PDA

View Full Version : If we beat the Broncos this Sunday, then we can dream of a Denver demise

Der_BlitzSchlag
11-17-2006, 08:32 PM
I just noticed something which I like to share with you and debate here. I just noticed something very interesting about the Broncos schedule:

11/19/2006: Chargers @ Broncos

11/23/2006: Broncos @ Chiefs

12/03/2006: Seahawks @ Broncos

12/10/2006: Broncos @ Chargers

As you can see, this is a very gruelling schedule for the Broncos in the next 4 games which can feasibly turn into 3 losses for them.

If we can dominate them and beat them soundly, they have a very short week and then they have to go to Arrowhead for a Thanksgiving eve showdown with the Chiefs. The Chiefs have a far easier Sunday, as they will be playing the Raiders. I don't make predictions about their game with Seattle, but if both Hasslebeck and Alexander are back by then and and feel fresh, they can challenge the Broncos at home which will soften them up a bit for their next game at the Q.

Dare I say that this next game with Denver and a convincing Chargers victory, could result in a 1-3 Denver demise in the next 4 game stretch?.

mtxsound
11-17-2006, 08:35 PM
It is very possible. I would love to see it, the worst team in that stretch is 5-4 (Chiefs.) And we all know the Chiefs aren't any slouch of a team. I would not want this stretch right now. Makes Sunday's game all the more important.

Spank
11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
We have the same schedule exept we go to SEA and get KC @ home next time. Luckily they get KC on a short week.

That makes this game so crucial. So damn crucial.

Sundiego
11-17-2006, 08:38 PM
Indeed.

Not to go too far however it would be difficult for any team to play the Chargers and than the Chiefs with only 4 days apart and win both.

foober
11-17-2006, 08:42 PM
With a chargers win its the coming out party for this chargers team.

I'm actually more worried about denver and their cheap shot play. Its really the only chance they have of winning this game. If they try it I hope the chargers take out a couple of denver players for it. We owe them anyway.:)

mtxsound
11-17-2006, 08:44 PM
Indeed.

Not to go too far however it would be difficult for any team to play the Chargers and than the Chiefs with only 4 days apart and win both.

Although I am glad it is Denver and not us, I think it really isn't fair, kind of like playing all those teams coming off their bye last year. I know football and Thanksgiving are like Thanksgiving and turkey but man that is rough. Thats what happens when you get a first place schedule.

Spank
11-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Protect The Ball.

It really could be as simple as that.

Der_BlitzSchlag
11-17-2006, 08:46 PM
We have the same schedule exept we go to SEA and get KC @ home next time. Luckily they get KC on a short week.

That makes this game so crucial. So damn crucial .

Yes, we get to play the same teams but it is not the same gruelling schedule. They have a tougher 4 game stretch, whilst we have this: @ Denver, hosting Raiders, @ Bills & hosting Denver. We will have Merriman & castillo back too. Ours looks easier on paper.

Spank
11-17-2006, 08:54 PM
Point taken.

2Big4U
11-17-2006, 08:59 PM
Yeah but you can also say that we are playing on their field without Merriman & castillo

gobolts_charger
11-17-2006, 09:03 PM
Although this post probably belongs in the game thread, I can't help but notice a few things....
1) Denver has a grueling stretch ahead...yes.
2) This upcoming game will be very difficult for us & I for one do not want to stay too confident about it.

Point being...we've always struggled in Denver for some darn reason...whether it being the talent level, sea level, whatever.
But with this being said, & plz don't get me wrong, I do believe we
CAN win this game & with the schedule we have coming up compard to theirs, I feel more confident about this game than before. I have to admit, I, all seaon long, said we drop this game, but now....our Bolts have proven they can play anyone, anywhere & win!! This game is more important than previously thought.....a must win!!!
Go Bolts!!:Helmet:
Faithful prediction:
Bolts 27
Broncos 17

foober
11-17-2006, 09:26 PM
donks know they deserve a good beating.:)

bolthead123
11-17-2006, 11:10 PM
This is going to be tough game for the Chargers it will be like being trapped in a burlap sack with a badger. The cheatin donks know that this Sunday is their biggest game since the AFC championship and losing could be the end of their season. I expect them to cut block, late hit and use their helmets like its the superbowl. Shanahan knows how to keep his players mean and hungry. Last season they played their final game against us like it was personal. The good news is that the Chargers know that Denver is finally vulnerable in their own house, the offensive crew will be on fire and the defense will be as good as it needs to be.

MadMadigan
11-17-2006, 11:14 PM
This is going to be tough game for the Chargers it will be like being trapped in a burlap sack with a badger. The cheatin donks know that this Sunday is their biggest game since the AFC championship and losing could be the end of their season. I expect them to cut block, late hit and use their helmets like its the superbowl. Shanahan knows how to keep his players mean and hungry. Last season they played their final game against us like it was personal. The good news is that the Chargers know that Denver is finally vulnerable in their own house, the offensive crew will be on fire and the defense will be as good as it needs to be.Yeah lets just hope the Refs aren't hand picked as if they reside in Denver..

boltcorpse
11-17-2006, 11:18 PM
Denver? No problem. Chalk it up as a W, boys.

Who's next on the schedule? Oh... lookie here, Oakland in S.D. Another W.

Who's next? Oh... Buffalo.... another W.

Wow... Bolts are 10-2. Awesome.

