PDA

View Full Version : excuse me mods?!!!

crittydog
09-20-2008, 11:41 AM
PLEASE EXPLAIN TO ME!? Why this had to be closed immediately!?

There was a brand new clip of last week game ending plays on NFL.com

It breaks down the plays in depth.

I posted it because it was a new clip and showed that our defensive scheme at the time of the play was flawed.

A mod closed it down immediately and stated that I should post in one of the other threads that talk about the game, that its time to move on to the NYJ game.

Although related to the other threads because it is the Denver game and is about the last plays. Not a single one of those other threads was an "ANATOMY OF A PLAY" clip from NFLnetwork.

I posted it in a new thread, so that those that are interested in "THE ANATOMY OF A PLAY" clip can watch it and see the scheme and the players.

I titled it 'Anatomy of a Play'. I thought it would make it easier to to find, for those who are interested in the NFLnetwork clip, than to simply post it in an old thread about last weeks game.

The mod obviously has a opinion that he/she is using to make decisions. I really think the mod should have realized that its NEW media and not a week old clip I was posting. Instead he/she choses to view it as old and not needed.

Either that or it was Ted Cotrell himself that closed it down!

Click the link, watch the clip.

http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80aeaa82 (http://www.nfl.com/videos?videoId=09000d5d80aeaa82)

boltcorpse
09-20-2008, 11:42 AM
Mods, suggest 51-hour ban on crittydog... for talking back.

crittydog
09-20-2008, 11:43 AM
Sorry you feel that way, but I am doing my "job" as a moderator.

The play has been discussed at least a dozen times in multiple threads. It also already had its own thread (http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=57955&highlight=Igor+cover).

As I said in the thread you started - feel free to discuss it if you must, but do it in one of the many threads where it has already been discussed.

crittydog
09-20-2008, 11:44 AM
Do you really think posting a new clip in an old thread would make any sense?!

DefenseWins
09-20-2008, 11:45 AM
I see you answered your own question by reading your PMs. Good job.

Case closed.

Aloha619
09-21-2008, 06:03 AM
Chill out, i didn't call it "Anatomy Of A Play - TD & 2pt" as it wasn't on the nfl.com website at the time to copy the name, also i only said Olshanksy was dropping into coverage in front of a wideout (Eddie Royal) and thats exactly what happened, if you want to come across as an extremely clever person, do it without sounding like an a**!

Also I agree that there is various threads being negative about the Chargers on here but saying "Igor's great and all but he cannot cover a wideout!" is not harassing him or calling him out, i'm just stating the obvious, unless you believe he could cover a wideout??

JonBassett-
The post you quoted was in no way directed at you, your observations, your post or your Thread....No offense was intended in your direction.

Rather, I merely meant to compliment crittydog for taking the time to post a video link I thought useful and support his failed attempt to start a relevant Thread.

Also, understand that I meant to express my displeasure with with the seemingly contradictory micromanaging of Threads and how so many indignant Threads exist on the General Discussion page....while at the same time some relevant, positive or interesting Threads are nonsensically redirected to other Sections where they are easily forgotten and overlooked.

i.e.: Threads expressing support for the Chargers were quickly moved to "Off Topic" while "Should We Start Booing.." remain in "General Discussions".

????????????

I'm certain that a good number of people do not have the time or interest to browse through the 19+ Sub-Sections of the Chargers Forum.

In some cases, it's laborous to read through pages and pages of merged posts...all under a single Thread Title...rather than letting a specificly titled Thread live or die by its own merit.

Rather than be needlessly micromanaged, the Forum would have decided which Thread is more pertinent for continued discussion.

In this case, this Thread was last commented 5 days ago with a post count of 12, along with a Thread title which did not tie-in the new video link provided by crittydog's proposed new aptly titled Thread (which was promptly locked and closed)....a video link helpful to those who wanted a better view and undertanding of the Chargers defensive failure to stop the Broncos at the goaline.

Regarding Olshanksy, I have followed his football career since he was a freshman at the University of Oregon and understand his playing abilities. In fact, I wore his Lightning Yellow #53 Oregon jersey at Autzen Stadium today.

In a separate post within this Thread, I agreed with your Olshansky observation as I commented how Olshanksy quickly recognized Royal's slant route, disrupted the pattern but rec'd no help in coverage.

crittydog
09-21-2008, 01:13 PM
JonBassett-
The post you quoted was in no way directed at you, your observations, your post or your Thread....No offense was intended in your direction.

Rather, I merely meant to compliment crittydog for taking the time to post a video link I thought useful and support his failed attempt to start a relevant Thread.

Also, understand that I meant to express my displeasure with with the seemingly contradictory micromanaging of Threads and how so many indignant Threads exist on the General Discussion page....while at the same time some relevant, positive or interesting Threads are nonsensically redirected to other Sections where they are easily forgotten and overlooked.

i.e.: Threads expressing support for the Chargers were quickly moved to "Off Topic" while "Should We Start Booing.." remain in "General Discussions".

????????????

I'm certain that a good number of people do not have the time or interest to browse through the 19+ Sub-Sections of the Chargers Forum.

In some cases, it's laborous to read through pages and pages of merged posts...all under a single Thread Title...rather than letting a specificly titled Thread live or die by its own merit.

Rather than be needlessly micromanaged, the Forum would have decided which Thread is more pertinent for continued discussion.

In this case, this Thread was last commented 5 days ago with a post count of 12, along with a Thread title which did not tie-in the new video link provided by crittydog's proposed new aptly titled Thread (which was promptly locked and closed)....a video link helpful to those who wanted a better view and undertanding of the Chargers defensive failure to stop the Broncos at the goaline.

Regarding Olshanksy, I have followed his football career since he was a freshman at the University of Oregon and understand his playing abilities. In fact, I wore his Lightning Yellow #53 Oregon jersey at Autzen Stadium today.

In a separate post within this Thread, I agreed with your Olshansky observation as I commented how Olshanksy quickly recognized Royal's slant route, disrupted the pattern but rec'd no help in coverage.

Thanks Aloha!
I was suprised my new thread was closed so fast. I even complained about it.
The whole reason I posted a new thread with the new clip and title was to make it easier to find because it seemed as though it would be easily lost and overlooked in other threads with different titles.
Like you have pointed out, it seemed much more relevant than all these opinion threads, since it was a newly available NFLnetwork clip detailing the final 2 plays.
It may be that the particular mod was sick of the loss to Denver and did not care to really think the decsion through. The mod even stated that its time to move on to the NYJ.
I do not see how it could have hurt to leave the thread open, but somehow the mod decided there was enough re-hashing the Denver game in any new threads and made the decsion to shut it down immediately and redirect me to a older post.
Perhaps the mod has read your comments, and in the future will take an extra moment to think through the decision to close a thread so abrubtly....perhaps the mod may just allow the thread, especially a thread with new media, even if its of past game with a painful ending to, as you said, live and die on its own merit.

Like you, I found the clip to be rather reveiling about what the players are doing on the field and what the coaches are asking them to do.

crittydog
09-21-2008, 03:27 PM
Chill out, i didn't call it "Anatomy Of A Play - TD & 2pt" as it wasn't on the nfl.com website at the time to copy

LOL! I wonder if this comment will removed soon. There seems to be some highly suspicious micromanaging of threads by those in charge.
Forget what I just wrote! It is irrelevant to this thread and should be moved immediately to a closed thread.
Get over yourselves!
Let people opinions live in a thread, so long as they are not intentionally derogatory or completely derail a thread.

As far as the "Same Play Twice"

Nice thread! And I agree with you OP.