PDA

View Full Version : Charger Fans In Australia - Check In Here

aussiechargerfan
09-08-2004, 07:19 PM
Hi from Brisbane Australia.

Been a chargers fan for about 20 years.

BlueandGoldRush
09-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Hey Aussie, I used to play baseball with/against a traveling team of guys from Brisbane. All were really cool, fun dudes.

RFargo
09-10-2004, 12:47 PM
Going to be in sydney (from Canada) in Jan, going to Noosa sometime during the trip. Do you need a Chargers ball cap?? I could exchange it for a tinnie!!!!

boltman
09-10-2004, 01:36 PM
hello there hopefully chargers do good

aussiechargerfan
09-13-2004, 05:03 PM
I'll take you up on that RFargo. Noosa's a great little escape beach town but a bit on the expensive side.

HRDROQ
09-13-2004, 11:31 PM
Hello Brisbane......been a Charger fan since '78 myself.......now a season ticket holder in the end zone, with a banner (for the 7th year in a row) that says DA BOLT PIT.......and we party alongside the guys who carry in the BOLT PRIDE banner every home game which is a winner to the fans! I am a lunatic face painter, with wild hair and all the Charger regalia on, leading our 12th man on when the opposing teams come to the west end zone area!!

If you ever come to San Diego, and want to hook up for a game......let us know, we love the Aussies here!

DanLe22
10-15-2004, 03:20 AM
Hey guys my name is Dan and i'm a Charger fan!, anyone else here from Australia?

minion
10-15-2004, 09:35 AM
wow props to you dude

question though how did you become a chargers fan when you live in australlia

rugby got old?

RAYRAY37
10-15-2004, 09:46 AM
welcome aboard, i love the international flavor that the chargers are getting.

DanLe22
10-16-2004, 01:09 AM
Well first off gotta get this off my shoulder but i'm also a Jaguars fan. Also I got into NFL by playing the Madden series, how'd it all start? heres the ever so interesting story! I was in P.E Class and our teacher had to go somewhere that day so he left u with the movie "Remember The Titans" I saw 3/4 of it before it was lunch and I loved it, so a few days later I went to the video store and rented it, I saw they had madden 99 as well so I took that too. I started playing Madden 99 using the Raiders (stupid stupid me...) anyways at first I only did long throws because I sucked so much then after a while I lost interest and I went to a friends house and played madden 01 so after that I kept talking to my friends about it and they started liking it as well so I bought Madden 04 and my friends bought a ball so now we are always throwing the ball to each other, thats how I started liking NFL, oh and I've never liked Rugby..

umm go LaDainian Tomnilson!

Chargers
10-16-2004, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by: DanLe22
Well first off gotta get this off my shoulder but i'm also a Jaguars fan. Also I got into NFL by playing the Madden series, how'd it all start? heres the ever so interesting story! I was in P.E Class and our teacher had to go somewhere that day so he left u with the movie "Remember The Titans" I saw 3/4 of it before it was lunch and I loved it, so a few days later I went to the video store and rented it, I saw they had madden 99 as well so I took that too. I started playing Madden 99 using the Raiders (stupid stupid me...) anyways at first I only did long throws because I sucked so much then after a while I lost interest and I went to a friends house and played madden 01 so after that I kept talking to my friends about it and they started liking it as well so I bought Madden 04 and my friends bought a ball so now we are always throwing the ball to each other, thats how I started liking NFL, oh and I've never liked Rugby..

umm go LaDainian Tomnilson!

Rock on! Welcome to the boards! Just curious if you are a Darren Bennet fan? (sorry I just had to ask)

DanLe22
10-16-2004, 06:55 PM
He's ok I guess...

Chargers
10-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Ah aight - I wasn't sure how big of a fan you'd be of his considering he's a fellow Aussie.

desdichado
12-29-2004, 12:00 AM
Long Time Charger fan here in New South Wales, Australia. Any one else?

