PDA

View Full Version : Matt Vasgersian Leaves Padres for New Job

mccharger
11-04-2008, 04:09 PM
I was sad to hear that Matty V will no longer be the Padres announcer because he has accepted another job. Him and Mudd are great together. Even during a 99 loss season they were fun to listen to. Good luck Matty.......SANTA MARIA!!!!!

mccharger
11-04-2008, 10:35 PM
No word on what the new job is yet. Something good I'm sure because he had a sweet gig with the Padres. Still he was to good to stick around on Channel 4 for too long. 7 good years though.

Bolt Cola
11-04-2008, 10:37 PM
i dont blame Matty V but now it will be even harder to swallow what doesnt look to be a promising season....good luck to him wherever he lands

mccharger
11-04-2008, 10:40 PM
i dont blame Matty V but now it will be even harder to swallow what doesnt look to be a promising season....good luck to him wherever he landsI agree. But at least I read they are going nationwide to find a replacement. ANYBODY BUT STEVE QUIS!

ScootMagroot
11-04-2008, 10:52 PM
I agree. But at least I read they are going nationwide to find a replacement. ANYBODY BUT STEVE QUIS!

they should get rid of Grant too. hes the most annoying person ever

mccharger
11-04-2008, 10:59 PM
they should get rid of Grant too. hes the most annoying person everReally? I love Mudd Cat. To each is own I suppose. But those two were half of the reason I watched just about every game.That and the fact that I might be crazy, but even if they are losing I can't help but to watch every night. I always have love for the Pads.

Bolt Cola
11-04-2008, 11:36 PM
how about stealing Josh Lewin from the Rangers?

mccharger
11-04-2008, 11:39 PM
how about stealing Josh Lewin from the Rangers?Love that idea.

RandomTask
11-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Matty's gonna be working for the new MLB network. Lots of luck to him and let's hope they make the right decision (no Quis, Weisbarth or Scanlan)

LTismyfather
11-11-2008, 04:01 AM
Matty's gonna be working for the new MLB network. Lots of luck to him and let's hope they make the right decision (no Quis, Weisbarth or Scanlan)

PLEASE GOD none of those three. Josh lewin could be potentially pretty good but honestly, losing matty V was the worst padre news I have heard in years. Even losing hoffman and peavy in one offseason cant top losing matty but I m glad hes got an even better job. The only thing worse than losing matt would be losing Adrian lol.

SDChargeHer
11-29-2008, 01:57 PM
PLEASE GOD none of those three. Josh lewin could be potentially pretty good but honestly, losing matty V was the worst padre news I have heard in years. Even losing hoffman and peavy in one offseason cant top losing matty but I m glad hes got an even better job. The only thing worse than losing matt would be losing Adrian lol.

matty v isn't that good of a play by play guy but overall is a very good anouncer. He could stand to learn football a lil bit more but I enjoy his style and his energy. I say bring Jerry Coleman back to TV for the Padres. Leitner has earned the right to have the radio for himself after his dedication shown to the city and the pods. Besides we're going to suck for a long long lloooong time anyways.

SP17BOLT
11-29-2008, 02:07 PM
Wish him the best of luck

FutbolAmericano
11-29-2008, 02:53 PM
Matt V. has razor sharp wit. He made unbearable games to watch entertaining, at times even controversially funny.

At times he would have Mark Grant laugh so hard he would have to leave.

56lightsout56
11-30-2008, 11:52 AM
good luck on the MLB network Matt, can you take Sandy with you?

onemore thing; sell the team Moores.

longtravelyota
11-30-2008, 10:26 PM
sometimes the only reason i would watch the games is cuz of the matty v and grant. best of luck to him, i heard on 1090 he is relocating to new jersey to the mlb network headquarters as well