PDA

View Full Version : Total Division Dominance...

TJ21
12-21-2006, 05:37 PM
The AFC West is the most competitive and difficult division in football. And it has been for the past 5 seasons. It's the only division in football besides the NFC South that hasn't had a consecutive champion at least once in the past five seasons. And the NFC South doesn't have anywhere near the winning percentage the AFC West has. The AFC West is also the only division to have 4 different champions in 4 years, from 2002 to 2005. So... it's still up for the taking. The division and the longevity of consecutive championships will go to the mighty. Who will stand up and take the mighty crown? Who will be the Patriots of the West? The Colts of the West? It will be the San Diego Chargers.

In 5 years, the only team to win the Championship more than once is the Chargers. In 3 years, the team with the highest winning percentage... is the Chargers.

Chargers - 33-13
Broncos - 31-15
Chiefs - 24-22
Raiders - 11-35

We've swept the new-look Broncos in the Jay Cutler era. We sacked, pillaged and destroyed the new Broncos quarterback. And admitately, this battle will be between the Chargers and the Broncos. It's a battle between a quarterback with the awareness and tenacity of Joe Montana and a quarterback with the arm and gunslinging style of Brett Favre. Jay Cutler is 0-1 against the Chargers, Philip Rivers is 2-0 against the Broncos. Let's keep the zeros where they are. :Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Beer:

SuperBowlBolts
12-21-2006, 05:58 PM
The AFC West is the most competitive and difficult division in football. And it has been for the past 5 seasons. It's the only division in football besides the NFC South that hasn't had a consecutive champion at least once in the past five seasons. And the NFC South doesn't have anywhere near the winning percentage the AFC West has. The AFC West is also the only division to have 4 different champions in 4 years, from 2002 to 2005. So... it's still up for the taking. The division and the longevity of consecutive championships will go to the mighty. Who will stand up and take the mighty crown? Who will be the Patriots of the West? The Colts of the West? It will be the San Diego Chargers.

In 5 years, the only team to win the Championship more than once is the Chargers. In 3 years, the team with the highest winning percentage... is the Chargers.

Chargers - 33-13
Broncos - 31-15
Chiefs - 24-22
Raiders - 11-35

We've swept the new-look Broncos in the Jay Cutler era. We sacked, pillaged and destroyed the new Broncos quarterback. And admitately, this battle will be between the Chargers and the Broncos. It's a battle between a quarterback with the awareness and tenacity of Joe Montana and a quarterback with the arm and gunslinging style of Brett Favre. Jay Cutler is 0-1 against the Chargers, Philip Rivers is 2-0 against the Broncos. Let's keep the zeros where they are. :Beer: :Beer: :Beer: :Beer:
um yah we swept the broncos but not the broncos with cutler at the helm.

JCDavey
12-21-2006, 06:06 PM
um yah we swept the broncos but not the broncos with cutler at the helm.he played the 2nd game and TJ did put 0-1 for cutler

leftyinthepen
12-21-2006, 06:10 PM
it is an old school division....all old time members of the AFL...a lot of years for a lot of hate.....

don't y'all love it?

TJ21
12-21-2006, 06:14 PM
um yah we swept the broncos but not the broncos with cutler at the helm.
That doesn't make any sense. We're 1-0 against the Cutler led Broncos, this is the Cutler era, these are the new-look Broncos, and we've swept them no matter how you cut it.

Nomad
12-21-2006, 10:11 PM
I don't know about the rest of you, but next year might not be so easy against Denver. I think Cutler will prove to be one heck of a good QB. If they fix some of their other problems, they will a very hard opponent. :Bolt: :Football:

Thunderstruck21
12-21-2006, 11:50 PM
i agree, cutler is looking better, but our team is still young enough to maintain their dominance, whereas Denver it seems is aging.

DefenseWins
12-22-2006, 07:43 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but next year might not be so easy against Denver. I think Cutler will prove to be one heck of a good QB. If they fix some of their other problems, they will a very hard opponent. :Bolt: :Football:
Would agree with that assessment Nomad. If Cutlet continues to improve, it'll be a dog fight next year if they can infuse some younger talent on the defensive side of the ball.

Meanwhile, Chokeland is quietly putting together an excellent defense and if they can infuse some talent on the offensive side of the ball, they could cause problems as well.

Think the AFC West next year will be determined by out-of-division games :Bolt:

LTfan10
12-22-2006, 09:44 AM
as of now its hard to say its the best division because of how bad the raiders and and how the broncos have a young QB, but we are easily the most competitive division as a whole in the AFC

Medford Bronco
12-22-2006, 10:19 AM

Good honest post. I agree, this division is hardly going to be dominated by one team. Yes SD did well this year and in 04. Denver in 05.

Who knows about 06 and I still see KC in the mix. Arrowhead is always a good tough place to play.

Good luck to SD in the playoffs this year. I HOPE denver makes it. Most likely if they do it will be one and done.

Merry Christmas to the Chargers and I hope you guys win it all for the AFC west :Beer:

baphamet
12-22-2006, 10:30 AM
Good honest post. I agree, this division is hardly going to be dominated by one team. Yes SD did well this year and in 04. Denver in 05.

Who knows about 06 and I still see KC in the mix. Arrowhead is always a good tough place to play.

Good luck to SD in the playoffs this year. I HOPE denver makes it. Most likely if they do it will be one and done.

Merry Christmas to the Chargers and I hope you guys win it all for the AFC west :Beer:

while i agree Denver will be in the mix next year as always I'm not so sure about KC, they are about to hit a rebuilding stage and will be fighting jokeland for the bottom spot of the AFC west.

well maybe they wont be quite that bad but i don't see them making the playoffs next year just as i said they wouldn't make it this year.

especially if they lose TG and LJ like some feel might happen, they are an old and decrepit team and I'm loving it! :LightsOut:

OverVolt
12-24-2006, 12:17 AM

Agreed, I think Cutler looks like he's got great upside. And with Shanahan at the wheel, this team will always be dangerous...as the Bengals will find out this weekend.
But the Bolts will also have an improvement at QB next year...there's no reason to think Rivers is going anywhere but higher. The young receivers will be better, if the O-line puts in another season all together they will be even better.
Our team will also be better next year...scary thought...

Empyre03
12-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Cutler will definitely improve and the Broncos will once again be a team to contend with. The good thing for us is we've got a lot of young talent to keep us playing at this level for a few more years. If Oakland can get their act together they have a shot at being a contender. I do think, though, that their problems are deeper than just talent.

Blake
12-24-2006, 03:09 AM
I have a feeling that Denver will be a great team next year. They already have a ton of weapons to work with.

I even think the Raiders will turn it around next year with the great draft picks they are going to get. They should be able to get a great running back and a offensive line together. I don't know if I would count on Walters as my quarterback though...

Nomad
12-24-2006, 06:25 AM
I have a feeling that Denver will be a great team next year. They already have a ton of weapons to work with.

I even think the Raiders will turn it around next year with the great draft picks they are going to get. They should be able to get a great running back and a offensive line together. I don't know if I would count on Walters as my quarterback though...

After watching the Faiders play last night, I think Walters will do a good job for them, if they can get an O-line together. He has not had any time in the pocket this year. I think it comes down to him being good enough to win a lot of games and they have so many holes to fill. If the Faiders draft a first round QB next draft, I think it is a mistake.

tjwash
12-24-2006, 09:49 AM
I see our only competition coming from Denver next year, even though they have a rookie QB that so far can't win against anyone but last place NFC doormats, and a defense that tires out and gets pushed around late in the game. They do have a great running game however, and have the ability to control the clock; so that in itself will keep them in every game that they play.

Oakland is deep in salary cap hell, and will be the garbage team of the AFC for years to come. Hope they enjoyed leveraging the next 5 years or so for the privelidge of getting blown out by Tampa in the SB a few years ago.

KC is in full meltdown mode, has a gimpy, beat up old man for a QB that is one sack away from permanent medical retirement, and a running back that is starting to be very vocal about his disdain for playing in KC. Next year they will be lucky to have any offensive weapons at all.