PhillyFan
12-29-2004, 08:33 AM
Were you affected by the tsunami's?

desdichado
12-29-2004, 09:27 PM
No Fortunately, We are on the east coast of the continent, although i heard that the west coast had some higher surf than usual

markmark
01-09-2005, 05:40 AM
hey. anyone out there wanna help me get info on the chargers. i watch them in australia when ever i get the chance. please

riphraph
01-09-2005, 09:40 AM
i would b most happy to help you m8

markmark
01-09-2005, 07:20 PM
awsome. im also thinking of moving to the states when i finish my 4 year job. know some people in san diego. i saw the play off game too. that sucks. thought they would have had it in over time before he missed. i have been into the game for about a year now. i have nfl fever 2004 on x box which is where i got into it first. now i just can't get enough of it. know any sites or anything about the nfl i can look up?

markmark
01-11-2005, 07:04 PM
anyone? no one wants to talk to an aussie chargers fan huh? i only wanted some info. maybe someone to talk about the sport to....

desdichado
01-14-2005, 09:09 PM
hi i am a chargers fan in OZ too. Drop me a line

makarusty
04-20-2005, 07:57 PM
Hey whats heppenin?? I reside in brisbane myself, i just got back from vacation over in LA & San Diego and had the pleasure of visiting the chargers facility and stadium, got a glimps of coach marty too haha.. but yea im planning on heading back in october for the monday night game against the steelers.. its hella worth it.. but hey just thought i'd drop a line and let u know u got a fellow bolt here in brisbane... til next time. =)

minimarling
06-30-2005, 06:13 PM
If there are any fans of the best NFL team from down under post a comment. i can't find any fans here, they all back the patriots...

Chargeroo
07-01-2005, 11:59 PM
We have fan from New Zealand in here (Kiwinolt) but none that I've seen from Australia.

Shamrock
07-02-2005, 05:00 AM
We have fan from New Zealand in here (Kiwinolt) but none that I've seen from Australia.
Is kiwinolt related to kiwibolt ???

vendetta07
07-02-2005, 07:10 AM
I used to live there (Exmouth, WA), as a Navy brat ... does that count?:)

kiwibolt
07-02-2005, 08:15 PM
SD born and raised, but living in Hamilton, New Zealand now.

kiwibolt
07-02-2005, 08:32 PM
he's my evil twin. :D

Chargeroo
07-02-2005, 10:01 PM
What did I tell you about ass? You got it mixed up again.

Kiwinolt is related to Shamnut.

Chargeroo
07-02-2005, 10:02 PM
he's my evil twin. :D
Don't encourage him! :D

kiwibolt
07-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Don't encourage him! :D
One of those, "Don't Feed the Animals" things huh?

Shamrock
07-02-2005, 11:31 PM
I'm innocent. I've always been the quiet one around here .....

Wyndham
06-09-2006, 06:40 AM
I was born and raised in Wyndham, Australia, but now live in Melbourne. You're right about the Patriots, though -- of the few NFL fans I come across out here, i'd estimate that 75-80% of them are New England fans.

Rivers_owns
06-10-2006, 03:00 AM
Charger fan living in Australia right here.. Me and my friends all follow the sport.. one of them is a Jet fan, the other a Panther fan... It sucks not being able to watch many games.. I probably watch 2-3 per year, but when we make the playoffs, I don't miss a game for the world. For the rest of the games, just watch the live scores on www.nfl.com (http://www.nfl.com) and check out all the stats and crap.. Out of everyone in Australia, I am confident I know the most about the San Diego Chargers.

RFargo
07-19-2006, 01:15 PM
Nice to see a fan from down under. My family was in Australia last year for six weeks, what an awesome time, man I wish I saw this post then we could have hooked up

RFargo
07-19-2006, 01:20 PM
Canadian, here. was just in Sydney, and a few other spots in Australia, love the country, you should be proud

Cambo
07-24-2006, 02:52 AM
Hi People,

I'm a chargers fan from Melbourne Australia & I basically got into the NFL thanks to Darren Bennett. I'm also a Melbourne Demons supporter who he played for in the AFL.

I went to the Chargers vs Cowboys game in Sydney quite a number of years ago & it was great.

