PDA

View Full Version : giles going to BoSox?

TBOLTZCALI
08-07-2008, 11:27 AM
Looks like Boston claimed Giles off waivers..trying to work a deal.

JCDavey
08-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Looks like Boston claimed Giles off waivers..trying to work a deal.nice! .........

SDfansince'86
08-07-2008, 12:38 PM
Giles would still have to approve it though--at least that's what the UT stated this morning. I think that's one of the 10 teams that he has veto power over. We shall see what happens though...

Bolt Cola
08-07-2008, 01:45 PM
Giles to Boston joining Jason Bay on a possible championship team...how would that rub San Diegans? :rolleyes:

dv82u
08-07-2008, 02:11 PM
Giles to Boston joining Jason Bay on a possible championship team...how would that rub San Diegans? :rolleyes:

My take is that the Padres, under Bochy's reign lost three outfielders that are premier players in the game (Nady, Bay, Matthews Jr.,). I know Giles is up there, but I would rather have him back next year and draft an outfielder in our system. There we keep Gerut at Center and Hairston in left. I would then move Headley at 3rd because I think Kouz will be traded in the off-season. I like Kooz, but he can't hit in RISP.

D

56lightsout56
08-07-2008, 03:01 PM

good for Giles.

Fed Up for the day goes to Sandy Alderson. (we should have a season thread for the fed up for the day)

what are we getting in return? a lobster or two?

Rudee
08-07-2008, 04:41 PM
The team as whole is struggling this including hoffy. I have been a long time fan since i was 6 yrs old and im 36 atm. i like giles alot but the past few years his stats have been in a decline. Its better to get something for him atm the moment and nothing at all when it does come time to cut him lose. but with the leaving of Giles we will only have LF HAirston gerut center and RF headley. i mean we could bring up bay nady or mathews. oops i forgot we traded them. Just glad the CHarger season is about to begin.

mccharger
08-08-2008, 10:54 AM
Giles has just blocked the trade according to espn.com.

56lightsout56
08-08-2008, 01:08 PM
i doubt the Pads are going to get anywhere near an even decent prospect for Giles. if this is purely a payroll reducing move, dont pull him back from waivers and allow the claim to go through.

Watch Boston blink then.

they really hold all the cards in the "deal" whether it was to block another team from Giles or if they had any real genuine interest.

Boston has the coin and wouldnt blink twice at Giles contract escalators and their farm system is very deep. All they needed to do is low ball the pads for 48 hours and with Giles no trade restrictions it isnt surprising he ended up vetoing the trade.

this makes the pads FO look even more moronic.

Chargersrmylife
08-08-2008, 11:22 PM
Well this is exactly why we should of kept Cameron, Bradley, and Nady. Think of that as your outfielders, not the best speed but at least we would have some bats in the line up.