PDA

View Full Version : Let's watch the Chiefs fall apart like a crappy muffin.

ChargerCohen
12-20-2006, 03:29 PM
I thought this deserved its own thread:

http://www.benmaller.com/nfl_rumors_notes

"Kansas City talks aimed at new contracts for Larry Johnson and Tony Gonzalez have stalled. The Chiefs could try to revive talks with each player in the coming days, and might need to with Gonzalez scheduled to become an unrestricted free agent after this season and Johnson scheduled to become one after next season. But with so many teams so flush with money, Gonzalez could hit a bonanza on the open market, as would Johnson. Either way, the Chiefs have to buckle down on the field and off it."

I've seen this thought pop up in a few places now: With all the money out there in free agency this coming offseason, and considering how strapped the Chiefs are (huge contract to Ty Law? Really?) there's a serious possibility their two best offensive players could be out the door in the next year or so.

It's unbelievable. For the last few years I knew that one day, soon, the Chiefs would unravel before my very eyes. They were just too old on the offensive side, and the defense just kept signing washed up vets.

Now it appears as if it finally may be here. Roaf is gone. Shields is good as gone. Richardson is gone. Jason Dunn is mid thirties. Kennison is a mummy. Knight, Law, Surtain, and Bell are ineffective. Welbourne is done. Green will retire if he knows what's good for him. Now it is looking like Gonzo will leave (to the Saints! calling it.) and even their prized jewel Larry Johnson could definitely make more money out of town.

I think KC is at the top of the roller coaster and is about to take a huge plunge to the basement. Celebrate!

BCBoltFan
12-20-2006, 03:33 PM
I like your analogy.. like a crappy muffin. How about crumbling like feta cheese.

If LJ doesn't re-sign with KC, he's really going to limit his options since he doesn't like to have a white coach telling him what to do.

Waylon138
12-20-2006, 03:35 PM
I like your analogy.. like a crappy muffin. How about crumbling like feta cheese.

If LJ doesn't re-sign with KC, he's really going to limit his options since he doesn't like to have a white coach telling him what to do.

LOL....LJ is a racist....how can you not like Vermeil?

56lightsout56
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
according to LocoChief this wasnt going to happen even though I tried to tell him it would.

Gonzo is going to test the FA market and LJ is too.

this is a crappy dry muffin thats not going to go down easy.

mtxsound
12-20-2006, 03:37 PM
LJ also needs to realize which side his bread is buttered on. He has a great line in Kansas City, even though they are old, they know how to put together a good line year in and year out. Without that line LJ is not much, I would say if he switched teams it would be close to like Edgerrin James or Lamont Jordan, a bad move.

Totally Bolted
12-20-2006, 04:13 PM
Wow, looks like there's hope for the Raiders getting out of the cellar. KC may just push their way in there.

baphamet
12-20-2006, 05:16 PM
i think everybody knew this was going to happen except the chiefs homers, i was calling this since before the season started, they are just to old and decrepit and will need to go through a hard rebuilding process.

however, if they let LJ go they will be screwed, thats their best player and he is still young...they need to pay that guy what he wants or they will be the new cellar dwellers on the entire league.

TJ21
12-20-2006, 05:34 PM

He can rule out the Colts along with all the other teams run by white coaches since it's clearly Peyton Manning who's calling the shots. :-/ What does that apathetic looking guy named Dungy do exactly?

RAWDOGG
12-20-2006, 05:51 PM
I will enjoy watching the DOnks fall apart like a "crappy muffin" also

BoLT55
12-22-2006, 12:53 AM
LJ would be a good fit in Chicago.....whadda ya think?

BoLT55
12-22-2006, 12:57 AM
I really don't care where LJ goes...just as long as its out of the AFC West!!

bolthead123
12-23-2006, 12:35 PM
I will enjoy watching the DOnks fall apart like a "crappy muffin" also

I'm with you on that one.
Unfortunately, I don't think its going to last more than a season. Based on the last 25 years I have to say that the donk's organization and its management have their act together and I have a feeling that new quarterback of theirs is going to be a pain in the rear for a long time. The good news is that it will force our organization to stay sharp.

hankster
12-23-2006, 10:06 PM
I'm troubled by the comments that LJ is a racist and will only deal with a non white coach. Where did that come from? That is something I've never seen except on this forum. You need to back up that kind of bshoot or it's racist on your part. What is your response?

BCBoltFan
12-24-2006, 10:36 AM
I'm troubled by the comments that LJ is a racist and will only deal with a non white coach. Where did that come from? That is something I've never seen except on this forum. You need to back up that kind of bshoot or it's racist on your part. What is your response?
From his own mouth.
Are you the only football fan that didn't see the vid or read the interview?

travelmonkeys
12-24-2006, 07:52 PM
I definitely think the AFC West battle for the next few years will be between the Chargers and Denver. KC isn't that good now plus they're old, especially in the passing game. Denver I'm more concerned about because Cutler has major potential and with that D who knows.

SDpowderblues
12-28-2006, 03:27 AM
So nice to see them fall apart.

Spank
12-28-2006, 06:28 AM
My 12 year old daughter says muffins are just ugly cupcakes hoping for attention.

The Chiefs, Haiders and Donks are ugly cupcakes.

MDChargerFan
12-28-2006, 06:43 AM

Its personal knowledge for me. I played for his father in high school and he has always had a problem with white coaches going all the way back to pop warner.

ChargerCohen
12-28-2006, 09:49 AM
He came out and said it, it's not hearsay.

LJ to Chicago couldn't happen. Thomas Jones is their guy, plus they have number 4 overall pick Cedric Benson finally getting something going.

I think LJ to the Jets is a possibility if he doesn't stay in KC.