#59D.BoltFan
09-12-2006, 09:47 PM
How do you catch the NFL games over there in Australia? I might be over there for a couple of months and don't want to miss any of the games.

kongman
09-27-2006, 08:18 PM
hi guys another NFL fan here ,i used to play the game(gridiron) down here for about 8 years and i still follow the NFL when i can (its hard to get games down here some times)

:) :)

curtisboltfan
09-27-2006, 08:37 PM
cheers mate!:Beer:

kongman
09-27-2006, 09:18 PM
ok guys help me out here i need a link or some1 post the vid of the darren bennet hit on that steeler way back in 1996 or 1998 cant rem when , i need it for a vidoe doc im doing on famous aust sports plp , who played a sport apart from the normal australian games , any help would be great

AUSSIE_CHARGER
10-02-2006, 04:44 AM
hi guys,

i live in Melbourne in Australia and im 14 years old and just like cambo i am a HUGE charger fan but also a HUGE Melbourne Demons fan (AFL).
im coming over next season to watch probaly 5 or 6 charger games and also are heading back later in the year for the superbowl... hope the chargers are there!!!!!:Bolt:

thanx guys,
ryan:)

Kiwi Bolts Fan
10-03-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey guys!
I am a Chargers fan, have been since I saw Dan Fouts play John Elway and the Broncos on TV in the late 80's. Also played football for seven years here in NZ. Good to see that we have fans here down under :). I get to go to LA a lot and if all goes well I will be at Qualcomm Stadium for the Browns game 5/11.:Beer::Beer::Beer:

Patto1980
01-19-2007, 03:41 AM
Hi, I noticed this was fairly old but i though i'd post anyway.
I'm from Sydney, Australia and have been following the Chargers for a few years now. Very disappointed at the playoff loss to the Patriots althought still a great year.

Cheers

Patto1980
01-19-2007, 04:10 AM
I'm from Sydney, Australia and have been following the Chargers since the start of the 2004 season - not long i know, but i read up on all the news on the nfl sit and si.com as often as i can.

pinkcentuar
02-19-2007, 05:39 AM
aussie girl who fell for the bolts while in sd for 6 months to visit her boyfriend...never go back to aust. codes now, im a bolts girl for life!

Chargerhead_AU
03-08-2007, 05:16 AM
Adelaide Charger boy here, Love the boltz, just got my 14 month old son a Philip Rivers Jersey, post some pics when we get it (in about three months.... why do postcard onlky take 2-3 weeks???)

I just love this team.... what else can I say???

AussieBoltFan
12-28-2008, 05:49 AM
:layupHey, all your aussie bolts fans, glad to see im am not the only one.......... or am i???????????????

Rivers_owns
12-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Present and accounted for!

Sydney, Australia.. Been a Bolts fan since all the way back in 2003 :D lol. I'll stick by them for the rest of my life that's for sure.

WyomingBoltsFan
01-03-2009, 01:12 PM
I'm not Aussie, but I did get to visit for 3 weeks in 1991- had a BLAST! I learned a lot about Cricket and Rugby, but its very cool that we have some fans of American Football down under! I'm from San Diego originally, and Sydney Harbor very much reminded me of my hometown. How do you watch the games in Australia? Todays game should be incredible. Cheers Mates! Please hold the Vegemite though.

joshie4
01-30-2009, 02:13 AM
i'm in sydney. I was so happy when i got my tomlinson jersey from my mums friend of course i paid for it but. It has its own special place in my room where its always in view.

J6sh
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
I'm from Melbourne. Been into the Bolts since the day I started watching NFL on ESPN a few years ago.

AussieBoltFan
02-10-2009, 12:27 AM
It is good to see some aussie fans!! I really want it to pick up over here tho, i just joined a gridiron team, so i am stoked!!!

Shamrock
02-10-2009, 12:29 AM
jackfrost is from Australia, but he's in jail right now. Something about smuggling duck cats.

J6sh
02-11-2009, 10:05 PM
It is good to see some aussie fans!! I really want it to pick up over here tho, i just joined a gridiron team, so i am stoked!!!
I've been planning to do this for a while, but the gridiron season runs parallel to the Aussie Rules season.

joshie4
02-14-2009, 01:11 AM
what age is your gridiron team. I doubt there would be a team anywhere near me let alone my age. Im near close to sydney but im 16 so not to many junior teams. My league team is not looking to good at being able to get a team together.

abozarth
02-24-2009, 10:03 PM
Hey---cool. I lived in Perth from '80 to '83. Used to stay up late til wee in the morning listening to games on my Shortwave radio....well, thats the only way I could get it. I was in high school at the time and my mother(for you's Aussies---me mum) would come in there at 2 am and yell at me to get some sleep. In went the earphones. Good Times!!

xCharger Carlx
02-26-2009, 12:50 AM
So, what are your pre-game rituals?

