PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Gonzalez is the Man.

mccharger
06-02-2008, 11:38 PM
This guy is on fire right now and should be an All Star. To bad he is the only one. He is a one man wrecking crew. Props to Adrian.

Boltman2004
06-02-2008, 11:57 PM
He is your guy's offense...

gochargers.21
06-02-2008, 11:59 PM
Yeah he is. Problem with all star 1b in the NL is that theres a bunch of good ones...Pujols, Berkman, Gonzo, and D Lee all having outstanding seasons.

mccharger
06-03-2008, 12:27 AM
Yeah he is. Problem with all star 1b in the NL is that theres a bunch of good ones...Pujols, Berkman, Gonzo, and D Lee all having outstanding seasons.Yup and those other guys are big names already, plus they dont play for the Padres.

AZLightsOut19
06-03-2008, 07:37 AM
Yeah he is. Problem with all star 1b in the NL is that theres a bunch of good ones...Pujols, Berkman, Gonzo, and D Lee all having outstanding seasons.
I think the All Star start will go between D. Lee and Gonzo. Berkman is having a great season, but I think that he is a bit of a dark horse. IMO Pujols is on the outside looking in becasue he has been there before.

I just thought of this....... Gonzo has a good chance of being in the HR Derby!!!! That would be freaking sweet!!!!

Have we ever had a Padre in the HR Derby?

RandomTask
06-03-2008, 08:03 AM
I think the All Star start will go between D. Lee and Gonzo. Berkman is having a great season, but I think that he is a bit of a dark horse. IMO Pujols is on the outside looking in becasue he has been there before.

Gonzalez will go to the All Star Game but not a chance in hell as the starter. The All Star Game is a popularity contest. Half the country is alseep when the Padres play their games. The Cubs and Cardinals have HUGE fan bases. They released early voting and Gonzo wasn't in the top 5.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080528&content_id=2786521&vkey=allstar2008&fext=.jsp

First Base
RANK PLAYER NAME NL TEAM TOTAL VOTES
1. Berkman, L. Astros 329,473
2. Pujols, A. Cardinals 317,317
3. Lee, D. Cubs 283,515
4. Fielder, P. Brewers 151,894
5. Howard, R. Phillies 140,683

AZLightsOut19
06-03-2008, 08:08 AM
Gonzalez will go to the All Star Game but not a chance in hell as the starter. The All Star Game is a popularity contest. Half the country is alseep when the Padres play their games. The Cubs and Cardinals have HUGE fan bases. They released early voting and Gonzo wasn't in the top 5.

http://sandiego.padres.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080528&content_id=2786521&vkey=allstar2008&fext=.jsp

First Base
RANK PLAYER NAME NL TEAM TOTAL VOTES
1. Berkman, L. Astros 329,473
2. Pujols, A. Cardinals 317,317
3. Lee, D. Cubs 283,515
4. Fielder, P. Brewers 151,894
5. Howard, R. Phillies 140,683

That's crap!!!! Gonzo is on fire he should at least be in the top 3. It's frusrating because Fielder and Howard have not done crap this season.

RandomTask
06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
That's crap!!!! Gonzo is on fire he should at least be in the top 3. It's frusrating because Fielder and Howard have not done crap this season.

Like I said popularity contest. The casual fan knows about Howard (on the cover of MLB The Show) and Fielder (seemed to be on Touch em All every night the last couple of years). The Padres are having a promotion to stuff the ballot box with Adrian Gonzalez votes. Frankly they should be pre-punched at Petco.

AZLightsOut19
06-03-2008, 08:23 AM
How do they decide the HR Derby contestants? Do they go down the list of the top HR guys and ask them if they would like to participate?

Bolt Cola
06-03-2008, 08:33 AM
Adrian's HR got me on ESPN last night. The guy that dropped it was the row in front of me and 1 seat to my right. If u see it I was wearing a long sleeved white T shirt and a Padres hat and raised both arms after the guy dropped it.

AZLightsOut19
06-03-2008, 08:48 AM
Adrian's HR got me on ESPN last night. The guy that dropped it was the row in front of me and 1 seat to my right. If u see it I was wearing a long sleeved white T shirt and a Padres hat and raised both arms after the guy dropped it.

Hell yeah, good for you bro!

gochargers.21
06-04-2008, 09:21 PM

And you didnt jump over the row and grab the ball? You call yourself a Padres fan?! =P Im jk man. :) Thats pretty sweet though. You were so close yet so far.

mccharger
06-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I guess we are about to find out if his brother is the man also.

Bolt Cola
06-07-2008, 05:02 PM

I just thought of this....... Gonzo has a good chance of being in the HR Derby!!!! That would be freaking sweet!!!!

Have we ever had a Padre in the HR Derby?

We had 2 in one actually, the year we hosted the All Star game, Sheffield and McGriff were in the Derby, along with Walker, Bonds, Griffey, McGwire, Ripken, and Carter

Steve Garvey also participated in the 1985 contest.

mccharger
06-07-2008, 05:27 PM
We had 2 in one actually, the year we hosted the All Star game, Sheffield and McGriff were in the Derby, along with Walker, Bonds, Griffey, McGwire, Ripken, and Carter

Steve Garvey also participated in the 1985 contest.Speaking of All Star games....when is Petco going to host one?