PDA

View Full Version : NE Clam Chowder - remix

Pages : [1] 2 3

oklahomasooners
12-27-2004, 02:57 PM
Is there anyone else that just cannot stand the New England Patriots? I can't stand anything about them, esp. their fans. I remember a while back, one of there fans just dissed the Chargers on NFL Live when they went tailgating. One of the fans asked a question that went something like this, "Are the Jets really that good of a team? They have a winning record, but they have only played teams in the WNFL." I was so p!ssed off. I hope the Pats loose.

Boltdiehard
12-27-2004, 04:20 PM
They're New Englanders- of course I hate them.

chargertom
12-27-2004, 07:28 PM
Team fans from Boston of any sport SUCK!! They're all holier than thou rejects. New England is done for this year. There is too much talent for them to make it back to the big show, and they're too beat up. Mark this date down ... I'm calling San Diego and Atlanta in the big show this year. I just have a hunch .. and a few hopes!! i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif

Go Chargers!!

chargerfan14
12-28-2004, 11:28 AM
I think Southern California types are bandwagon NE haters! Try living in NY where we have hated the Splats forever! lol

JDaySoCal
12-28-2004, 11:33 AM
The only thing I like about the Pats is Rodney Harrison.

PatriotsCanWin
01-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by: chargertom
Team fans from Boston of any sport SUCK!! They're all holier than thou rejects. New England is done for this year. There is too much talent for them to make it back to the big show, and they're too beat up. Mark this date down ... I'm calling San Diego and Atlanta in the big show this year. I just have a hunch .. and a few hopes!!

Go Chargers!!

huh? Did you just say the Pats have too much talent to make it to the show?

SteelTeen1322
01-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I like NOTHING about the patriots...i dislike their fans and their team

Steelgirl
01-08-2005, 09:52 AM
I can't stand the Patriots either. The fans and the team are so smug it's unreal. Nothing was sweeter this year than ending their winning streak. Of course I'm hoping for a Steelers Superbowl victory, but as long as it's not the Patriots, I'll be happy.

SteelTeen1322
01-08-2005, 02:27 PM
Patriots/Steelers (http://mm.dfilm.com/mm2s/mm_route.php?id=2192222)

LABoltsFan
10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=2E945557E5E4DDF248A04F45462FE8CB? id=09000d5d8038daeb&template=with-video&confirm=true

Interesting.

I know from our rivalry days that Moss is susceptible to big hits. A few good licks and his productivity definitely does decrease.

IMHO, AJ's words for our failure last year will ring true for the Pats...
"Peaked too early"

I'm not suggesting that they arent legit, i just dont buy into the "perfect" season, "best team ever" hype.

hegor
10-24-2007, 01:07 AM
Weather, injuries, and ego.

A blizzard in NE could derail their passing game. A ground and pound game they could be beaten.

Injuries, no explanation needed. I don't wish them on any player, but its a fact of life.

Ego, enough said.

DrTran
10-24-2007, 01:25 AM
Madden and Collinsworth discussed this after the Sunday night game.

They mentioned how Maroney looked terrible and how weather was their biggest obstacle.

SanDiegosOnFire
10-24-2007, 01:31 AM
ummmmmmmmm
steroid supply to boston being cut off?

thats about all i can think of...

TipRoast
10-24-2007, 05:48 AM
ummmmmmmmm
steroid supply to boston being cut off?

thats about all i can think of...
I presume you're referring to the Rodney Harrison HGH incident?

HGH is not a steroid, but using it is violation of the drug policy.

Glass houses...

TurTLe
10-24-2007, 06:04 AM
We'll see how good the New England receivers are after this weekend when they play a tough secondary. If Brady throws to Moss in double coverage like this past weekend, Taylor and Landry will decleat him.

DDMALO
10-24-2007, 07:18 AM

Glass houses...
Trolls... Why are Patsy trolls still lurking around here? Don't you guys have other teams to worry about for the time being? As for the Pats' Achilles Heel, it's simply karma. I look for some strange series of events to derail this team in the playoffs because they deserve to be derailed. Also, a team with a good pass rush and a solid secondary could give the Pats all they want and more on any given day. I still can't figure out why teams aren't sending the house to get some licks in on Brady and force his hand. If you give him all day, he'll beat you. Personally, I'd take my chances with the quick slants before I'd send four and let him take a nap in the pocket. At least you'd put some good licks on him. On that note, teams are playing these dirty cheaters much too cleanly. I'd take some pot shots at Moss and Brady, especially if my team was way behind and the game was over but Belicheat was still playing his starters and airing it out as has been the case a few times this year. Send a 330 pound backup lineman in there to piledrive Golden Boy and have a headhunting safety clean Candy Randy's clock as well. Classless to keep throwing and running up the score when you've got a team beat. What a demented maniac Belicheat must be. "What goes around comes around", "you reap what you sow", (insert your own testament to cosmic justice here _______)...

TipRoast
10-24-2007, 07:32 AM
Trolls... Why are Patsy trolls still lurking around here? Don't you guys have other teams to worry about for the time being? As for the Pats' Achilles Heel, it's simply karma. I look for some strange series of events to derail this team in the playoffs because they deserve to be derailed. Also, a team with a good pass rush and a solid secondary could give the Pats all they want and more on any given day. I still can't figure out why teams aren't sending the house to get some licks in on Brady and force his hand. If you give him all day, he'll beat you. Personally, I'd take my chances with the quick slants before I'd send four and let him take a nap in the pocket. At least you'd put some good licks on him. On that note, teams are playing these dirty cheaters much too cleanly. I'd take some pot shots at Moss and Brady, especially if my team was way behind and the game was over but Belicheat was still playing his starters and airing it out as has been the case a few times this year. Send a 330 pound backup lineman in there to piledrive Golden Boy and have a headhunting safety clean Candy Randy's clock as well. Classless to keep throwing and running up the score when you've got a team beat. What a demented maniac Belicheat must be. "What goes around comes around", "you reap what you sow", (insert your own testament to cosmic justice here _______)...
Classy post.

howard
10-24-2007, 07:37 AM
Calm down that was the past and it's stopped. You can't argue that the Patriots aren't the team of the decade, and this season they are the team to beat clearly. It used to be they would sneak in and just win a couple big games, but now its apparent that they are dominating the league. To beat them all I can think of is to keep their offense of the field, and to have consistent and long drives. They are going to score, but your offense and special teams needs to beat em.

thumper300zx
10-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Classy post.

"Who's that trotting over my bridge?" Growled the troll from under the bridge.

http://www.thumper300zx.com/troll2.jpg

Hollow
10-24-2007, 08:59 AM

Are you guys secretely in love with Tom Brady???? DO we need 2-3 new threads about the Patriots every day?

DDMALO
10-24-2007, 09:07 AM

http://www.thumper300zx.com/troll2.jpgNice, and ever so lifelike!

TipRoast
10-24-2007, 09:15 AM

http://www.thumper300zx.com/troll2.jpg
That can't be me, my eyes are brown.

Otherwise, a good likeness.

DDMALO
10-24-2007, 09:28 AM
Are you guys secretely in love with Tom Brady???? DO we need 2-3 new threads about the Patriots every day?I was responding to a Pats troll buddy, not creating threads about Brady. If you don't like it, your solution is quite simple: don't read the threads and certainly don't respond to them. I personally haven't seen too many Brady lovers advocating knocking him on his ass to send a message to Belicheat. If you're wondering why someone would start a thread that addresses the views of the national pundits with regard to Patriot weaknesses, the fact that they're 7-0 and that Brady has thrown like 27 TDs to 2 Ints is probably a pretty good reason why they're drawing attention. I checked this thread out because I don't understand why teams (the Bolts included) haven't sent the house after Golden Boy and cleaned contact shy Randy Moss's clock, period. If you're going to go down, then go down swinging, eh? Then again, maybe you're the one in love with Brady (as you seemingly pulled that idea out of your ass) and this is all a smoke screen and a plea for everybody to leave your beloved Golden Boy alone. Do you throw darts at a poster of Giselle with a mustache on it? At least come up with some decent points if you're going to insult fellow Bolts fans, pal.

Onyournrvs
10-24-2007, 09:28 AM
"Peaked too early"

I'm not suggesting that they arent legit, i just dont buy into the "perfect" season, "best team ever" hype.
Seriously man, come on. What have you seen that makes you think that? Other than sour grapes, I can't think of anything.

You say you don't buy into the "perfect" season, "best team ever" hype? Umm, we're almost to the halfway mark and they're poised to shatter every scoring record known to the NFL. They're also poised to go undefeated, at least in the regular season. Brady will crush Peyton's single season record handily. Seriously, who's going to stop them? Possibly the Colts, but no one else is even coming close to being able to challenge them.

Me? I'm buying in to the hype. They're just too good. I'd love to hear you qualify your doubt by at least offering some justification for your skepticism.

DDMALO
10-24-2007, 09:33 AM
Seriously man, come on. What have you seen that makes you think that? Other than sour grapes, I can't think of anything.

You say you don't buy into the "perfect" season, "best team ever" hype? Umm, we're almost to the halfway mark and they're poised to shatter every scoring record known to the NFL. They're also poised to go undefeated, at least in the regular season. Brady will crush Peyton's single season record handily. Seriously, who's going to stop them? Possibly the Colts, but no one else is even coming close to being able to challenge them.

Me? I'm buying in to the hype. They're just too good. I'd love to hear you qualify your doubt by at least offering some justification for your skepticism.
David slew Goliath with a sling and a stone
Samson slew the Philistines with a donkey jaw bone...
Charger Fan Live Up!

thumper300zx
10-24-2007, 09:37 AM
David slew Goliath with a sling and a stone
Samson slew the Philistines with a donkey jaw bone...
Charger Fan Live Up!

...it's a matter of David slew Goliath. The Chargers are becoming who we thought they were. We're still underdogs, but we're getting back to being the team "nearly" nobody wants to play.

LT82
10-24-2007, 09:38 AM
I just hope Foxborough is finally selling out...lololol

BTW We still have a half a season left the Pats schedule isn't exactly peaches from here on out... Why is onurnurvs such a drama queen? =/

Equalizir
10-24-2007, 10:10 AM
Well the Patriots arent going to stay healthy all year. I dont think Moss can last a whole season without missing some games. They did peak early and might fizzle out sometime down the road.

The Moekid
10-24-2007, 10:20 AM

They haven't been challenged yet this year in a physical sense. If some team decides to really get after them it might be interesting. Brady is a QB God with time in the pocket. Without as much time, his accuracy takes a big drop. Moss is Moss.

I can remember a few years ago when Minnesota had Moss and Culppeper and broke every scoring record with Billick as the offensive coordinator, went 15-1 and lost the conference championship to the Atlanta Falcons.

Any team can be beat.

TipRoast
10-24-2007, 10:25 AM
They haven't been challenged yet this year in a physical sense. If some team decides to really get after them it might be interesting. Brady is a QB God with time in the pocket. Without as much time, his accuracy takes a big drop. Moss is Moss.

I can remember a few years ago when Minnesota had Moss and Culppeper and broke every scoring record with Billick as the offensive coordinator, went 15-1 and lost the conference championship to the Atlanta Falcons.

Any team can be beat.
Dallas is not a physical team?

The Moekid
10-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Dallas is not a physical team?
they're soft

Obi Wan Jacoby
10-24-2007, 10:38 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story;jsessionid=2E945557E5E4DDF248A04F45462FE8CB? id=09000d5d8038daeb&template=with-video&confirm=true

Interesting.

I know from our rivalry days that Moss is susceptible to big hits. A few good licks and his productivity definitely does decrease.

"Peaked too early"

im posotive the colts takem down..... they havnt played a good defense all year......

