PDA

View Full Version : Get rid of Kevin Towers/ Hoffman

GOBOLTZLT21
04-06-2008, 04:49 PM
As i type this, hoffman just gave up the lead in the 9th VS the dodgers, hes old, get rid of him, keep heath bell as a closer

Kevin Towers needs to go, he keeps getting old washed up players like Jim Edmonds and Tony Clark.

AJ SMITH FOR PADRES MANAGER!!!!!!!!!

JCDavey
04-06-2008, 04:53 PM
As i type this, hoffman just gave up the lead in the 9th VS the dodgers, hes old, get rid of him, keep heath bell as a closer

Kevin Towers needs to go, he keeps getting old washed up players like Jim Edmonds and Tony Clark.

AJ SMITH FOR PADRES MANAGER!!!!!!!!!get rid of unknowledgeable fans like you

the real retard in this situation is bud black for putting a closer into a 2-2 game when the setup man was (aside from furcal's walk) pitching great

bud black = retard of the year

GOBOLTZLT21
04-06-2008, 04:58 PM
get rid of unknowledgeable fans like you

the real retard in this situation is bud black for putting a closer into a 2-2 game when the setup man was (aside from furcal's walk) pitching great

bud black = retard of the year

OKAY... if u didnt notice hoffmans way past his prime and yes your right, its bud blacks fault for putting him in, i would have left heath bell in. but still why go get Jim edmonds, yesterday peavy could have had a no hitter, those to balls to edmonds were very catchable.

JCDavey
04-06-2008, 05:06 PM
OKAY... if u didnt notice hoffmans way past his prime and yes your right, its bud blacks fault for putting him in, i would have left heath bell in. but still why go get Jim edmonds, yesterday peavy could have had a no hitter, those to balls to edmonds were very catchable.i'm not denying we're a cheap-ass organization who can't hit worth a damn at all

i'm just saying hoffman's the same exact pitcher he's always been and he's one guy who is going to feel the brunt of this moronic organization who fails to pursue quality hitting.

literally the same exact pitcher, and just because his age is being recognized now by fans, they use it as an excuse to want to get rid of him, as if bell is going to solve our crappy hitting franchise...he won't, nothing will till the franchise gets serious like the top teams

and yes detroit is serious, but still 0-5 , but at least they spend and try, we don't spend, because we're a cheap ass organization, and we have been for most of our existence.

thank god tony never pursued top dollar, or played in this type of baseball economy.

trevor = easy target for a franchise that fails for alot more reasons than can be laid on him

what an anemic embarrassment we are most days

SD Snake
04-06-2008, 05:08 PM

AJ SMITH FOR PADRES MANAGER!!!!!!!!!
Tony Clark may be old but he was a padre killer last year and today he drew a walk in a key situation. Trevor shouldnt come in if we dont have the lead , Black shouldve put Meredith in

JCDavey
04-06-2008, 05:11 PM
Tony Clark may be old but he was a padre killer last year and today he drew a walk in a key situation. Trevor shouldnt come in if we dont have the lead , Black shouldve put Meredith inexactly, we have a moron for a manager

HULKtheBOLT
04-06-2008, 05:13 PM
I'm not so sure about keeping Bell in there an extra inning no matter how well he pitched. Its a long year, you don't want to use up your set up too much early on. I can't blame you for putting Hoffman in the 9th. I would have gone to another guy in the bullpen like say Meridith, Edgar Gonzalez, or anyone who didn't even warm up yesterday.

However, I don't know what makes you think Towers sucks as a GM. He does what he can with the budget that John Moore$ gives him. Look at the pitching staff this guy has built. Its one of the best the whole league. He built this team on pitching and defense on a limited budget. You can't blame Towers! Chill you guys, theres so many games left in a LONG season.

mccharger
04-06-2008, 05:16 PM
Its not KTs fault he has such a tight budget. He does well for what he has. Besides what has AJ Smith done that KT hasnt? ...As for Hoffman I agree he is past his prime and that it might be time to look toward the future. I would guess this is his final season.

JCDavey
04-06-2008, 05:32 PM
Its not KTs fault he has such a tight budget. He does well for what he has. Besides what has AJ Smith done that KT hasnt? ...As for Hoffman I agree he is past his prime and that it might be time to look toward the future. I would guess this is his final season.yeah towers is not the culprit in this instance, in fact for what he's gotten out of this team (always in the wildcard-division lead hunt despite some real crap cheap ownership) towers has done a highly commendable job

bud black on the other hand, is putting a closer into a tie game, instead of riding with the hot hand, and injuring our own players (during a race to the playoffs no less)

mccharger
04-06-2008, 05:33 PM
yeah towers is not the culprit in this instance, in fact for what he's gotten out of this team (always in the wildcard-division lead hunt despite some real crap cheap ownership) towers has done a highly commendable job

bud black on the other hand, is putting a closer into a tie game, instead of riding with the hot hand, and injuring our own players (during a race to the playoffs no less)Yeah but Bochy would do the same thing from time to time. Just a bad break at the end. Leadoff walks kill.

boltpride515
04-06-2008, 05:47 PM
Im really looking forward to Trev saving 20 games this year. Unfortunately he'll probably blow 40.

williammg
04-06-2008, 06:36 PM
It was a bad game for hoffy, and i was pissed as well, but the walks are killing us

GOBOLTZLT21
04-06-2008, 08:06 PM
When i posted this, it was during the 9th so i was mad and spoke out of my a$$, all in all its baseball, theres 100+ left. on the other hand, we need a catcher who can throw out base runners

JCDavey
04-07-2008, 12:02 AM
Im really looking forward to Trev saving 20 games this year. Unfortunately he'll probably blow 40.he's blown 1 save this season, and he's never blown over 7 in an entire season, and today wasn't a blown save...mensa

Al "T.D." Bundy
04-07-2008, 12:14 PM
Don't hassle the Hoff, man!

TJ-Charger-Fan
04-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Deja Vu

Fans a reacting just like the Chargers 1-3 start last year. It's over, it's done! blow Norv out!

We're a week into the season for gods sake. It's not like were at the All Star break and he's blown 80% of his save opportunities and the team is 20 games back.

GOBOLTZLT21
04-07-2008, 04:18 PM
ive got alot more faith in the chargers then the padres

BayAreaCharger
04-08-2008, 01:27 AM

Blasphemy!

David110
04-08-2008, 07:29 PM

It's easy to say that when the Chargers are the odds on favorite to win the AFC West, while the Pads are picked to finish 4th in the NL west.