RAWDOGG
11-17-2006, 11:22 PM

Slow down TURBO.........and don't forget to take your Ritalin

boltcorpse
11-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Slow down TURBO.........and don't forget to take your Ritalin

Sorry, Mr. Dogg, sir.

o-line protag
11-17-2006, 11:24 PM
fight, fight, hehe, just a little humor there gents...:o

boltcorpse
11-17-2006, 11:27 PM
fight, fight, hehe, just a little humor there gents...:o

I would not dare engage the Dogg in a physical or verbal altercation, sir. I only have the utmost respect for the Dogg.

o-line protag
11-17-2006, 11:29 PM
I would not dare engage the Dogg in a physical or verbal altercation, sir. I only have the utmost respect for the Dogg.
humm, physical on the net, now that would be a feat of epic proportions.

MadMadigan
11-17-2006, 11:37 PM
fight, fight, hehe, just a little humor there gents...:oI suggest they settle it over an intense game of Rock'em Sock'em Robots. :Cheers:

velocity760
11-17-2006, 11:39 PM
chargers need to win the rest of their games this season regardless.
I would like the see them get first round bye in the play offs for extra rest. so they would have a better chance against indy or another tough team.

o-line protag
11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
I suggest they settle it over an intense game of Rock'em Sock'em Robots. :Cheers:Or...how about battleship...You sunk my Battleship!:):Beer::Beer:

boltcorpse
11-17-2006, 11:44 PM
chargers need to win the rest of their games this season regardless.
Just to take devil's advocate, what would you do if the Bolts drop a game? Would you jump the wagon?

o-line protag
11-17-2006, 11:46 PM
Just to take devil's advocate, what would you do if the Bolts drop a game? Would you jump the wagon?I can see my obituary now...

BoltFanSoCal
11-17-2006, 11:54 PM

10-2 Awesome Sir!

Bobo
11-18-2006, 12:34 AM
Just to take devil's advocate, what would you do if the Bolts drop a game? Would you jump the wagon?Would you? You're the self-proclaimed bandwagoner. :Helmet:

Hansolo
11-18-2006, 12:58 AM
Yeah baby! Here we go!

This will be a great game for sure.

C'mon Broncos!

Stop that :21: !

Stop that :17: !

Watch out for that :55: ! Oh... wait... don't worry about him. :)

I believe my Broncos will win, but I must say that I am not starting our Defense this Sunday (in Fantasy Football)... I'm going with Tampa vs. the Skin's.

BoltlessNSeattl
11-18-2006, 01:09 AM
Yeah baby! Here we go!

This will be a great game for sure.

C'mon Broncos!

Stop that :21: !

Stop that :17: !

Watch out for that :55: ! Oh... wait... don't worry about him. :)

I believe my Broncos will win, but I must say that I am not starting our Defense this Sunday (in Fantasy Football)... I'm going with Tampa vs. the Skin's.

You forgot #'s 85, 87, 33, 41, 80, 83, 86, 88, 20, 23, 58, 59, 95, 99, and Mr. 76

jadeyknoxville
11-18-2006, 02:20 AM
Yeah lets just hope the Refs aren't hand picked as if they reside in Denver..

yeah, i agree...that playoff game against new england last season was just horrible. the patriots vs. the denver broncos featuring the referees.:o

Der_BlitzSchlag
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
I just noticed something which I like to share with you and debate here. I just noticed something very interesting about the Broncos schedule:

11/19/2006: Chargers @ Broncos

11/23/2006: Broncos @ Chiefs

12/03/2006: Seahawks @ Broncos

12/10/2006: Broncos @ Chargers

As you can see, this is a very gruelling schedule for the Broncos in the next 4 games which can feasibly turn into 3 losses for them.

If we can dominate them and beat them soundly, they have a very short week and then they have to go to Arrowhead for a Thanksgiving eve showdown with the Chiefs. The Chiefs have a far easier Sunday, as they will be playing the Raiders. I don't make predictions about their game with Seattle, but if both Hasslebeck and Alexander are back by then and and feel fresh, they can challenge the Broncos at home which will soften them up a bit for their next game at the Q.

Dare I say that this next game with Denver and a convincing Chargers victory, could result in a 1-3 Denver demise in the next 4 game stretch ?.

Wow, my dream is fast becoming a beautiful reality!. I had dreamed of a 1-3 Denver slide, thinking that they would win one against the Seahawks. But at this point, we should beat them to avenge for the losses of last year and really kick them to the curb: 0-4 for the Broncos.

TCUFAN5
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM

this man forsaw this on 11-17-2006 that we would be 10-2 on 12-03-2006 crazy

Der_BlitzSchlag
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
this man forsaw this on 11-17-2006 that we would be 10-2 on 12-03-2006 crazy
Yes, he (BoltCorpse) also had a dream. He dreamed about the Chargers winning and I dreamed about the Broncos losing streak. We both had beautiful dreams!.

TCUFAN5
12-03-2006, 10:05 PM
lol craziness

chargerfan1978
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Niiiiice. Broncos will lose, and my co-worker gotta wear my new Neal jersey!!!

MadMadigan
12-03-2006, 10:19 PM
1982 is the year we last swept the Broncos, I want the broom back in SD! If we have to drop one game before the end of the season, let it be anyone but Denver......:Football: :Beer:

Swish!!

Der_BlitzSchlag
12-03-2006, 10:32 PM
1982 is the year we last swept the Broncos, I want the broom back in SD! If we have to drop one game before the end of the season, let it be anyone but Denver......:Football: :Beer:

Swish !!

I concur with you on the Broncos. I don't want to drop any game this year at home especially one to KC. We should notlose to AZ in the final game of the year under any circumstances. So it looks like if we are going to drop one, it has to be to the Seahawks, specially if it is going to be a rainy and awful day in Seattle.

baphamet
12-04-2006, 02:37 AM

Swish!!

wow i never realized its been that long, damn it needs to happen this year then for sure. if this chargers team cant sweep the broncos then there is defiantly something wrong. :rolleyes: