006, 08:01 PM
Sure, I figure I can trust at least one of you to draft for me if I can't make it.

Not me :D.

Actually I'd be glad to do it if you needed me to. If I were you I'd ask a rl friend to do it for you though, since he won't be persuaded if any tough decisions need to be made. :)

WaywardCharger
07-10-2006, 08:29 PM
I'm up for the draft any time that's good for everyone else. If we can't all agree on a time maybe we could go back to Podium's original idea and maybe find a way to draft on the boards or maybe just autodraft all. I would much rather live draft, but I don't want anyone to be at a distinct disadvantage.

Also, if you can't make the draft maybe u should prerank your players and entrust someone to draft for you based on that.

Not an issue anymore with me. I have withdrawn from the league.

I would love to entrust someone else to do my draft for me, but not sure someone who would be competing against me would be completely impartial. "Honest, priest Holmes was the Best Running Back available at the time, and you only had 6 already... " :D

As for having a friend do the draft... What is that? You obviously did not spend 20 years travelling around the world in the Military, then move to rural South Carolina, where the ONLY Football that counts is Clemson or USC (Not Southern Cal.), and the only other "Sports" that matter are Fishing, Hunting, Mud Bogging and NASCAR. My few friends are fishing companions, and I don't know if they are exactly Computer Operations Qualified!

I always have Marines..but they move so often you only make acquaintences...well.... What I get for moving to a town that is Military and Retirees only. :eek:

But the fishin is good, and I always have the Internet for my ff fix.

WC

Sanitation Man
07-10-2006, 08:52 PM

I'll do it...I'll do it. ;)

Honestly, I'll tell you right now that I would hose you beyond the point of recognition. :p

As for the 25th, that works out perfect for me but then again I'm all for conveniencing everyone so we can get maximum participation. :D

HeadTrip
07-10-2006, 09:24 PM
Not an issue anymore with me. I have withdrawn from the league.

I would love to entrust someone else to do my draft for me, but not sure someone who would be competing against me would be completely impartial. "Honest, priest Holmes was the Best Running Back available at the time, and you only had 6 already... " :D

As for having a friend do the draft... What is that? You obviously did not spend 20 years travelling around the world in the Military, then move to rural South Carolina, where the ONLY Football that counts is Clemson or USC (Not Southern Cal.), and the only other "Sports" that matter are Fishing, Hunting, Mud Bogging and NASCAR. My few friends are fishing companions, and I don't know if they are exactly Computer Operations Qualified!

I always have Marines..but they move so often you only make acquaintences...well.... What I get for moving to a town that is Military and Retirees only. :eek:

But the fishin is good, and I always have the Internet for my ff fix.

WC

If you want you can start ur own league and invite certain people here that you like. Since you would be in charge of the league you could set your own date and everything while still getting to play with Bolt fans. I'd join if you did that, as I'm planning on doing a 2nd league anyway.

Podium
07-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Who is everyday Lightning?

rammerjammer
07-11-2006, 08:39 AM
I could probably convince a "real friend" to do my draft for me if it was not going to be on a weekend night. Our weekends are sacred around here, so it would probably not work out. I can do the automated thing if that is best. I am sure I'll have my laptop in the ATL, but the game starts at 7:30 eastern time and we all know how long baseball games last. I just doubt I would be back to our hotel room in time to log on and get the draft done, and no offense, but we would probably rather go out after the game anyway.

Having one of yall do it is probably better or at least equally as bad as having the computer automatically draft for me. I honestly don't care. I'm not going to drop out of the league over it or anything like that.

Stone
07-11-2006, 09:16 AM
Who is everyday Lightning?
Some *******.

WaywardCharger
07-11-2006, 11:54 AM
If you want you can start ur own league and invite certain people here that you like. Since you would be in charge of the league you could set your own date and everything while still getting to play with Bolt fans. I'd join if you did that, as I'm planning on doing a 2nd league anyway.

I already did, and it is full...

I was contemplating having TWO Separate Leagues (12-16 teams each, exact same settings for rosters and scoring), that would have championship games weeks 13-15 (Only 4 best teams in playoffs), and on the 16th week, we would have a "Super Bowl" between the two league champions (Possibly having some of the same players, since they would be separate leagues)...

