PDA

View Full Version : Dejected in Denver...

Boltbaby
12-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Wow, take a look at these threads:

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Chargers game #2... (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=78554)

Jay Stuff Cutler = Fish Bait for Shawne Steroid Merriman (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=78561&highlight=bait)

Denver seems to be losing their sunny disposition. :rolleyes:

bubbachuck383
12-04-2006, 08:52 PM
Haha they have NO faith.

Lax'n'Bolts
12-04-2006, 08:57 PM
Wow, take a look at these threads:

Pick the winner of the Broncos vs. Chargers game #2... (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=78554)

Jay Stuff Cutler = Fish Bait for Shawne Steroid Merriman (http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=78561&highlight=bait)

Denver seems to be losing their sunny disposition. :rolleyes:

I liked the post that predicted LT to have five TDs. Not holding my breath, but then again, it wouldn't surprise me either.

56lightsout56
12-04-2006, 09:21 PM
they are funny and they even reference this thread in the pick the winner thread link that were making fun of them.

I really like this logical reasoning(j/k):

think it is way too pessimistic to say that we are going to get blown out. We have been in every game that we have lost this year, and we have lost to some good teams.
Also i do think that the chargers are overrated, or at least not the powerhouse that they are made out to be. The past few weeks, they had trouble beating the raiders and the bills. It can be argued that the best teams they have beaten are us and the bengals (while we have beat the pats and ravens), and they currently have the lowest strength of schedule rating in the AFC.

I say broncos by 4

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=78554&page=2&pp=15

JCDavey
12-04-2006, 09:24 PM
checking out espn today, which is always fun after a chargers win, was quite shocking today, not only did tom jackson say san diego would win the superbowl, woody paige threw cutler under the bus.

it was very weird to say the least.

Farmer808
12-04-2006, 09:33 PM
I would be depressed too if I was a Donk fan

bweek
12-04-2006, 10:17 PM
checking out espn today, which is always fun after a chargers win, was quite shocking today, not only did tom jackson say san diego would win the superbowl, woody paige threw cutler under the bus.

it was very weird to say the least.
he better not be trying to put a hex on them. but i do think with this team, they can only go as far as they allow themselves to.

JCDavey
12-04-2006, 10:20 PM
he better not be trying to put a hex on them. but i do think with this team, they can only go as far as they allow themselves to.yeah that's really described the chargers from 04-now

i know all teams lose because they beat themselves but with our teams the last 3 years that seems to be truer than anybody else

we really are catching some nice breaks this year though, that's why everyone has a special feeling.

Der_BlitzSchlag
12-04-2006, 10:35 PM
The more these idiots chant Shawne Merriman and steroids in the same breath, the more they run the chance of Merriman getting even more pissed off. The consequenses of such ignorant fans = Merriman steamrolling Jay Culter.

bweek
12-04-2006, 10:51 PM
i've been reading off of this forum for a couple of days and just now joined. i should have done this years ago. :Helmet:

2Big4U
12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
Wow, Kinda sad that they givin up. Now I sorta don't want Merriman to hurt Cuther too bad

2Big4U
12-04-2006, 10:55 PM
i've been reading off of this forum for a couple of days and just now joined. i should have done this years ago. :Helmet:
Welcome to the forms

bweek
12-04-2006, 10:58 PM
Welcome to the forms yep. thank you!

JCDavey
12-04-2006, 11:00 PM
The more these idiots chant Shawne Merriman and steroids in the same breath, the more they run the chance of Merriman getting even more pissed off. The consequenses of such ignorant fans = Merriman steamrolling Jay Culter.i think it's to be expected, i'm just relishing the fact that finally we're the team who other fans say the nfl is bending over backwards for, i find that really hilarious.

BoltsDynasty
12-04-2006, 11:34 PM
I dont know which is funnier, the donk's fans that are trying to be realistic and don't want to be wrong by saying there gonna get smoked or the one enthuistic unrealistic guy that said they'd win by 10+. Ill be saying "Welcome to the NFL" the same time Merriman crushes him.

EROKER_53
12-05-2006, 12:07 AM
i love that 30% of their fans dont believe they have a chance against us. You should always have faith in your team, and with that said

GO CHARGERS! Kill the donkeys, and the hype of Jay cutler.