Der_BlitzSchlag
10-24-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow, another Patriots thread. What a surprise!. In any case, if it belongs anywhere, it should be put under:

"Inside the NFL" sub-category.

SDHEATCHARGER21
10-24-2007, 10:50 AM

Interesting.

"Peaked too early"

Its a pretty fair topic because the road to glory is going to be through New Engalng by all means, and no matter what people say about the Chargers this team will be in the playoffs period.

charger1_sj
10-24-2007, 11:00 AM
im posotive the colts takem down..... they havnt played a good defense all year......

The Colts have beaten the Pats the last 2 times they have played. I'm pretty sure it doesn't sit well with Belichick. The Pats have interesting games against Pittsburgh, Baltimore and the final regular season game with the Giants. If they have clinched home field advantage by the time they face the Giants, then that game becomes interesting. The season is still young but if the Pats continue to play at this level the possibility of going undefeated is real.

LightsOut4ever
10-24-2007, 11:48 AM

actually it was Randall Cunningham -- CP's first year was 99 (the 15-1 was in 98).

The Moekid
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
actually it was Randall Cunningham -- CP's first year was 99 (the 15-1 was in 98).
thanks. my memory does not serve!

BleedBlue&Gold
10-24-2007, 12:17 PM

Glass houses...
Dude...is this a reference to what's going on here in SD??? If so, that is just f*cked up, man..

LightsOut4ever
10-24-2007, 12:19 PM
Dude...is this a reference to what's going on here in SD??? If so, that is just f*cked up, man..

wow, how'd you get that one? He's likely referencing the old phrase "people in glass houses shouldn't throw rocks"

TipRoast
10-24-2007, 12:21 PM
No, it was a reference to the Merriman situation last year. Perhaps you've never seen the expression "People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

As far as the fire situation goes, I wish everyone the best possible outcome, whatever their circumstances. Losing your home and all your possessions is nothing to joke about.

Rivers+LT=SB
10-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Are you guys secretely in love with Tom Brady???? DO we need 2-3 new threads about the Patriots every day?

Says the guy trolling our boards?

Sounds like you are secretly in love with San Diego... Hell I would be too if I lived in New England.

thumper300zx
10-24-2007, 12:39 PM
Do trolls live in grass holes?

THUNDERSTORM
10-24-2007, 12:55 PM
pats threads belong in around the nfl.

RAWDOGG
10-24-2007, 12:56 PM
I don;t know the Pats look unstoppable to me

JCDavey
10-24-2007, 12:57 PM
Calm down that was the past and it's stopped. You can't argue that the Patriots aren't the team of the decade, and this season they are the team to beat clearly. It used to be they would sneak in and just win a couple big games, but now its apparent that they are dominating the league. To beat them all I can think of is to keep their offense of the field, and to have consistent and long drives. They are going to score, but your offense and special teams needs to beat em.you can say they are the team of the decade, but because of the cheating and rodney Hgharrison, you can now expect that everyone who isn't a NE fan will call into question their entire run, and you can't prove that they are wrong.

goodell having the evidence burned is even weirder, and lends to that speculation that he may have done it to protect the league, as a cheating scandal that encompassed the entire pats dynasty could be a huge black eye to the nfl, and kill their popularity.

you opened the door to be called cheaters for your entire run, just a fact.

The Moekid
10-24-2007, 01:05 PM
goodell having the evidence burned is even weirder, and lends to that speculation that he may have done it to protect the league, as a cheating scandal that encompassed the entire pats dynasty could be a huge black eye to the nfl, and kill their popularity.

i agree with this. there had to be something in there that was so potentially damaging -- a la the black sox scandal -- that it could never get out.

Der_BlitzSchlag
10-24-2007, 01:06 PM
^^ sorry JC, but all that makes us sound like a sore loser. Rodney is not the only NFL player who used HGH (but is among the few who got caught red handed) and people in glass houses should not throw out stones. Nuff said.

The other stuff about video taping, etc...Hog wash man... The Pats got even better after Goodell confiscated their material. True that Belichick is a Nixon-like character, but the Patriots live and die by Tom Brady. If they have a healthy Brady, anything is possible for them, this season. If no Brady, they will not be the same team, BY FAR, no matter as to who the coaches/owners are.

Rivers+LT=SB
10-24-2007, 01:11 PM
^^ sorry JC, but all that makes us sound like a sore loser. Rodney is not the only NFL player who used HGH (but is among the few who got caught red handed) and people in glass houses should not throw out stones. Nuff said.

The other stuff about video taping, etc...Hog wash man... The Pats got even better after Goodell confiscated their material. True that Belichick is a Nixon-like character, but the Patriots live and die by Tom Brady. If they have a healthy Brady, anything is possible for them, this season. If no Brady, they will not be the same team, BY FAR, no matter as to who the coaches/owners are.

This one time, at band camp, Brady stuck a flute in bellichick

Tomlinson21
10-24-2007, 01:20 PM
Didn't read the article but what they need right now is a dose of their own medicine...a team that can go toe to toe with them. Apparently I just dont think there is a team in the league right now that can....I thought Dallas had the firepower and the talent to make it a game...apparently that wasn't the case as they got creamed!

Not many weaknesses on that offense...it'll be tough for any team.

I just wish we had another crack at them later in the regular season because we're obviously on a roll right now....

Der_BlitzSchlag
10-24-2007, 01:24 PM
This one time, at band camp, Brady stuck a flute in bellichick

Be careful there hertzc. Tom Brady may wanna move in on your girl Megan Fox, after he is done with Gieselle:

http://img.perezhilton.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/10/megannnn__oPt.jpg

JCDavey
10-24-2007, 01:26 PM

The other stuff about video taping, etc...Hog wash man... The Pats got even better after Goodell confiscated their material. True that Belichick is a Nixon-like character, but the Patriots live and die by Tom Brady. If they have a healthy Brady, anything is possible for them, this season. If no Brady, they will not be the same team, BY FAR, no matter as to who the coaches/owners are.yeah but the difference is , i have liked the pats their entire run, even when they were beating us, they were a team i admired

look up any of my posts regarding the pats (cept the ones where i said brady was on hgh lol)

i'm just telling these pats fans what non pats fans for the most part, will think of their franchise after the cheating scandal

it's normal.

if they hadn't cheated, they wouldn't be a suspect franchise, it's just something that exists, they did it, it's on record, therefore it's very debateable that their whole franchise/ dynasty run could possibly be tainted

they opened that door, fact

JCDavey
10-24-2007, 01:28 PM
oh yes and i forgot to mention

chargers opened that door too when merriman got popped, as logical as the reasons we used to defend him (some of us)

any non charger fan could have just assumed all chargers including LT, were hopped up on something performance enhancing....and they did assume it (some fans)

we opened that door, even if merriman was innocent

door = opened

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 01:29 PM

The other stuff about video taping, etc...Hog wash man... The Pats got even better after Goodell confiscated their material. True that Belichick is a Nixon-like character, but the Patriots live and die by Tom Brady. If they have a healthy Brady, anything is possible for them, this season. If no Brady, they will not be the same team, BY FAR, no matter as to who the coaches/owners are.Tell me one team present or past who had an E-ticket quarterback that had they gotten taken out the team would have continued to be hugely successful...San Francisco, Dallas, Pittsburg, Denver? Montana, Bradshaw, Stauback or Aikman, or Elway.

Itis a foregone conclusion if any of the above went down, their team went with them...probably no different with Brady. That isn't all that profound.

Cassel is dog food, and Gut simply can't carry Brady's helmet let alone lead them deep into the playoffs. Look for Cassel to go soon.

If Brady gets seriously hurt....all bets are off.

LVchargerFan
10-24-2007, 01:32 PM
if the patriots lock up home field advantage early like around the 13th game of the season do you think that they would risk playing Brady and him getting injured? if Brady doesnt play the Pats are gonna get beat!

LVchargerFan
10-24-2007, 01:33 PM
they might even lock it up on the 12th game of the season... even increasing the chance that the starters don't play and they get beat!

LightsOut4ever
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
with the Colts playing at the level they are I doubt 12 wins would net the Pats the #1 seed.

Der_BlitzSchlag
10-24-2007, 01:37 PM
if the patriots lock up home field advantage early like around the 13th game of the season do you think that they would risk playing Brady and him getting injured? if Brady doesnt play the Pats are gonna get beat!

Yeah, I do. Bellichick is like a wounded Polar bear who will go for it all: 19-0 and will take a dump on the 1972 Dolphins, if he can help it.

LVchargerFan
10-24-2007, 01:39 PM
risk winning a superbowl to go undefeated in the regular season?

thats just plain stupid

Der_BlitzSchlag
10-24-2007, 01:50 PM
risk winning a superbowl to go undefeated in the regular season?

thats just plain stupid

Yeah, note that I said 19-0 and not 16-0.

LVchargerFan
10-24-2007, 02:02 PM
okay lets go step by step..... the pats go undefeated 13-0... the clinch home field throughout the playoffs... bellichick plays brady in order to go undefeated...he gets blindsided and suffers an injury that has him at less than 100 percent or maybe even worse and you end up having Cassel start the first playoff game... etc. etc....

this was always the dillema with the Colts when they would go 11-0 or 13-0 at the end of the season. Dungy always sat the starters referencing the commitment to winning the superbowl not the undefeated record.

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 02:42 PM
if the patriots lock up home field advantage early like around the 13th game of the season do you think that they would risk playing Brady and him getting injured? if Brady doesnt play the Pats are gonna get beat!Yes, Brady would play. That's what Brady does...he plays football. If the Patriots are to stay tuned, they need to play their top shelf guys on a regular basis.

Belichick spot plays the second and third tier players when the situation warrants their playing. He has a whole lot of players going in and out every game. He can do that this year. They are pretty deep at most every position...except quarterback.

He manages that team as he always has....look at the three SB years. How much did Brady sit?

If the O line gives Brady the protection he has received the past seven games, he should be OK..there's always the chance injury to worry about it. That's what the O line does...protects Brady. If that doesn't happen, guys will be looking for jobs.

What would the Chargers do if LT went down with a torn ACL the next game? How would they do without him the rest of the season.

Let's hope they both stay healthy.

SDfan
10-24-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes, Brady would play. That's what Brady does...he plays football. If the Patriots are to stay tuned, they need to play their top shelf guys on a regular basis.

Belichick spot plays the second and third tier players when the situation warrants their playing. He has a whole lot of players going in and out every game. He can do that this year. They are pretty deep at most every position...except quarterback.

He manages that team as he always has....look at the three SB years. How much did Brady sit?

If the O line gives Brady the protection he has received the past seven games, he should be OK..there's always the chance injury to worry about it. That's what the O line does...protects Brady. If that doesn't happen, guys will be looking for jobs.

What would the Chargers do if LT went down with a torn ACL the next game? How would they do without him the rest of the season.

Let's hope they both stay healthy.

charger team actually has alot of good backup (more than any other team i can think of), so injury is a problem but for them it's not as big...

LVchargerFan
10-24-2007, 03:12 PM
if the shoe was on the other foot and the Chargers were 13-0 with everything locked up I would not play LT more than 1 quarter. If they lose w/o him then so be it. You should not unnecessarily risk your star player and the superbowl in order to fulfill some egotistical desire to go undefeated.

SanDiegosOnFire
10-24-2007, 03:43 PM

Glass houses...

sorry for how late i am on this, but i was referring to how "insanely good" boston teams have become. sox, pats, celts...

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 03:47 PM
sorry for how late i am on this, but i was referring to how "insanely good" boston teams have become. sox, pats, celts...Can't wait to see what the Celtics will do in the East this year..Oh, 2 hours and change before the Sox-Rockies, boys.

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 03:51 PM
if the shoe was on the other foot and the Chargers were 13-0 with everything locked up I would not play LT more than 1 quarter. If they lose w/o him then so be it. You should not unnecessarily risk your star player and the superbowl in order to fulfill some egotistical desire to go undefeated.I seriously doubt the Patriots..especially Belichick and Brady have some egotistical desire to go undefeated. Brady is a money player and Belichick is a money coach, and the Patriots is a billion dollar organization....Super Bowls yield the big bucks..undefeated seasons are nice for the fans and their bragging rights, but the money comes with the rings.

DngerHiBoltage
10-24-2007, 04:58 PM
KARMA will get the Cheaters!!! will go 16-0, then loose in their first playoff game. Billicheat will get hit by a truck and Brady will have to pay 10 child support payment to 10 different women in 10 different countries. Randy Moss will get caught smoking Marijane. they'll have the worst rushing offense in the history of the NFL to top it off. KARMA anyone????

SuperBolts07
10-24-2007, 05:50 PM
Yup, karma will get these guys, and good. And I wish people would stop giving so much credit to Brady. Sure he deserves some, but without that O-line protecting him he'd be no better than anyone else in the league.

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Yup, karma will get these guys, and good. And I wish people would stop giving so much credit to Brady. Sure he deserves some, but without that O-line protecting him he'd be no better than anyone else in the league.You guys make the most profound kinds of statements. WOW!! You should be sports commentators.

But, while we're at it, yes..Brady is better than most quarterbacks in the league. Don't make irresponsible statements that make you look poorly informed.

fregon
10-24-2007, 06:19 PM
I seriously doubt the Patriots..especially Belichick and Brady have some egotistical desire to go undefeated. Brady is a money player and Belichick is a money coach, and the Patriots is a billion dollar organization....Super Bowls yield the big bucks..undefeated seasons are nice for the fans and their bragging rights, but the money comes with the rings.

Actually an undefeated season will yield lots of $$$ in endorsments and media money. Posibly as much as a SB ring.

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 06:28 PM
Actually an undefeated season will yield lots of $$$ in endorsments and media money. Posibly as much as a SB ring.But the Patriots organization...the business end of the deal makes its money from TV rights and butts in seats. The more games they play and win, the more they can charge for season tickets, gear, beer, and everything else with a logo.

Most player contracts also have performance language that rewards key players for winning key games and setting certain performance goals...Belichick and Brady most likely have language in their contracts that speak to that. Endorsements will come to Brady win or lose. He's a first ballot HOFer already...I doubt anyone with half a brain will argue that.

But the undefeated season will definitely be worth big bucks..no doubt.

Losers are losers and the winners take it all.

fregon
10-24-2007, 06:31 PM
But the Patriots organization...the business end of the deal makes its money from TV rights and butts in seats. The more games they play and win, the more they can charge for season tickets, gear, beer, and everything else with a logo.

Most player contracts also have performance language that rewards key players for winning key games and setting certain performance goals...Belichick and Brady most likely have language in their contracts that speak to that. Endorsements will come to Brady win or lose. He's a first ballot HOFer already...I doubt anyone with half a brain will argue that.

But the undefeated season will definitely be worth big bucks..no doubt.

Losers are losers and the winners take it all.

Not to mention all the new revenue from fans jumping once again on the bandwagon and getting the new merchandise... it's almost sicking thinking that a team can make so much more $$$ when they are winners.

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 06:37 PM
That's why the franchises cost so much, and why the owners are willing to pay fortunes for players....if they win, the profits are astronomical.

Can you imagine the kinds of money Robert Kraft has made with the Patriots? He has seen them in four Super Bowls in ten years...won three and lost one, and there's the distinct possibility that run can continue.

fregon
10-24-2007, 06:41 PM
That's why the franchises cost so much, and why the owners are willing to pay fortunes for players....if they win, the profits are astronomical.

Can you imagine the kinds of money Robert Kraft has made with the Patriots? He has seen them in four Super Bowls in ten years...won three and lost one, and there's the distinct possibility that run can continue.

Absolutely... he is always wearing an expensive tie during the game :p

He has been a successful NFL owner.

Sam Adams
10-24-2007, 06:48 PM
Absolutely... he is always wearing an expensive tie during the game :p

He has been a successful NFL owner.Those colored shirts with the white collars are so 1980's...but hell, if I had enough money and clout to meet with the President of Russia and give him my Super Bowl ring, I couldn't care less what people thought of my duds.

C'Bad Bolt
10-24-2007, 06:57 PM
After the Chargers got spanked in week two, I don't think the Charger coaching staff has any clue as to how to slow down the Patriots. And every opponent since has not had much luck either.

In watching that debacle back in week two, I thought the Chargers should have blitzed the hell out of Brady and hit him as often as possible, even if it meant giving up some big plays. It would have paid off later in the game. I think if you not only blitz, but hit the receivers at the line of scrimage to throw off their timing with Brady, you might have a chance of forcing a few three and outs. They do look unstoppable at this point.

Dojo
10-24-2007, 06:59 PM
I honestly believe that the Pats are the most talented team in the league but have been saying that the Pats built the WRONG offense for NE. I've been preaching that they're NOT going undeated and will probably fold in the playoffs against a team like the Ravens, Pitt, or Chargers. Their defense is just not that impressive, top 10 but not top 5. And their running game is pretty mediocre.
When they play in the snow or rain the ball becomes heavy and slick and Brady will not be the god he is right now.
NE has always been a run first, pass second type of team that is system oriented. Well, ladies and gentlemen, Belicheck has changed his system. His offense has now changed and it's a type of offense that just has proven not to work in weather for the past 30 years.
I don't care about how talented they are, if the most impressive aspect of their offense is disabled then they have to revert to their weaker points which may play right into the hands of other teams.

They will lose, and they will lose soon. Maybe this week, maybe Dec 1, but it will happen and it will be raining.

SuperBolts07
10-24-2007, 07:32 PM
You guys make the most profound kinds of statements. WOW!! You should be sports commentators.

But, while we're at it, yes..Brady is better than most quarterbacks in the league. Don't make irresponsible statements that make you look poorly informed.

I'm not here to make "profound statements". I'm just here to support my team, and could care less what you think.

SanDiegosOnFire
10-24-2007, 07:47 PM
I'm not here to make "profound statements". I'm just here to support my team, and could care less what you think.

Amen brother

Encinitas Fan
10-24-2007, 08:13 PM
And I actually thought we were going to talk about HOW to beat the Patriots in this post! They are good, they might even be great, you gotta SEE that, but they are not unbeatable!

Can't wait to play them again, and the best team will win!
I am hoping and praying it will be THE CHARGERS!

TONYD1
10-24-2007, 08:19 PM
There is no doubt that as of right now the patsy are the cream of the crop. If they didn't win another game this year they would still win their division by 3 games. Strong division.
I am a firm believer that you need to play close games to give you a feel of what you have to do in the 4th quarter to win a game.. They haven't played any and down the road that will hurt them. I think they will be last years San Diego. Best record no playoff wins.
I can see it now that we will be the ones to knock them out at NE.

PR17
10-24-2007, 08:24 PM
There is no doubt that as of right now the patsy are the cream of the crop. If they didn't win another game this year they would still win their division by 3 games. Strong division.
I am a firm believer that you need to play close games to give you a feel of what you have to do in the 4th quarter to win a game.. They haven't played any and down the road that will hurt them. I think they will be last years San Diego. Best record no playoff wins.
I can see it now that we will be the ones to knock them out at NE.

Man I hope so... I want another shot at them, and I want it to be earned and not get lucky like they did against us last year.

And I take the colts over the pats in 2 weeks.

knottyone
10-24-2007, 08:30 PM

True...but don't forget three asterisks will be added to their "Championship" titles.

Cheaters suck!

Go Bolts!

DavidCharger
10-24-2007, 09:04 PM
The only possible weakness the Patriots have is their defense, against Peyton Manning. This is the best offense Tom Brady has ever had, and he already won 3 SB. The chargers vs Patriots in the playoffs; this year the chargers are playing worse, this year the patriots are playing better. No one would watch, people would still be preparing for the Patriots vs Colts game in the AFC championship game. I just got mad! So they kicked out marty cuz he couldent win in the playoffs!!!!!

BostonBolt
10-25-2007, 08:17 AM
The chargers vs Patriots in the playoffs; this year the chargers are playing worse, this year the patriots are playing better.

Either someone figures out how to slow down Brady and company, or the Bolts should pray for some lousy Northeast weather in the playoffs. The irony - a SoCal team comes north and hopes for snow! Then the run game becomes the turning point....

Sam Adams
10-25-2007, 08:31 AM
Patriots run coverage has gone from pretty good to terrible. I think their defense against the run is around 24th in the league and was really noticeable in the Miami game with the Dolphins being able to run the ball fairly well.

Richard Seymour has returned to practice, but it remains to be seen how effective he will be or even if he will be able to compete this year.

BostonBolt
10-25-2007, 08:49 AM
Patriots run coverage has gone from pretty good to terrible. I think their defense against the run is around 24th in the league and was really noticeable in the Miami game with the Dolphins being able to run the ball fairly well.

Richard Seymour has returned to practice, but it remains to be seen how effective he will be or even if he will be able to compete this year.

It will be interesting to see how their linebackers hold up this year. They're not a young group. Perhaps its Bellichicks plan to hide the run defense? Score lots of points early and take the run game away from the opposition?

Sam Adams
10-25-2007, 09:16 AM
It will be interesting to see how their linebackers hold up this year. They're not a young group. Perhaps its Bellichicks plan to hide the run defense? Score lots of points early and take the run game away from the opposition?It's not a bad strategy regardless of the reason. The Pats can put points on the board, and they do it in a hurry. In the first seven games, they have scored on their first possession. It is truly an offensive blitzkrieg, and they take great advantage of their talents.

To date, the offense has been on the field much longer than their defense..that is always a plus for a hard-working and veteran defense.

chargershark
10-25-2007, 01:47 PM
Certainly not saying it would be easy, but the way to beat the Pats:

1. Dominate time of possession
2. Win the turnover battle
3. No stupid mistakes
4. Take away the Pats' passing game & force them to run (good luck)
5. Make sure Brady has absolutely NO time to throw.
6. Excel on special teams (win the field position battle)
7. On offense, spread the ball around enough to prevent them from focusing soley on LT ---- but at the same time, MAKE SURE that LT gets his share of touches. The key here is calling the RIGHT plays at the RIGHT time.
8. A Hall-of-Fame caliber day by our QB.

In other words, EVERY person in the organization -- players, coaches, medical staff, heck even the water boy -- will need to bring their "A" game. It's a tall order, but it CAN be done. Can the Chargers (or anyone else) pull such a game out of their collective arses when they need to??? Here's hopin'!!!:LightsOut:

Sam Adams
10-25-2007, 02:53 PM
Certainly not saying it would be easy, but the way to beat the Pats:

1. Dominate time of possession
2. Win the turnover battle
3. No stupid mistakes
4. Take away the Pats' passing game & force them to run (good luck)
5. Make sure Brady has absolutely NO time to throw.
6. Excel on special teams (win the field position battle)
7. On offense, spread the ball around enough to prevent them from focusing soley on LT ---- but at the same time, MAKE SURE that LT gets his share of touches. The key here is calling the RIGHT plays at the RIGHT time.
8. A Hall-of-Fame caliber day by our QB.

In other words, EVERY person in the organization -- players, coaches, medical staff, heck even the water boy -- will need to bring their "A" game. It's a tall order, but it CAN be done. Can the Chargers (or anyone else) pull such a game out of their collective arses when they need to??? Here's hopin'!!!:LightsOut:That's all nice and good, and it all sounds pretty simplistic..the rub is that some of the reasons the Pats have been so successful is that they are consistent in preventing other teams from doing that while doing eactly what you suggest to their opponents. That's why they are 7-0.

