PDA

View Full Version : Were Not In Last Anymore!!!!!!!

AZLightsOut19
05-29-2008, 10:50 PM
Holy crap!!! I never thought we would leave the bottom of the cellar this season. Plus with the recent struggles of the Diamondbacks the Padres are only 9.5 games out of first!!! Keep it going guys, one game at a time.

CRObar
05-30-2008, 01:49 AM
not sure how excited we should be, we only won our 4th series tonight. At this point without a major turn around we could be toast unless we pull off a nice run the next few weeks. And I mean a NICE run combined with the D-Backs continuing to struggle on a more permanent basis. NOt being negative, but being real. This homer streak has to stick around to compete

AZLightsOut19
05-30-2008, 07:28 AM
not sure how excited we should be, we only won our 4th series tonight. At this point without a major turn around we could be toast unless we pull off a nice run the next few weeks. And I mean a NICE run combined with the D-Backs continuing to struggle on a more permanent basis. NOt being negative, but being real. This homer streak has to stick around to compete
I know, small steps dude. If this is the only thing I can get excited about this season I will take it. Whether we come all the way back in the standings or not, its at least nice to see some W's.

Itís been a long time since the Padres were a cellar team, I donít like it much. Anything but the cellar; I donít want to feel like a Royals fan.

mccharger
05-30-2008, 10:20 AM
We are not out of this thing considering how weak the NL West suddenly appears.

Lucid
05-30-2008, 10:27 AM
I feel a world series ring coming on!!!

AZLightsOut19
05-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I feel a world series ring coming on!!!
Hell yeah!!!

Al "T.D." Bundy
05-30-2008, 10:57 AM
The Padres are now the SECOND worst team in the league! Break out the Champagne!!

http://www.sdhoc.com/main/articles/padres/Padrestitle/Image00008865

David110
05-30-2008, 11:00 AM
While the Dodgers, who were supopsed to contend for the NL West crown, is 1 game under .500. Good one guys.

RandomTask
05-30-2008, 11:18 AM
NL West is up for grabs because the D'backs came back down to Earth. Giants are playing good ball. Dodgers and Rockies are both hit and miss.

Al "T.D." Bundy
05-30-2008, 02:43 PM
While the Dodgers, who were supopsed to contend for the NL West crown, is 1 game under .500. Good one guys.

Which has what, exactly, to do with the Padres sucking so bad?

Last time I checked, the Dodgers ARE in contention for the NL West Crown. Since when is 3 and a half games back IN MAY out of contention?! :confused:

Considering the Padres were a game away from the NL West crown last year, what's the bigger disappointment: LA being a game under .500, or the Pads being a game away from worst in all of baseball?

Bolt Cola
05-30-2008, 03:09 PM
dodgers have a whole 5 more wins than the Padres. we'll see what is up next week when we play you guys again.

David110
05-30-2008, 04:09 PM

Last time I checked, the Dodgers ARE in contention for the NL West Crown. Since when is 3 and a half games back IN MAY out of contention?! :confused:

Considering the Padres were a game away from the NL West crown last year, what's the bigger disappointment: LA being a game under .500, or the Pads being a game away from worst in all of baseball?

Well, since LA spent 36 million on a .150 hitter, and have arguably the best manager in baseball (who in fact is a crappy NL manager) , I would have to say the Dodgers. There was hope for this team and to be 1 game under .500, even though it's May, is a dissappointment.

AZLightsOut19
05-30-2008, 06:48 PM

Acually the Rockies being the worst team not only in the NL but in baseball after making it to the WS is the biggest disappointment to be honest.

