PDA

View Full Version : Josh Banks!

mccharger
05-31-2008, 04:42 PM
Are you kidding me? I know it was just the Giants, but still a complete game shut out is amazing vs any team. Not to mention how good he was in his last appearance in extra innings. Lets hope he can keep it up. Props to Josh and you heard it here first, this team will make the playoffs. I know its ridiculous but this division sucks and so do we so its perfect.(perhaps its the afternoon Miller Lite Talking ). Go Pads!

Edit: so he gave up a run as I was typing but who cares? Still impressive.

JCDavey
05-31-2008, 06:46 PM
just the giants

he does it vs zona i'll be excited, hopefully he proves to be for real

mccharger
05-31-2008, 07:32 PM
just the giants

he does it vs zona i'll be excited, hopefully he proves to be for realYour right but still impressive, let nots forget the Giants are better than the Pads and Rockies.(so far)

JCDavey
05-31-2008, 08:08 PM
Your right but still impressive, let nots forget the Giants are better than the Pads and Rockies.(so far)it's also impressive i guess, that it wasn't done at petco, where it seems like anyone and their mother would have been able to toss a shutout

Bolt Cola
05-31-2008, 09:00 PM
Good Thing that Banks is tearing it up because Shawn Estes fell down the steps and broke his thumb in ATT Park...hopefully Peavy can make it back this week and we wont have to miss a beat. Mad props to Banks though

David110
05-31-2008, 09:06 PM
just the giants

he does it vs zona i'll be excited, hopefully he proves to be for real

A complete game is a complete game. Impressive non the less.

56lightsout56
06-01-2008, 12:14 PM
it's also impressive i guess, that it wasn't done at petco, where it seems like anyone and their mother would have been able to toss a shutout

i can see it now;

"45 yo beer league pitcher pitches shut out"

SuperMatt
06-02-2008, 04:02 PM
I haven't actually seen this kid pitch yet, but from listening to what he's done and following on the radio, he doesn't waste any time. He throws strikes and goes after hitters. That's what it takes in this league (along with some stuff).

He's been a great find so far, here's to him keeping it up! :Cheers:

Foleyfan14
06-03-2008, 12:36 PM
And we got him for almost nothing..........dindn't we claim him off waivers from the Blue jays?

mccharger
06-05-2008, 10:07 PM
Another outstanding performance for Banks. Shame we dont have an offense.

JCDavey
06-05-2008, 10:28 PM
it will be interesting to see if guys like banks and volquez are still good after the league gets a good look at them

germano anyone?

i'm not holding my breath, but it would be cool if he's legit

mccharger
06-05-2008, 10:30 PM
it will be interesting to see if guys like banks and volquez are still good after the league gets a good look at them

germano anyone?

i'm not holding my breath, but it would be cool if he's legitGermano is exactly who i thought of, lets hope not. Funny that I thought the exact same thing. Regardless the kid deserves much credit.

SuperMatt
06-06-2008, 11:49 AM
Yeah, it usually takes half a season or so for scouts to pick apart a rookie. Then it's a case of the rookie making adjustments. Whether this catches up to Banks or not remains to be seen.

However, the guy has shown an ability to throw strikes and a mental makeup that it takes to throw two dozen donuts up on the board in the matter of oh, 10 days?

I'm stoked on this kid!

mccharger
06-19-2008, 04:53 PM
Pretty amazing what Josh continues to do.

JCDavey
06-19-2008, 05:04 PM
Pretty amazing what Josh continues to do.yeah that was a very nice performance against a legit offense

i'm now on this guy's bandwagon totally