Unfortunately, at the time, not enough interest (Last Month), and my league has already drafted.

My players also chise to have Team Def, though I would have preferred the concept league have Individual Defensive Players. Would also love it to be a Keeper League..... Hmmm... Maybe next year...

WC

loweezy
07-11-2006, 02:22 PM
is it full? i was supposed to be wayward's replacement according to podium.

loweezy
07-11-2006, 02:30 PM
ok. nm.. i'm in. :)

SuperMatt
07-11-2006, 02:39 PM
I'm in too! :Bolt: :D

Podium
07-11-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm in too! :Bolt: :D

...and now you're out.

Podium
07-11-2006, 03:28 PM
Still only 3 members need to register.

Stone – Everyday Lightning
LTfan4Life –LTFan
Bolts4ever21
Sanitation Man –Sanitation Man
Tahirjon - TahirJon
Podium – Pickled Peppers
Hamburglar -Hamburglar
Rammerjammer –Rammer’s Jammers
Headtrip – Headtrippin’
Tomlinson21
Loweezy - Loweezy
Dkatz7 –Marshall Applewhite
Yonas - Ballinboyz
LT LT LT
Pot Roast – Hershey Highway Star
SirBob –Sirbobpwnedu

Bolts4ever21, Tomlinson21, and LT LT LT.

We still have at least a month till we draft, so we're in no hurry to boot people for not registering.

Podium
07-11-2006, 04:18 PM
LT LT LT has now registered.

Only Bolts4ever21 and Tomlinson21 have yet to register.

Podium
07-11-2006, 04:27 PM
Bolts4ever21 is now registered, Yay Area Edition.

LTfan4life
07-11-2006, 04:39 PM
1 more... Tomlinson21

http://www.nflfans.com/x/images/smilies/banana.gifhttp://www.nflfans.com/x/images/smilies/banana.gifhttp://www.nflfans.com/x/images/smilies/banana.gifhttp://www.nflfans.com/x/images/smilies/banana.gif

Tomlinson21
07-11-2006, 09:30 PM
Still only 3 members need to register.

Stone – Everyday Lightning
LTfan4Life –LTFan
Bolts4ever21
Sanitation Man –Sanitation Man
Tahirjon - TahirJon
Podium – Pickled Peppers
Hamburglar -Hamburglar
Rammerjammer –Rammer’s Jammers
Headtrip – Headtrippin’
Tomlinson21
Loweezy - Loweezy
Dkatz7 –Marshall Applewhite
Yonas - Ballinboyz
LT LT LT
Pot Roast – Hershey Highway Star
SirBob –Sirbobpwnedu

Bolts4ever21, Tomlinson21, and LT LT LT.

We still have at least a month till we draft, so we're in no hurry to boot people for not registering.
Podium...this thread got pretty long since last I checked a few days ago. Please fill me in on how to get to the link (password, etc)... Thread too long to look for.

Tomlinson21
07-11-2006, 09:34 PM
Woops..got a PM from Podium himself...got the info. Thanks...going over there right now.

loweezy
07-12-2006, 12:53 AM
aww... matt didn't make the cut?

it's ok, he woulda brought down the level of play. =x...

SuperMatt
07-12-2006, 12:54 AM
...and now you're out.

Fine. I'll start my own league. With Fantasy Cheerleaders! :Bolt::D

SuperMatt
07-12-2006, 12:56 AM
aww... matt didn't make the cut?

it's ok, he woulda brought down the level of play. =x...

True, 'cause after witnessing my awesomeness, the rest of you guys would just quit by week 6. I'd make y'all look like Donnie Edwards in the hole against the Bus.

loweezy
07-12-2006, 12:59 AM
True, 'cause after witnessing my awesomeness, the rest of you guys would just quit by week 6. I'd make y'all look like Donnie Edwards in the hole against the Bus.

... and just like the bus, you're RETIRED now. =P

SuperMatt
07-12-2006, 01:18 AM
... and just like the bus, you're RETIRED now. =P

Yeah, it gets tiring having to step over your rumpled carcass week in and week out. Time for a change.

:D:Bolt:

Stone
07-12-2006, 09:21 AM
Yeah, you get to make beer commercials.

TJ21
07-12-2006, 11:09 PM
Any news on a date or process?

Podium
07-12-2006, 11:11 PM
Any news on a date or process?

There sure is. I've got a way where I think everyone can be involved (because it was looking like only half of us would've been able to live draft).

I'll post it tomorrow with rules and guidelines, and allow you guys to agree or disagree.

TJ21
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
There sure is. I've got a way where I think everyone can be involved (because it was looking like only half of us would've been able to live draft).

I'll post it tomorrow with rules and guidelines, and allow you guys to agree or disagree.

Sounds good.

loweezy
07-13-2006, 12:49 AM

we can always conduct our own draft, and it can be input by the commissioner... either way... i can make time for these things... this is what i live for... FOOTBALL... lol

Tomlinson21
07-13-2006, 08:34 AM
we can always conduct our own draft, and it can be input by the commissioner... either way... i can make time for these things... this is what i live for... FOOTBALL... lol
That sounds like a good plan...I wonder what Podium thinks about that. :Bolt:

Plus we could use this thread for all things Fantasy related, trash talk, etc. :D

TJ21
07-13-2006, 08:37 AM
That sounds like a good plan...I wonder what Podium thinks about that. :Bolt:

Plus we could use this thread for all things Fantasy related, trash talk, etc. :D

I have a good feeling Podium is thinking along the same lines. :)

Tomlinson21
07-13-2006, 09:18 AM
I have a good feeling Podium is thinking along the same lines. :)
Tahirjon...where are you as far as draft selection? I got the 4th pick I believe in the first round. Not sure if it "snakes out" where every player gets a low, mid and high pick...didn't read the rules yet.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Tahirjon...where are you as far as draft selection? I got the 4th pick I believe in the first round. Not sure if it "snakes out" where every player gets a low, mid and high pick...didn't read the rules yet.

I thought it was randomly selected right before the draft :confused:

TJ21
07-13-2006, 09:25 AM
I thought it was randomly selected right before the draft :confused:

Don't worry. It was still random. Online order generator was used.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Don't worry. It was still random. Online order generator was used.

Where do we find out where we pick? I'm looking for it right now. :confused:

TJ21
07-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Where do we find out where we pick? I'm looking for it right now. :confused:

I don't know. T21, where'd you see it?

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I was thinking it had something to do with the matchups on the main page of our league. I'm 2nd :)

Watch me be 16th just cuz I said that.

TJ21
07-13-2006, 09:52 AM
I was thinking it had something to do with the matchups on the main page of our league. I'm 2nd :)

Watch me be 16th just cuz I said that.

Hahaha. :D

Podium
07-13-2006, 11:34 AM
Ok, here's the short version of how's it going to work. I've got a couple other things to do today before I type up a formal guideline to it, but I'll fill you guys in on some of it.

The draft will be held here on the CMB. There will be 15 rounds, 16 picks per round, totally 230 picks. What we're going to do is split those rounds into 3 or 4 rounds per day hopefully and the draft will take place over a week.

(for any of you involved in SirBob's mockdraft, it'll be similar to that)

I realize that we probably still won't have full turnout so managers who will be unable to make it will have a couple of options.

1. PM me with a list of pre-rankings and positions they want picked, i.e, they would tell me that in the third round they want a QB and give me a list of pre-ranked QB's and I'll take the highest still available and they can also send me an "unless list" where they would say I want a QB in the third round, unless these people are available...

2. Managers may entrust another member of this forum to do their draft, but must PM me first to inform me.

During the draft I will be continually updating the first post with the draft selections and will state who is on the clock, then that person will make their selection, I'll say "approved" and inform the next person on the clock to post their selection.

If the next manager does not make their selection with a time limit (which is still being determined), the next person is on the clock, however once the person signs on, he/she can still make their selection from the remaining pool.