Der_BlitzSchlag
12-05-2006, 12:30 AM
i think it's to be expected, i'm just relishing the fact that finally we're the team who other fans say the nfl is bending over backwards for, i find that really hilarious.

Yeah, and about time!. I am sure that many of us remember the recent "lean" years from 1995 to 2002,
when every friggin call, play and mojo was going against us. I even saw a few people wearing paper bags with holes cut out in them for the eyes and the mouth. This was never a Chargers fan's silent dissatisfactio, but more like the way the Saints fans showed their displeasure with theirs.

noposer
12-05-2006, 10:41 AM
That poll is as real as it gets when it comes to measuring the faith of the Broncos fans. They can see the water coming in the cracks of the ship and they're looking for a way to save themselves from the sharks(THE BOLTS) surrounding the sinking vessel. Culter is gonna be eaten and then spit out. This is gonna be good.:76:

LA Chargers '07
12-05-2006, 11:39 AM
I'll be at the game and I CANT WAIT to see Merriman hit Cutler! I think if we can hit him hard early he'll just completely self destruct and it might even be a blowout. The KC game will be 10AM right??? The Q will be even more hyped up if the Chiefs lose and we demolish the Broncos. AFC Champs this Sunday!!!!!! Let's get crazy this Sunday.

ChargerGal76
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
I'll be at the game and I CANT WAIT to see Merriman hit Cutler! I think if we can hit him hard early he'll just completely self destruct and it might even be a blowout. The KC game will be 10AM right??? The Q will be even more hyped up if the Chiefs lose and we demolish the Broncos. AFC Champs this Sunday!!!!!! Let's get crazy this Sunday.

I'll be at the game too! You know what I'm looking forward to the most. You know Shawne's first game back he had to deal with all the boos and mean chants. I'm looking forward to him being called out onto the field and being welcomed back properly...San Diego style!!! :) Love you Shawne!! :)

nvcharger
12-05-2006, 01:09 PM
would love to see a complete blowout of the donks, just absolute carnage, the donks been stomping on us for past few years i hate shanahan, it would make me cry with joy to not see his big ole teeth for once. even though we beat them at home this year im not satisfied.

LarryAW
12-05-2006, 01:30 PM
If Manning has trouble against our 3-4 defense, imagine the problems a true rookie will have. I hope Castillo is back on Sunday, because 75% of Denver's offense will be the running game.

ChargerDiva
12-05-2006, 04:21 PM
Oh my goodness! These people sound distraught. For the most part they have given up which is not the never say die mentality of a true fan. It's a division game and it should be hard fought. That being said I have complete faith that the Chargers will send the Donks home with third degree burns cause lightning is going to strike!!!

joerockt
12-05-2006, 04:31 PM
If Manning has trouble against our 3-4 defense, imagine the problems a true rookie will have. I hope Castillo is back on Sunday, because 75% of Denver's offense will be the running game.

PLEASE let Castillo play on Sunday. I'm tired of watching Cesaire get blown off the ball.

bweek
12-05-2006, 04:44 PM
PLEASE let Castillo play on Sunday. I'm tired of watching Cesaire get blown off the ball.
holy crap. you are on here too? i've seen you on AZ.

joerockt
12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
holy crap. you are on here too? i've seen you on AZ.

LOL...Yep, I'm everywhere baby :D

kutsie2
12-05-2006, 04:45 PM
i think it's to be expected, i'm just relishing the fact that finally we're the team who other fans say the nfl is bending over backwards for, i find that really hilarious.

Bending over backwards for?? I'm afraid I can't comprehend that statement.
Maybe they should have said that we are the team that the teams in the nfl are bending over for!! Sorry, had to say it, it just seemed too obvious to let go!

bweek
12-05-2006, 04:48 PM
LOL...Yep, I'm everywhere baby :D
:werd: haha! go :Bolt:Chargers:Bolt:!

jubei
12-05-2006, 05:48 PM
Wow, Kinda sad that they givin up. Now I sorta don't want Merriman to hurt Cuther too bad
Yeah...SIKE!!! Cutler is gonna learn that this ain't no Vanderbilt when he gets a 270lb, screamin fast LBer crush him like grape!

El Relámpago
12-05-2006, 06:31 PM
Classic. I read those posts. I got more of a kick out of the homers claiming they'll win by a TD or +10 pts. How is that exactly going to happen? We should put in our rookie QB just to even it up & make it more exciting. LOL.

