PDA

View Full Version : Eddie Kennison holding out...Chargers next?

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 08:51 AM
Eddie Kennison waits right before camp to try and hold the Chiefs ransom for more money. He's talking holdout.

So if you think about it....that's 3 of 4 AFC West teams with a WR giving grief to management.

Jerry Porter, Ashley Lelie, & now Eddie Kennison

All we need is a Charger receiver to complete the cycle.....:D

So how bout it?.....;)

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15131057.htm

StLBoltboy
07-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Don't give VJ any ideas. After all he is "burning" Cro in TC :rolleyes:

RAWDOGG
07-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Eddie Kennison waits right before camp to try and hold the Chiefs ransom for more money. He's talking holdout.

So if you think about it....that's 3 of 4 AFC West teams with a WR giving grief to management.

So how bout it?.....;)

http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/15131057.htm

That's the difference between the CHargers and the other scum in the AFC west, we don't only draft quality players, we pay them what they are worth. If they don't like it, we have the depth to carry the load. :Cheers:

mdsd77
07-27-2006, 09:05 AM
my exact thoughts too....

and who wouldnt want to play here ?

and every team is pretty well drained of money, I believe the SDC have some kaysh to spread around.

I think Porter just wants out of the Cancer, and I think I saw he is scheduled to make 20 million over 4 years , That seems reasonable but is he worth it?

How would you rank these 3 receivers.??

Podium
07-27-2006, 09:06 AM
I'll hold out if they sign me to a minimum contract.

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 09:09 AM
my exact thoughts too....

and who wouldnt want to play here ?

and every team is pretty well drained of money, I believe the SDC have some kaysh to spread around.

I think Porter just wants out of the Cancer, and I think I saw he is scheduled to make 20 million over 4 years , That seems reasonable but is he worth it?

How would you rank these 3 receivers.??

1.Porter
2.Lelie
3.Kennison

Chargeroo
07-27-2006, 09:21 AM
Eddie Kennison 68/1102

Jerry Porter 76/942

Ashley Lelie 42/770

The Chargers won't have a WR pull this - McCardell was given a new contract two years ago, Parker got one last year, and the rest of them don't know for sure that they'll even make the team.

bigbolthead21
07-27-2006, 10:03 AM
we might not have a wr that will hold out but we might have some like milligan or edwards who MIGHT hold out IMO.

RAWDOGG
07-27-2006, 10:11 AM
we might not have a wr that will hold out but we might have some like milligan or edwards who MIGHT hold out IMO.

Coincidentally those two are on the trading block :rolleyes:

Donnie is going to make good cash this year, so I doubt he will hold out. Not to sure about Milligan

3rd&Long
07-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I bet Parker will hold out! ;)

El RelŠmpago
07-27-2006, 10:33 AM
I say it's Malcom Floyd. He caught one whole TD in 04, so you know he gots to get paid!!! :p

Chargers!!!
07-27-2006, 11:11 AM
eddie kennison would be a great addition to this chargers team. I say we go for him!:Helmet:

JoeMcRugby
07-27-2006, 11:13 AM

Neither is holding out according to Edwards and Milligan.

Everyone was at the entire offseason workout schedule - there will be no holdouts.

And it's a good thing for Edwards and Milligan (Hanick especially - since he has a small contract) - it's a $14,000 per day fine for holding out. After a month, Milligan will be playing the 2006 season for "the fun of the game". ;)

Podium
07-27-2006, 11:14 AM
eddie kennison would be a great addition to this chargers team. I say we go for him!:Helmet:

And put him where? Who are you going to replace, K-Mac? Parker? put off VJ's progression even more?

And how do you expect to get him? They're not going to trade him within the division, and all he's doing is holding out.

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
Osgood got a new contract as well, VJ is still fresh. So that's 4 WR's right there including KMac and EP. Woods could be a good one....that's 5.

Why take any of these potential "cancers" mentioned?

KC is better off without Kennison anyway. Wasn't it he who didn't want to play for Denver a few years ago...that tells me alot about this guy.

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 11:19 AM
And put him where? Who are you going to replace, K-Mac? Parker? put off VJ's progression even more?

And how do you expect to get him? They're not going to trade him within the division, and all he's doing is holding out.

no one is going to trade for a disgruntled 33 1/2 yr old eddie kennison anyway...

esp. within the division...

and even more esp. when the chiefs are thin at receiver WITH kennison to begin with....

