PDA

View Full Version : Which is more Valuable as a Fan?

MoreMyk
10-12-2006, 07:43 PM
So once again as a Charger fan I am faced with a dilema. The much hated Raiders are hosting the Donkies this weekend. Now normally I would root for the donks to smash the pretenders, but a Denver loss this week would be really nice for the team.

So which is more valuable? A continuing of the Raiders winless season, or an edge in the division race?

Maxima_Bolt
10-12-2006, 10:10 PM
To me, the Faiders continue choking.......:Beer:

SDRANGER619
10-12-2006, 10:11 PM
I hate them both but a Denver loss will help us out a lot.

TJ21
10-12-2006, 10:14 PM
I'll be rooting for Oakland. I hate them, but my love for the Chargers outweighs my hatred for the Raiders... and if they won it would really help us out.

JCDavey
10-12-2006, 10:23 PM
So once again as a Charger fan I am faced with a dilema. The much hated Raiders are hosting the Donkies this weekend. Now normally I would root for the donks to smash the pretenders, but a Denver loss this week would be really nice for the team.

So which is more valuable? A continuing of the Raiders winless season, or an edge in the division race?i hope they just beat each other to death , can't lose with that option

EROKER_53
10-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Lets just hope that the raiders get their first win on sunday. My philosophy is i hate the team thats Closer in Records with the bolts.

GO CHARGERS!

SP17BOLT
10-12-2006, 11:03 PM

So which is more valuable? A continuing of the Raiders winless season, or an edge in the division race?

A Denver lost would be sweet.

benji929
10-12-2006, 11:30 PM
Raiders all the way. Now, excuse me while I go wash out my mouth with soap.

engage
10-12-2006, 11:51 PM
just cuz you root for them doesn't mean they'll win. whatever happens happens and the raiders will continue their pathetic season.

East_LA_Bolt
10-12-2006, 11:52 PM
We will deal with the dOnKeYs soon enuf . A winless raiders is so DAMN SWEET !!

jadeyknoxville
10-13-2006, 06:26 AM

an edge in the division is way more valuable...anything that helps to ensure our spot in the playoffs is more than welcomed, even if it's (ugh..) from the raiders.

Charger_grl
10-13-2006, 06:32 AM
I really hate to say this, but you know the Raiders are going to get stomped on......I'm just sayin'! The true test will be when we stomp right back on Denver! :rolleyes:

MoreMyk
10-13-2006, 06:37 AM
But imagine the spectacle of thier 0-16 season. This team will go down as the worst in history. Can you imagine the hype when they get to 0-12 and then watch it build.

You can already see it happening. On NFL network Woodson pointed out that thier next best chance for a win Dec 3rd with the Texans.

Airtime143
10-13-2006, 08:33 AM
With the Baltimore win, the Broncos have the tiebreaker so far.
Here is hoping that the blind squirrel does find a nut this week and the raiders win!

Waylon138
10-13-2006, 09:32 AM
I am not rooting for the Raiders to win....I just want the Broncos to lose!
(if that makes any sense)

chargertom
10-13-2006, 10:36 AM
I want the Raiders to lose, and the Broncos not to win.

How would a tie effect the division? :rolleyes:

Satcong_21
10-13-2006, 10:57 AM
Raiders all the way. Now, excuse me while I go wash out my mouth with soap.

I agree, a Faiders win this sunday will NOT make them a contender out of the AFC West doormat...But it will give our Chargers one game lead and the embarassment to the Donks...Hey superchargers929, Listermine mouthwash would do! :D

Lord Revan
10-13-2006, 12:11 PM
I refuse to root for the Raiders, especially when doing so is futile. They are going to get stomped on this week and no amount of wishing and hoping is going to change that. Besides, all we have to do is beat Denver a couple times this year and whatever else happens is irrelevant.

CBO
10-13-2006, 12:46 PM
I am not rooting for the Raiders to win....I just want the Broncos to lose!
(if that makes any sense)

I totaly understand and want the same thing

Buck Melanoma
10-13-2006, 01:07 PM
Hate the Faiders but sure would like a Donkeys loss this week. Ultimately, the Bolts destiny is in our own hands, meaning beat the Chefs & Donkeys on our own.

But wouldn't it be a hoot to have Denver lose to the pitiful Faiders? :rolleyes:

I like the idea of a tie...

