PDA

View Full Version : Khalil Greene - Fractured Hand

dv82u
07-31-2008, 02:18 PM
I just read the article in the Union Trib about Khalil fracturing his hand. I know that he's frustrated with his hitting, but why did he go out and break his hand? He's getting paid 4.5 mil this year and next and this is what he does? I think what he did was selfish and to make matters worse, we do not have a reliable shortshot to fill the gap. Looks like he's going to miss the rest of the season. Any comments? I really think it was stupidity and his selfishness on his part. Be a man and suck it up. Period.

mccharger
07-31-2008, 02:27 PM
Team batting average just went up.

JCDavey
07-31-2008, 02:30 PM
I just read the article in the Union Trib about Khalil fracturing his hand. I know that he's frustrated with his hitting, but why did he go out and break his hand? He's getting paid 4.5 mil this year and next and this is what he does? I think what he did was selfish and to make matters worse, we do not have a reliable shortshot to fill the gap. Looks like he's going to miss the rest of the season. Any comments? I really think it was stupidity and his selfishness on his part. Be a man and suck it up. Period.probably heard a rumor he'd be traded so he broke his hand lol

knottyone
07-31-2008, 02:38 PM
Perfect timing as Tadahito is about to come back...which means Edgar can move to SS and continue to tear the cover off of the ball.

Go Padres...er, Chargers!

56lightsout56
07-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Greene said after the 7-3 defeat to the Diamondbacks that he was in "excruciating pain" after fouling a ball off his shin during the seventh inning.

After the at-bat ended with Greene's 100th strikeout, Greene went to clubhouse tunnel. There, Greene said, his frustration got the best of him and he drove his left hand into a storage chest.

Watching you try to bat, Greene is excruciatingly painful as well.

Bon voyage, Khalil.

Bolt Cola
07-31-2008, 03:11 PM
I just read the article in the Union Trib about Khalil fracturing his hand. I know that he's frustrated with his hitting, but why did he go out and break his hand? He's getting paid 4.5 mil this year and next and this is what he does? I think what he did was selfish and to make matters worse, we do not have a reliable shortshot to fill the gap. Looks like he's going to miss the rest of the season. Any comments? I really think it was stupidity and his selfishness on his part. Be a man and suck it up. Period.This makes me smile......but now what am i gonna do about my daily Greene reports??

dv82u
07-31-2008, 03:53 PM
This makes me smile......but now what am i gonna do about my daily Greene reports??

The least he can do is sign for his fans. I hope it's not his writing hand! :)

RandomTask
07-31-2008, 03:57 PM
You guys wanted him to show some emotion...

SDfansince'86
07-31-2008, 04:03 PM
^^ this is true.

I've often heard the argument by fans that Greene doesn't care because he doesn't show emotion on the field, like we're accustomed to seeing (i.e. bat throwing, bat breaking, etc etc). When the guy seemingly reaches his breaking point and does react he gets roasted for it. I'm not defending his actions, I'm just commenting on the reactions of some people that I've already spoken to here at work.

Bolt Cola
07-31-2008, 04:34 PM
he finally showed some emotion and he finally swung and connected with something

mccharger
07-31-2008, 04:44 PM
he finally showed some emotion and he finally swung and connected with somethingHahahaha!....... Perhaps a future in MMA?

Rudee
08-07-2008, 04:49 PM
I like greene but at least he finally hit something this year......

CargadoresFan1
09-10-2008, 12:56 PM
I just read the article in the Union Trib about Khalil fracturing his hand. I know that he's frustrated with his hitting, but why did he go out and break his hand? He's getting paid 4.5 mil this year and next and this is what he does? I think what he did was selfish and to make matters worse, we do not have a reliable shortshot to fill the gap. Looks like he's going to miss the rest of the season. Any comments? I really think it was stupidity and his selfishness on his part. Be a man and suck it up. Period.
he sucks any ways, i hear towers is talking to ozzie smith if he wants to play for the padres, to a san diego discount that is

Chargersrmylife
10-10-2008, 12:04 AM
I didn't know this. But am very surprised by it. Never thought in a million year Greene would ever do something like this.

RAWDOGG
10-10-2008, 09:49 AM
What a dumb azz baby...........serves him right lol

I heard the padres are going to recoup some of his salary for time missed due to his little tantrum episode