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
Wasn't it he who didn't want to play for Denver a few years ago...that tells me alot about this guy.

rep.........

Podium
07-27-2006, 11:20 AM
no one is going to trade for a disgruntled 33 1/2 yr old eddie kennison anyway...

and even more esp. when the chiefs are thin at receiver WITH kennison to begin with....

Well I wasn't trying to bring too much logic.:nono:

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 11:21 AM
Well I wasn't trying to bring too much logic.:nono:

...i know....:D

JoeMcRugby
07-27-2006, 11:22 AM

Which is why he's holding out.

He's seen the Chiefs spend millions on a rent-a-vet CB and after his 70+ receptions, 1100+ yard receiving season, he wants his as well.

Kennison knows that the Chiefs can't afford to lose his with their weak WR corps, so he's putting the screws to management.

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 11:24 AM
Geez all these WR holdouts....blame it on T.O. & She-li. No one's bigger than the game.

RIPgriggs
07-27-2006, 11:27 AM
as much as i hate the raiders, porter is a freakin beast

Thunderstruck
07-27-2006, 11:30 AM

His abs are SO ripped he can actually catch passes with them!

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 11:36 AM
Moss definitely has something to do with this in an indirect way.

JoeMcRugby
07-27-2006, 11:39 AM
Moss definitely has something to do with this in an indirect way.

Porter signed his big $$$ extension last offseason to be "The Man" in the Raiders passing offense. Two days later, the Raiders traded for Moss.

Porter has been stewing and crying over it for more than a year.

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 11:55 AM

physically yes....

but he has no one to blame but himself for having not broken the 1000 yd mark yet...

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 12:00 PM
Porter signed his big $$$ extension last offseason to be "The Man" in the Raiders passing offense. Two days later, the Raiders traded for Moss.

Porter has been stewing and crying over it for more than a year.
Yup.

The thing I don't understand is why Anquan Boldin/Larry Fitz and Wayne/Harrison can still co-exist...then we have the ego maniacs that hop on board a team and now the other WR's on the team feel like their careers are threatened as the above, except for kennison perhaps.

Deion Branch is the only legitimate hold out that sounds justifiable. Caldwell is definitely NOT a threat.

Patriots | Branch to hold out
Wed, 26 Jul 2006 05:29:32 -0700

Ron Borges, of the Boston Globe, reports New England Patriots WR Deion Branch decided he will not report to camp despite facing a $14,000-per-day fine. "Deion will not be in camp until he feels he's being treated fairly," said Branch's agent, Jason Chayut. The Patriots made an offer to Branch in May they claim would have paid him an average of $6.25 million over three years or $5 million over four, but the deal was heavily backloaded, with more than $9 million of it coming in the final two seasons of the contract, at which time clubs often try to renegotiate.

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Yup.

The thing I don't understand is why Anquan Boldin/Larry Fitz and Wayne/Harrison can still co-exist...then we have the ego maniacs that hop on board a team and now the other WR's on the team feel like their careers are threatened as the above, except for kennison perhaps.

Deion Branch is the only legitimate hold out that sounds justifiable. Caldwell is definitely NOT a threat.
Check that...didn't the Patriots draft Chad jackson in the 1st round or was it Maroney at RB...

So I take it back! Put him in with the rest of the losers! :D

Ikeman83
07-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Milligan won't hold out, he's a ST player.

Ikeman83
07-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Check that...didn't the Patriots draft Chad jackson in the 1st round or was it Maroney at RB...

So I take it back! Put him in with the rest of the losers! :D

Deion Branch has put up Reggie Wayne numbers, and wants to make Reggie Wayne dollars.

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Milligan won't hold out, he's a ST player.
That would be a first if he did, wouldn't it?

Ikeman83
07-27-2006, 12:26 PM
it would be a last too...

JCDavey
07-27-2006, 12:40 PM
i'd rank kennison over lelie just because he seems to have been more of a possession wr in his career , but porter clearly above both, but all 3 of them seem to be A-holes at times, i guess that's what most wrs act like (bunch of mini TOs half the time)

Merrimanjersey
07-27-2006, 12:47 PM
"I think holding out is a great idea. It really endears you to the management and fans and is great for team morale."
-Donnie Edwards

ChargerRay
07-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Milligan would be stupid to do a "Jason Ball" especially since he's only a ST player.