For example, Team A has the 4th pick in the draft. After the 3rd pick is in, Team A has the alotted time to make his/her pick, and if they don't do so, Team B who has the 5th pick may make their selection, then the 6th pick may be made and so on. Once Team A finally signs on, they can still make their pick (the 4th pick) from the remaining players.
(Think Minnesota Vikings in the NFL draft).

The order will be determined by an online random generator and the manager with the 16th pick will have the 17th pick. So the second round will be the reverse order of the 1st round.

As for date, we will bring up that issue in 2 weeks so that people will be sure if they have any commitments and we can go from there. I don't think anyone should plan around this draft, but rather the draft will be planned around the managers.

This isn't going to be a perfect process, but seeing as we have 16 managers with all time zones represented, this is, I think, our best solution.

Any questions, post them here.

yonas
07-13-2006, 12:20 PM
sounds good!!!

TJ21
07-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Sirbob's draft was a hell of a lot fun. This should be the same. :)

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 02:21 PM
I can't wait. Hopefully we draft soon. I. Need. Football. :)

TJ21
07-13-2006, 03:14 PM
I can't wait. Hopefully we draft soon. I. Need. Football. :)

BTW. I was on the board at 3:00 AM last night... where were you? :mad: hypocrite...

:p

loweezy
07-13-2006, 03:56 PM
BTW. I was on the board at 3:00 AM last night... where were you? :mad: hypocrite...

when are you not on the board? =P

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 04:17 PM

I was waiting for someone to post something :D

Podium
07-13-2006, 04:27 PM
Realistically we can have the draft whenever you guys want, doesn't really matter to me. As long as a good amount of members agree.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Realistically we can have the draft whenever you guys want, doesn't really matter to me. As long as a good amount of members agree.

Maybe sometime next week or so?

Podium
07-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Maybe sometime next week or so?

I'll put you in charge of the draft time committe LTFan. If you can get 10 members to agree on a draft time (not necessarily next week, but whenever possible), then we can do it then.

TJ21
07-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey LTFan: How about tonight. I'm bored as hell.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 04:44 PM
I'll put you in charge of the draft time committe LTFan. If you can get 10 members to agree on a draft time (not necessarily next week, but whenever possible), then we can do it then.

Let the PMing begin!

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey LTFan: How about tonight. I'm bored as hell.

Start ranking your players. That would be crazy if everyone wanted to do it tonight.

This comes in handy :)

TJ21
07-13-2006, 04:45 PM
I agree on tonight with myself LTFan. Who's with me?! :p

They're all ranked. I! NEED! FOOTBALL!

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 05:00 PM
I just sent out messages to everyone. Hopefully everyone responds soon.

COPY:

We're trying to get enough of the league members to be on the message board at a specific time. Ideally, we'd like to get everyone on at the same time to have a perfectly run draft. Just send me back a PM as soon as possible stating when you could possibly be on the message board.

For all Fantasy Draft details please click here (http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=1107533&postcount=156)

Stone
07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
If we're talking about the next set of weekdays, then the only bad time for me is Monday night.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 05:17 PM
I'll keep this updated with the PMs:

Podium: Open, preferably weekday mornings
Tahirjon:Open, preferably not weekday afternoons
LTfan: Open
Stone: Open, preferably not Monday night (July 17)
Yonas: Open, preferably afternoon on weekends
DKatz7: Open, preferably not late night. Available late night depending on draft order.
Loweezy: during the week, preferably in the day
rammerjammer: preferably during the week
Pot Roast: Open, not available Saturday, July 15
Sanitation Man: Open evenings after Tuesday, July 18th

Hamburglar:
Bolts4ever21:
HeadTrip:
Tomlinson21:
LT LT LT:
Sir Bob:

TJ21
07-13-2006, 05:18 PM

Stone: Open, preferably not Monday nights

Great job LTFan, thanks a bunch. And like I said, as long as I have even a days notice, there should be no problem no matter what time its at.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 05:23 PM
Great job LTFan, thanks a bunch. And like I said, as long as I have even a days notice, there should be no problem no matter what time its at.