Ikeman83
10-13-2006, 04:33 PM
It has to be Denver losing. A Denver loss to the worst team in the league would do 3 things.

1. It would shut up all the national sports writers that are pegging the Donks as being better than we are.

2. It would put us in first place, ahead in divisional wins.

3. It would allow me to laugh for a good 20 minutes.

Ikeman83
10-13-2006, 04:34 PM
I want the Raiders to lose, and the Broncos not to win.

How would a tie effect the division? :rolleyes:

A tie would help! Plus it would contribute to the Raiders going winless, and would address my three points above.

dekkerbasser
10-13-2006, 06:20 PM
It could happen... lost of upsets occur with division teams...

..okay, maybe not. I just want the Broncos to lose...

chiefsgal
10-13-2006, 08:28 PM
the choice is simple..you cheer on ANY team playing the donkeys'...:D unless, for some odd reason, a win by them would help your team..which has happend...:mad:

MoreMyk
10-13-2006, 08:29 PM
A tie would help! Plus it would contribute to the Raiders going winless, and would address my three points above.

No no no. You are missing the spirit of this. 0-16 is not the same as 0-15-1. The tie would help us in the division, but it would ruin the winless magic and o'fer season for the rayders.

Rivers_owns
10-13-2006, 10:19 PM
I'll be watching this game this week... And will be pullin' for the Raiders.. It would be great to have a nice lead heading into week 7.

FanSince1979
10-13-2006, 10:21 PM

So which is more valuable? A continuing of the Raiders winless season, or an edge in the division race?A Raiders win is best for two reasons:
1) Obviously it would give us the lead in the division if the Chargers win against the 49ers.
2) Although the Raiders will most definitely get the #1 pick in the draft, I would rather they don't.

Thunderstruck21
10-13-2006, 11:46 PM
i want an 0-16 raider season, but a denver loss, wouldnt be to bad

Ikeman83
10-13-2006, 11:57 PM
No no no. You are missing the spirit of this. 0-16 is not the same as 0-15-1. The tie would help us in the division, but it would ruin the winless magic and o'fer season for the gayders.

It would still be an o'fer. They would have zero wins for 16 games.

Charger_grl
10-14-2006, 04:13 AM
Okay, I hate to burst your bubbles....*pop*
BUT this IS the Raiders you're talking about!!! I would take a miracle for them to beat the Broncos. Unless they've been playing badly all season on purpose......now there's a though. HAHAHAHA. Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom now. LMAO :D

chargertom
10-14-2006, 08:39 AM
I seem to remember these same sentiments about another Raiders/Broncos game. They played at Invesco Field, during a blizzard ... and Kerry Collins threw 4 touchdown passes and beat the Broncos.

All kidding aside ... I'll take the Raiders spoiling their "perfect Season", if they beat the Broncos. Especially if they can do it twice!

Bobmarleysd
10-14-2006, 02:54 PM
I hate them both but a Denver loss will help us out a lot.

Yea as much as I would love to see the faiders go winless I would rather see the Chargers make the playoffs with a good lead over the rest of the west.

1904Fan
10-15-2006, 06:57 PM
I think superchargers929 said it best. Glad I didn't have to. Better to see Denver suffer a pathetic loss to a 4 - 0 Raiders.
And then let the raiders go on to finish losing the rest of their season.
In the end that upset is real unlikely, just that it would be great for us.

BryanP
10-15-2006, 08:00 PM
Okay, I hate to burst your bubbles....*pop*
BUT this IS the Raiders you're talking about!!! I would take a miracle for them to beat the Broncos. Unless they've been playing badly all season on purpose......now there's a though. HAHAHAHA. Sorry, I have to go to the bathroom now. LMAO :D

did you not remember that field goal block during the blizzard?

BELFLOWER
10-16-2006, 12:24 PM
that is a pretty dumb question. screw the raiders and their chance at a winless season! all the tam needs to worry about is locking up the division. a first round bye would be outstanding!

spysnipedis
10-16-2006, 03:24 PM
Raiders need to win some games, the last bronco game*, so that they won't get the 1st pick =P. Heh they'll probably mess up on the draft though.

ch-cha-charger
10-16-2006, 04:29 PM
im actully starting to feel bad for the realdairs. nahhhh

boltnut369
10-17-2006, 07:33 AM
i hope they just beat each other to death , can't lose with that option

Yea! Beat each other to death and end up with a tie!!!