56lightsout56
10-25-2007, 05:06 PM
That's all nice and good, and it all sounds pretty simplistic..the rub is that some of the reasons the Pats have been so successful is that they are consistent in preventing other teams from doing that while doing eactly what you suggest to their opponents. That's why they are 7-0.

They are consistent, Sam but all it takes is 1 game to do that Sam, 1 game.

Sam Adams
10-25-2007, 05:24 PM
They are consistent, Sam but all it takes is 1 game to do that Sam, 1 game.That's the nature of professional sports. I personally would like to see a perfect season, but a loss might also be healthy. Juggernauts, even with obsessive coaches like Belichick, can tend to get lazy and overconfident, and when you roll over teams like they are doing, it will take one helluva lot of leadership to keep them focused through nine more games and hopefully a deep playoff.

They had those "one" games last year...especially the 21-0 the Dolphins put on them.

Lose one and the pressure comes off. It might work to their advantage..unless they are super human. Time will tell.

Brady2Brown
10-25-2007, 05:47 PM
These are Brady's stats under different forms of pressure. It seems like teams would be better off having more guys in coverage.

3-man line: 5 of 6 (83.3 percent), 50 yards, no TDs or interceptions
4-man line: 92 of 117 (78.6 percent), 1,188 yards, 11 TDs, 2 INT
5-man line: 51 of 78 (65.4 percent), 659 yards, 7 TDs, 0 INT
6-man line: 16 of 20 (80 percent), 187 yards, 6 TDs, 0 INT

Catz
10-25-2007, 07:03 PM
I hate the Patriots too. I can't stand any of them especially Tom Brady. He is a jerk and I hope someone injures his ankle before the season ends so that he won't play the rest of the year. I hope the Chargers win but if they don't then I am rooting for the Colts to kick their butt.

They are nothing but cheaters. Billichick cheated with a married woman and then they cheated on the Jets. They should have had a harsher penalty put on them than what they got.

Sam Adams
10-25-2007, 07:16 PM
I hate the Patriots too. I can't stand any of them especially Tom Brady. He is a jerk and I hope someone injures his ankle before the season ends so that he won't play the rest of the year. I hope the Chargers win but if they don't then I am rooting for the Colts to kick their butt.

They are nothing but cheaters. Billichick cheated with a married woman and then they cheated on the Jets. They should have had a harsher penalty put on them than what they got.No homework tonight?

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-25-2007, 07:29 PM
lock or merge!

DefenseWins
10-25-2007, 08:50 PM
Considering the Colts have beaten them the last 3 times they've played, they might be a good source of material for spotting Achilles heels with.

Speaking of which... their upcoming game as seen by TMQ's Greg Easterbrook:

Patriots at Colts on Nov. 4 is shaping up to be one of the most attractive and exciting NFL regular-season games ever staged. The pairing is fabulous; the teams are the league's best; and there is a chance both will take the field undefeated. Plus, Patriots at Colts has a powerful, compelling narrative. Namely -- Good vs. Evil.

The fact that I don't even need to tell you which team represents Good and which stands for Evil says a lot about how low New England has sunk. You knew instantly which was which, didn't you?

Argument for the Indianapolis Colts as paladins who carry the banner of that which is beneficent: Sportsmanship, honesty, modesty, devotion to community, embrace of traditional small-town life, belief in higher power, even love of laughter. The Colts are the defending champions, so they obviously play well on the field. Yet after winning the Super Bowl, they have remained humble and appealing. Through prior years of postseason frustration, they never complained or pointed the finger outside their team. Their players are active in community affairs and don't carp about being assigned to a nonglamorous Farm Belt city with an antiquated stadium.

Their coach, Tony Dungy, smiles in public and answers honestly whatever he is asked: He never yells at players or grimaces at bad plays and, when defeated, doesn't act as though it's the end of the world. Although religious, Dungy said on the night he won the Super Bowl that God doesn't care about football games, which shows perspective.

The team's star, Peyton Manning, stands for love of family, constantly appearing in public with his brothers, father and mother. Manning is happily married and a major donor to a children's hospital. Manning spends a lot of time at children's camps and events, and he constantly makes fun of himself.

Ladies and gentlemen, representing Good, the Indianapolis Colts.

Argument for the New England Patriots as scoundrels in the service of that which is baleful: Dishonesty, cheating, arrogance, hubris, endless complaining even in success. The Patriots have three Super Bowl rings, but that jewelry is tarnished by their cheating scandal. They run up the score to humiliate opponents -- more on that below -- thus mocking sportsmanship.

Their coach snaps and snarls in public, seeming to feel contempt for the American public that has brought him wealth and celebrity. Victory seems to give Bill Belichick no joy, and defeat throws him into fury. Belichick and the rest of the top of the Patriots' organization continue to refuse to answer questions about what was in the cheating tapes -- and generally, you refuse to answer questions if you have something to hide. The team has three Super Bowl triumphs, yet its players regularly whine about not being revered enough.

The team's star, Tom Brady, is a smirking sybarite who dates actresses and supermodels but whose public charity appearances are infrequent. That constant smirk on Brady's face reminds one of Dick Cheney; people who smirk are fairly broadcasting the message, "I'm hiding something." The Patriots seem especially creepy at this point because we still don't know whether they have told the full truth about the cheating scandal -- or even whether they really have stopped cheating. They say they have, but their word is not exactly gold at this juncture.

Ladies and gentlemen, representing Evil, the New England Patriots.

In the Good vs. Evil narrative of the Colts and Pats, running up the score is a telling factor: It reveals a team's sportsmanship or lack of same, and whether a team shows sportsmanship in public might offer insights into its character in private. New England is scoring so many points the Patriots offense looks like cherries and oranges spinning on a slot machine. The Flying Elvii stand plus-159 in net points, by far the best scoring margin in the NFL. This is supposed to be impressive. But I think it's creepy, and New England's creepy on-field behavior is only underscoring the seediness of the Beli-Cheat scandal.

On Sunday, the Patriots led the winless Dolphins 42-7 late in the third quarter, yet Tom Brady was still behind center. And he wasn't just handing off the ball to grind the clock, either. Rather, he was back in the shotgun, still throwing to run up the score. Here is a summary of the Patriots' possession with a 42-7 lead late in the third and Brady, Randy Moss and the rest of their offensive starters on the field: Pass, run, pass, run, pass, pass. When backup quarterback Matt Cassel entered the game in the fourth quarter, with the Patriots leading 42-14 -- a margin larger than the greatest fourth-quarter comeback in NFL history (see below) -- did he hand off the ball to grind the clock? Here were Patriots' coaches first three calls: Run, pass, pass. Cassel's second pass was intercepted and returned for a touchdown, and Brady re-entered the game. Did he grind down the clock? Pass, pass, run, run, pass. The final score was 49-28.

The week before, New England led Dallas 42-27 and had second-and-goal on the Cowboys' 6-yard line with 1:43 remaining and Dallas out of timeouts. Three kneel-downs would have ended the game. But Belichick kept calling plays, frantic to run up the score -- including calling a play with 23 seconds remaining from the Dallas 1-yard line, resulting in a touchdown that made the final New England 48, Dallas 27. The Patriots then kicked off, and Dallas got the ball with 13 seconds remaining. Cowboys coach Wade Phillips showed the dignity Belichick lacked and ordered a kneel-down. Beyond defeating division-leading Dallas, New England has beaten six teams with a combined record of 11-27. In New England's six games against nonwinning teams, Belichick kept the starters in long after the outcome was decided, trying to run up the score. This doesn't just demonstrate Belichick has no class (although it certainly demonstrates that). It's worse -- this suggests something vindictive.

Yes, you can find games the Colts have won by a big margin in recent years, and yes, Manning was on the field through the fourth quarter at Jacksonville last night. But in that quarter, the Colts mainly ran to grind the clock: If they had wanted to win by more, they likely could have. As for New England's running up the score, supposedly the Patriots are angry about the Beli-Cheat scandal and are scoring points like crazy to express their anger against the world. Wait a moment: What right do the Patriots have to be angry? They, after all, are the ones who admitted to systematic cheating. Other people didn't impose that situation on them -- they cheated of their own free accord, imposing the tainting of their accomplishments on themselves. The Patriots were not wronged; they wronged others. Yet they're mad about being caught, and they seem to want to take out their bad feelings about themselves by embarrassing second-echelon teams. That bespeaks lack of character. That's Dark Side. That's Evil.

Suppose New England's version of events is true -- that Belichick is a fine person who made an honest mistake about rules that seemed clearly written to everyone else but somehow were confusing to him and that he regrets his honest mistake. If this were so, wouldn't Belichick be attempting to convince the world he is a good guy by showing sportsmanship at every turn? Instead, he is raising his middle finger to the rest of the NFL, to the sporting media, even to the NFL fans who made his wealth and celebrity possible. If he were a misunderstood man who regrets an honest mistake, wouldn't he be candid and open in public because making his life an open book would convince us he's sorry for what he did? Instead, in public, Belichick continues to glare, stonewall and act offended that mere mortals dare to address him. There is not the slightest hint that Belichick is sorry for what he did -- only sorry he got caught. Innocent people falsely accused crave the recovery of their reputation, working hard to convince the world they are good. Creepy people who think they can get away with something act belligerent and show poor sportsmanship, which is what Belichick is doing right now.

Since Belichick took over the Patriots and began the franchise's remarkable run, he and his team have been praised, praised, praised, praised, praised, praised, praised, praised, praised, praised, praised; criticized when it was discovered New England had engaged in what commissioner Roger Goodell himself called "a calculated and deliberate attempt to avoid long-standing rules designed to encourage fair play and promote honest competition"; then -- after about a week of criticism -- praised, praised, praised. This is not a sequence of experiences that would leave an honorable person angry at the world. Yet Belichick acts that way, and he appears to be encouraging anger in his players, which is itself unsportsmanlike.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nfl

The Patriot
10-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Considering the Colts have beaten them the last 3 times they've played, they might be a good source of material for spotting Achilles heels with.

Speaking of which... their upcoming game as seen by TMQ's Greg Easterbrook:

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...3&sportCat=nfl
That's called Libel, Mr. SillyBolts. It is one thing to have a right to your opinion but it is another to publish them as facts. So enjoy that article and believe that Peyton Manning stands for "love of family" while Tom Brady is "a smirking sybarite"

I hear Easterbrook's newest Article is about LT selling government secrets to the Russians. Just kidding, but on a serious note, here's a quote from one of his actual blogs in 2003:
Disney's CEO, Michael Eisner, is Jewish; the chief of Miramax, Harvey Weinstein, is Jewish. Yes, there are plenty of Christian and other Hollywood executives who worship money above all else, promoting for profit the adulation of violence. Does that make it right for Jewish executives to worship money above all else, by promoting for profit the adulation of violence?
I'm surprised he didn't try to use that same slander on Robert Kraft.

OC Chargers
10-25-2007, 11:02 PM
I hope the Pats lose but I don't wish any harm to them anymore. These fires have changed my perspective about the importance of football.

Go whoever plays the Pats, but realistically you'll have to bring your A game.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-25-2007, 11:31 PM
I'm surprised he didn't try to use that same slander on Robert Kraft.
Me too, but money can buy much.
Just remember rule # 16.
Deny, Deny, Deny.

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/1476/1849991020anf2.jpg

TheBoyBolt
10-28-2007, 04:57 PM
Meh, I'd rather not search for reasons to hate the Patriots more...

ChargerTAP
10-28-2007, 04:58 PM
I've never hated a team more than I hate the Patriots

swarm
10-28-2007, 04:58 PM
its about time someone made a thread about the patriots

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:00 PM
Someone, someday, is gonna take a cheap, late shot on one of their players for what they are doing. It's crazy. They want to be hated. It's that simple. Going for it on 4th and 1, passing with 5:00 on the clock when up 45 - 0. It's incredible.

Chargers 35-3 at the half. 35-10 to end. We weren't exactly having trouble on offense.

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
The Patriot team has NO class I can't believe they keep on doing this. Seriously if they keep it up they should be fined. Maybe fine the coach for unsportsmanlike conduct.

56lightsout56
10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
what goes around, comes around.

players and coaches have long memories, may not be this year or next but eventually they will get all that they are doing handed back to them.

Patriot_Reign
10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
They really love to bask in the glory of beatin up the little guys.

4-2 and the 5th ranked defense.
All this talk of class is so boring, it's all about preparation and keeping your eye on the prize. The players get paid to play, don't like being scored on? Then stop them.

SP17BOLT
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
Patriots saw chargers were up 35-3 at halftime and got jealous. So they said lets score more than the chargers.

boltsareback
There is a difference between the Patriots and Chargers, and the biggest difference is CLASS. We get a gift with a minute and a half left and only 10 yards to go to an easy touchdown, and we take the final snaps and end the game.

The Patriots continue to maul the Redskins, now 52-0 with the last play a 20 yarder for a TD. They should be ashamed, but they are not, they have NO CLASS. I hope Brady breaks a leg while running into Belichick for the hug at the end, and takes them both out.

MadMadigan
Someone, someday, is gonna take a cheap, late shot on one of their players for what they are doing. It's crazy. They want to be hated. It's that simple. Going for it on 4th and 1, passing with 5:00 on the clock when up 45 - 0. It's incredible.

Chargers 35-3 at the half. 35-10 to end. We weren't exactly having trouble on offense.I encourage the Patriots to do this, it will come around on them, starting next week in Inndiapolis. Patriots are going down and i am going to savor it!!

SP17BOLT
10-28-2007, 05:04 PM

players and coaches have long memories, may not be this year or next but eventually they will get all that they are doing handed back to them.

Karma is a *****!!!

boltsareback
10-28-2007, 05:05 PM
All this talk of class is so boring, it's all about preparation and keeping your eye on the prize. The players get paid to play, don't like being scored on? Then stop them.

TWO WORDS, PAL: GO AWAY!!!

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM

...it's ridiculous. 4th and 1 up by 38? 4th quarter? Then pass for a TD? Nobody's buying it anymore. Look how distraught Belichick looks on the sideline for giving up those 7 points at the end of the game.

Think about it from a fan perspective -- I'd actually be pissed to see LT in there getting knocked around with a huge lead. Some team is gonna go head hunting with the Pats running up the score...I think it's nuts to take that chance.

Now at 2:16 -- still can't kneel it. Then all the cocky heads on the sideline -- look, the Pats are great, but this is crap...I would hate playing for NE, in this regard.

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:06 PM

Haha like all Patriot fans you have no idea about football or class. This is why Patriot fans are the worst fans in the league. Now go back on your bandwagon new Patriot fan and leave football talk to people who know something about it.

Patriot_Reign
10-28-2007, 05:07 PM
...it's ridiculous. 4th and 1 up by 38? 4th quarter? Then pass for a TD? Nobody's buying it anymore. Look how distraught Belichick looks on the sideline for giving up those 7 points at the end of the game.

Think about it from a fan perspective -- I'd actually be pissed to see LT in there getting knocked around with a huge lead. Some team is gonna go head hunting with the Pats running up the score...I think it's nuts to take that chance.

I was thinking that last week when they kept Brady in in the 2nd half, after Cassell's int they brought Brady back and all I could think was 'damn I hope something bad doesn't happen right now'

MadMadigan
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
All this talk of class is so boring, it's all about preparation and keeping your eye on the prize. The players get paid to play, don't like being scored on? Then stop them.Keep ridin that perception and when it blows up in your teams face dont act surprised. If we see you in the playoffs again we will not only beat you, we will destroy you. Mark my words, my instincts are never wrong.

boltcorpse
10-28-2007, 05:08 PM
I'm glad the Skins scored that TD...

A score of 52-0 Pats would have been heresy and a sign of impending apocalypse.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
I was thinking that last week when they kept Brady in in the 2nd half, after Cassell's int they brought Brady back and all I could think was 'damn I hope something bad doesn't happen right now'

I think it's LOGICALLY the wrong decision. And it just makes the rest of the NLF fan base think the Pats are just trying to run up the score and break records. The numbers become meaningless.

Again, the Pats are playing dominating football -- they win every game, no problem. I don't doubt they are the best right now. But it just isn't cool. Trying to throw even now -- under 2 minutes. Incredible.

DefenseWins
10-28-2007, 05:09 PM
Look on the bright side guys....

... they continue to believe the garbage the east coast announcers are slobbering about and their heads continue to swell.

Just like the big ugly zit on the NFL landscape that they are, come playoff time they are going to be ripe and ready to be squeezed ;)

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:10 PM
I'm glad the Skins scored that TD...

A score of 52-0 Pats would have been heresy and a sign of impending apocalypse.

...by the way, the bag has to come off. So it was written, so let it be done.

TurnerThaBurner
10-28-2007, 05:11 PM
Are you surprised at their lack of class??? The Pats are the kind of team that would trample over their own mothers if they were standing in the way of a Lombardi trophy.

This is old news to me. Let's look at something new to complain about...

thumper300zx

... they continue to believe the garbage the east coast announcers are slobbering about and their heads continue to swell.

Just like the big ugly zit on the NFL landscape that they are, come playoff time they are going to be ripe and ready to be squeezed ;)

...have been incredible. They've totally bought into this crap. Belichick has convinced his fans and the announcers. It's incredible. Maybe the refs buy into it, too -- Moss -- nice push off today. LOL.

boltsareback

GREAT ANALOGY and nice visual, too!

MadMadigan

Just like the big ugly zit on the NFL landscape that they are, come playoff time they are going to be ripe and ready to be squeezed ;)It will make Victory all the more sweeter.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 05:12 PM
I agree the Pats have no class.
That said, donít forget the incomplete bomb to Chambers, up 35 to 3.
As with all these threads, let it run a few hours and then merge it with the one Pats thread in the Smack Shack.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:13 PM
...enjoy the World Series win -- no rules about payroll -- must feel good to beat a team with a 4:1 payout ratio :)

Are you surprised at their lack of class??? The Pats are the kind of team that would trample over their own mothers if they were standing in the way of a Lombardi trophy.

This is old news to me. Let's look at something new to complain about...

JCDavey
10-28-2007, 05:14 PM
i don't think they're doing it for the records, i think they're doing it to piss off the rest of the league

because they questioned their credibility (cheatgate)

MadMadigan
...have been incredible. They've totally bought into this crap. Belichick has convinced his fans and the announcers. It's incredible. Maybe the refs buy into it, too -- Moss -- nice push off today. LOL.Moss has gotten away with this on 3 TD catchs that i have seen this year, who knows how many more since i havnt seen but 30% of there games.. Refs are not calling it on him.

rbagley

Now at 2:16 -- still can't kneel it. Then all the cocky heads on the sideline -- look, the Pats are great, but this is crap...I would hate playing for NE, in this regard.

The Pats can't kneel it anymore since they pulled the ultimate of classless acts and turned a fake spike into a touchdown. IMO that is simply taking advantage of the unspoken agreement that if a team is going to spike the ball the other team allows them to do so AS A COURTESY. To turn around and violate that courtesy is just plain CHICKEN SH#T, yet it is precisely the type of coach Belichick is and the team the Patriots are. If I was a coach, I am telling my players that any time the Patriots line up to either spike, kneel the ball, anything of that sort, then run 'em over!!!!!

ldt21311
10-28-2007, 05:15 PM
we easily could've run up the score on the texans, we were at the ten yard line with a running back who was 1 td away from passing jim brown on the the all time list. also in a city that really needed something big. but we paid respect to the texans and just ran the whole second half and kneeled down at the end.

the patriots might have talent, but their probably the yankees of the NFL. everyone hates them and it's not because thier jealous, it's because the pats are real a-holes.

go colts next week!!!!

Sundiego
...enjoy the World Series win -- no rules about payroll -- must feel good to beat a team with a 4:1 payout ratio :)

The Boston Red Songs are the new Yankees. This has to be one of the worst Series I have ever watched. The lack of any cap on teams is plain stupid. Teams can buy championships just like Boston did and the Yankees have for a long time.

JtBoY20
That just shows what kind of classless team the Patriots are. They were up 35-0 they could of just let the reserves play. I hope Indy does the same thing to the Pats like they did in last years AFC Champ Game. I'll be rooting for the Colts next week against the Pats.

The Patriot
10-28-2007, 05:18 PM
Pats are good.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:18 PM
"
Major League Baseball (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball) has instead implemented the so-called luxury tax (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luxury_tax_%28sports%29), an arrangement by which teams whose aggregate payroll exceeds a certain annually revised figure is taxed on the excess amount (or fined). This is paid to the MLB who then puts the money into its "industry-growth fund". [3] (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salary_cap#_note-2)
For the 2004 season, only Boston (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boston_Red_Sox), Anaheim (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Los_Angeles_Angels_of_Anaheim), and the New York Yankees (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Yankees) paid any luxury tax, as the team's superstar players earned yearly salaries close to the entire payroll of weaker clubs. The tax has only been implemented on nine occasions and the Yankees have been taxed on five of these.
However, critics point out that the luxury tax has had little effect on maintaining competitive balance and on overspending by affluent teams. Many salary cap proposals have been designed by fans and people within MLB, with little support for implementation.
Meanwhile, the New York Yankees have not won a World Series in 7 straight seasons and both the Red Sox and Angels missed the playoffs in 2006. Due to opposition of a powerful MLB players' union (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_League_Baseball_Players_Association), and because the Yankees and Red Sox refused to side with the majority of MLB owners, the implementation of a salary cap is unlikely at the moment. Although some saw the success of NHL owners in their 2004-05 lockout (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004-05_NHL_lockout) as an opportunity for MLB to reform its collective bargaining agreement, baseball owners agreed to a new five-year deal in October 2006 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/October_2006) that did not include a salary cap.
Unlike the other three major North American sports, MLB has no team salary floor. The only minimum limits for team payrolls are based on the minimum salaries for players of various levels of experience that are written into MLB's collective bargaining agreement."

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Pats are good.

...they are good.

Time to play a good team...I still think the Pats will win even the upcoming game, but I sure hope not :)

boltsareback
10-28-2007, 05:19 PM
Pats are good.

.....SPANKS ARE BETTER!

SP17BOLT
10-28-2007, 05:20 PM
Pats are good.

Bolts are awesome.

MadMadigan
10-28-2007, 05:22 PM
i don't think they're doing it for the records, i think they're doing it to piss off the rest of the league

because they questioned their credibility (cheatgate)Which makes them the biggest Hypocrits the NFL has ever seen, But leave it to BB to turn this into a motivational tool for his team. Whats built with a faulty foundation will inevitably crumble.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:23 PM
Pats fans are trying to defend Belli****.
But I dont think they can anymore, its unanimous he's a jackass.That may be true, but he sure as hell knows how to prepare a football team to win. The Pats keep scoring more points every week.

Belichick sure knows where to hide those cameras. :D

Hollow
10-28-2007, 05:24 PM
Bottom line is Bolts 4-3 NE 8-0.

ALl I see here is jealous fans, jesus we just won our game but some fans still find something to complain.

thumper300zx
The Pats still have so much to improve on. They're just working hard. Comin' in on weekends. Coming in on Sundays. It's hard. I mean, ya gotta -- gotta -- work hard.

Sam Adams
Which makes them the biggest Hypocrits the NFL has ever seen, But leave it to BB to turn this into a motivational tool for his team. Whats built with a faulty foundation will inevitably crumble.Win something....maybe you boys will get some press and respect. Maybe.

