PDA

View Full Version : Nice glimpse of your future Bronco fan.

tjwash
12-11-2006, 10:38 AM
Unfortunately for you, Jay Cutler aint it.

It's a good thing that our DB's went to the "can't hold on to a pass to save their lives" school of football. The rook should have had 3 more INT's to go along with that spanking he got in the backfield, and the final score could have been easily 55-10.

The kid got one legitamite touchdown after the D softened up like crazy in the 3rd quarter. The rest was pure blind stinkin' luck. How many of passes were dropped by our corners yesterday that were right in their hands? 3? 4? And one that went through the hands, bounced off the chest and into the wideouts hands? Passes knocked down by D-linemen?

Donkey fans are calling this guy their future? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/tjwash/rofl.gif

Welcome to our world after Dan Fouts retired, Bronco Fan. You may find another great QB in, oh, 20 or so years from now.

Stone
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
http://chargers.com/assets/158/30594_699w393h.jpg

BoltsfanNYC
12-11-2006, 10:45 AM
He is a good QB, Jay pick your head up, everyone has those days.... you lost to the best team in football. in their house.

Medford Bronco
12-11-2006, 11:00 AM

It's a good thing that our DB's went to the "can't hold on to a pass to save their lives" school of football. The rook should have had 3 more INT's to go along with that spanking he got in the backfield, and the final score could have been easily 55-10.

The kid got one legitamite touchdown after the D softened up like crazy in the 3rd quarter. The rest was pure blind stinkin' luck. How many of passes were dropped by our corners yesterday that were right in their hands? 3? 4? And one that went through the hands, bounced off the chest and into the wideouts hands? Passes knocked down by D-linemen?

Donkey fans are calling this guy their future? http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v159/tjwash/rofl.gif

Welcome to our world after Dan Fouts retired, Bronco Fan. You may find another great QB in, oh, 20 or so years from now.

I think you are being a bit hard on him. Drew Brees was not the best right away.

He was beat by the best team in the NFL. Enough said.

Even Elway struggled at first.
If you judge this guy on 2 games, well then to each his own.

Look at JP Losman, It took him about 2 years but he is finally coming around.

1.21Gigawatts
12-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Actually, Cutler looked pretty good. He's got a strong arm. I think he'll do well.

JCDavey
12-11-2006, 11:33 AM

Welcome to our world after Dan Fouts retired, Bronco Fan. You may find another great QB in, oh, 20 or so years from now.i think you're way off, the kid looks very good IMO

you have to remember he is a rookie and he does have a run blocking oline

grunt1058
12-11-2006, 12:43 PM
I thought he did OK. Nothing spectacular. But, one thing I did notice of him was something we lack in Phillip Rivers. Cuttler gave up in the 4th quarter. Almost as if he already knew he was going to lose and just accepted it.

That's a trait y'all can have for your QB. We like ours just the way he is. A CHAMPION weather he's winning or loseing. Our QB doesn't give up until the clock reads 0.0 seconds.

Medford Bronco
12-11-2006, 12:55 PM
I thought he did OK. Nothing spectacular. But, one thing I did notice of him was something we lack in Phillip Rivers. Cuttler gave up in the 4th quarter. Almost as if he already knew he was going to lose and just accepted it.

That's a trait y'all can have for your QB. We like ours just the way he is. A CHAMPION weather he's winning or loseing. Our QB doesn't give up until the clock reads 0.0 seconds.

I disagree with you. He did not give up. His oline is bad now and he had no time to throw.

Rivers does have the luxury of having the best RB maybe of all time behind him. That is a huge advagtage for you guys.

Good luck and I hope next year Den can get closer to the level the Chargers are at now.

Totally Bolted
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
:D I disagree with you. He did not give up. His oline is bad now and he had no time to throw.

Rivers does have the luxury of having the best RB maybe of all time behind him. That is a huge advagtage for you guys.

Good luck and I hope next year Den can get closer to the level the Chargers are at now.

I don't think he gave up either. He just didn't get time to throw plus I think he started to get rattled. This was a huge game amd to throw rookie into a game like that is alot of pressure. He handled well for 3/4 of the game. He does have a strong arm and is mobile.
But hopefully, he won't succeed. I like the Chargers on top.:D

grunt1058
12-11-2006, 01:31 PM
I disagree with you. He did not give up. His oline is bad now and he had no time to throw.

His O Line did an OK job the first 3/4s of the game. He scrambled when he had to. His throws looked razor sharp the first 3/4s as well. 3rd quarter, he was on fire.

By the mid 4th quarter, he seemed to lose his fire and was just going through the motions. Granted, his O line collapsed a lot more (who's wouldn't against those front 7 of ours) and he didn't scramble as well. His throws seemed to be much weaker then the first 3/4 of the game.