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans!!! I don't like most Donk fans, so I am smiling all the way to Sunday reading those hilarious posts. Oh Lord! Denver's getting blown out.... You bet your booty they are, Dinkey fans. Prepare for a beatdown. LT will destroy your D. And Merriman will demolish your QB!

GO BOLTS!

Rivers > Brees
12-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Merribait...that's hilarious.

Let's just put both QB's back there and have Jake fake like he has the ball, so he's the one who gets crushed while golden boy makes the throws.

This is the one of my favorites. No more Jake excuses Broncos fans! Be careful what you wish for...you might just get it! Hasn't anyone learned from the Giants???

:17: :17: :17: :17:

bweek
12-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Classic. I read those posts. I got more of a kick out of the homers claiming they'll win by a TD or +10 pts. How is that exactly going to happen? We should put in our rookie QB just to even it up & make it more exciting. LOL.

It couldn't happen to a nicer bunch of fans!!! I don't like most Donk fans, so I am smiling all the way to Sunday reading those hilarious posts. Oh Lord! Denver's getting blown out.... You bet your booty they are, Dinkey fans. Prepare for a beatdown. LT will destroy your D. And Merriman will demolish your QB!

GO BOLTS!
that's a crazy post there. but, not many Donk fans will be able to see it here. post it on here:http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=78554

2Big4U
12-05-2006, 08:59 PM
poor poor donks

jrhampton
12-06-2006, 11:07 AM
I just posted this in one of the threads on Our forum. Hats off to SAN this year, Marty and team have been playing lights out. Hope you can take it all we sure will not be in the hunt this year. Kick some Manning BUTT.

I've not read the thread, so if I repeat what someone has already said they must be brilliant also.
I called this game in the begining of the year more so on SAN defense being much better than ours last year, with an additional years experience would just make them better.
I thought starting a "rookie Qb" was stupid and I would have kept Breeze and traded rivers instead of what they did. It turned out to be a great move. (Why can't we get a GM like they have?)
I was thinking by the end of the year rivers would give them chance to win offensively. With their D keeping them in most games for the year. I also counted on "Marty ball" holding them back. But Rivers has come on like gang busters and Marty ball went down the toilet at the begining of the year after one of their only losses and a player almost revolt.
CAN they win it all if Marty can get over the next hurdle of not choking in the playoffs like he did in CLE and KC and SAN.
We will be competitive in the first half and then COYERS FOLLIES kick in and it is a ruinaway. No pun intended. Their D is gonna have a field day with the rook. I'm sure that Jake is probably glad he is on the bench for this pounding we are gonna take, But he better stay warmed up cause cutler will never make it all the way through this game with out pathetic Oline.
Hey Mike replaced that red flag for calling challenges with a white flag when he decided taht cutler give s a better chance of winning.
Keep it handy during the game cause they are gonna make you use it so we don't get embarrassed and beat up.

Our Butterballs will be done just after half time.
For this game it is SAN49-DEN20.

jrhampton
12-06-2006, 11:40 AM
This is the one of my favorites. No more Jake excuses Broncos fans! Be careful what you wish for...you might just get it! Hasn't anyone learned from the Giants???

:17: :17: :17: :17:

Just noticed this comment. Jake is the not ONLY the problem this year our Oline has sucked since Lepsis went IR with an knee injury.

The WR/TE corps outside of Rod Smith is totally new this year Jake played but about 40 snaps in preseason so built almost no timing until the regular season started. Walker and Jake had less than 15 snaps all preseason together. The TE's have been non exissitant in the playbook till two weeks ago. Mostly kept in to help with blocking the DE's.

Our one RB is really good but is not a stud bufflao and has been run into the ground. He really is a great change of pace guy that has the speed to break long runs when fresh and he has had injury problems for 3-5 games this year.

Before that Mikey in his infinite wisdom decided to change the offense this year to more of a drop back passer style/type than allowing Jake to roll-out and use play-action to freeze the defense.

Our light assed oline just can not sustain pass protection long enough to do this It is designed for zone blocking for our running game. Mikey fritz-ed up the unit just enough to cause cauos. Trying to keep JAke inside to pass is like trying to use a drug dog as a seeing eye dog. TO different animals. I personnaly think he wanted a reason to get the rookie into the mix and the team ready for it sooner than later.

