PDA

View Full Version : go ravens!

djrell
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
that's right.

of course, we're hoping for our bolts to pull through next week. in addition, the ravens better win!

BoltFanInAtl
12-03-2006, 09:59 PM
Personally, I would want to clinch the division in a couple of weeks. Just so our team stays hungry and improved the chance of home field.

But I will take a Division title if we just have ot clinch :)

eyestotheSB
12-03-2006, 10:02 PM
i agree with boltfan, id rather watch KC win, cause the ravens are still fighting for that #2 seed, and we yet have to play KC, so the chargers will take care of them themselves in 2 weeks, that way we can clinch our division title, and at least that #2 seed (but i hope we can get the # 1 seed)

JCDavey
12-03-2006, 10:03 PM
it would be so great if we could personally eliminate all 3 of our afc west foes ourselves this year, rather than hoping for help.

That and i don't think the ravens have a chance in hell to win in kc, it's arrowhead in december.

TCUFAN5
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
it would be so great if we could personally eliminate all 3 of our afc west foes ourselves this year, rather than hoping for help.

That and i don't think the ravens have a chance in hell to win in kc, it's arrowhead in december.

you forgot the snowball part.. a snowballs chance in hell..

Ikeman83
12-03-2006, 10:04 PM
We're better off if the Ravens drop the game.

TCUFAN5
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
yea we are but then the tie breaker goes to us.. and we have to beat KC.. good thinking ikeman

erlewis
12-03-2006, 10:07 PM
KC doesn't lose at Arrowhead in December. However do we want the Ravens to win or lose? Which is going to be better for the Chargers in the Playoff race?

Hamburglar
12-03-2006, 10:08 PM
We're better off if the Ravens drop the game.
agreed:Football:

eyestotheSB
12-03-2006, 10:10 PM
KC doesn't lose at Arrowhead in December. However do we want the Ravens to win or lose? Which is going to be better for the Chargers in the Playoff race?

like i said before, ravens losing will help us secure that # 2 seed, and besides we're 3 games ahead of KC and we play them in 2 weeks, thats when we'll chinch our division title

TCUFAN5
we want the Ravens to lose.. because then if we beat KC at home then we move up on the tie breaker with the Ravens..

Ikeman83
I'm good with playoff scenarios...

LV_BOLT
i agree with boltfan, id rather watch KC win, cause the ravens are still fighting for that #2 seed, and we yet have to play KC, so the chargers will take care of them themselves in 2 weeks, that way we can clinch our division title, and at least that #2 seed (but i hope we can get the # 1 seed)

That's the way I see it;...although I'm sure most everyone else's opinion will differ on this one.

chargerfan1978
12-03-2006, 10:13 PM
3 wins up.

It's ironic, but logical. Cheer for KC, then punch 'em in the mouth the following week.

MadMadigan
12-03-2006, 10:15 PM
We just need to win win win and let the NFL sort out the rest :Beer:

dcboltfan
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
I disagree... if the Ravens beat the Chiefs, then the Chiefs are all but eliminated from playoffs and when they come to town wont have anything to win for. I say go Ravens because it demoralizes the chiefs and makes the 1 game I fear we will drop easier. (Seattle doesnt look too great to me)

eyestotheSB
12-03-2006, 10:16 PM
besides KC, the ravens get to play, cleveland, pittsburgh and the bills, which by then all of those 3 teams might have nothing to play for, so KC is our best option to beat the ravens, and that gives us more cushion for the #2 seed in case our chargers lose another game

JCDavey
12-03-2006, 10:17 PM
another way to look at it is

if we win the next 2 weeks it really won't matter if the ravens win or lose in kc, but them losing to kc would give us more of a cushion in the #2 spot, but if we can win out it just won't matter at all, also i believe the colts go to the jags next week and while the jags do not play a 3-4 defense, the jags do have a nice history of pulling upsets over indy or at least playing them hard.

all we gotta do is keep winning and never let up

dcboltfan
12-03-2006, 10:25 PM
Plus Indy still has to go to Cinci, right? Cinci can def beat Indy. I dunno who to root for is a pretty hard call. Either way, I guess. One team will lose (Ravens or Chiefs) and that loss will help the Chargers in one way or another. Chiefs lose, SD probably Clinches with the minor Denver hurdle.. Ravens lose we get 2 game cushion... Best case Scenario (one I will root for) is Jacksonville wins, Chiefs Win, Denver loses and New England loses...

jubei
12-03-2006, 11:48 PM
KC beats Ravens and Cinci beats Indy, and whoever beats Pats. Denver will lose to us.

baphamet
12-04-2006, 02:33 AM
its simple, we have a 3 game lead on kc and are yet to play them at home, we only have a 1 game lead (for the 1st and 2nd seed and 1st round bye) on the ravens and not only that they have already beaten us so they will win the tie if there is one.

believe me guys i hate the chiefs more than most, i hate the chiefs more than any team in the NFL and I'm saying that we want KC to win this one.

although, if KC loses it is still a good thing...its a win win situation but i do hope the ravens lose.

BORNINSD1964
12-04-2006, 02:37 AM
that's right.

of course, we're hoping for our bolts to pull through next week. in addition, the ravens better win!

Yeah! Go Ravens! Go straight to you know where!!!!!!:Bolt:

I respect 'em. I just don't like 'em and definitely would never cheer for them.

GREAT GAME BOLTS!!!!! SUPERBOWL HERE WE COME!!!!!:Beer:

djrell
12-04-2006, 09:16 AM
believe me guys i hate the chiefs more than most, i hate the chiefs more than any team in the NFL and I'm saying that we want KC to win this one.

don't tell me you like the chiefs more than the raiders..

the raiders are my most hated team in all of professional sports. go to a charger/raider game, and you'll see why.

baphamet
12-04-2006, 11:35 AM
don't tell me you like the chiefs more than the raiders..

the raiders (gayders) are my most hated team in all of professional sports. go to a charger/raider game, and you'll see why.

well i live in chief country so i have to deal with chief BS on a regular basis, after years of being forced to watch the chiefs play instead of the bolts i have grown to hate them more than the raiders.

although i still hate the raiders fans more than anyone but i don't have to deal with them like most chargers fans do.

run21lt
12-04-2006, 11:37 AM
I'm all for clinching whatever we can clinch as soon as possible.

Every dog has its day, and I feel like barking!

Go Bolts!

oldmonitor
12-04-2006, 01:22 PM
Ravens , screw the Ravens.

PartyBall
12-06-2006, 05:10 PM
I think we want the Chiefs to win in order to have a better shot at a first round bye.

leftyinthepen
12-06-2006, 06:36 PM
all these scenarios are great...but if our boys don't take care of business this sunday first, then the rest of doesn't mean anything.....

2Big4U
12-06-2006, 08:31 PM
I dont really care what happeneds on the Cheif and Raven game because I know we can beat the Cheifs in our house but I want the Colts to lose 2 games out of the 4 :) Starting with this Sunday and the game after that.

baphamet
12-06-2006, 08:55 PM
all these scenarios are great...but if our boys don't take care of business this sunday first, then the rest of doesn't mean anything.....

true, but even if we lose this game will even have a bigger impact on our post season.

if we lose and the ravens and colts win their games then we are knocked back down to the #3 seed.

weather we win or lose our game i think the ravens losing this game helps us, besides i feel pretty good about beating the broncos...i was more worried about the faider game to be honest.

Thunderstruck21
12-06-2006, 09:30 PM
the only thing i care about is us winning out and indy losing 1, we dont have to root for anyone besides the chargers and whoever is playing the colts. We will clinch the division by winning out, plus most of the playoff teams currently in the hunt have huge games (everyone besides the Jets that is)

leftyinthepen
12-06-2006, 09:35 PM
true, but even if we lose this game will even have a bigger impact on our post season.

if we lose and the ravens and colts win their games then we are knocked back down to the #3 seed.

weather we win or lose our game i think the ravens losing this game helps us, besides i feel pretty good about beating the broncos...i was more worried about the faider game to be honest.

i completely agree. first thing, our boys need to take care of business sunday. by the time the game starts, the chiefs game should be over. I hope the chiefs win, because having that extra game cushion for the #2 seed is very important....especially if we beat the broncs this weekend. then we can take care of the division next week when the chiefs come calling on the Q. now, if the chiefs lose, we still need to win-although the game is a bit more important. it clinches the division and keeps us the #2 seed. the first round bye is imparitive

SkubaSteve
12-06-2006, 10:25 PM
I personally would rather have kc win, that way we have a 2 game lead over the ravens, which gives a comfy lead, because they hold the head-head.

Still need another INDY loss because they hold the tie due to conference records.

A bye and home-field would be big. No goin' to IND to play in that loud dome(although we did whoop them last year) I'd be much more confident at home.

parker88fan
12-06-2006, 10:39 PM
that's right.

um go chiefs!

Ikeman83
12-07-2006, 12:30 AM
If we win then the Chiefs winning helps us immensely. Having a one game cushion on the Ravens puts us in a secure position to have a first round bye. It becomes very important that the Colts, Ravens, and Pats lose some games in the next few weeks.

SundaySilence89
12-07-2006, 01:19 AM
Go Chiefs, we've already played the Ravens and no longer control our own destiny with them. So let them beat the Ravens and our destiny for at least a #2 seed is in our own hands you can't ask for more than that.

BoltsfanNYC
12-07-2006, 09:10 AM
I WANT KC TO WIN.... I want the 1 or 2 seed and anyone but pats or ravens to get 1! so lets win this game and next week, and send KC home ourselves!

det2boy
12-07-2006, 11:08 AM
Speaking from a playoff scenario standpoint, the best outcome of the Chiefs/Ravens game is a tie, which drops both teams .5 games farther back.

usnidc
12-07-2006, 11:14 AM
Speaking from a playoff scenario standpoint, the best outcome of the Chiefs/Ravens game is a tie, which drops both teams .5 games farther back.

LOL, if they tie, we KNOW the football Gods are on the Charger's side this year...

bweek
12-07-2006, 02:04 PM
If we win then the Chiefs winning helps us immensely. Having a one game cushion on the Ravens puts us in a secure position to have a first round bye. It becomes very important that the Colts, Ravens, and Pats lose some games in the next few weeks.
here we go. that's what i was thinking. with SD and KC wins, we hold our three-game lead on them, and have a better lead on Baltimore.

mk87
12-09-2006, 01:30 AM
No, not Go Ravens. Go Bills! And of course, Go KC this week.

BoltsfanNYC
12-09-2006, 08:16 AM
ummmmm NO GO JETS GO KC!!! we want balt to lose 2 more games!!! and JETS hwo cares if they make it... best they can go is 11-5 we shold finish no worse than 12-4. NE I want to lose 2 more as well/

Havoc3_20
12-09-2006, 10:30 AM
[quote=baphamet]its simple, we have a 3 game lead on kc and are yet to play them at home, we only have a 1 game lead (for the 1st and 2nd seed and 1st round bye) on the ravens and not only that they have already beaten us so they will win the tie if there is one.
[quote]

I agree with you 100% Id rather see the Chiefs win so we can knock em out when we play them. The ravens lose so were up another game for the #2 seed

BoLT55
12-09-2006, 11:47 AM
Well...my first post! I might be a rookie on here....but I've been a fan (die Hard) since 65'. I've also been coming here for quite some time....and have enjoyed reading all the posts. Its also good to see Chargerfans having a good time. I want KC to beat the Ravens...so we can wrap up the division against the Chiefs at home. Living here in Missouri....you can imagine how sick I'am of hearing "Chiefs this..Chiefs that" lol. Go Chargers...break the Brokeback Broncos.......

mk87
12-09-2006, 02:20 PM
ummmmm NO GO JETS GO KC!!! we want balt to lose 2 more games!!! and JETS hwo cares if they make it... best they can go is 11-5 we shold finish no worse than 12-4. NE I want to lose 2 more as well/
You do realize that if the Jets lose this week we clinch playoff berth?

No way do I think they're our kryptonite.

robbass
12-09-2006, 04:20 PM
Go KC for sure. Balt holds tiebreaker with us. Go jacksonvile as well! Most of all go Bolts!!!!!!! Much love to all the real die hard Charger fans.

curtisboltfan
12-09-2006, 04:34 PM
Go KC for sure. Balt holds tiebreaker with us. Go jacksonvile as well! Most of all go Bolts!!!!!!! Much love to all the real die hard Charger fans.
WORD ROB! chargers gonna wax dat donkey ass tomorrow! gonna make a trip out to sd for the first playoff game, i'll keep you informed!:Helmet:

robbass
12-09-2006, 05:25 PM
For Shizzle C-loc. Hope your doing well man and how bout these unstopable lightning bolts. One game at a time like marty says. I predict Jammer int, Merrimonster 1 forced fumble, 2.5 sacks. Lots of chop blocks by Denver but Jwall and Igor will prevail. Rivers 18-27 242 2td. Lt 147yds 2td. Gatsey 1td 7-97. Cutler gets rocked by Chargers healthy defense. Castillo and Mccree back, Cutler has horrible day. Go Chargers!

curtisboltfan
12-09-2006, 07:05 PM
For Shizzle C-loc. Hope your doing well man and how bout these unstopable lightning bolts. One game at a time like marty says. I predict Jammer int, Merrimonster 1 forced fumble, 2.5 sacks. Lots of chop blocks by Denver but Jwall and Igor will prevail. Rivers 18-27 242 2td. Lt 147yds 2td. Gatsey 1td 7-97. Cutler gets rocked by Chargers healthy defense. Castillo and Mccree back, Cutler has horrible day. Go Chargers!
yeah!, rivers-232yds,1td ,lt-101yds 2td,gates 6rec 88yds, parker 5rec 110yds 1 td, merriman 2sacks, dflo 1int, castillo and phillips sack each, sd 27 den 13-elam out for season, cutler torn acl(career over) on with the rebuilding for denver and years of horrible records!

robbass
12-09-2006, 07:57 PM
yeah!, rivers-232yds,1td ,lt-101yds 2td,gates 6rec 88yds, parker 5rec 110yds 1 td, merriman 2sacks, dflo 1int, castillo and phillips sack each, sd 27 den 13-elam out for season, cutler torn acl(career over) on with the rebuilding for denver and years of horrible records!
LMAO. Cool man we don't need to injure them, were simply the better team. Much Love man, I'll check in with you tomarrow on this board. Peace. SHOW ME YOUR LIGHTNING BOLT BROTHER!