JoeMcRugby
07-27-2006, 01:13 PM
Deion Branch has put up Reggie Wayne numbers, and wants to make Reggie Wayne dollars.
Eddie Kennison had the same numbers as Branch and Wayne last year.

But to your point: Branch is far younger than Kennison and he and his agent are upset that the Pats aren't extending him going into the last year of his rookie contract.

If the Pats don't want to lose him after the 2006 season, it would be wise to do so.

Ikeman83
07-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Eddie Kennison had the same numbers as Branch and Wayne last year.

But to your point: Branch is far younger than Kennison and he and his agent are upset that the Pats aren't extending him going into the last year of his rookie contract.

If the Pats don't want to lose him after the 2006 season, it would be wise to do so.

True, but Branch and Wayne aren't halfway to the retirement castle...

bwells
07-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Kennison is like KMac for us, but I don't think he is as good a poss. reciever as KMac. I think he is faster for the long ball however. Personally I would still rather have KMac. He has been a great citizen since coming here and he is great for the young guys to learn from.

JoeMcRugby
07-27-2006, 01:17 PM
Milligan would be stupid to do a "Jason Ball" especially since he's only a ST player.

Especially since he signed his RFA tender contract four months ago. :rolleyes:

SuperBowlBolts
07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
"I think holding out is a great idea. It really endears you to the management and fans and is great for team morale."
-Donnie Edwards
....what is that?

Chargeroo
07-27-2006, 01:23 PM
Kennison is in good position to get more $$ out of his team. The just signed a big contract with Law and Eddie wants some of that. The rest of the Chiefs WR's aren't nearly as good as Kennison. The Chiefs will almost certainly negotiate with him. They need him.

MAChiefs
07-27-2006, 03:09 PM

So how bout it?.....;)

Why make stuff up? Kennison has been trying to negotiate with the Chiefs for a while now; he didnít just drop this on them right before camp. The article even states that he has been trying since spring, but I guess you didnít read that part?

Kennison has participated in every off-season program and will go through camp. Kennison is also not demanding a trade like the 2 other WR you mentioned.

Bottom line, both Kennison and Branch for NE have outperformed their contracts, both are the best WRs on their teams, both should get some type of restructured deal. It's a stretch to compare Kennison or Branch to the others.

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 04:06 PM
Why make stuff up? Kennison has been trying to negotiate with the Chiefs for a while now; he didnít just drop this on them right before camp. The article even states that he has been trying since spring, but I guess you didnít read that part?

Kennison has participated in every off-season program and will go through camp. Kennison is also not demanding a trade like the 2 other WR you mentioned.

Bottom line, both Kennison and Branch for NE have outperformed their contracts, both are the best WRs on their teams, both should get some type of restructured deal. It's a stretch to compare Kennison or Branch to the others.
Ok..lets compare Kennison and KMac...for the heck of it, MaChiefs...between these 2 - who's the best WR in the last 10 years? :D

Tomlinson21
07-27-2006, 04:09 PM
Just kidding MaChiefs...

To be honest, drawing no team colors here... I really like the way Sammie Parker from KC has stepped up his play. I saw that TD he had against us up there in that loss and he looked sharp.

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 06:02 PM

If I'm making it up then so are all your fellow chief fans....

i've gotten most of this from just reading the chiefsplanet message board...

kennison didn't threat to hold out til now....

stop defending this loser.....go visit the planet and witness your fellow fans bash him....

true....he's their best WR and the chiefs may HAVE to pay him what he asks...

but by no means is it a stretch to compare him to lelie & porter....he's aiming for a better position just like the other two and he's poised to do it by not participating in camp just like the others and he's in the afc west just like the others....

sorry but there are clearly similarities.....hence the thread...

TJ21
07-27-2006, 06:08 PM
That's the difference between the CHargers and the other scum in the AFC west, we don't only draft quality players, we pay them what they are worth. If they don't like it, we have the depth to carry the load. :Cheers:

Exactly. The Chargers have character guys. That's why we don't have the same problems. Even Gates' hold out wasn't as bad as this nonsense... asking to be traded and all.

bwells
07-27-2006, 06:11 PM
Lelie is living in fantasy land. He is by no means a #1 reciever and that is why he won't be the #1 in Denver unless they have no choice. He chokes too much and has a "me! me!" attitude. At the very least we have to say that porter and Kennison have the skill to be considered true #1 recievers.