53xm461k
03-17-2009, 08:26 PM
Hey I'm in Australia, we get the NFL on Fox Sports, ESPN which are pay tv stations and also Ten which is a FTA.

I played juniors last season in Adelaide too which was good.

AussieBoltFan
03-18-2009, 12:37 AM
Hey I'm in Australia, we get the NFL on Fox Sports, ESPN which are pay tv stations and also Ten which is a FTA.

I played juniors last season in Adelaide too which was good.

Realy?? what positions u play, i play up in quensland!!

53xm461k
03-21-2009, 06:58 AM
yeah I played mainly d-line. We were undefeated.

JAMMER IS GOD
04-02-2009, 06:21 PM
Are there any other charger also in or from new zealand, or shall i just induct myself as an aussie, i dont mind being called a aussie but would love to her from true new zealand charger fans, (maybe kiwibolt is from here, or he just really likes kiwi fruit?).

kiwibolt
04-02-2009, 06:26 PM
Are there any other charger also in or from new zealand, or shall i just induct myself as an aussie, i dont mind being called a aussie but would love to her from true new zealand charger fans, (maybe kiwibolt is from here, or he just really likes kiwi fruit?).
There are several kiwi's on the forum.

I was born and raised in Southern California, but lived in Hamilton for about 4 years (was living there when I registered for the forum). I see you're in Christchurch- my wife and I loved it down there- especially out around Akaroa.

JAMMER IS GOD
04-03-2009, 12:25 AM
ive been a fan for years and would wake up every monday at 5 to watch every game and now i want to learn the idiosyncrisies of our teams management and how it all works but with "madden" as my only real source, im slowly piecing it together and hope we have many years at the top of the afc west.

joshie4
04-03-2009, 04:34 AM
well i was born in sydney but im half aussie half kiwi. Jammer is god i noe wat ur on about having madden as an only source. Thats how i got into the nfl.

Rivers_owns
04-03-2009, 07:11 PM
I play gridiron in Sydney for the Sutherland Seahawks... Playing quarterback :)

joshie4
04-04-2009, 12:10 AM
hey how old r u.I'm thinking of playing for Sydney Uni U18's next season. How big is the comp cause i think i saw that you verse a wollongong team or something.

joshie4
04-04-2009, 10:26 PM
i thought i would post this here since most aussies will reply and i haven't got enough posts to make my own topic. Did anyone see the Bondi Raiders doing a little show off gridiron thing before the friday night league match. I only saw it today but that looked bad. Seriously if that was the over 18's then gridiron looks easy in sydney. If your going to show off a sport at least have a match. They were just throwing the ball around a little bit of blocking. Hahaha you should have seen there quarterback dropping back. It was embarrasing for me cause my dad was looking over at me as if you like this sport? I'm thinking of playing next season lol.

And in the off chance that one of those Bondi Raiders read this no offense to you its just Gridiorn NSW should have done a better job than just sending out one lonely team to muck around.

Nz Charger
04-07-2009, 07:07 PM
Im suprised to see other Nzers here! Good to see other charger fans, I havent seen anyone else in New Zealand who is even remotely interested in Football, its just Rugby over here!

Kiwi Charger
05-30-2009, 10:04 PM
where in auckland r u? 7 clubs up there...

aussienflfan12
07-29-2010, 10:05 AM
Another aussie fan here, from Adelaide.
My dad was actually a gridiron ref here in Adelaide 20+ years ago.
We're taking our first trip to America later this year. Will be in san Diego for the Denver game, i'm praying like mad I get tickets.

newjerseydamo
08-23-2010, 05:40 PM
thought id say hi to all other Aussie fans :)

New to the forum, and have only been watching NFL since the last season when i had foxtel.

Was a supporter of the Vikings, however i am going to the USA in October, and seeing the Chargers at home agianst the Titans, so have now switched sides hehe.

