PDA

View Full Version : Chat moderation

thehotdelancey
12-07-2008, 05:55 PM
Again I hopped onto the chat, and found a member named "I_love_sex" asking for sexual favors during the broncos/chiefs game.

When I asked him to stop, another forum member called me a "***got" otherwise known as a small bundle of twigs, except used in a negative connotation towards myself.

If I wanted to engage in an adult chat, I would go to an adult website. Seriously, what gives? Why is there no moderation of the chat? As well as the forum is moderated there isn't even a "report abuse" button to stop violating chat.

I have logged onto the chat twice in the past year. And both times have observed fans breaking the rules of this forum with no moderator in place. I know we have children who browse the forums and engage in such chat with these individuals, and who knows where that might lead. I wish I were just being too sensitive regarding this issue but there are greater implications than just the state of my feelings.

Why have rules if we can't be consistent in where we enforce them?

Go chargers.

dekkerbasser
12-07-2008, 05:58 PM
If it aint broken, dont fix it.

Seriously, I think that what you are doing is a noble thing. However, why dont you send a MOD a PM rather than starting a thread just to *****?

thehotdelancey
12-07-2008, 06:02 PM
If it aint broken, dont fix it.

Seriously, I think that what you are doing is a noble thing. However, why dont you send a MOD a PM rather than starting a thread just to *****?
Thats exactly the issue.

We have a forum where clearly in the rules it states

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate invective (abusive speech) and/or harassment, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts, or posting mis-information in the title of a thread . Our decision is final in these matters.

While this is very well moderated and in general our forums are treated well in that respect, our chat has a few members who abuse the fact there is less moderation in the chat.

I mean for hell's sake, there's not even a language filter. You can say whatever you want on there. Try it out. I won't be on there, you won't offend me!

dekkerbasser
12-07-2008, 06:09 PM
Thats exactly the issue.

We have a forum where clearly in the rules it states

While this is very well moderated and in general our forums are treated well in that respect, our chat has a few members who abuse the fact there is less moderation in the chat.

I mean for hell's sake, there's not even a language filter. You can say whatever you want on there. Try it out. I won't be on there, you won't offend me!

To each their own. However, I think that you're going overboard. I mean, there are times where people do stupid things. Agreed. But to come out here and complain about what is going on but not proactively taking a stance is pointless.

..look. I, personally, think that you should be a MOD so that you can act on what you notice rather than just be a reporter.

I dont know the process of becoming a MOD but I suggest:
1) Become a MOD and do something
2) Quit starting pointless threads

...of course I'm willing to hear options 3, 4, 5 et cetera.

thehotdelancey
12-07-2008, 06:19 PM
To each their own. However, I think that you're going overboard. I mean, there are times where people do stupid things. Agreed. But to come out here and complain about what is going on but not proactively taking a stance is pointless.

..look. I, personally, think that you should be a MOD so that you can act on what you notice rather than just be a reporter.

I dont know the process of becoming a MOD but I suggest:
1) Become a MOD and do something
2) Quit starting pointless threads

...of course I'm willing to hear options 3, 4, 5 et cetera.

This forum is a place where people come to speak their minds.

Coming on here and speaking my mind is the only way I can take "proactively take a stance" on this by letting someone know.

I am not starting pointless threads left and right. I started one in regards to the forum rules, in the appropriate section. While I agree that may have been pointless, as I can do what I am doing without ever posting anything. I just feel being vocal regarding what I believe is important to keeping a forum clean.

If I were a parent and my son were engaging in a chat with words like "***got" and "sex" etc. flying around, I would be especially upset if it were on a family website, one that is supposedly "safe" for vsitors of all ages.

I appreciate your feedback, but I feel like by saying I'm out of line by suggesting that raunchy language be at the very least filtered out, is ignoring the important issue at hand.

Bolttime
12-07-2008, 06:53 PM
Seriously bro I have read your post and they are ridiculous. You are not a moderator so get over yourself you little rat. All you do on here and I have noticed, is post ridiculous post trying to tell people what they can and can't do. You just come on here do try to get people in trouble. You honestly seem like you have no life.

dekkerbasser
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
I appreciate your feedback, but I feel like by saying I'm out of line by suggesting that raunchy language be at the very least filtered out, is ignoring the important issue at hand.

Please refer to option 1 of my original post.

Afterward, maybe you'll stop with these threads.

thehotdelancey
12-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Seriously bro I have read your post and they are ridiculous. You are not a moderator so get over yourself you little rat. All you do on here and I have noticed, is post ridiculous post trying to tell people what they can and can't do. You just come on here do try to get people in trouble. You honestly seem like you have no life.

Please read the rules again then get back to me.

I appreciate your feedback.

While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate invective (abusive speech) and/or harassment, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts, or posting mis-information in the title of a thread . Our decision is final in these matters.

thehotdelancey
12-07-2008, 07:10 PM
Please refer to option 1 of my original post.

Afterward, maybe you'll stop with these threads.

Again, How many threads have I made regarding this issue?

And, becoming a mod is a great responsibility. One can't wake up in the morning and put on the "I want to be a Mod" pants and expect to change the world.

Bolttime
12-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Please read the rules again then get back to me.

I appreciate your feedback.

LOL see what I mean. Your a little "tattle tail". Does that make you feel better? You seriously have some issues and I think a lot of people on this forum would appreciate if you just back off and stop trying to tell people what they can do and can't do.

dekkerbasser
12-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Again, How many threads have I made regarding this issue?

And, becoming a mod is a great responsibility. One can't wake up in the morning and put on the "I want to be a Mod" pants and expect to change the world.

Look. We both know who you were a little while back. We've all read your posts back in the day. Most memorable was your avatar. Like I have said before, good for you for finding a reason to post on CMB but in all seriousness, maybe you should consider not doing what you are. If you dont want to be a MOD then quit acting like you do want to be one.

thehotdelancey
12-07-2008, 07:59 PM
I think people are taking me way too seriously. You act as if asking for sex on what should be a family friendly message board is an appropriate activity, and that by "ratting" them out I am in some way "out to get" people.

Are you aware of the dateline program "To catch a predator"? Is Chris Hansen a "rat" who is "out to get" those poor gentlemen who stumble into what they think is a house with a minor left alone inside?

I am simply trying to draw attention to someone who can do something about the rampant adult chat that occurs on the supposed "family friendly" chat feature on this website. I think forum administrators should be made aware that kind of **** is appearing on a family forum.

I admit, I can and will scale back my pointing out minor violations of the rules, however I can not, nay, I will not tolerate egregiously offensive behavior on my beloved team's message board. I understand that my "policing" has been a bit overboard, and for that I apologize.

31cromartie31
12-08-2008, 03:18 PM
LOL, u really think somebody is going to arrange to meet for "sexual indulgiencies" or however you put it on that chat room, honestly what a joke!

TxCharger
12-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Yes, there are some immature people on the chat room, but that is what the ignore button is for. Solves my problem every time when seeing unwanted posts.

Lucid
12-08-2008, 05:17 PM
I was in there doing my usual creeper thing... offering girls candy if they went for a ride in my van.

I guess I missed the 'sex' person... too bad.