MAChiefs
07-27-2006, 08:41 PM
Ok..lets compare Kennison and KMac...for the heck of it, MaChiefs...between these 2 - who's the best WR in the last 10 years? :D

It's a fair question, and over the last 10 years, not even close, McCardell without question. I really like McCardell and the Chiefs had a shot at landing him a few years back but couldn't get him. I really think that he and Kennison would have been a great combination.

Don't get me wrong, Kennison is built for the KC offense and I really like him in KC, but over the years McCardell has been a better receiver. Last year they were similar, Kennison may have had a slightly better year, but overall, producing around 1,000 yards a season at their age is great.

SP17BOLT
07-27-2006, 08:53 PM
Kennison is like KMac for us, but I don't think he is as good a poss. reciever as KMac. I think he is faster for the long ball however. Personally I would still rather have KMac. He has been a great citizen since coming here and he is great for the young guys to learn from.

Keenan is the best.

MAChiefs
07-27-2006, 08:56 PM
If I'm making it up then so are all your fellow chief fans....

i've gotten most of this from just reading the chiefsplanet message board...

kennison didn't threat to hold out til now....

stop defending this loser.....go visit the planet and witness your fellow fans bash him....

true....he's their best WR and the chiefs may HAVE to pay him what he asks...

but by no means is it a stretch to compare him to lelie & porter....he's aiming for a better position just like the other two and he's poised to do it by not participating in camp just like the others and he's in the afc west just like the others....

sorry but there are clearly similarities.....hence the thread...

Maybe you should form your own opinion, instead of regurgitating misinformation from others.

"Loser"? Just because Denver didn't treat him well and he has routinely put up big games against Denver's weak secondary, doesn't make him a loser, unless your a Denver fan.

Also, he didn't threaten to hold out, he said he wanted more money because he has outperformed his contract and when asked about what would happen if he didn't get more money, he said "we will cross that bridge at that time". Doesn't sound like he is arguing with his coach or demanding a trade. Unlike Lelie, he actually attended OTAs and camp.

I think you like comparing other players to Lelie because he is disgruntled, but a player asking for more money when he has outperformed his contract is not the same as an underperformer that thinks he should be given the #1 WR slot and money when he clearly hasn't earned it.

MAChiefs
07-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Just kidding MaChiefs...

To be honest, drawing no team colors here... I really like the way Sammie Parker from KC has stepped up his play. I saw that TD he had against us up there in that loss and he looked sharp.

I really like Parker, when he gets a little more consistent on big catches (3rd downs, etc), he will be a playmaker.

Of all of the WRs in the AFC West, I think the best young WR was Curry for the Raiders, he was explosive and made big plays prior to getting injured. However, I am not sure he will ever be the same after the achiles (sp?) injuries.

Today, both Thorpe and Jackson could have huge potential, we shall see.

broncosgc
07-27-2006, 09:14 PM
Maybe you should form your own opinion, instead of regurgitating misinformation from others.

"Loser"? Just because Denver didn't treat him well and he has routinely put up big games against Denver's weak secondary, doesn't make him a loser, unless your a Denver fan.

Also, he didn't threaten to hold out, he said he wanted more money because he has outperformed his contract and when asked about what would happen if he didn't get more money, he said "we will cross that bridge at that time". Doesn't sound like he is arguing with his coach or demanding a trade. Unlike Lelie, he actually attended OTAs and camp.

I think you like comparing other players to Lelie because he is disgruntled, but a player asking for more money when he has outperformed his contract is not the same as an underperformer that thinks he should be given the #1 WR slot and money when he clearly hasn't earned it.

i don't think kennison has outperformed anything...

and you can say what you want but bottom line is the money...

lelie holds out to be the #1 guy to get more money later...

kennison holds out to get more money now....

if you go back to the beginning of my thread it's clear i was just bringing up how all 3 receivers are disgruntled and ready to take action on it....

you're the one over analyzing my thread.....

i was just having a lil fun with the charger fans...nothing more

MAChiefs
07-28-2006, 09:30 AM
i don't think kennison has outperformed anything...

I understand that you don't like him because youíre a Denver fan, but he is paid in the bottom 30% of starting WRs in the league and he has performed in the top 30% of all WRs in the last 2 years. He was 14th and 19th in the league in receiving yards in 2005 and 2004. That is the very definition of outperforming your contract.

You have to consider Kennison's view point. The Chiefs state that Kennison is a #2 WR and pay him as such. Then they sign a #1 in Morton that Kennison out-produces. Chiefs cut Morton and Kennison is named #1 and he produces as a #1 WR, and is a top 15 receiver in the league. Keep in mind, he didn't have issues in 2004 or 2005, he waited to demonstrate his performance and then asked for more money.

In 2006, when he asks for more money, he is told by the Chiefs front office that they have no money to give based on the cap, and then sign Law. I think even a Kennison hater, like you, can see where he might think that he has a justifiable argument.

Teams cut players that don't perform up to their contract, I don't think players should be ostracized when they expect to be paid when they over-perform their contracts.

Lelie had 1 good year but never out-produced the teams #1. He certainly has never been a top 15 WR, nor is he coming off a solid year of performance. There really is no comparison, unless youíre a bitter Denver fan.

broncosgc
07-29-2006, 12:01 PM
I understand that you don't like him because youíre a Denver fan, but he is paid in the bottom 30% of starting WRs in the league and he has performed in the top 30% of all WRs in the last 2 years. He was 14th and 19th in the league in receiving yards in 2005 and 2004. That is the very definition of outperforming your contract.

You have to consider Kennison's view point. The Chiefs state that Kennison is a #2 WR and pay him as such. Then they sign a #1 in Morton that Kennison out-produces. Chiefs cut Morton and Kennison is named #1 and he produces as a #1 WR, and is a top 15 receiver in the league. Keep in mind, he didn't have issues in 2004 or 2005, he waited to demonstrate his performance and then asked for more money.

In 2006, when he asks for more money, he is told by the Chiefs front office that they have no money to give based on the cap, and then sign Law. I think even a Kennison hater, like you, can see where he might think that he has a justifiable argument.

Teams cut players that don't perform up to their contract, I don't think players should be ostracized when they expect to be paid when they over-perform their contracts.

Lelie had 1 good year but never out-produced the teams #1. He certainly has never been a top 15 WR, nor is he coming off a solid year of performance. There really is no comparison, unless youíre a bitter Denver fan.

well i am a bitter denver fan but that's actually not the issue this time

my thread was simply about 3 disgruntled wide receivers in the afc west...that's all....you keep getting into the details of their contracts & scenarios....all i wanted was to joke with charger fans that if one of their receivers got angry with management it would complete the afc west cycle....

you make a very compelling case for kennison...i give you that....you should be his agent...but your points aren't the premise of my thread topic....

as for kennison outperforming his contract....maybe you're right...and i'm the last to side with management in labor disputes but the chiefs IMO don't have a top 15 WR regardless of what the numbers say and the chiefs have just strategically been stringing kennison along with never any intention to pay him cuz they feel his production is more of a product of the system and less a function of his great abilities...(i happen to agree with them)...now kennison is 33 and no one is going to pay him what he wants....

i can name more than 25 receivers that are arguably as good if not better than kennison from a GM's perspective...

randy moss,torry holt,darrel jackson,larry fitzgerald,anquon boldin,steve smith,keyshawn johnson,joey galloway,joe horn,mushim muhamed,donald driver,roy williams,santana moss,terry glenn,terrell owens,plaxico burress,chris chambers,deion branch,andre johnson,eric moulds,marvin harrison,reggie wayne,chad johnson,hines ward,derrick mason,jerry porter,keenen mcardell,rod smith....etc

stats don't count for everything....the above receivers ability wise are arguably as good or better in many people's eyes....

so the chiefs simply won't pay him what he feels he derserves...

it's a business

chiefshunny
08-02-2006, 06:02 PM
No Priest, No Willie...give him the money he wants Carl.....

JCDavey
08-02-2006, 06:17 PM
No Priest, No Willie...give him the money he wants Carl.....welcome to the board hunny

chiefshunny
08-02-2006, 06:33 PM
welcome to the board hunny

lol...thanks, I have been around awhile, just don't post much...:D

BigKeefSun
08-13-2006, 12:26 PM
:Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt: :Bolt:
Y would we want Kennison? Have u seen our receiving core lately? u must be high! Kennison cannot even make our squad!!

AFC west= Chargers, all we needed was secondary help...got it! #17 is way better than Brees, who I love by the way! But the Bolts are sstacked! Anyone who dont see that is in denial!!!

Is this not Chargers.com? All these fans of other teams are so worried about the Bolts, and in so much awe that they cant help but come to our site! BOLT-PRIDE 4-life!!!!