I don't hate the Broncos. I try to keep an unbiased opinion on everyone I watch. I even talked to several Broncos followers here where I work and they all said they noticed the same thing.

Not trying to bash. Just making an observation.

Califor
12-11-2006, 01:47 PM
I was actually impressed with his improvment from last week to this.

I have a deep longstanding hatred for Denver, Oakland, and Kansas City, but you can see talent no matter what team its on.

Medford Bronco
12-11-2006, 02:27 PM
His O Line did an OK job the first 3/4s of the game. He scrambled when he had to. His throws looked razor sharp the first 3/4s as well. 3rd quarter, he was on fire.

By the mid 4th quarter, he seemed to lose his fire and was just going through the motions. Granted, his O line collapsed a lot more (who's wouldn't against those front 7 of ours) and he didn't scramble as well. His throws seemed to be much weaker then the first 3/4 of the game.

I don't hate the Broncos. I try to keep an unbiased opinion on everyone I watch. I even talked to several Broncos followers here where I work and they all said they noticed the same thing.

Not trying to bash. Just making an observation.

Thanks for your honest assessment. I hope then Shanny (For our sake it is) kicks his rear if he "gave up"

BTW good luck next week vs KC.

I see SD 34 KC 21 (they have LJ for some points)

gazork
12-11-2006, 02:46 PM
He is a good QB, Jay pick your head up, everyone has those days.... you lost to the best team in football. in their house.

Denver is the team I love to hate but Cutler has a GREAT arm - the question will be how much field awareness he has as his career progresses.

My guess is that he is going to be very good and we will have some great matchups between him and Rivers in the years ahead.

56lightsout56
12-11-2006, 02:57 PM
I think the kid did fine. it's only his second game. Kinda looked like PR from last years Denver game. did some good things. he just needs to get more experience.

I dont think he gave up. I do think he was frustrated in that he thought he could do more than he did. one thing he has to do is to play under center. He was mostly a shotgun QB in college, but he can work on that.

Medford Bronco
12-11-2006, 03:14 PM
I think the kid did fine. it's only his second game. Kinda looked like PR from last years Denver game. did some good things. he just needs to get more experience.

I dont think he gave up. I do think he was frustrated in that he thought he could do more than he did. one thing he has to do is to play under center. He was mostly a shotgun QB in college, but he can work on that.

Good post, thank you :Beer:

I hope he can play well next week and we have a chance at a playoff spot still. I am not holding my breath as Denver will have to play perfect to beat Cincy, which is not likely IMHO

2Big4U
12-11-2006, 03:20 PM
i think you're way off, the kid looks very good IMO

you have to remember he is a rookie and he does have a run blocking oline
lol Funny sig, but I think that will only hold true if we face the saints and lose. But I like helping out the little people and that place needed brees

The Chief
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
I thought Cutler did "OK" yesterday. Certainly *tried* to put his team back into it in the third quarter. I thought he threw some nice balls and a few duds.

ftwbolt
12-11-2006, 09:27 PM

Let's be fair ! He's a rookie and his second start.
Some on this Forum wanted Brees out of Town before he had a chance to get more playing time in the NFL.

He is going to get better, let's just hope, not good enough to beat our Bolts ! :rolleyes: :)

baphamet
12-13-2006, 09:45 AM
I think you are being a bit hard on him. Drew Brees was not the best right away.

He was beat by the best team in the NFL. Enough said.

Even Elway struggled at first.
If you judge this guy on 2 games, well then to each his own.

Look at JP Losman, It took him about 2 years but he is finally coming around.

agreed, cutler looked good for his second start as a rook...actually i thought he handled the pressure of the best pass rush in the NFL quite well, all things considered.

nitrojunkee
12-13-2006, 01:42 PM
Well, all I have to say after listening to local radio shows here in Denver is, im sure tired of hearing how "big" Cutlers arm is....Who gives a crap? What the hell does that mean anymore, even more, when has it ever really mattered? How many QB's with big arms over the years never even panned out? Ryan Leaf was drafted for his "big" arm, we all know how that turned out. David Carr? yeah. There are many more examples, but i'll stop there.

What I would be more concerned with, is the fact that Cutler has looked like a deer in headlights out there, with no confidence or leadership qualities whatsoever. He doesnt take command in the huddle or at the line of scrimmage. I dont care if he's a rookie, at this level you either have those tangables or you dont, and it sure looks like he doesnt. Rivers may not be a rookie, but he's just as much as a first year starter as Cutler is in that department, and the two looked worlds apart in their first two starts. Ive never felt scared with Rivers behind center this year from snap number one. He commands the field when he takes it, and thats truly what you want from your franchise QB. All the great QB's in history have been leaders on the field, and that more than a "big arm" is what really gets it done !