No problemo. Just send me a message if something comes up. :Bolt:

Podium
07-13-2006, 05:35 PM
Loweezy replaced Wayward Charger

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 06:10 PM
Loweezy replaced Wayward Charger

http://daverattigan.typepad.com/the_grace_pages/images/doh.gif

I sent Loweezy his PM. :Bolt:

Stone
07-13-2006, 07:18 PM
Looks like we're spread across the board...

Podium
07-13-2006, 07:21 PM

but it looks like most people can make time for it.

Pot Roast
07-13-2006, 08:03 PM
i can do pretty much any time, not this sat night though....

Sanitation Man
07-13-2006, 08:45 PM

Stone - your sig had me in stitches!!! I watched Chappelle last week and that was clearly the funniest skit. :D

Sanitation Man
07-13-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm on vacation through this Tueday. So, anytime after then.

Word.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 09:33 PM

DKatz7: Open, preferably not late night. Available late night depending on draft order.
rammerjammer: open July 17-19
HeadTrip: Open
LT LT LT: monday tuesday or friday evening after 5 pm. evenings and weekends are best and evening after 8:30 would work best.
Sir Bob: 7PM-12AM Saturdays

Hamburglar:
Bolts4ever21:
Tomlinson21:

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 09:35 PM
A few people have suggested waiting until Training Camp or Pre-Season to do the draft in order to avoid the early injuries, etc.

Sloganizer- LTfan is a female force http://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default/shake.gif

Podium
07-13-2006, 09:47 PM
I like Training camp, but I kind of think we should do it before pre-season. One of the aspects of this game is the luck of the draw and injuries are injuries IMO. Just my 2 cents.

Stone
07-13-2006, 10:00 PM
Looks like mornings are our calling card...

Also, SM, if you liked the Tupac one, I can almost promise the upcoming "fairy" one will be just as good. Trust me.

LTfan4life
07-13-2006, 10:04 PM
Looks like mornings are our calling card...

Also, SM, if you liked the Tupac one, I can almost promise the upcoming "fairy" one will be just as good. Trust me.

Tupac. G.O.A.T.

LTfan4life
07-14-2006, 09:00 AM
Yeesh. Right now, it seems like Tuesday is our best bet after looking at people's schedules so far. We'll see soon...

Yonas: Open, preferably afternoon on weekends, (not Tuesday July 18)
LT LT LT: monday tuesday or friday evening after 5 pm. evenings and weekends are best and evening after 8:30 would work best.
Tomlinson21: preferably tuesdays during the day

Hamburglar:
Bolts4ever21:

Tomlinson21
07-14-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeesh. Right now, it seems like Tuesday is our best bet after looking at people's schedules so far. We'll see soon...

Hamburglar:
Bolts4ever21:
Tomlinson21:
Tuesday next week is fine with me....between 7-3:30 preferrably. Every Tuesday during the day sounds good to me.

Sirbob
07-14-2006, 10:37 PM
let me know

yonas
07-15-2006, 11:10 AM
Actually Tuesday of next week isn't good for me!

LTfan4life
07-15-2006, 11:16 AM
Only two members to go. Right now, it looks as if some time in the morning would be best.

open = on the MB (very) frequently

Hamburglar:
Bolts4ever21:

Podium
07-15-2006, 12:44 PM
Ok thanks LTfan. Remember that we're not going to have a time where everyone's available, but you should choose a time that accomodates the most people.

LTfan4life
07-15-2006, 12:55 PM
Ok thanks LTfan. Remember that we're not going to have a time where everyone's available, but you should choose a time that accomodates the most people.
Yep. Just waiting to hear word from Hamburglar and Bolts4ever21

Podium
07-15-2006, 01:01 PM
Yep. Just waiting to hear word from Hamburglar and Bolts4ever21

I'm gonna run the sequence in a while so I'll post the draft order later on.

We'll be using www.random.org

I've assigned everyone a number

1.Stone – Everyday Lightning
2.LTfan4Life –LTFan
3.Bolts4ever21
4.Sanitation Man –Sanitation Man
5.Tahirjon - TahirJon
6.Podium – Pickled Peppers
7.Hamburglar -Hamburglar
8.Rammerjammer –Rammer’s Jammers
9.Headtrip – Headtrippin’
10.Tomlinson21
11.Loweezy - Loweezy
12.Dkatz7 –Marshall Applewhite
13.Yonas - Ballinboyz
14.LT LT LT
15.Pot Roast – Hershey Highway Star
16.SirBob –Sirbobpwnedu

I'll generate a random order from www.random.org 1-16 and that'll be our draft order.

Podium
07-15-2006, 01:05 PM
Here's the draft order, thanks to Tahir for the site.

Bolts4ever21
Pot Roast
Sanitation Man
Tomlinson21
Yonas
Stone
TahirJon
Podium
DKatz7
RammerJammer
LTFan4Life
LT LT LT
Loweezy
SirBob
Hamburglar
HeadTrip

Podium
07-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Round 2 will be the reverse order of round 1

LTfan4life
07-15-2006, 01:19 PM
Gah! 11?! :(

LTfan4life
07-15-2006, 01:59 PM
Too bad it isn't a keeper league.

loweezy
07-15-2006, 04:57 PM
Gah! 11?! :(

lucky # 13 for me. it'll have to do. =P

TJ21
07-15-2006, 05:14 PM
Think of this way fellas: you guys will have first dibs on the good QB's in round 2. :Beer:

So we doing this this Tuesday? The 18th?

LTfan4life
07-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Think of this way fellas: you guys will have first dibs on the good QB's in round 2. :Beer:

So we doing this this Tuesday? The 18th?
If I don't get a message from Hamburglar and Bolts4ever21 by noon tomorrow, I'll send out PMs to everyone to set up the draft...which looks like it'll be around noon Tuesday, July 18.

open = on the MB (very) frequently

Hamburglar:
Bolts4ever21:

Pot Roast
07-15-2006, 06:02 PM
nice work :)

18th looks like its gonna do just fine.

TJ21
07-15-2006, 06:05 PM
Thanks LTFan! 18th sounds great.

Sirbob
07-15-2006, 07:02 PM
ok its on... what time?

LTfan4life
07-15-2006, 09:30 PM
ATTENTON: The CMB Fantasy Challenge draft will be held at 9:30 AM PST Tuesday, July 18 in the 'Fantasy Football' forum.

Podium
07-15-2006, 09:42 PM
If anyone doesn't feel they can make it, PM me and we can talk about your draft options.

yonas
07-15-2006, 10:05 PM
I'll see if i can make it on tuesday!

If not i will PM podium

Tomlinson21
07-16-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm there...

So it'll be a Live Draft but we'll be doing it forum style, correct?

Podium
07-16-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm there...

So it'll be a Live Draft but we'll be doing it forum style, correct?

Yeah, that's right.

BTW: Nice Sig:D Too bad the predator is looking to transfer.

Tomlinson21
07-16-2006, 12:37 PM
Yeah, that's right.

BTW: Nice Sig:D Too bad the predator is looking to transfer.
I think that's Williams isn't it...I think it's a lack of playing time because he has to take a back seat.

From what I've been reading on this situation, Coker told one audience he considered moving Beason to another linebacker position -- which would have created more playing time for Williams, but I understand his defensive coaches convinced him not to do that because Beason was so productive last season. Sophomore Spencer Adkins would be Beason's top backup if Williams leaves.

Podium
07-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I think that's Williams isn't it...I think it's a lack of playing time because he has to take a back seat.

From what I've been reading on this situation, Coker told one audience he considered moving Beason to another linebacker position -- which would have created more playing time for Williams, but I understand his defensive coaches convinced him not to do that because Beason was so productive last season. Sophomore Spencer Adkins would be Beason's top backup if Williams leaves.

Randy Shannon is probably the best Defensive Coordinator in College Football IMO. Williams had a stomach virus or something to that effect early in spring ball and couldn't even practice cause he couldn't eat or keep anything down.

That defense is going to be a top ranked defense come this season, but the offense won't be able to keep up.

Podium
07-16-2006, 01:23 PM
On Tuesday morning, make sure to post in the draft thread (that I'll make that morning) to let everyone know that you're there.

rammerjammer
07-16-2006, 01:43 PM
On Tuesday morning, make sure to post in the draft thread (that I'll make that morning) to let everyone know that you're there.

Can do. :Beer:

TJ21
07-16-2006, 01:55 PM

Got it. :Beer:

How long does each member have to make their pick?

HeadTrip
07-16-2006, 02:07 PM
This is going to be one confusing mess.

Podium
07-16-2006, 03:15 PM
Got it. :Beer:

How long does each member have to make their pick?

If they're "checked in" then they're going to get 10 minutes max. If someone whose checked in says that they have to leave, they'll just send me some pre-rankings before they leave and I'll make their next pick.

If someone doesn't check in, I'm just going to use Yahoo's standard pre-rankings to determine their pick.

Podium
07-16-2006, 03:16 PM

That's the spirit:rolleyes:

Feel free to organize if you can make it less "confusing"

HeadTrip
07-16-2006, 03:41 PM
That's the spirit:rolleyes:

Feel free to organize if you can make it less "confusing"

Sorry, I didn't mean to piss you off.

I just think the best orginazational tool we could have used was Yahoo. It's just very handy to have all the prerankings right on the draft site, and it makes for less clutter. It also makes it "official, which I find rather comforting.

I guess it's really just a matter of convinience though, so I'll stop raining on the parade ;).

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 03:59 PM

one way you can minimize the mess is a bib and shower cap. this one chick I know used to do that :)

TJ21
07-16-2006, 04:45 PM
If they're "checked in" then they're going to get 10 minutes max. If someone whose checked in says that they have to leave, they'll just send me some pre-rankings before they leave and I'll make their next pick.

If someone doesn't check in, I'm just going to use Yahoo's standard pre-rankings to determine their pick.

Good, I don't want to wait for someone if they don't check in. It'll be fun.

Podium
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
Good, I don't want to wait for someone if they don't check in. It'll be fun.

I'll post the Yahoo! Pre-rankings prior to the draft as well. If someone isn't checked in before their pick, their pick automatically becomes the next player on Yahoo!'s pre-ranking.

So techinically if people don't show up, it'll move along pretty fast.

Podium
07-16-2006, 06:07 PM
FYI: Be prepared to do all 15 rounds! I'm not saying we'll get it all done, but if we have time we will.

TJ21
07-16-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm ready. I have my pre-rankings and my own list.

Tomlinson21
07-16-2006, 07:06 PM
Just remember:
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

And a make shift draft board! LOL!

Podium
07-16-2006, 07:10 PM
I'm ready. I have my pre-rankings and my own list.

Do you want a prize or something?

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 07:10 PM
Just remember:
Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, RB, TE, W/R, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN

And a make shift draft board! LOL!

This absolutely makes no sense to me. but whatever. Im not in it "for the game" as much as I am in it for the laughs..

LTfan4life
07-16-2006, 07:12 PM
This absolutely makes no sense to me. but whatever. Im not in it "for the game" as much as I am in it for the laughs..

Haha...just make sure you draft those positions. W/R can be a WR or a RB at that position.

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 07:15 PM
what is BN?

Podium
07-16-2006, 07:18 PM
what is BN?

Bench

Just remember that you start 1 QB, 2 WR, 1 RB, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 Defense and a choice of either a RB or WR.

Then you have 7 bench spots for depth.

TJ21
07-16-2006, 07:18 PM
Do you want a prize or something?

http://www.websmileys.com/sm/mad/1003.gif

Last year Josh McCown was a real sleeper BN pick... look out for those kinds of guys.

Podium
07-16-2006, 07:22 PM
http://www.websmileys.com/sm/mad/1003.gif

Last year Josh McCown was a real sleeper BN pick... look out for those kinds of guys.

I will have you all know that I was undefeated last year (14-0-1) in the regular season on my way to winning the championship. Of course I had a bunch of breakout year guys though.

Carson Palmer (Round 7)
Larry Johnson (off waivers 2 weeks before he got his first start)
Carnell Williams (undrafted)
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Gates
Feely
TB and CAR defense

TJ21
07-16-2006, 07:24 PM
In another league I have Palmer, and Johnson... so I'm looking forward to a good year. :)

Podium
07-16-2006, 07:26 PM
In another league I have Palmer, and Johnson... so I'm looking forward to a good year. :)

Tsk tsk tsk, bad picks this year hombre. Rudi Johnson is going to be the best one on that offense.

Tomlinson21
07-16-2006, 07:40 PM
hey now...let's not show all our cards just yet...remember the AJ Smith Approach....:D

But then again...keep em coming because I'm taking notes. :Cheers:

LTfan4life
07-16-2006, 07:42 PM
Are we still doing the sig bets? :D

Tomlinson21
07-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Are we still doing the sig bets? :D
that would be cool...maybe the winner could get like the first "Podium Sig Award 2k.."

Podium
07-16-2006, 09:20 PM
For sig bets, this is how it works.

If you lose a week, you have to wear a sig that will be pre-made that says "I got owned by (whoever beat you)" from Tuesday till Saturday.

That cool?

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 09:40 PM

If you lose a week, you have to wear a sig that will be pre-made that says "I got owned by (whoever beat you)" from Tuesday till Saturday.

That cool?
yeah , thats cool :)

LTfan4life
07-16-2006, 09:53 PM

That cool?

Awesome. :)

TJ21
07-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Tsk tsk tsk, bad picks this year hombre. Rudi Johnson is going to be the best one on that offense.

I meant Larry Johnson.

Here, you all might as well start wearing them now. http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6923/untitled1oq4.gif

Podium
07-16-2006, 09:55 PM
I meant Larry Johnson.

I have a feeling he doesn't live up to the billing, and Palmer's going to be a good QB after a while, but not right away.

So people... don't draft him.:D

TJ21
07-16-2006, 09:56 PM
I have a feeling he doesn't live up to the billing, and Palmer's going to be a good QB after a while, but not right away.

So people... don't draft him.:D

Like I said Podium. You might as well wear it now. You're going D.O.W.N.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6923/untitled1oq4.gif

Podium
07-16-2006, 09:58 PM
HAHAH I forgot that the Pickled Peppers are facing TahirJon (what a boring name) week 1.

It's on like... my TV.

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 10:02 PM
yeah : Tahir, whats up with that!?
We expect better out of you.

granted, Pickled peckers is no great shakes, but still it showed an inkling of effort.... Lazy bum! :D

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 10:04 PM
Like I said Podium. You might as well wear it now. You're going D.O.W.N.

http://img53.imageshack.us/img53/6923/untitled1oq4.gif

Can you make a sig for Heady for me ? I would like a carrot a couple of Onions, maybe some potatoes wrapped around the name POT ROAST

HAHAHAHAHAHAH

And if for some odd reason I lose, I think my sig should have a dripping effect :)

TJ21
07-16-2006, 10:08 PM
And if for some odd reason I lose, I think my sig should have a dripping effect :)

Should I be concerned that such an odd request from you doesn't surprise me? :D

As for my username: It's an acronym... merely coincidence that it matches my username here. Don't ask me what it stands for though... the shock of it may kill you.

Pot Roast
07-16-2006, 10:59 PM
Should I be concerned that such an odd request from you doesn't surprise me? :D

As for my username: It's an acronym... merely coincidence that it matches my username here. Don't ask me what it stands for though... the shock of it may kill you.

shouldnt surprise you.

And Oh, how mysterious of you! HAHAHAHA

loweezy
07-17-2006, 11:36 AM
I will have you all know that I was undefeated last year (14-0-1) in the regular season on my way to winning the championship. Of course I had a bunch of breakout year guys though.

Carson Palmer (Round 7)
Larry Johnson (off waivers 2 weeks before he got his first start)
Carnell Williams (undrafted)
Steve Smith
Chad Johnson
Gates
Feely
TB and CAR defense

i had shaun alexander, lt, palmer, randy moss, kmac and still lost! :(

Podium
07-17-2006, 11:36 AM
i had shaun alexander, lt, palmer, randy moss, kmac and still lost! :(

that's cause Moss bombed.

I had Moss and Jamal Lewis as two of my top 3 picks in one league