Patriot_Reign
The Pats are playing great football, they come prepared every week and the results show it.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:25 PM

ALl I see here is jealous fans, jesus we just won our game but some fans still find something to complain.

...about the Bolts being better than the Pats right now? I guess I missed that. Is anyone rippin' on the Colts at 7-0? Why would that be???

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:26 PM

Hey you got the wrong Forum the Patriot forum is over there---> why do you keep posting here?

MadMadigan
That may be true, but he sure as hell knows how to prepare a football team to win. The Pats keep scoring more points every week.

Belichick sure knows where to hide those cameras. :DWithout Brady Bellichek returns to Browns glory, you know it and you know he is riding Brady's shirt tails.

When Bellichek can win without him, i will give the man credit.

Sam Adams

ALl I see here is jealous fans, jesus we just won our game but some fans still find something to complain.Chargers did some thrashing today. Tough ass team.

The problem with some of your fans is they are either too young to know any better, or they know nothing about football.

MadMadigan
10-28-2007, 05:27 PM
Win something....maybe you boys will get some press and respect. Maybe.We have respect, we proved it today, your perception of respect is flawed, just like the team you support

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
Without Brady Bellichek returns to Browns glory, you know it and you know he is riding Brady's shirt tails.

When Bellichek can win without him, i will give the man credit.Do you have anything else profound to say? Don't be so obvious; you embarass anyone who knows anything about football. Go do your homework...there is school tomorrow.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:28 PM
I think Brady is weak in the dark force. He can't lie as well as Belichick. Belichick doesn't even crack a smile when he says they have a lot to improve on. Brady is started to have to turn his head and cover his mouth to keep the laughs from coming out. Respect to Brady. He's on fire. But he's also a sheep.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM
17 and had to get permission from our parents to join the forum.

Age = wisdom.

Chargers did some thrashing today. Tough ass team.

The problem with some of your fans is they are either too young to know any better, or they know nothing about football.

thehotdelancey
10-28-2007, 05:29 PM

I don't think that the organization is classless for winning. Running up the score is not that big a deal. Kneeling the ball is...well...boring. They're playing 60 minutes all out.

Yeah, theres concerns about injury and all, but its their attitude- play it all out the whole game no matter the score. Can't say its classless. Post Playoffs last year against us...yeah. I was pissed. But this to me is grasping at straws.

MadMadigan
10-28-2007, 05:30 PM
...about the Bolts being better than the Pats right now? I guess I missed that. Is anyone rippin' on the Colts at 7-0? Why would that be???Exactly!! Exactly!! Exactly!!, that is the point that Pats fans will never know the answer to.

Aarostotle

dude, we could say the same thing about your fans. every team has different type of fans.

Sam Adams
I think Brady is weak in the dark force. He can't lie as well as Belichick. Belichick doesn't even crack a smile when he says they have a lot to improve on. Brady is started to have to turn his head and cover his mouth to keep the laughs from coming out. Respect to Brady. He's on fire. But he's also a sheep.Patriot jealousy...I love it.

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM

See how the Chargers ended the game without scoring points?

That is what EVERY other team does. Joe Gibbs who is probably one of the most respected coaches in the history of the NFL and he refused to shake BBs hand. Expect to see this more often. Also expect to see late hits on Brady and the receivers.

What BB is doing when he runs up the score is pisses everyone off. So far he has been ok however he just makes teams and players more angry. Since your a Pat fan hommerism clouds your judgment however you look at the signs, other players and even the Pat players shake their heads you know something is up.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:31 PM
dude, we could say the same thing about your fans. every team has different type of fans.Neener, neener, neener....

Aarostotle
10-28-2007, 05:32 PM
lol! did anyone notice gibbs refusing to shake belichik's hand?

MadMadigan
Do you have anything else profound to say? Don't be so obvious; you embarass anyone who knows anything about football. Go do your homework...there is school tomorrow.Sorry i finished college 25 years ago. attack me all you want Sam, but nothing i have said is untrue.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
That may be true, but he sure as hell knows how to prepare a football team to win. The Pats keep scoring more points every week.

Belichick sure knows where to hide those cameras. :D
lol
The New England attitude in a nutshell.
And compared to Kraft and Belichick, Samís attitude is practically an admission of remorse.

boltsareback
Sam you've had some good things to say in the past on these boards, but I have to tell you with all due respect...."I fart in your general direction!":D

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
Exactly!! Exactly!! Exactly!!, that is the point that Pats fans will never know the answer to.

...even though the Red Sox have an insane payroll, I actually respect their team and how they do their business. I hate the Yanks with a passion because you have some child slap on a 1st baseman by guys like A-Rod -- the Red Sox seem like a classy team (to me). But the Pats? Nah.

Are we jealous of the rings? Absolutely -- but I don't even begin to be jealous of some of these teams. The Colts have a great team, their coach is a class act, and I respect them entirely.

The Patriot
10-28-2007, 05:34 PM

That is what EVERY other team does. Joe Gibbs who is probably one of the most respected coaches in the history of the NFL and he refused to shake BBs hand. Expect to see this more often. Also expect to see late hits on Brady and the receivers.

What BB is doing when he runs up the score is pisses everyone off. So far he has been ok however he just makes teams and players more angry. Since your a Pat fan hommerism clouds your judgment however you look at the signs, other players and even the Pat players shake their heads you know something is up.
I donít suppose a lace-trimmed ďWeíre SorryĒ card would suffice?

Sam Adams

What BB is doing when he runs up the score is pisses everyone off. So far he has been ok however he just makes teams and players more angry. Since your a Pat fan hommerism clouds your judgment however you look at the signs, other players and even the Pat players shake their heads you know something is up.Seems as if I remember Matt Cassel running the last TD. Should they just pull their quarterbacks and play without them?

Belichick probably pisses people off, but his team is still 8-0, and they keep scoring more points every week. That's their fault?

Patriot_Reign
Exactly!! Exactly!! Exactly!!, that is the point that Pats fans will never know the answer to.

The answer is: Because the Chargers were sent home in the playoffs last year after being heavily favored.

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:35 PM

I don't think that the organization is classless for winning. Running up the score is not that big a deal. Kneeling the ball is...well...boring. They're playing 60 minutes all out.

Yeah, theres concerns about injury and all, but its their attitude- play it all out the whole game no matter the score. Can't say its classless. Post Playoffs last year against us...yeah. I was pissed. But this to me is grasping at straws.

Its classless that is why when College teams do it they get called on it. That is why Gibbs didn't shake BBs hand. That is why players, teams, coaches and fans continue to speak out against the Patriots (Fins are another example).

Get over it the Patriots are probably the least sportsmanlike most cheating most hated team in the history of the NFL. Whatever they win and whatever records they beat they will be remembered for running up the score and cheating. This is sad considering the BB is actively seeking to destroy the Pats image until there is nothing left.

Football1
In very simple terms, it does not matter what the Pats do. Oh, maybe after a 7-0 score every Pats player should sit down.

The Pats are classless and cheaters before the game is played. So you think any of the Pats players or fans care at that point???

So, let it rip. Loving it.

ldt21311
i garuntee every fan besides the patriots fans hate the patriots. that wasn't the case when colts went 13 - 0, not when the dolphins went 17 - 0. it's because the patriots are a-holes. i just wish they could win with some dignity and class. thats just sad.

Sundiego
Seems as if I remember Matt Cassel running the last TD. Should they just pull their quarterbacks and play without them?

Belichick probably pisses people off, but his team is still 8-0, and they keep scoring more points every week. That's their fault?

No they keep running up the score almost every week. If you don't understand this then you really need to watch more football.

MadMadigan
Patriot jealousy...I love it.Wow, spoken like every other Pats fan on the planet. If i had a nickel for every time i heard this i'd be a rich man. Why in Gods name would anyone with any sense be jealous of a classless cheating organization like the New England Patriots. Again, your perception is flawed Sam.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:36 PM
lol
The New England attitude in a nutshell.
And compared to Kraft and Belichick, Samís attitude is practically an admission of remorse.Cornpone...in your dreams. 8-0 baby.

Win something, an then we'll talk.

dudebro55
the patriots have beaten some great teams this season but honestly look at your division its a little weak...i mean USC or any division 1 college team could win that division and you play all those teams twice...playing denver and kansas city twice in a season isnt exactly easy...i think respect for the chargers is more than earned...

Colsrob
Patriot jealousy...I love it.

I could care less about the Patriots actions. But, you make fun of some of the posters comments, referring to them as no nothing kids, yet you reply with juvenile retorts.

Ever hear of the 'pot-kettle' theory?

If you cant play nice, you really shouldnt play at all.

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:37 PM
In very simple terms, it does not matter what the Pats do. Oh, maybe after a 7-0 score every Pats player should sit down.

The Pats are classless and cheaters before the game is played. So you think any of the Pats players or fans care at that point???

So, let it rip. Loving it.

Your right this is why the pat fans are probably some of the worst fans in the NFL. The fact of the matter is they DON'T care. If the Chargers coaches did the same thing I would be pissed.

Sam Adams
Wow, spoken like every other Pats fan on the planet. If i had a nickel for every time i heard this i'd be a rich man. Why in Gods name would anyone with any sense be jealous of a classless cheating organization like the New England Patriots. Again, your perception is flawed Sam.May be...but the record book reflects 8-0. What's your team done this season?

thumper300zx
Cornpone...in your dreams. 8-0 baby.

...have you won something? Let's just talk now...

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:38 PM
May be...but the record book reflects 8-0. What's your team done this season?

the Pats and Bolts are both 3-0. Talk talk talk....

SanDiegosOnFire
heres a post on SI.com's Fan Comments section on todays Pats game

"Scrambling out of the pocket, then diving into end zone...now that's the kind of stuff he fantasized about doing as a kid. Only it probably involved the winning touchdown, not a score that made it 52-0.
The Kraft family knows it's on camera, and made sure not to be photographed whooping it up. That's class.
To answer the inevitable criticism...what you are supposed to do? Not score? Belichick's emptied the bench. Do we really want something like that stupid rule the Connecticut high school sports federation introduced with penalties against coaches whose teams win by 50 or more? | David M. Pepin"

now thats class /sarcasm

SP17BOLT
Patriot jealousy...I love it.

I love how arrogant and pathetic patriot fans are.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:39 PM
Your right this is why the pat fans are probably some of the worst fans in the NFL. The fact of the matter is they DON'T care. If the Chargers coaches did the same thing I would be pissed.That's why your team has never won anything. When your coaches become as good as Belichick, then your can talk your trash. It just hasn't happened yet.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:40 PM
I love how arrogant and pathetic patriot fans are.But my team is 8-0...what is it you expect?

Patriot jealousy.

ldt21311
10-28-2007, 05:40 PM
That's why your team has never won anything. When your coaches become as good as Belichick, then your can talk your trash. It just hasn't happened yet.

i really hope you enjoy being the yankees of football.

MadMadigan
10-28-2007, 05:42 PM
The answer is: Because the Chargers were sent home in the playoffs last year after being heavily favored.Keep justifying it away Pats fan, thats what you do best. Just Like your coach has convinced his team they have been wronged by the NFL. Sound Familiar?

Patriot_Reign
10-28-2007, 05:43 PM
i really hope you enjoy being the yankees of football.

The Yankees spend a ton more cash on their payroll then almost every other team in the league, the Pats spend within a league wide salary cap...I fail to see the comparison?

SP17BOLT
But my team is 8-0...what is it you expect?

Patriot jealousy.

you're hilarious bro, there's no need to be jealous, you haven't won the sb yet.

Sam Adams
i really hope you enjoy being the yankees of football.I have always enjoyed being a Patriots fan. You too would love to own three of the seven SB rings won this century with a real chance of winning number four.

How do you enjoy being the perennial NFL bridesmaids?

Patriot envy.

Sundiego
10-28-2007, 05:44 PM
That's why your team has never won anything. When your coaches become as good as Belichick, then your can talk your trash. It just hasn't happened yet.

No the Chargers have not cheated that is why...

Will he get into the HOF. I sure hope not. What BB has done (cheating) is the same as if a player does steroids. They shouldn't allow him into the HOF and I believe he will have trouble getting in because of this.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
Cornpone...in your dreams. 8-0 baby.

Right, the ends justify the means. Win at any cost. Is Osama on the payroll too.
I do believe that the Pats have surpassed the Raiders as the most Al Qaeda like team in the NFL.
Thatís an amazing accomplishment. Congrats to you all.

56lightsout56
10-28-2007, 05:45 PM
...have you won something? Let's just talk now...

Sam? nahh. he wishes he would though, or would like for you to think he has but some of us arent fooled.

Sam only likes to walk in the sunshine.

8 chapters have been written of a 17 chapter book.

then we get to part II.

thing is, all those other chapters havent been written yet so you never know what is going to happen.

for me, it doesnt matter what the Pats do week in and week out.

they handle their business, and we handle our own. when the 17th chapter is done, we'll see how part II starts.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:46 PM
you're halrious bro, there's no need to be jealous, you haven't won the sb yet.I'm not jealous...I'm the one with most all the SB championship T-shirts this century.

How 'bout yourself....what's your T-shirts say?

ldt21311
10-28-2007, 05:46 PM
The Yankees spend a ton more cash on their payroll then almost every other team in the league, the Pats spend within a league wide salary cap...I fail to see the comparison?

they may spend within the salary cap, but everyone hates the patriots, everyone hates tom brady. one day, some team is going to kick the crap outta you and im going to laugh along with the NFL. when joe gibbs, a long respected coach refuses to shake your coaches hand, thats when you've become a dynasty with no respect.

dynasty with no respect = yankees + patriots.

boltsareback
10-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I hope the RESPECTED Indianapolis Colts give the class-less Patriots another little lesson real soon. Is that Patriot Jealousy? NO. Do I want the Colts to motor on with an undefeated record? NO, but at least I can respect a team/coach/organization like theirs. Patriots, shmatriots, F 'em!

The Patriot
10-28-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm not jealous...I'm the one with most all the SB championship T-shirts this century.

Sam, relax. Focus on the Sox' World Series tonight.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Right, the ends justify the means. Win at any cost. Is Osama on the payroll too.
I do believe that the Pats have surpassed the Raiders as the most Al Qaeda like team in the NFL.
Thatís an amazing accomplishment. Congrats to you all.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...this is football, Pone..when you stop believing it is a ping pong game, maybe you'll enjoy it more. WIN is the name of the game.

8-0, baby. That ain't chopped liver.

MadMadigan
I'm not jealous...I'm the one with most all the SB championship T-shirts this century.

How 'bout yourself....what's your T-shirts say?Your pats bandwagon fan living in Orange county. If you are proud to wear those shirts then we are done here.

boltsareback

Our t-shirts say: "BITE ME!"

Jubilation T. Cornpone
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ...this is football, Pone..when you stop believing it is a ping pong game, maybe you'll enjoy it more. WIN is the name of the game.

8-0, baby. That ain't chopped liver.
Sam Bin Laden speaks from his bunker.

Aarostotle
10-28-2007, 05:50 PM

oh ya! well my friend has a t shirt that say chargers vs. niners with superbowl on the top 1994. what!

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:50 PM
I think the only respectable team with a CHANCE for a dynasty lately was the Rams...they didn't make it. But that was a respectable team. I really respected the Pats, too -- then the cheating, and now this. A little of this was the fault of the refs on a very lame call against the Raiders. So, a little pass there. But the Pats just continue to push the rules as far as possible...even being caught and getting a slap on the wrist. They are obviously competitive, but respectfully competitive is a different question.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:51 PM
Sam, relax. Focus on the Sox' World Series tonight.Well, to tell you the truth, even though I lived 55 years in Maine, I was always a Yankee fan. That said, and now that the Angels are playing golf, I'll root for the BoSox...but there doesn't seem to be much of a problem...they need one game in the next four.

It's Beantown's year...wait till they see the Celtics.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Diego_Sockers

We have 10 championships!!!

Now that's dominance:

1981-82 NASL1st West, 10-8 Won Championship
1982-83 MISL1st West, 32-16 Won Championship
1983-84 NASL1st NASL, 21-11 Won Championship
1984-85 MISL1st West, 37-11 Won Championship
1985-86 MISL1st West, 36-12 Won Championship
1986-87 MISL3rd West, 27-25 Lost Semifinal
1987-88 MISL1st West, 42-14 Won Championship
1988-89 MISL2nd MISL, 27-21 Won Championship
1989-90 MISL2nd West, 25-27 Won Championship
1990-91 MSL1st West, 34-18 Won Championship
1991-92 MSL1st MSL, 26-14 Won Championship

MadMadigan
10-28-2007, 05:52 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, even though I lived 55 years in Maine, I was always a Yankee fan. That said, and now that the Angels are playing golf, I'll root for the BoSox...but there doesn't seem to be much of a problem...they need one game in the next four.

It's Beantown's year...wait till they see the Celtics.I rest my case.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Well, to tell you the truth, even though I lived 55 years in Maine, I was always a Yankee fan. That said, and now that the Angels are playing golf, I'll root for the BoSox...but there doesn't seem to be much of a problem...they need one game in the next four.

It's Beantown's year...wait till they see the Celtics.

...and you must be a Ducks fan, and a Spurs fan, and a Houston Dynamo fan, and Italy (for soccer)....the truth is coming out...(LOL) Oh wait, I forgot the most obvious -- GO MERCURY!

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:53 PM
Sam Bin Laden speaks from his bunker.Belichick speaks from the sidelines; Brady speaks from the war zone. My boys don't hide in bunkers.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!

56lightsout56
10-28-2007, 05:54 PM

really?

seems to me the Red Sox fans hate the Yankees and their fans not for the amount of money they spend on payroll (and how many other MLB teams had the natural financial capability to spend $50 million just for "negotiating rights" to Dice K, but thats how MLB is set up) but for their arrogance and their disrepect of the Red Sox.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 05:55 PM
Belichick speaks from the sidelines; Brady speaks from the war zone. My boys don't hide in bunkers.

GO PATRIOTS!!!!
Well, like you said, SBL, win is the name of the game.
So there are no limits. Hire assassins, biological warfare, nukes.

Sam Adams
Great smack off, boys, and your Chargers looked terrific today, but I now have to watch NHRA stuff from Las Vegas.

It is developing into one helluva football season. To the winner go the spoils.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

SP17BOLT

It says 'leave our forums" :p

ldt21311
10-28-2007, 05:56 PM
when you have to go onto another teams message board and convince them that you do have respect and we're just jealous, i'm pretty sure you should just accept the fact that you are winning with everyone hating you. thats a terrible way to go

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Well, like you said, SBL, win is the name of the game.
So there are no limits. Hire assassins, biological warfare, nukes.And I'm sure you have some cogent point to make with all this Osama drivel.

Football is about winning. Your team has been winning. Are you happy?

My team has been winning. I'm happy.

Bloody Mary and drag racing time. Ciao.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 05:57 PM
...you're a Gordon fan, too -- who's #1 in NHRA? Bet you like him.

Great smack off, boys, and your Chargers looked terrific today, but I now have to watch NHRA stuff from Las Vegas.

It is developing into one helluva football season. To the winner go the spoils.

GO PATRIOTS!!!

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 05:59 PM
...you're a Gordon fan.Gordon is not a drag racer. He is NASCAR...round tracks.

I'm a John Force, Larry Dixon, Greg Anderson fan.

Please, your implication is sooooo shallow. I was a Patriot fan for decades when they got their asses kicked year after year...a great deal like the Chargers have done over the years.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 06:02 PM
when you have to go onto another teams message board and convince them that you do have respect and we're just jealous, i'm pretty sure you should just accept the fact that you are winning with everyone hating you. thats a terrible way to goI didn't author the thread.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 06:03 PM
And I'm sure you have some cogent point to make with all this Osama drivel.

Football is about winning. Your team has been winning. Are you happy?

My team has been winning. I'm happy.

Bloody Mary and drag racing time. Ciao.
You guys could be celebrating with your own kind, but you feel the need to spend your time defending the Pats here.
Iíll leave it up to the rest of our board to evaluate your level of emotional stability.
What say you all?
How many of you immediately logged on over at Pat central after todayís Chargers win?

56lightsout56
10-28-2007, 06:05 PM
Gordon is not a drag racer. He is NASCAR...round tracks.

I'm a John Force, Larry Dixon, Greg Anderson fan.

Please, your implication is sooooo shallow. I was a Patriot fan for decades when they got their asses kicked year after year...a great deal like the Chargers have done over the years.

at least "quote" his whole quote, Sam.

He asked you who was number #1 in NHRA too. the sentence contains two separate statements, but of course when you only want to see what you want to, its understandable.

...you're a Gordon fan, too -- who's #1 in NHRA? Bet you like him.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 06:18 PM
at least "quote" his whole quote, Sam.

He asked you who was number #1 in NHRA too. the sentence contains two separate statements, but of course when you only want to see what you want to, its understandable.We won't know that until after the Pomona race in two weeks. But right now it's Larry Dixon, Dave Connolly, and Tony Pedragon.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 06:20 PM
You guys could be celebrating with your own kind, but you feel the need to spend your time defending the Pats here.
Iíll leave it up to the rest of our board to evaluate your level of emotional stability.
What say you all?
How many of you immediately logged on over at Pat central after todayís Chargers win?Oh you poor abused Charger board rat. What the hell difference does it make anyway?

I raved all afternoon on the Patriots board.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 06:21 PM
Oh you poor abused Charger board rat. What the hell difference does it make anyway?

I raved all afternoon on the Patriots board.
Sorry, you word is viewed here to be as credible as Belichickís.

thehotdelancey
10-28-2007, 06:46 PM
Its classless that is why when College teams do it they get called on it. That is why Gibbs didn't shake BBs hand. That is why players, teams, coaches and fans continue to speak out against the Patriots (Fins are another example).

Get over it the Patriots are probably the least sportsmanlike most cheating most hated team in the history of the NFL. Whatever they win and whatever records they beat they will be remembered for running up the score and cheating. This is sad considering the BB is actively seeking to destroy the Pats image until there is nothing left.

I hate the pats...but Belichick TRYING to trash the Pats image? Id bet a nickel thats not what hes trying to do.

When youre on the other end of a thrashing like that (I have, in the one year I played of HS footballwe went 1-8-1 We lost one of our games 52-0), It hurts. You feel disrespected, humiliated. Thats why your hearing opponents thrash em. But whos to blame other than yourself for losing that badly.

Yeah, theyre gonna be hated. Eric Dickerson was talking about how in 3 years when theyre not so good people arent going to show any mercy towards them- How Belichick is gonna be the chump on the sidelines feeling hurt and disrespected when that happens because nobodys gonna show them mercy.

I couldnt hate the Pats more right now. But this isn't big enough for me to look at em and say "THOSE *******S!!!!" over. I dunno. This is a non-issue to me- unlike the cheating BS.

I think we should hanker down and watch history being made when that team suits up on sundays. Thats one damn good football team, as much as I hate do say it.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 06:47 PM
Sorry, you word is viewed here to be as credible as Belichickís.And you are the ultimate arbiter...the author of that which is usually undecipherable?

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 06:50 PM
Maybe he's not, but I'll second it. At least in terms of this thread.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 06:52 PM
And you are the ultimate arbiter...the author of that which is usually undecipherable?
What, you expect me to be surprised at your inability to understand others? You canít do that until you can see yourself clearly.
Youíre closing on me for number of posts after 3 months. Iíve been posting here and only here for 3 years.
Now assuming you actually do post over at Osama Central, you must have some of the most worn out fingers in modern history.
Your cup is full. You can hold no more.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 06:54 PM
Maybe he's not, but I'll second it. At least in terms of this thread.
Donít worry, this thread will soon be locked or merged.

marion butts
10-28-2007, 07:04 PM
i dont get what the debate is 4th and 2 on the Washington 37, up 45-0. You just dont go for it. Last week when asked why they did the fake spike play BB replied that the lead is not safe at the end of the first half. That is backed up as Houston came back in the 4th qtr down 32-7. 45-0 with 6:30 to go and going for it on 4th down is bad sportsmanship. Pats fans have to see that. Who cares in the long run. what may happen is that teams will be looking to cheap shot pat players. If/When that happens BB will only have himself to blame.

Pats are a great team this year, 8-0 is great. Good luck the rest of the season, though I will not be rooting for you.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 07:07 PM
...post about HOW IT IS. Exactly -- they are a great team, but nobody else is rooting for them. I hope to hell the Pats go 16-0, then lose in the playoffs. That would be great.

i dont get what the debate is 4th and 2 on the Washington 37, up 45-0. You just dont go for it. Last week when asked why they did the fake spike play BB replied that the lead is not safe at the end of the first half. That is backed up as Houston came back in the 4th qtr down 32-7. 45-0 with 6:30 to go and going for it on 4th down is bad sportsmanship. Pats fans have to see that. Who cares in the long run. what may happen is that teams will be looking to cheap shot pat players. If/When that happens BB will only have himself to blame.

Pats are a great team this year, 8-0 is great. Good luck the rest of the season, though I will not be rooting for you.

thumper300zx
10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
"We have our first potentially dominant team of the hard-cap era, but more importantly, we have our first true NFL villain since the Raiders in the late-'70s. People hate this team. They want them to lose."

Enjoy it -- because that's the way it is.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=simmons/bostonblog/071015

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 07:16 PM
What, you expect me to be surprised at your inability to understand others? You canít do that until you can see yourself clearly.
Youíre closing on me for number of posts after 3 months. Iíve been posting here and only here for 3 years.
Now assuming you actually do post over at Osama Central, you must have some of the most worn out fingers in modern history.
Your cup is full. You can hold no more.Yeah....I see what you mean. Perhaps you should post a little more, or maybe you shouldn't count posts, or maybe you shouldn't worry so much about how I choose to spend my time....I'm sure there is a point in your post. Let me mull it.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 07:17 PM
...post about HOW IT IS. Exactly -- they are a great team, but nobody else is rooting for them. I hope to hell the Pats go 16-0, then lose in the playoffs. That would be great.However the season ends, it will have been one helluva ride.

marion butts
10-28-2007, 07:22 PM
I also just wanted to mention to Sam Adams. I personally am not jealous of the pats. That would be like being jealous of all the superbowl teams that came before the pats. (The pats didnt even win the superbowl last year). I root for my chargers, end of story. Back in 2001 (I dont know if you remember, you may have been a Rams fan back then) the Pats came in as the underdog and a great story, they came out as a team out of the tunnel and took the game by storm. Most were rooting for them, I remember I was. They won as a team. they were a good story. they were an underdog. They have changed now. They have set themselves up as the villian. Whether it is BB tossing a cameraman out of the way to shake Manginis hand or not shaking his hand at all, or brady running off the field without shaking hands or stomping on our homefield doing the lights out dance, or using cameras illegally or running up the score they have set themselves up as the villians. You backing them is justified since youre a fan but you also have to give in a little when you see something so blatantly unsportsmanlike. Calling us little children and talking about your teams record is juvenile and shows to me at least you are backed into a corner and have no response. Good luck with trying to rationalize it, I dont know what i would do in your situation.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 07:32 PM
Yeah....I see what you mean. Perhaps you should post a little more, or maybe you shouldn't count posts, or maybe you shouldn't worry so much about how I choose to spend my time....I'm sure there is a point in your post. Let me mull it.
So then, donít waste your time worrying about how other people view the Cheatriots
Donít waste your time learning how to mull at our age. It would take a near death experience for you to gain any insight.
My guess is that you have been banned on your own board, so you come here.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 07:37 PM
So then, donít waste your time worrying about how other people view the Cheatriots
Donít waste your time learning how to mull at our age. It would take a near death experience for you to gain any insight.
My guess is that you have been banned on your own board, so you come here.And you would be wrong. Next shot.

Again, don't worry how or where I spend MY time., and don't get too concerned about the issues I choose to get invloved with. You seem a great deal more concerned about me than with anything else. It's cool...I'm OK, and I haven't been banned from anywhere.

Thanks for your concern.

Sam Adams
10-28-2007, 07:39 PM
I also just wanted to mention to Sam Adams. I personally am not jealous of the pats. That would be like being jealous of all the superbowl teams that came before the pats. (The pats didnt even win the superbowl last year). I root for my chargers, end of story. Back in 2001 (I dont know if you remember, you may have been a Rams fan back then) the Pats came in as the underdog and a great story, they came out as a team out of the tunnel and took the game by storm. Most were rooting for them, I remember I was. They won as a team. they were a good story. they were an underdog. They have changed now. They have set themselves up as the villian. Whether it is BB tossing a cameraman out of the way to shake Manginis hand or not shaking his hand at all, or brady running off the field without shaking hands or stomping on our homefield doing the lights out dance, or using cameras illegally or running up the score they have set themselves up as the villians. You backing them is justified since youre a fan but you also have to give in a little when you see something so blatantly unsportsmanlike. Calling us little children and talking about your teams record is juvenile and shows to me at least you are backed into a corner and have no response. Good luck with trying to rationalize it, I dont know what i would do in your situation.A Rams fan?? Are you insane?

I am from Maine. I have been a Pats fan for 2/3 of my life.

Win something. You will feel a great deal better.

DefenseWins
10-28-2007, 07:42 PM

Hmmm... so much for that NHRA stuff, you just can't give up trying to defend the undefendable.

I do greatly enjoy stopping by now and again, watching you twist in the wind without a clue :D

Enjoy yourself... who knows, maybe one day the light will turn on for you :LightsOut:

Oh... BTW, there's a sale on down at Cheap-n-Cheaters - trophy polish, 3 cans for $2. You'll need it, along with an industrial strength polisher to even try to get those nasty stains off :Football:

marion butts
10-28-2007, 07:43 PM
forget it, youre useless.

Shamrock
10-28-2007, 07:48 PM
The Pats have ZERO class ......

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 07:49 PM
And you would be wrong. Next shot.

Again, don't worry how or where I spend MY time., and don't get too concerned about the issues I choose to get invloved with. You seem a great deal more concerned about me than with anything else. It's cool...I'm OK, and I haven't been banned from anywhere.

Thanks for your concern.
See one of my previous posts for my opinion on the validity of your statements.
invloved There's a Freudian slip on what you really want. You can't get that until you find it inside yourself.

boltsareback
10-28-2007, 07:50 PM
I'm rooting for the Rockies, as pointless as that might be, just out of spite for the general Boston area. Screw 'em!

LT82
10-28-2007, 07:57 PM
I just don't agree with leaving Brady in when the game was clearly won.

BostonBolt
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
Do they have a great team? Yes. Do they have class commensurate to a great organization? A resounding "no". I hope that they'll enjoy their new status as most reviled team in the NFL.

kcfan4life
10-28-2007, 08:03 PM
So tell me, if your Bellichick and you up 35-0 in the 4th quarter.........do you......

A) Run the clock out.
B) Take out your starters
C) Throw a 40yd bomb to Randy Moss in an attempt to completely embarrass a team that has no business being on the same field as you. And then lay it on some more by using your entire playbook full of rollouts and screen passes?????

Answer C!!!!!!!!!

It is currently 52-0 with 7mins left in the 4th quarter.i been gone for a while and i come back in here and you bolts fans are still more concerned about the pats than your own team,i swear its sounds just like the bengals message boards get over it who cares how many points the pats score,its the other teams job to prevent them from scoring.

PR17
10-28-2007, 08:11 PM
The point is guys we need to stop worrying about the pats and class. In time the Pats great glory will all fall down this year. The best team in the NFL will suffer and be proved wrong next week and also will fall down hard once they fail to make it to the superbowl and then we all can have a laugh and Bellicheck will get his Karma for cheating.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 08:16 PM
Another brilliant comment brought to us by Sun Diego...

I digress. I think our Chargers can learn a thing or two from these Patriots. They always have the pedal to the metal. They jump on teams early and don't stop till the clock shows 00:00. I call it having KILLER INSTINCTS, that's how you're suppose to play.

Herm Edwards said, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME".

Who gives a **** about the other team. This is not POP WARNER, it is PRO FOOTBALL!!! I agree, dancing on a team's logo AFTER the game is CLASSLESS, KICKING another team's backside for 4 quarters is far from CLASSLESS, and it's what I want our CHARGERS to start doing.
Not me, Iím too old to find another team, and Iím not ready to give up watching football.
I would rather that they play to win the game.
Throwing a 60 yard pass into the endzone with 1 second left on the clock, when you're up by 2 scores doesn't seem too bright to me.

Colsrob
10-28-2007, 08:18 PM
Let it go people. For many years, every team in the league used to run up the score on the Patriots. Their fans hated it then, but this is not then. It is now, and you will be hard pressed to get the majority to see it as running up the score.

It may reek of hypocrisy, but their is nothing anyone can do about it. Best bet, is to not pay attention to it. Its not worth wasting time even bothering to think about it.

marion butts
10-28-2007, 08:23 PM
Let it go people. For many years, every team in the league used to run up the score on the Patriots. Their fans hated it then, but this is not then. It is now, and you will be hard pressed to get the majority to see it as running up the score.

It may reek of hypocrisy, but their is nothing anyone can do about it. Best bet, is to not pay attention to it. Its not worth wasting time even bothering to think about it.

I dont get what youre saying. Up 45-0 and going for it on 4th and 2, is trying to run up the score.

What teams ran up the score against the pats and when were these years. Just because they lost, doesnt mean teams were running up the score.

The majority (that I can tell) are thinking they are running up the score. Read the link to ESPN article in this thread.

SD Snake
10-28-2007, 08:24 PM
No class whatsoever

Jubilation T. Cornpone
10-28-2007, 08:26 PM

I agree. The Pats will be who they are. That is their nature.
They canít change until they get a new coach.
After all, no one expects the Raiders to change as long as Al Davis is around.

LT82
10-28-2007, 08:34 PM

So true, I couldnt agree more.

crixus
10-28-2007, 09:09 PM
Bellicheat will get his when they lose to the Colts. It's Karma Kramer!

40yrpatsfan
10-28-2007, 09:22 PM
So true, I couldnt agree more.

Maybe Brady was in there for one more series than he should have been, but it raises the question: in a rout, WHEN do you stop playing? At halftime? at the end of the 3rd qtr? When, exactly? I think most coaches think in terms of half way through the 4th qtr, not sooner than that. Just last week a team came back from 30 points behind in < 1 qtr.

NE plays hard when they're out there. They're not thinking of the other team's feelings. A lot of Pats fans were kind of wishing Brady would be on the bench sooner to avoid an injury, but it's the way they think.

China Bolt Fan
10-28-2007, 09:37 PM
I am pretty sure that the Redskins collected a check for this game today. Why did they quit playing?

Do you expect an NFL team to kneel down on the ball for the entire second half?

Are the starters for New England so superior that they need to play their backups for the entire second half to make the game competitive.

I would love the Chargers to have some killer instinct. Why didn't they score any points in the 2nd half today? In reality, the Chargers offense only outscored the Texans 21-10 and they actually were outscored in the 2nd half.