PDA

View Full Version : Here it Goes................

mccharger
06-06-2008, 11:24 PM
many of you are aware of my opinion on Hoffman. I love Hoffy but I believe he has lost it. I'm not saying that I have changed my mind but I must give credit where credit is due. Trevor was solid tonight. I would love to be the first one to admit that I was wrong, and I will, but lets get to 500 first. Regardless the point of this thread is to give Trevor props when he deserves it.

SuperMatt
06-07-2008, 02:35 PM
Good to hear it. Trevor is not the dominant force he once was, but he's still as good as (or better) than most of the closers in the game. The man has was it takes to consistently get guys out. You can't do that for 15 years in the bigs unless you know how to pitch.

Trevor will close for the Padres until he decides to hang em up. He's earned that right.

Bolt Cola
06-07-2008, 03:03 PM
Hoffy has looked solid in 3 straight now, i think allowing only 1 runner in those 3...i think that this will most likely be his last season, it will be a sad day when he does step down, but i will definitely make the trip to Cooperstown to see him inducted...im still kicking myself for not finding a way out there to see Tony.

Boltman2004
06-08-2008, 12:48 AM
Ever since Gwynn retired he's the only Padre I really like... He is still a decent pitcher and it will be sad to see him go but I agree he has earned the right to be the closer until he retires.

mccharger
06-08-2008, 02:05 AM
playoffs fellas......................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bet?

mccharger
06-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Holy cow! Lets hope im here eating my words a lot more. Trever was awesome.....but the real props go to Tony Clark!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Awesome! Keep the faith baby. 5 in a row.

AZLightsOut19
06-08-2008, 05:51 PM
He was solid again, cant fault him for anything today!

mccharger
06-08-2008, 07:49 PM
since im giving out props i cant Forget Jody Gerut...that guy is playing great and his defense is much better than edmonds.