PDA

View Full Version : Did the raiders ruin Randy?

TBOLTZCALI
11-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Since he joined the raiders, he hasnt been randy.

Lord Revan
11-06-2006, 09:54 PM
It was a 2 way effort. The Raiders didn't offer him a place where he could succeed to his fullest, but he really gave up on them. Randy wouldn't have had the steller numbers he had in the first half of his career, but if he gave a damn he would still be a top tier WR in the league and not an afterthought.

chargertom
11-06-2006, 09:54 PM
No ... Randy ruined Randy. He believed his own hype.

JCDavey
11-06-2006, 09:57 PM
exactly...randy ruined randy , he's a moron and he takes plays off
he is getting what he deserves

TBOLTZCALI
11-06-2006, 10:12 PM
LOL yeah but would you even try if you played for a sorry azz raider team?

ch-cha-charger
11-06-2006, 10:18 PM
Randy is still a good receiver. he is a deep threat all the time. raiders cant do a seven step drop with their o-line to deliver a ball

ch-cha-charger
11-06-2006, 10:19 PM
I think Jammer ruined Randy

canadianfan_51
11-06-2006, 10:26 PM
randy hasn't been the same without culpepper
and culpepper hasn't been the same without randy

anyone who plays for the raiders is ruined...just randy more...

Rivers_owns
11-06-2006, 10:40 PM
Randy isn't going to do anything in Oakland, and the Raiders have so many holes.. I say trade him and Brooks for some offensive line... And see what Walter can do with some line next season.

Shamrock
11-06-2006, 10:51 PM
Randy isn't going to do anything in Oakland, and the Raiders have so many holes.. I say trade him and Brooks for some offensive line... And see what Walter can do with some line next season.

I say let them all suck, fester and LOSE together in Oakland.

~~~~~~~~~~

Randy ruined Randy. No one else let those balls slip through his hands tonight. He's already quit on this season. Typical.

Bolts76
11-07-2006, 12:28 AM
It looked to me like after a while Randy just gave up and quit trying to make the plays that he normally does which is exactly what the knock was against him in Minnesota. I believe that Randy said as much when he was in Minnesota that he played only when he felt like it.:crazy:

SDDeuce
11-07-2006, 12:49 AM
I think Randy is still a threat anytime he is on the field. He stretches the field and can also out jump his defenders. But to answer the ?, yeah the Raiders ruined him with no type of player support. Good for the Bolts though.

Clint Beastwood
11-07-2006, 01:08 AM
I think it would help if he had a QB who could throw for over 100 yards per game

StevenSD
11-07-2006, 03:33 AM
I think it would help him if he could go to Miami. And the Raiders could waste draft picks...

Just MHO, they need each other.

Toad
11-07-2006, 08:17 AM
I think it would help if he had a QB who could throw for over 100 yards per game

I think it would help if RM could hold on to the ball. He dropped 3 right in his hands. That's amazing for a "so called" top receiver; even TO isn't that big of a fumbler.

It would also help if his wimpy butt would run slants over the middle (if he could catch, which he can't). I'll take Eric Parker over RM any day!

He'd do everyone a favor if he retired.

JCDavey
11-07-2006, 08:35 AM
I think it would help if he had a QB who could throw for over 100 yards per gameit's all on the oline

Waylon138
11-07-2006, 08:39 AM
Randy Moss is a waste of talent....he has all of the tools to be a great wide reciever, and we have all seen him in moments of greatness....but the fact is that he dosen't play every down, he plays hard when he wants to, he half asses running plays, he dosen't block, he doesn't "sell" the play-action, if he knows the pass is going to the opposite side of the field he doesn't work to get the DB out of the play, he doesn't accept responsability when he drops the ball.....he is a selfish, self centered POS!!!

I can't stand players that behave in this manner....do your job....shut your mouth....and play the game the way it was meant to be played....you are no more special than the great ones that played before you....the only difference is that your paycheck is fatter.

chargerfan1978
11-07-2006, 09:35 AM
Randy Moss is a waste of talent....he has all of the tools to be a great wide reciever, and we have all seen him in moments of greatness....but the fact is that he dosen't play every down, he plays hard when he wants to, he half asses running plays, he dosen't block, he doesn't "sell" the play-action, if he knows the pass is going to the opposite side of the field he doesn't work to get the DB out of the play, he doesn't accept responsability when he drops the ball.....he is a selfish, self centered POS!!!

I can't stand players that behave in this manner....do your job....shut your mouth....and play the game the way it was meant to be played....you are no more special than the great ones that played before you....the only difference is that your paycheck is fatter.

When I watched his first game here in 2005 at the Q, I knew everytime he wasn't the intended receiver or it was a run play. How? He jogged his route. Anyways, it starts with O-line. Vertical offense? You need a 7-step drop. The O-line can't even handle a 1-step. Keep suckin' oakland!

Al Davis will be head coach by week 12.

TBOLTZCALI
11-07-2006, 03:22 PM
I think it would help if RM could hold on to the ball. He dropped 3 right in his hands. That's amazing for a "so called" top receiver; even TO isn't that big of a fumbler.

It would also help if his wimpy butt would run slants over the middle (if he could catch, which he can't). I'll take Eric Parker over RM any day!

He'd do everyone a favor if he retired.He dropped a td pass sunday v.s redskins.

Balboa 1961
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM

Do you really think anyone would give up anything for Aaron Brooks?

jubei
11-07-2006, 03:40 PM
the so-called elite receivers are dropping balls like crazy this year. TO has had a buncha drops as well as Randy. The true elite ones IMO are the Colts and Rams WRs.

Waylon138
11-07-2006, 03:43 PM
Do you really think anyone would give up anything for Aaron Brooks?

Aaron Brooks is a mediocre back-up at best...he is a loser...I don't see anyone pursuing him unless it's a multiplayer deal and Moss or Porter are part of the package.

byteme202
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
Gotta chime in here.. Randy did randy in, to full of himself gonna see him wind up a has been after this season or before.Arrogance is the downfall of great men!!!

El Presidente
11-07-2006, 10:18 PM
If yes - so what. If no - so what.

Does any one care at all about any raider on this web site?

jadeyknoxville
11-08-2006, 03:29 AM
yes, the raiders ruined randy, but then again, they ruin everyone that joins their team. that team is truly "the black hole".

chargerfan1978
11-08-2006, 09:35 AM
the so-called elite receivers are dropping balls like crazy this year. TO has had a buncha drops as well as Randy. The true elite ones IMO are the Colts and Rams WRs.

Ummmm . . . . didn't they put those 'true elites' in check? Colts were also pre-McCree, too?

Ain't no opinions about it, either.

:)

chargerfan1978
11-08-2006, 09:58 AM
He looks sincere out there on the sidelines trying to talk to his teammates.

Actually, all the dummies that rushed out to be the first with the #18 jersey jinxed Randy Moss. What a bunch of space cadets. It must be full of love in that stupido forum of theirs.

pupunana
11-08-2006, 11:42 AM
SDSU 28 Oakland raiders 0

Good Days Last2
11-08-2006, 01:18 PM
If yes - so what. If no - so what.

Does any one care at all about any raider on this web site?

Haha, we all care if they lose and fester as the worst team in football :Beer:

BryanP
11-08-2006, 01:19 PM
I don't think Randy "ruined" Randy per se.

The Raiders is really a team that needs serious rebuilding. If you have an offensive line that doesn't even allow an already ailing QB to make those deep passes to Randy, then what can he do.

It's not only Randy who whines on that team; it appears as if almost everyone on that team is, and you can't blame them for how crappy the team really is.

I do agree, just trade him off and rebuild.