Now Jake has not had a banner year but as you can see from above there is more to it than Just Jake.

Our defense is smoke and mirrors COYERS FOLLIES they fold like a wet paper bag in the second half. Mostly because the clown can't make adjustments in the second half after being reasonably successful in the first half of every game this past two years.

We have some great talent that is being wasted by poor scheming. Not as good as SAN front 7, but good. Our problem is not being able to pass rush the Pope with his Cardinals as blockers.

TCUFAN5
12-06-2006, 12:02 PM
lol WOW so it is shanny ruining that team.. who would have figures ;)

56lightsout56
12-06-2006, 02:58 PM
I like the one where the guy asked why we cant have a GM like that---cuz Shanny "the rat boy" has a big ol' head ego and wont allow it. D'oh

lsturbointeg
12-06-2006, 03:37 PM
SHEESH! i couldn't believe how they kept arguing between the "JAKE FAN'S" and the "JAY FANS"...both threads were very entertaining to read...

i thought it was funny that they hate Merriman's Lights Out Dance...:D

Medford Bronco
12-11-2006, 11:21 AM
I would be depressed too if I was a Donk fan

Trust me we are :(

But good luck to you guys. Win it all.

SD vs New Orl super Bowl would be nice and for me being for MA, please smoke the Pats if you play them. I would love for you to score 48 against them. This team is insufferable to me.

Balls
12-17-2006, 03:13 AM
Donk fans should be happy.

If we didn't beat them, they would have false hope they were good.

And we just fixed that.

gazork
12-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Trust me we are :(

But good luck to you guys. Win it all.

SD vs New Orl super Bowl would be nice and for me being for MA, please smoke the Pats if you play them. I would love for you to score 48 against them. This team is insufferable to me.

This Charger fan won't be writing off Denver based on the first time in memory that they're struggling to get to the playoffs.

They still have a great defense and Cutler looks like he has big upside to me (see today's Arizona game). That 1st TD pass he threw was unreal and he looks accurate and can throw with touch. Years of interesting matchups between our two teams are on the way.

JohnElway
12-17-2006, 07:19 PM
This Charger fan won't be writing off Denver based on the first time in memory that they're struggling to get to the playoffs.

They still have a great defense and Cutler looks like he has big upside to me (see today's Arizona game). That 1st TD pass he threw was unreal and he looks accurate and can throw with touch. Years of interesting matchups between our two teams are on the way.

Agreed, but i say this years looks like its gonna be the year of the lightning. Unreal how good tomlinson is, and Rivers is proving to hold his own. I gotta admit i was skeptical when you got rid of brees but it worked out for the best.

Havent posted for a while so i just wanted to give my props on a great year so far for ya

Im not giving up on my team but if they dont make it i am pulling for the Bolts :Cheers:

Medford Bronco
12-18-2006, 10:35 AM

thanks for the props. I hope you are right on Cutler. I do not want to get too excited, it was against Arizona

If he can do this next week against Cincy then I will be hopeful for the playoffs.

Good luck to you guys at the overrated Seahawks next week. I see you smoking them. 38-14. Sea is not good.

gazork
12-18-2006, 10:32 PM
thanks for the props. I hope you are right on Cutler. I do not want to get too excited, it was against Arizona

If he can do this next week against Cincy then I will be hopeful for the playoffs.

Good luck to you guys at the overrated Seahawks next week. I see you smoking them. 38-14. Sea is not good.

He'a got a great arm and just looks good out there to me. After watching Cinci against Indy, I'd say you have a good shot, especially if Cinci emphasizes their running game again. I understand why they thought that was a good idea but ... they have no running game.

The Seahawks haven't played well but they are at home and need a victory here. Still, their defense is off as is their running game.

Medford Bronco
12-19-2006, 07:12 AM
He'a got a great arm and just looks good out there to me. After watching Cinci against Indy, I'd say you have a good shot, especially if Cinci emphasizes their running game again. I understand why they thought that was a good idea but ... they have no running game.

The Seahawks haven't played well but they are at home and need a victory here. Still, their defense is off as is their running game.

I hope so that Denver plays well with their defense from games 1-6.

I honestly do not see SD losing to the Seahawks. As long as Rivers is a bit better than on Sunday night and I know he will be.

SD 31 Sea 17. Good luck to you guys. :Beer: