PDA

View Full Version : Is it Gallery's fault or is it their Oline Coach fault?

mastaflan
09-26-2006, 01:58 AM
I was wondering if Robert Gallery is really a bust or can his issues be fixed with good coaching. I mean if the Chargers can get this guy via trade or something is he a redeemable?

jadeyknoxville
09-26-2006, 02:16 AM
i think it's the coach's fault. i think it was in sports illustrated where it stated that everyone on the line was shuffled around. i'll hook up that link in a minute.

mastaflan
09-26-2006, 09:11 AM
i think it's the coach's fault. i think it was in sports illustrated where it stated that everyone on the line was shuffled around. i'll hook up that link in a minute.

I have this strange feeling that Gallery isn't that bad...just in the wrong team.

CBO
09-26-2006, 10:51 AM
He is not that bad there line has sucked since he got there and they have been shuffled around so much.

chargershark
09-26-2006, 02:24 PM
My guess is that it's a combination of things:

1. Poor talent around him. Let's face it, it's MUCH easier to look good when you've got talented teammates, especially when you're still a youngin'.
2. Poor job by the coaches: too much shuffling around, & it's obvious the line isn't as well prepared as they need to be.
3. Poor job by Gallery: not every player has the drive to do the work (physical & mental) that it takes to succeed at the NFL level. Many are so used to dominating their competition that when they get to the NFL they just can't handle having to work hard just to hang in.

Overall, I think Gallery was hyped too much, & just isn't the stud that people thought he was going to be. BUT, with a change of scenery, new coaches, more talent around him, less expectations, etc --- he might still turn into a solid starter (or at least a high-quality backup). If he doesn't turn it around by the time he's elligible for free agency, then he might go cheap. While he's been a disappointment, I don't see the Raiders trading him unless someone would offer a high price, which AJ would not do. When he becomes a free agent, I'd be willing to consider him --- if the price is price.

DrTran
09-26-2006, 02:27 PM
He's damaged goods at this point.
Playing in the Raiders system has messed up his fundamentals and made him very prone for penalties.

Balboa 1961
09-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Rules:

1. Never trade within the division.
2. Never ever trade with the Raiders.

Tomlinson21
09-26-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't really care nor even want this guy!

JtBoY20
09-26-2006, 04:37 PM
It's the O-Line Coach's fault and plus that whole Raider O-Line sucks except for Robert Gallery if we tried to get him by trade he'll be a great addition with McNeill, Hardwick, Olivea, and Goff. Dielman would be the odd man out.but i don't know

byteme202
09-26-2006, 07:19 PM
don't see us going for him, also he can bring bad juju to the locker room I don't want him!:nono:

JerryinCA
09-30-2006, 11:32 PM
I think when it comes down to it he is responsible for his performance and not his O line coach. He played O line long before he was a Raider, sure it was in college but he should have a better understanding of his position than he seems to play with a lot of times. Coaching can do a lot but it also takes drive and desire and Gallery seems to be lacking those last two elements.

chargertom
10-01-2006, 09:58 AM
It's the O-Line Coach's fault and plus that whole Raider O-Line sucks except for Robert Gallery if we tried to get him by trade he'll be a great addition with McNeill, Hardwick, Olivea, and Goff. Dielman would be the odd man out.but i don't know

Dielman is better than Gallery.

KSee
10-07-2006, 11:38 PM
gallery would be a better guard than tackle.