All in all, I will say Cutler had a few brief glimpses, but leaves very little to be desired as far as im concerned. The fun part will be seeing if Mr. Shannahan is truely the great coach everyone thinks he is thus far, and is able to finally mold a young QB into something great....hasn't done it yet.

Medford Bronco
12-13-2006, 04:02 PM
Well, all I have to say after listening to local radio shows here in Denver is, im sure tired of hearing how "big" Cutlers arm is....Who gives a crap? What the hell does that mean anymore, even more, when has it ever really mattered? How many QB's with big arms over the years never even panned out? Ryan Leaf was drafted for his "big" arm, we all know how that turned out. David Carr? yeah. There are many more examples, but i'll stop there.

What I would be more concerned with, is the fact that Cutler has looked like a deer in headlights out there, with no confidence or leadership qualities whatsoever. He doesnt take command in the huddle or at the line of scrimmage. I dont care if he's a rookie, at this level you either have those tangables or you dont, and it sure looks like he doesnt. Rivers may not be a rookie, but he's just as much as a first year starter as Cutler is in that department, and the two looked worlds apart in their first two starts. Ive never felt scared with Rivers behind center this year from snap number one. He commands the field when he takes it, and thats truly what you want from your franchise QB. All the great QB's in history have been leaders on the field, and that more than a "big arm" is what really gets it done !

All in all, I will say Cutler had a few brief glimpses, but leaves very little to be desired as far as im concerned. The fun part will be seeing if Mr. Shannahan is truely the great coach everyone thinks he is thus far, and is able to finally mold a young QB into something great....hasn't done it yet.

Did Elway have "it" in his rookie year when he lined up behind the guard. That is the definition of a "deer in the headlights"

I think some are being way too harsh on the kid. 2 starts in the NFL and we are ready to compare to the looney Ryan Leaf.

This kid will be fine. Give him a chance. Elway, Aikman and many others did not lite it up as a rookie

Currimos
12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Yah I dont know what the original poster was talking about. Given that this was Cutlers second start, I thought he did pretty well. As has been noted, he showed glimpses of his talent, but eventually was just overwhelmed. I would wager that the Broncos are going to miss the playoffs this year. But give this kid a full training camp next summer as the starter, and Denver should be ok next year, and really make some noise in 2 years. Which sucks. Why cant you guys suck for awhile, let us run the division with ease.

Buck Melanoma
12-13-2006, 04:46 PM
Cutler was my pick of the "Big 3" who came out last year. I still believe that, in the long run, he'll be a very good QB. It ain't easy starting your 2nd game ever in the pros & watching #56 bearing down on you!

If the Broncos want him to be their guy, I think they'd better find a good QB coach.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2006, 09:02 AM
Cutler was my pick of the "Big 3" who came out last year. I still believe that, in the long run, he'll be a very good QB. It ain't easy starting your 2nd game ever in the pros & watching #56 bearing down on you!

If the Broncos want him to be their guy, I think they'd better find a good QB coach.

I think they better find him some better offensive lineman and another good WR to compliment Walker.

GoMathews
12-14-2006, 09:40 AM
Terrible choice to start Culter this late into the year. Broncos better hope that by starting him too soon doesn't delay his development.

bolts4ever21
12-14-2006, 01:32 PM
Cutler is a much better option than Plummer. That should be enough for the change. And I think Cutler will do just fine in Denver.

Medford Bronco
12-14-2006, 02:45 PM
Cutler is a much better option than Plummer. That should be enough for the change. And I think Cutler will do just fine in Denver.

In the long run I believe Cutler will make many forget (hopefully Bronco fans for me at least) Jake the Mistake.

sanluischargerfan
12-14-2006, 03:13 PM
In the long run I believe Cutler will make many forget (hopefully Bronco fans for me at least) Jake the Mistake.

Hey ya Med! This Sunday will be a big test for Jay and the team. We will see what they are made of when they play the Cards a team they should beat.

The thing that is problematic for Denver's future is the loss of your Starting left tackle. That is huge problem considering he just signed a big contract and now has to have micro fracture surgery. So not only is the players career in jeopardy there is a big cap hit with dead money tied up in this players contract. I don't mean to put salt in the wounds it is just that this may slow Jays development as it hurt Jake's play as well when Lepis Spell ? went down.

So this injury hurts Denver's future because I think as important as the QB is he can't do a thing without good protection. Denver is always in cap trouble and Lepis injury doesn't help. Things could get worse before they get better due to the salary cap and the contracts that Denver gave last off season.

So what kind of rabbit is Mike going to pull out of his hat to turn things around? Should be interesting.