CRObar
05-30-2008, 07:25 PM
Acually the Rockies being the worst team not only in the NL but in baseball after making it to the WS is the biggest disappointment to be honest.
I'd have to agree, but at least they have injuries to blame...outside of Peavy, and we sucked before he went down, we have nooone to blame but ourselves (ok and maybe a lil of Jim Edmonds)

RAWDOGG
05-30-2008, 08:52 PM
The Padres are now the SECOND worst team in the league! Break out the Champagne!!

http://www.sdhoc.com/main/articles/padres/Padrestitle/Image00008865

HAHAHAHAHA :Cheers:

Southstander
05-30-2008, 08:54 PM
Any team that's in the same div. as the Rockies, will never be in the basement for very long

AZLightsOut19
05-31-2008, 12:26 AM
8.5 back of the Snakes now. Keep it rolling guys!!!

56lightsout56
05-31-2008, 09:52 AM
Any team that's in the same div. as the Rockies, will never be in the basement for very long

that team's season so far is perplexing. one would not expect that from how they finished last year.

Granted they lost Tulowitzki earlier but also lost hawpe, barmes, atkins and holliday.

thats a bad string of injuries to overcome.

heck, every team in that division has a losing road record and the pads, giants and rocks even have losing home records.

the Zonies are only 11-13 but they have had a lot more home games.

poetic justice would be the rays winning that AL east somehow, now that would just shock those red sox fans

TJ-Charger-Fan
05-31-2008, 09:21 PM
As i heard Xtra Sports 1360 in the morning today the host Craig Elsten brought up a point: if the Padres continue to win and are within an arms length of the division leaders by the trading deadline instead of getting rid of the non productive and aging players would they keep'em in favor of possibly competing?

The current run the Pads are in now could be an aberration and the team could be out of the race by the all star break so the point would be moot but if not then what? Could the Padres winning actually hurt the future of the club in the long run?
Or is this actually a good team that just stumbled at the beginning?
Players that were under performing are slowly coming around so who knows maybe a playoff run isnt out of the question?

Guess we'll have to wait a couple months and see where the team will go.

RandomTask
06-01-2008, 11:36 AM
HAHAHAHAHA :Cheers:

Hey at least the Padres have won a division title more recently then the Codgers.

Get to abover .500 before you start talking smack ;)

SCinsFan
06-01-2008, 11:48 AM
LOL, this is great. Feels just like old times. :D

Boltman2004
06-02-2008, 12:35 AM
Haha you guys are funny. Good luck Monday, Tues, and Wed.

AZLightsOut19
06-08-2008, 06:07 PM
So far so good! We are making a great run at getting back in this race for the West. This is slowly getting exciting.

mccharger
06-08-2008, 06:38 PM
So far so good! We are making a great run at getting back in this race for the West. This is slowly getting exciting.im keepin the faith....or at least its been restored.

AZLightsOut19
06-09-2008, 07:40 AM
im keepin the faith....or at least its been restored.
I feel ya! It's fun watching a team that actually has a chance to compete.

SuperMatt
06-09-2008, 01:47 PM
Amazing the difference a five game win streak can mean, right?

All of a sudden, that light that had gotten so faint is starting to glimmer again.

Haha.

Good thing the rest of the division sucks, too!

mccharger
06-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Amazing the difference a five game win streak can mean, right?

All of a sudden, that light that had gotten so faint is starting to glimmer again.

Haha.

Good thing the rest of the division sucks, too!I know...We are 6.5 game back only!

SuperCharger81
06-17-2008, 12:58 AM
Alright guys I have a tendency to be skeptical of this team (and I hate Moores and his cheap a$$ ways), but does anyone believe this is the start of a charge to the division crown or a small spurt that will fizzle out in the second half?

leftyinthepen
06-17-2008, 01:10 AM
this week going to yankee stadium, no matter how inconsistant the yanks are playing, will show us all something...

you also have to wonder if they are going to be buying instead of selling come trading deadline day

Satcong_21
06-24-2008, 09:58 PM
Ahhh...Low expectation once again, eh Pads fans? Just like winning the NL West in the past was it...Who cares about the WS or made it past round 1 in playoffs......NOT!

Oh wait, Pads are back in the cellar again.....Good thing the rest of NL West sucks as well...Keeping Faith, y'all! :rolleyes: