PDA

View Full Version : Jersey Thread -- Move it back? Or Put in Jersey Section...

thumper300zx
03-04-2008, 07:20 PM
REQUEST for "CHARGERS GEAR and JERSEYS" section!!!

Many people on this board have continual interest in jerseys. For whatever reason, a mod decided to move the longest running jersey thread to OFF-TOPIC (despite, on perhaps IN SPITE of, 1,899 posts, 73,357 views since 3/20/2007).

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=40849

I personally think this was a poor move -- does anyone think the jersey thread gets in the way? I understand merging it with some of the others that come around -- that's fine. But to move it somewhere invisible seems like a personal decision from someone that just didn't like the topic.

The jersey thread is devoted to helping fans like you and I get what we're looking for so we can show off at the games. It generates good, participatory interest by being in a visible spot. With all the choices out there (and the possibility that some people don't want to end up with fake products), I personally feel the thread should be moved back to the GENERAL DISCUSSIONS section.

If it is not moved back, I think we should at least have a JERSEY section. It will be used. The jersey thread should not be clumped into such topics as Nintendo Wii, Word Association Game, Padres, and Knight Rider, where no one will ever see it. It's good news (Chargers Gospel) for everyone, and people will miss out if it's not right there for them to see.

RAWDOGG
03-04-2008, 07:24 PM
That's my bad, well not physically..........http://forums.chargers.com/images/icons/icon11.gif

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=1936670&postcount=21

Carefull about calling the mods out though, I have been banned for it http://forums.chargers.com/images/icons/icon6.gif

MUNG
03-04-2008, 07:25 PM
I think :
a. The jersey thread should have stayed here
b. This thread should be moved to the off topic section
c. There should be no threads about threads

Shamrock
03-04-2008, 07:34 PM
It should be in off topic .... because it is.

Jubilation T. Cornpone
03-04-2008, 07:35 PM
I donít ever remember clicking on and opening the Jersey thread, so I will not vote in this poll.

Danny
03-04-2008, 10:27 PM
Either put it back or create a new jersey section. As everyone has said previously, it's not off-topic as we're talking about Charger-related issues

Lucid
03-04-2008, 10:33 PM
I believe air was created to blow up basketballs.

Colsrob
03-04-2008, 10:37 PM
I don't like the new jerseys, so I voted who cares. I don't like, I won't buy.I wouldn't want to discuss something that I could care less about.

But apparently there a a lot that do....or a few that do a lot. In their defense I will post this:

General Discussions
This is the place to discuss everything to do with the San Diego Chargers.

Off Topic
Aztecs, News, Tech ... If it’s not Chargers it goes here.

I may be going out on a limb, but I do believe that Charger jerseys are part of 'everything to do with the Chargers'. Maybe i'm like certain coaches though, and have mis-read the meaning of everything.

Then again, seeing as this post apprears to be questioning a post move....wouldn't it be better located in the Feedback forum?

Besides, when I visit here, I always use the new post link. I get to see everything new that has been posted, reguardless of which forum it's from.

lurk
03-04-2008, 10:49 PM
Either put it back or create a new jersey section. As everyone has said previously, it's not off-topic as we're talking about Charger-related issues
:LightsOut:

I wondered where that thread went for a while.

thumper300zx
03-05-2008, 08:11 AM
Another point -- if you allow a heavily used (single) jersey thread to continue on the general board, and then just merge any new ones, you'll have one visible jersey thread that everyone can refer to. If you move it out of general, I think you'll get bombarded with jersey threads and that would be more cluttered than having a dedicated thread. It's either that or put it in a jersey section to keep it organized in one place. I know it's a specific topic, but we're talking tens of thousands of hits on the topic -- JERSEYS are a popular topic.

When sales pop up, it's good to have the thread in a visible place so people won't miss out (you get a 50% off sale and post it in OFF-TOPIC, nobody will see it).

SD4ME
03-05-2008, 10:03 AM
I don't care either way. I actually hate any threads that are over 250 posts because my comp at work cant handle it in Hybrid Mode o_O

RAWDOGG
03-05-2008, 04:53 PM
Looks like most people really don't care

Jubilation T. Cornpone
03-05-2008, 05:00 PM
Looks like most people really don't care
I donít know.
Almost a third of the voters say create a Jersey section.
Thatís pretty significant.
Of course, not many have voted, so that may say something too.

thumper300zx
03-05-2008, 05:22 PM
I would evaluate it as follows -- a slight majority (combined) either want it back on the main page or want a jersey section. So, it seems like a jersey section would be the best option to keep everyone happy.

I still think there are plenty of people that will miss out on seeing a SALE notification that would otherwise never go to the jersey section, but it's likely those posts will get posted on the general board first anyway, and then be there for a bit before they are moved.

Many people view jersey threads and don't post. They are interested, but just don't have anything to contribute. It's a high volume topic.

I probably should've made option 3 in the poll:

3) Just keep it off the General Board.

and option 4:

4) Don't care at all. Whatever will be will be.

Aloha619
03-05-2008, 09:46 PM
Thumper-

Perhaps you should change the 2nd option to read: Create a CHARGERS GEAR Thread.

A Chargers Gear Thread could encompass a wide range of Chargers merchandise; and would allow fans to easily share info about something many of us fans enjoy....buying Chargers gear (which in turn supports the Chargers).

Whether it's learning that a retailer is having a 50% off jersey sale, looking for particular Chargers jacket or hat, finding elusive tailgating gear and learning the truth about the majority of jerseys sold on eBay.

Bottom Line: A Chargers Gear Thread would be useful, practical and yes, Chargers related.

RAWDOGG
03-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Thumper-

Perhaps you should change the 2nd option to read: Create a CHARGERS GEAR Thread.

A Chargers Gear Thread could encompass a wide range of Chargers merchandise; and would allow fans to easily share info about something many of us fans enjoy....buying Chargers gear (which in turn supports the Chargers).

Whether it's learning that a retailer is having a 50% off jersey sale, looking for particular Chargers jacket or hat, finding elusive tailgating gear and learning the truth about the majority of jerseys sold on eBay.

Bottom Line: A Chargers Gear Thread would be useful, practical and yes, Chargers related.

I like that idea http://forums.chargers.com/images/icons/icon14.gif

thumper300zx
03-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Good idea -- Chargers Gear is more catchy, and more broad. Now, if only a Mod would read this and take some action :)

Then all the jersey freaks can keep out of the general section, and all the jersey/gear info will be in one, clean, visible place.

Thumper-

RAWDOGG
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Good idea -- Chargers Gear is more catchy, and more broad. Now, if only a Mod would read this and take some action :)

Then all the jersey freaks can keep out of the general section, and all the jersey/gear info will be in one, clean, visible place.

Post it down in the "Feedback" section

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=51632

allenofray
03-05-2008, 10:01 PM
great idea. i would call it,

ALOHA619's CHARGERS GEAR THREAD

thumper300zx
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
Post it down in the "Feedback" section

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=51632

Thanks -- I posted a request in the feedback section.

Al "T.D." Bundy
03-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Thanks -- I posted a request in the feedback section.

I'd like to see it, but don't hold your breath.

xXCharger BoyXx
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
we should create one

RAWDOGG
03-06-2008, 11:17 PM
HAHAHAHA

The thread got moved..........

thumper300zx
03-07-2008, 08:24 AM
LMAO -- now nobody will see it.

RAWDOGG
03-07-2008, 10:11 AM
LMAO -- now nobody will see it.

It is kind of sad that we have a friars section on the Charger forum, but this Charger related thread (and many others) gets moved to areas where there are no posting traffic

Dan40
03-10-2008, 04:09 PM
The general discussions section is about Chargers football.

Uniforms as a topic doesn't fall under that - just like the old cheerleaders threads.

This message board really wasn't created to provide a classified ad service to the fans. There is a section already created for tickets - but that's mostly so fans can get an opportunity to see the games.

This is just the way I see it - if you guys really want such a section, you can request it of Joel. I'm thinking the message board has too many categories anyway.

And I don't agree with having a Padres section here, either.

thumper300zx
03-11-2008, 01:00 AM
Agreed. We're talking TENS OF THOUSANDS of hits on this thread, and thousands of posts...it would be well used, and much more used than some of the other seldom used threads.

Also, it would make it easy and justifiable to move any GEAR/JERSEY related thread out of general and into the CHARGERS GEAR thread.

RAWDOGG
03-11-2008, 02:09 PM
The general discussions section is about Chargers football.

Uniforms as a topic doesn't fall under that - just like the old cheerleaders threads.

This message board really wasn't created to provide a classified ad service to the fans. There is a section already created for tickets - but that's mostly so fans can get an opportunity to see the games.

This is just the way I see it - if you guys really want such a section, you can request it of Joel. I'm thinking the message board has too many categories anyway.

And I don't agree with having a Padres section here, either.

Glad we agree on something http://forums.chargers.com/images/icons/icon7.gif