I'm in Melbourne, play PS3, studying Audio Engineering, and generally just very relaxed :)

Also a huge huge HUGE NHL fan, and my team is the New Jersey Devils.
I'm also seeing the Devils play 3 times in California while I'm in the USA :)

newjerseydamo
08-24-2010, 04:49 AM
They don't want your AFL garbage, NRL is where its at haha.

Newjersey: I'm an NHL fan as well. I go for the Ducks and Sabres. NHL was the first american sport i followed but has now been taken over by the NFL and Chargers.

I lived in Queensland for 13 years (born and raised in Melbourne).

I wouldnt touch NRL with a 50 foot pole ;)

NHL was my first american sport too, but i love it to death and will never give it up.
But i must admit, the more i follow/watch/play on PS3 NFL, i get more hooked :)

i should just give up and move to the USA lol.

As for Ducks, im seeing the Devils play then at Honda Centre on October 29th :)

joshie4
08-24-2010, 06:20 AM
I lived in Queensland for 13 years (born and raised in Melbourne).

I wouldnt touch NRL with a 50 foot pole ;)

NHL was my first american sport too, but i love it to death and will never give it up.
But i must admit, the more i follow/watch/play on PS3 NFL, i get more hooked :)

i should just give up and move to the USA lol.

As for Ducks, im seeing the Devils play then at Honda Centre on October 29th :)

I thought you would be since you said you were going to see 3 games in Cali. Going to see the Kings and Sharks as well?

I don't like the Devils lol. Always hated them since i played NHL games on the PS2 back in 2001. Plus they beat the Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals as well :(

Funny how many people are introduced to american sports through video games. All sport brands should invest in having a good game released to the public. There is no better way to get young followers. I'm 17 BTW

newjerseydamo
08-24-2010, 07:03 AM
I thought you would be since you said you were going to see 3 games in Cali. Going to see the Kings and Sharks as well?

I don't like the Devils lol. Always hated them since i played NHL games on the PS2 back in 2001. Plus they beat the Ducks in the Stanley Cup finals as well :(

Funny how many people are introduced to american sports through video games. All sport brands should invest in having a good game released to the public. There is no better way to get young followers. I'm 17 BTW

yeah, arrive in San Francisco, see Devils @ Sharks, then fly down to LA for the Ducks+Kings games, then day after Titans @ Chargers :)

will be a good week of sports!

and i agree about the video games.
Thats how i got introduced to them and made me learn the rules, and follow more closely.
Been playing Madden 11 like mad lately, and cant wait for NHL 11 :)

I still would of preferred if we kept Niedermayer though (the good one ;))

Oggy
05-08-2012, 06:12 PM
Just thought I would update this page. Hard to find Chargers fans where I am (Country Vic). Can't wait for the season to start and as always this time of year, expecting Big things from the Bolts.

ChargersAus17
07-05-2015, 08:20 AM
G'day from Australia Chargers fans! If any Chargers fans would like to join an Australian facebook group to chat with fellow Aussie Bolts fans, follow the link!

https://m.facebook.com/groups/863236427030076

Chargerfreak
07-05-2015, 09:19 AM
G'day from Australia Chargers fans! If any Chargers fans would like to join an Australian facebook group to chat with fellow Aussie Bolts fans, follow the link!

G'day !!!!! Throw another Donkey on the fire !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrimp on the grill rules.

chargertom
07-06-2015, 06:24 PM
I combined the 9 threads, dating back to 2004, asking if there are any Australian Charger fans here.

Chargerfreak
07-07-2015, 03:28 AM
I combined the 9 threads, dating back to 2004, asking if there are any Australian Charger fans here.

:LightsOut:

woodeye2000
07-07-2015, 05:28 AM

More gibberish !!
It's called a barbie.
Outdoor cooked Donkey
gives you nice grill marks
appealing to the Eye
however the taste
is overpowering and gamey
unless a marinade is used.

woodeye2000
07-07-2015, 12:01 PM

Merge the hell out of them.
That's right.
No more monkey business.
Until training camp.

Truganini lives

woodeye2000
07-07-2015, 12:21 PM

Yes. Yes. Bung another snag on the barbie.

woodeye2000
07-08-2015, 04:34 AM

Welcome to our strange party. :Cheers: