williammg
03-31-2008, 09:30 PM
I'm watching the game on mlb right now.

How about that great power hitter #44 2-2 with 2 rbi right now

2-0 Pads top of 5th right now

Go Pads

SCinsFan
03-31-2008, 10:55 PM
WTG Peavy. ERA of zero and batting 1.000. Hope he gets the win.

SuperMatt
04-01-2008, 12:37 AM
Great performance by the Peav!

Some real nice work at the plate by newcomers Tadahito and McAnulty.

Nice start to the year.

LongRobbDiego
04-01-2008, 02:53 AM
Nice win! They looked really not bad to me. However, while I like watching the Pad's, I don't get into baseball, like I do football, but I find myself getting more interested these past couple years...

Could someone else in brief explain to me: Did the Pad's look that good?, or did the Asstro's kinda make it easy to look that way?-and how can you tell the difference?

Houston's pitching looked pretty bad to my untrained eye...

C}{ARG3R
04-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Well some may say that they'd be surprised if the Padres did well this year, but I say the opposite. I'd be surprised if they didn't win their division.

To me the west is no competition and it's ours to win.

leftyinthepen
04-01-2008, 10:21 AM
Well some may say that they'd be surprised if the Padres did well this year, but I say the opposite. I'd be surprised if they didn't win their division.

To me the west is no competition and it's ours to win.

i don't know, just look at arizona....webb mowed them down yesterday, and they pulled 3 HR's out....the team in arizona is going to be very tough....the dodgers are no joke either....thay are going to be very good....

winning this division is not going to be easy at all....

SuperCharger81
04-01-2008, 03:42 PM
Peavy won that game almost single handedly. He drove in the winning run and shut down the opposition for 7 innings. I'm glad they tacked on a couple of extra runs that didn't belong to Peavy. Although I'm still not sure about this offense. I kind of think Peavy might be a pretty decent position player if he ever gave it a try (well at least at the plate).

I'm so glad he's on our team and not the opposition's.

Timmet2332
04-01-2008, 07:58 PM
I thought the offense looked pretty good actually. They were spraying the ball all over the field, and there base running was superb. Sure they left a few runners in scoring position, but all and all, they pressured Oswalt nicely, and scored when they needed to.

With Maddux and Young healthy, the prospect of Prior coming back within a couple months is very promising for the Padres pitching staff.

I would say the Padres looked quite good last night. Especially Peavy!!! Back to back Cy Youngs FTW!!!

SCinsFan
04-03-2008, 07:43 PM
Sweet, we take the series- and so close to sweeping. I hope Trevor hasn't lost it.

JCDavey
04-03-2008, 07:52 PM
Sweet, we take the series- and so close to sweeping. I hope Trevor hasn't lost it.he hasn't, he's the same pitcher he's always been

always blowing 1-7 saves annually

now maddux on the other hand looks like twice baked **** (aside from his glove)

SCinsFan
04-03-2008, 08:14 PM
he hasn't, he's the same pitcher he's always been

always blowing 1-7 saves annually

now maddux on the other hand looks like twice baked **** (aside from his glove)

Hey JC, are you gonna start posting here now instead of the off topic thread?

Well in that case I'm all for him getting those seven out of the way now and not on a vital play off spot clinching game. ;)

mccharger
04-03-2008, 08:21 PM

Well in that case I'm all for him getting those seven out of the way now and not on a vital play off spot clinching game. ;)or two for that matter...;)

Good Days Last2
04-04-2008, 12:26 AM
Pads took 3 of 4 from this series... and now I"m TOO excited for the Dodger series.

JCDavey
04-04-2008, 04:11 AM

Well in that case I'm all for him getting those seven out of the way now and not on a vital play off spot clinching game. ;)tell that to peavy too

he was far worse that game

let him know to get his garbage pitching out of the way in april lol

David110
04-04-2008, 08:29 AM

Well in that case I'm all for him getting those seven out of the way now and not on a vital play off spot clinching game. ;)

Any loss the Pads suffered last year hurt the team, not just Trevor's last 2 blown saves. How about this loss, that everybody seems to froget. Chris Young blew a 4-0 lead against the D-Backs in July, yet he's getting a free pass. Win that game, and ther is no games 163.

leftyinthepen
04-04-2008, 09:19 AM
Any loss the Pads suffered last year hurt the team, not just Trevor's last 2 blown saves. How about this loss, that everybody seems to froget. Chris Young blew a 4-0 lead against the D-Backs in July, yet he's getting a free pass. Win that game, and ther is no games 163.

yeah, you can go back to any number of games that the pads lost during the season, and if they didn't lose it would be different.....

i mean, peavy only won 19 games last season, if he wins 20, pads are in the post season.....