Moss is still Moss, you have someone who can feed him the ball, he will deliver. At least you see him trying to keep his teammates hyped up at the sidelines instead of whining all day long like he used to.

Shamrock
11-08-2006, 01:47 PM
Moss is still Moss, you have someone who can feed him the ball, he will deliver.

I don't agree at all. I guess you missed all those dropped passes, and half run routes.

Randy is part of the problem in Oakland.

MDChargerFan
11-08-2006, 01:49 PM
SDSU 28 Oakland raiders 0

I got one better for ya 75 lbs. Indian Head Braves 35 Oakland Faiders 0:)

BryanP
11-08-2006, 02:50 PM
I don't agree at all. I guess you missed all those dropped passes, and half run routes.

Randy is part of the problem in Oakland.
You're right about that, but he still very capable.

The problem is that everyone is concentrating too much on Randy. The Raiders in general is a crappy team and if anything, its the reason why he's becoming a crappier player.

He can only do as well as his team allows him. When you stop being conditioned to play in the level you're truly capable of, theres nothing positive that can root from that.

JCDavey
11-08-2006, 03:05 PM
You're right about that, but he still very capable.

The problem is that everyone is concentrating too much on Randy. The Raiders in general is a crappy team and if anything, its the reason why he's becoming a crappier player.

He can only do as well as his team allows him. When you stop being conditioned to play in the level you're truly capable of, theres nothing positive that can root from that.he's capable of burning any cb/safety under the right situation (when they're trying to challenge him and not give him the underneath pass)

he's a great athlete, but not a great wr when it comes to fundamentals.

with the oline oakland has though it doesn't matter who the wr is , he's going to look like garbage....but with randy , he isn't helping

BryanP
11-08-2006, 03:12 PM
he's capable of burning any cb/safety under the right situation (when they're trying to challenge him and not give him the underneath pass)

he's a great athlete, but not a great wr when it comes to fundamentals.

with the oline oakland has though it doesn't matter who the wr is , he's going to look like garbage....but with randy , he isn't helping

truth

right now, they need to build up that oline

it just shows that you need a complete team to function, and not just a few star players

bolthead123
11-08-2006, 09:21 PM
The article about Randy Moss pretty much says it all.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/phil_taylor/11/08/moss/index.html

Hopefully, it hasn't already been posted.

TBOLTZCALI
11-08-2006, 10:17 PM
I think a big part of his fall is that the raiders are a bad team. I mean, I dont think alot of the players they have actually buy in to art shell's plan. If randy was a charger, he would no way half ass it. Cuz we are alot more capable to be more explosive with a receiver with his talent. If I were randy, I would ask to get traded to a winning team and watch the raiders blow up.

TBOLTZCALI
11-08-2006, 10:20 PM

Hopefully, it hasn't already been posted.Alot has to do with team play. There OL is terrible. I think they do beat SDSU though. The aztecs suxorz!!

Charger Rific
11-10-2006, 02:03 PM
I think Rich Gannon was a great Qb, then there is Jerry Rice, since he went with the raiders, he has not been as great, now with randy moss(he does drop balls) but he can still play way better than most wide recievers. The reason the raiders are doing poorly is because the person getting the ball most of the time is not adjusting to what he has to work with.

TBOLTZCALI
11-10-2006, 10:49 PM
If i was on the raiders, I would give that "i dont give a shiet" attitude as well!!!

jadeyknoxville
11-11-2006, 04:41 AM

Hopefully, it hasn't already been posted.

man, i almost feel sorry for randy moss, even though it stated that he's half-assing it. i wouldn't mind seeing the old randy moss again. just in a different jersey.:)

JoeMcRugby
11-11-2006, 05:18 PM
I think a big part of his fall is that the raiders are a bad team. I mean, I dont think alot of the players they have actually buy in to art shell's plan. If randy was a charger, he would no way half ass it. Cuz we are alot more capable to be more explosive with a receiver with his talent. If I were randy, I would ask to get traded to a winning team and watch the raiders blow up.

I don't want a player who half-asses it when things go bad.

I want players who suck it up and work harder when the going gets tough.

Moss is a loser - his attitude fits in perfectly with the Raiders. :Bolt:

Shamrock
11-13-2006, 07:12 PM
I don't want a player who half-asses it when things go bad.

I want players who suck it up and work harder when the going gets tough.

Moss is a loser - his attitude fits in perfectly with the Raiders. :Bolt:

Want to know what Randy has to say ...... ??? :)

Moss says unhappiness, bad mood equals drops; Shell hints at benching Walter, bringing back Brooks (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/sfgate/indexn/detail?blogid=11&entry_id=10925) - SFgate.com

Well, that explains everything.

Raiders receiver Randy Moss spoke to local reporters Monday for the first time since the exhibition season, and had an interesting explanation for all his drops this season.

"Maybe because I'm unhappy," Moss said. "Maybe because I'm not too much excited about what's going on so my concentration and focus level tends to go down sometimes when I'm in a bad mood.

"So, all I can say, man, is if you put in a good situation and make me happy, man, you get good results."

Raiders coach Art Shell was relayed the quotes at his press conference, and didn't sound too happy.

"He said that?" Shell asked. "Hmm. That's too bad."

Moss isn't the only one who could be in trouble. Shell took quarterback Andrew Walter to task for going off on the playbook and offense after Sunday's 17-13 loss to the Denver Broncos, and said he'll take a "hard look" at bringing Aaron Brooks back.

So, stay tuned. Looks like a wild week is on tap.

Randy Moss has PMS, and the crappy young QB is griping about the play calling.

Raiders' forums must be imploding. I love it. :)

http://sfgate.com/chronicle/pictures/2006/11/13/sp-220x314-raiders13186pc.jpg
Keep crying RaiderBoy ..... y'all still have seven more games of futility.

ayehoto
11-15-2006, 11:33 AM
randy's just like that. he doesnt have the heart nor the hunger to play the game.

he IMO, when he wants to, can still be a TOP WR. he's never been injured, and nothing has really hindered him from playing the game. he can be the best if he wants to but hes just sittin in the attic rotting away.