PDA

View Full Version : Madden Ratings..Are you Serious?

sdchargersfan21
08-11-2006, 06:04 PM
Hey all you charger fans...i cant wait til this saturday when the Chargers kick send greenbay packin home. Anyways i wanted to show you something that really has my head scratching. If any of you have played NFL2k5(arguably the best NFL game ever made because of more realistic gameplay and stats) you will notice that in madden stats are very different. here are some examples.

QUARTERBACKS - heres drew brees..and we all know he cant throw more than 20 yards...well really he cant throw that far but heres his stats

Drew Brees Overall 92, arm strength 89, accuarcy 95

Now look at Rivers...how can they put his arm strength at this lvl

Philip Rivers Overall 83, arm strength 86, accuracy 93

Rivers should be rated higher than brees in AS. Brees has a much weaker arm, should be rated in the high 70's.

Also check this out...Reggie Bush vs. LT..(Notice reggie bush has not even played one down in the NFL)

Overall Rating 87, speed, 97, accel, 98, agi 99, juke move 99, elusive, 99

Now heres LT, the greatest runningback in the game today

Overall Rating 97 speed, 95, accel, 97. agi 95, juke move 97 but he does have 90 trucking (DAMN BOY!) and 88 stiff arm.

But heres the point, i dont see how they can overhype Bush this much..I can understand a mid 80's range but to put some kid that high in regards when he hasnt even played is dumb. You guys HAve the last word..

SP17BOLT
08-11-2006, 06:08 PM
Hey all you charger fans...i cant wait til this saturday when the Chargers kick send greenbay packin home. Anyways i wanted to show you something that really has my head scratching. If any of you have played NFL2k5(arguably the best NFL game ever made because of more realistic gameplay and stats) you will notice that in madden stats are very different. here are some examples.

QUARTERBACKS - heres drew brees..and we all know he cant throw more than 20 yards...well really he cant throw that far but heres his stats

Rivers should be rated higher than brees in AS. Brees has a much weaker arm, should be rated in the high 70's.

Also check this out...Reggie Bush vs. LT..(Notice reggie bush has not even played one down in the NFL)

Overall Rating 97 speed, 95, accel, 97. agi 95, juke move 97 but he does have 90 trucking (DAMN BOY!) and 88 stiff arm.

But heres the point, i dont see how they can overhype Bush this much..I can understand a mid 80's range but to put some kid that high in regards when he hasnt even played is dumb. You guys HAve the last word..

game. lol :D

56lightsout56
08-11-2006, 06:17 PM
good ol madden.

If you do still like to play espn's nfl25k there is a site that has been updating the rosters,stats and schedules for several years now. I wish I could place the link now but work filters the site accesses.

but it's: gamechewover.com

they really do a good job and "flyin fin" also created an editor to use that you can download. you'll need an action replay interface for the PC though.

SuperBowlBolts
08-11-2006, 06:20 PM

i still dont buy that Bush is going to be a GREAT in todays game. I think he'll be good but not great. Also juke moves better the LT haha you cant be serious.

Stone
08-11-2006, 06:29 PM
If you do still like to play espn's nfl25k
...then I laugh in your face!

Long live EA and Madden football forever.

TJ21
08-11-2006, 06:32 PM
They put Drew's arm strength higher because he's made 1809 throws. Philip has made 30. Neither have real cannons but they both have solid strength and maybe even similar levels of strength. (AntiDrew Response to Come Soon: WHAT?! Droofus and Philip having the same arm strength?! No way. Drew sucked. He just hung on the coattails of LT. Philip is god...) Anyway... it's just a game. :D :p

Thunderstruck21
08-11-2006, 06:33 PM
LT doesnt have 99 juking? he's the closest thing to barry sanders since he retired, they do overhype bush to much, also darren sproles should be faster than a 92.

darrenat0r
08-11-2006, 06:35 PM
i still dont buy that Bush is going to be a GREAT in todays game. I think he'll be good but not great. Also juke moves better the LT haha you cant be serious.

In terms of acceleration, agility and elusiveness, Reggie Bush is hands down better. Not to take anything away from LT, as he's great in that own right. You guys forget that Reggie Bush is rated high because of his physical attribute ratings on Madden. If you check his awareness, it's the typical rating for a rookie in Madden.

As for the Philip Rivers & Drew Brees ratings, Rivers overall shouldn't be the same as Brees just based on the fact that his awareness should not be near Brees' yet as we've yet to see what he can do on a regular basis, but I do think that Rivers should have the 89 throwing power and Brees should have the 86.

Good Days Last
08-11-2006, 06:45 PM
...then I laugh in your face!

Long live EA and Madden football forever.

I wish there were still the choice between the two.

I loved the 2K series. Madden Is... too arcadey to me.

2K was a bit more realistic.

BMoseleyINC
08-11-2006, 06:50 PM
In terms of acceleration, agility and elusiveness, Reggie Bush is hands down better. Not to take anything away from LT, as he's great in that own right. You guys forget that Reggie Bush is rated high because of his physical attribute ratings on Madden. If you check his awareness, it's the typical rating for a rookie in Madden.

I have to disagree. LT has better agility and elusiveness... BUSH is fast ,and has great moves, but he doesn't possess the ankle snapping capabilities that LT does. I have an LT video that will blow your mind. He is Barry Sanders the 2nd.

LT is VERY fast also, I've seen him put Yards on DB's at full sprint. ALso I just saw him at Training camp on the 8th. He's lightning.:D

JCDavey
08-11-2006, 06:53 PM
the ratings are fair , they're taking into account last year and career, not injuries. the ratings are adjusted throughout the season by the online roster updates. chill

Tomlinson21
08-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I have to disagree...he was a human highlight reel in college. He may not be great this year because he has to share snaps with McCallister.

DrTran
08-11-2006, 07:33 PM
Speaking of Madden, anyone see the new commercial where they re-enact the winning TD run from the Redskins game?

Stone
08-11-2006, 07:45 PM

Wow...we have the exact opposite feeling.

I felt 2K5 made the players uch more square and glossy, giving them an arcade feeling. The Madden player models had more curve and were a duller color, which I felt was better.

I used to be much more opinionated about this.

They put Drew's arm strength higher because he's made 1809 throws. Philip has made 30. Neither have real cannons but they both have solid strength and maybe even similar levels of strength.
WHAT?! Droofus and Philip having the same arm strength?! No way. Drew sucked. He just hung on the coattails of LT. Philip is god.

Rivers_owns
08-11-2006, 08:03 PM
At least we finally have a 99 overall rated guy.

Sarris21
08-11-2006, 08:13 PM
where did u get these ratings from?

Bubba86
08-11-2006, 08:14 PM
the reason that they have breesies arm strength higher is because he needs a higher overall rating. i remember this a few years back with cleo lemon. he had the strongest arm on the team in real life but in the game it was the worst.

Dojo
08-11-2006, 08:24 PM
At least we finally have a 99 overall rated guy.
correction, we have 2 99's! :D go lo and gatesy!

TJ21
08-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Speaking of Madden, anyone see the new commercial where they re-enact the winning TD run from the Redskins game?

Yeah that was awesome! Very realistic too. I'm glad LT looks lean and mean in this version instead of all bulky.

(2K Series Rocked: I have 100 posts at MaddenNation mostly ranting about how they need to do more things that 2K did, if anyone cares. :D )

TheIceCreamMan
08-11-2006, 08:28 PM
i saw it today
dude shawn merriam 92!!!!!

SuperBowlBolts
08-11-2006, 08:47 PM

As for the Philip Rivers & Drew Brees ratings, Rivers overall shouldn't be the same as Brees just based on the fact that his awareness should not be near Brees' yet as we've yet to see what he can do on a regular basis, but I do think that Rivers should have the 89 throwing power and Brees should have the 86.
hhmm really? So your saying Bush can cut better then LT? I may give the speed factor to Bush, but cutting like LT? No, thanks.

SuperBowlBolts
08-11-2006, 08:49 PM
I have to disagree...he was a human highlight reel in college. He may not be great this year because he has to share snaps with McCallister.
I think its a whole lot easier to make people miss in college then it is in the NFL. Bush is good but LT can cut and juke better then Bush.

Boltfan219
08-11-2006, 10:09 PM
There is a difference between the Pac 10 and the NFC South. Just wait and see how he cant escape Derrick Brooks. Reggie will be good, but he wont live up to the hype...

chale1904
08-11-2006, 10:14 PM
99 rating says it all.LT is the best overall back.Bush is faster & nimble as hell,but 21 has better cutting ability.You gotta love 'em both.What's their catching rating?

JCDavey
08-11-2006, 10:40 PM
even if bush surpasses LT...we all know LT helped to mold him, even if it was just minor help

remember he kicked his ass in training

that could ONLY help out bush for the future

Rivers_owns
08-12-2006, 01:08 AM
correction, we have 2 99's! :D go lo and gatesy!

How sweet it is! It was awesome seeing Gates and Neal with 99overall's... Lorenzo Neal has deserved that rating for the past 3 years, glad he finally has it..

Also, I'm very happy with Merrimans and Rivers' rating.. Merriman, 1 yr pro, 92overall. AWESOME!

Last Madden, Rivers was 80overall.. Glad he jumped 3 points without throwing a TD pass.. :D :D

al_charger_uk
08-12-2006, 08:49 AM
aaron brooks 84. yeah right

Stone
08-12-2006, 12:16 PM
84 is how many yards he can throw in the opposite direction.

SDFaiderHater
08-12-2006, 07:04 PM
I wish there were still the choice between the two.

yea very realistic...someone dropping 13 points in speed in 1 year...oh yea.

Alibell1
08-13-2006, 11:54 AM
I swear, the lengths Charger fan will go to find something to whine about. The beauty of Madden is that you can edit ratings, so if you want every Charger to be a 99, because that' what they are in Charger world, then make them all 99's. Good Lord.

Bolt4Life
08-14-2006, 12:25 AM
I swear, the lengths Charger fan will go to find something to whine about. The beauty of Madden is that you can edit ratings, so if you want every Charger to be a 99, because that' what they are in Charger world, then make them all 99's. Good Lord.

Actually for us that play online, it pisses us off when they have SA better than Gates. And with half a good year for LJ bringing him up 10pts. And ifless you know a way to change the stats online since "we all want every charger to be 99", don't be talking about changing stats.... Good Lord.

Alibell1
08-14-2006, 12:32 AM
Actually for us that play online, it pisses us off when they have SA better than Gates. And with half a good year for LJ bringing him up 10pts. And ifless you know a way to change the stats online since "we all want every charger to be 99", don't be talking about changing stats.... Good Lord.

Who's SA? Shuan Alexander? What does Alexander have to do with Gates, they play different positions. Maybe you're talking about Stephen Alexander, he is a TE afterall. Now if he has better ratings than Gates I would be pissed. In fact, I would be stark raving mad.

Like I said, just one more thing to make Charger fan feel slighted.

You know, I heard that the ratings are done by East Coast writers, and we all know how they just love to hate the Chargers.:D

Bolt4Life
08-14-2006, 12:35 AM
Who's SA? Shuan Alexander? What does Alexander have to do with Gates, they play different positions. Maybe you're talking about Stephen Alexander, he is a TE afterall. Now if he has better ratings than Gates I would be pissed. In fact, I would be stark raving mad.

Like I said, just one more thing to make Charger fan feel slighted.

You know, I heard that the ratings are done by East Coast writers, and we all know how they just love to hate the Chargers.:D

I have no clue why I put Gates in my post up there. Replace Gates with LT. (im tired)

Farmer808
08-14-2006, 11:55 AM
There is a difference between the Pac 10 and the NFC South. Just wait and see how he cant escape Derrick Brooks. Reggie will be good, but he wont live up to the hype...

Did you happen to see Reggie's run against the Titans?

ltomlinson16
08-14-2006, 01:54 PM
I saw the run, against the titans, who didnt have their top of the league players on the field. Just remember this, there are video tapes that will hurt bush. Contain contain contain. just remember that not only is every single player 100 times better than the average player reggie is used to seeing, but so are the defensive coordinators. If theres a player or two taking away the cut back lane than you wont see the reggie bush vs Tennessee run. Reggie wotn be able to run threw the tackles effectively. Pretty much every run he had in the preseason, he had to cut it back.

Can anyone say warrick dunn?

LTfan4life
08-14-2006, 08:04 PM
I saw the run, against the titans, who didnt have their top of the league players on the field. Just remember this, there are video tapes that will hurt bush. Contain contain contain. just remember that not only is every single player 100 times better than the average player reggie is used to seeing, but so are the defensive coordinators. If theres a player or two taking away the cut back lane than you wont see the reggie bush vs Tennessee run. Reggie wotn be able to run threw the tackles effectively. Pretty much every run he had in the preseason, he had to cut it back.

That's a damn high priced Warrick Dunn. I thought of the same comparison a while ago. Dunn is more effective outside on pitches/tosses, but not the guy you like to hand it off to up the middle. I see NO having a similiar situation as ATL with Deuce as the power back, similiar to TJ Duckett, only better. Bush is the Warrick.

Alibell1
08-15-2006, 08:37 AM

Yeah, and I can also say 1400 yards and on top of that I can say Marshall Faulk, which is who Reggie reminds me of. I don't remember people dogging Marshall when he came into the league, yet the funny thing is he and Reggie are exactly thew same player.

i heart ladain
08-15-2006, 12:28 PM
i think reggie wont live up to the hype as many of you say as well. i think once he faces faster 'backers, he's gonna get wrecked. elusiveness got him that far in college, and that was pretty damn far (heisman), but his little elusivenss "charm" won't go any further. go bruins.

stuckinfl
08-15-2006, 01:48 PM
Madden and Dierdorf together in the booth would make me consider a terrorist act:cool: :cool: Rick

Alibell1
08-15-2006, 06:27 PM
i think reggie wont live up to the hype as many of you say as well. i think once he faces faster 'backers, he's gonna get wrecked. elusiveness got him that far in college, and that was pretty damn far (heisman), but his little elusivenss "charm" won't go any further. go bruins.

He's built exactly like Marshall Faulk, yet Faulk didn't get "wrecked" in the NFL. Come to think of it, Bush played against much stiffer competition that Faulk did and put up some pretty amazing numbers.

Pot Roast
08-15-2006, 07:24 PM

nice one .. :D

Pot Roast
08-15-2006, 07:26 PM
Yeah, and I can also say 1400 yards and on top of that I can say Marshall Faulk, which is who Reggie reminds me of. I don't remember people dogging Marshall when he came into the league, yet the funny thing is he and Reggie are exactly thew same player.

you forget something : Tomlinson in the league now. therefore, all other backs suck or are over rated.. Great 12 yr old logic.

Turner33
08-16-2006, 12:03 PM
Michael Turner is too slow.

hXcB0ltfan85
08-20-2006, 09:15 AM
how is turner's strength or break tackle in the game?

Fouts2Chandler
08-23-2006, 10:29 AM

Uh, you mean he was hands down better from what you saw in college?

Thunderstruck21
08-23-2006, 03:59 PM
LT plays in the nfl against professionals that get paid millions of dollars to try and tackle him and they cant. He plays against savvy vets who cant tackle him (ty law anyone?)

Reggie Bush has only played slow college players who wont be in the NFL, and 2nd and 3rd stringers who will be off the team next week.

Fouts2Chandler
08-23-2006, 11:30 PM
So I spank the Steelers this morning running all over them for 200 plus yards with LT. I somehow neglect to save the game and lose tonight when LT is largely ineffective...

Its all ok though as I am whupping the Chiefs currently.

Mr. Heisman
08-23-2006, 11:48 PM
I noticed something right off the back of madden, Why did they update all the roster photo's of the big rookies with there real photos of themselves YET! They can't updated the nfl def. rookie of the year #56?! How is that possible?

Fouts2Chandler
08-24-2006, 12:23 AM
Final Score Chargers 48 Chiefs 14 in Arrowhead
Picked off Trent Green 7 times and returned 4 of them for TD's....all of this on All-Pro...

Jesus, maybe I should raise the slider even more.

gwpeterson5
08-24-2006, 11:04 AM
Final Score Chargers 48 Chiefs 14 in Arrowhead
Picked off Trent Green 7 times and returned 4 of them for TD's....all of this on All-Pro...

Jesus, maybe I should raise the slider even more.

what difficulty do you have it on haha?!

J UNIT
08-24-2006, 02:55 PM
i couldn't find if anyone has posted this yet but Marlon McCree is instead announced as Terrence McGee during gameplay. only error i've noticed so far.

Fouts2Chandler
08-24-2006, 06:45 PM
what difficulty do you have it on haha?!

All-Pro. I've since taken it up to All-Madden and am getting whupped by Bradlee Van Pelt and the Ponies.

Boltz2175
08-27-2006, 09:07 AM
Yeah they didnt give Rivers his props.....BUT WHAT ABOUT IGOR OLSHANSKY....AN 80 OVERALL....THAT IS A CRIME

Boltz2175
08-27-2006, 09:10 AM
All-Pro. I've since taken it up to All-Madden and am getting whupped by Bradlee Van Pelt and the Ponies.
I traded Leander Jordan to the bengals for Andrew Whitworth and a 5th round pick