PDA

View Full Version : Gil Brandt says Raiders will win the AFC WEST

808BOLTFAN
05-26-2009, 02:37 PM
luke, ohio

12:42 PM ET

With The raiders moves in the draft, and this offseason it looks like they are trying to return to old school raider football do you see them winning the division this year?
http://static.nfl.com/static/content//catch_all/nfl_image/brandt40x55.jpg
Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Luke, I am on record saying the Raiders will win the AFC West. I'm a little disappointed, though, in what I've seen this offseason from JaMarcus Russell. He showed up for OTAs looking overweight -- and the Raiders need him to be in shape and ready to play if my pick is going to pan out.

----------------------------

You must br kidding Gil, how da hell do u see da Raiders taking out the Chargers for the AFC West?? I guess he doesn't think our OL will be healthy, LT healthy, return of Merriman, Rivera running the D and Rivers in the backfield...what a joke. We gets no love. Lets beat up on the Faiders in game 1.

ATCA
05-26-2009, 02:41 PM
This is hilarious. There is no way the Faiders win the West.

TJ-Charger-Fan
05-26-2009, 02:45 PM
I'd take Oakland more seriously if Jeff Garcia was their starter, but Al wants his strong armed qb at the helm.

ATCA
05-26-2009, 02:48 PM
I'd take Oakland more seriously if Jeff Garcia was their starter, but Al wants his strong armed qb at the helm.

That's true, they would be better with Garcia, they have a good run game.

aaron
05-26-2009, 02:51 PM
Unless the AFC West is going to be won with a sub 500 record, the raiders will not be winning anything.

MikeTheBlade
05-26-2009, 02:54 PM
hahaha Jmarcus Russell came in over weight? LOL

PartyBall
05-26-2009, 02:56 PM
Link please????

Not that I don't believe you. Just that I want to share.

ReppinMoose
05-26-2009, 02:59 PM
hahaha Jmarcus Russell came in over weight? LOL

Doesn't Russell come in overweight every year? haha

that's quite a prediction

Charger Dave
05-26-2009, 03:11 PM
Link please????

Not that I don't believe you. Just that I want to share.Here it is, but google is still your friend once you get to know him:

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/267

Bolt Cola
05-26-2009, 03:20 PM
Is this Gil Brandt's application for a position writing for "The Onion"??

Rip
05-26-2009, 03:38 PM
Why?
Garthia has already proven that hes only good when playing on good teams with great supporting casts. He was downright horrible when given starting jobs with the lions and Browns a few years back, and last year, with his team fighting for a playoff spot, what does he do, he goes out and gets killed in back to back home games against us and the RAIDERS!

I HOPE garthia is the raiders starter this year

ReggieF
05-26-2009, 03:51 PM
Wow, Gil is even saying that the Raiders would be better with Russel? Okay, sure.

sbolts
05-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Count me as one who does not want to see Garcia playing QB for the raiders. They have a good defense and if the OLine improves any with a good running game, they'll be tough.

Garcia is not great by any stretch of the imagination but he's just annoying and scrappy. He'll move the ball 4 yards at a time and chew up clock. That would've been an absolute disaster for Teddy's D. Hopefully Rivera's D will be better at not getting chewed up by the Trent Edwards of the world.

I'd much rather see Jamarcus throwing interceptions and getting sacked. A lot of folks are overly confident about this team, especially against the raiders. Think how close some games with them have been recently.

TJ-Charger-Fan
05-26-2009, 04:05 PM
Why?
Garthia has already proven that hes only good when playing on good teams with great supporting casts. He was downright horrible when given starting jobs with the lions and Browns a few years back, and last year, with his team fighting for a playoff spot, what does he do, he goes out and gets killed in back to back home games against us and the RAIDERS!

I HOPE garthia is the raiders starter this year

i meant i'd take them more seriously as a threat as a team, not saying they will actually be a threat to the division. Garcia adds veteran leadership and smarts, and you cant say he was surrounded by great talent in Detroit or Cleveland the years he was there, otherwise he'd still be in either of those places.

Garcia makes Oakland a better team as a starter than Russell right now, but that doesnt mean they'll win more than 7,8 or 9 games.

808BOLTFAN
05-26-2009, 04:22 PM
Link please????

Not that I don't believe you. Just that I want to share.

No problem. NFL.com look for the segment that says "ask gill Brandt)

andocug
05-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I believe the Raiders got better on offense this offseason with the acquisitions of Neal and Garcia. Heyward-Bey could become a dangerous weapon but most rookie WRs struggle in their 1st season.

The Raiders have a good defense and will be able to run the ball on offense. They are capable of playing teams tough and pulling upsets but I wouldn't say they are any better than the Chiefs or Broncos.

I am not knocking any of the teams in our division (or taking them lightly) but I think we match up the best against the tough AFC North and NFC East teams.

I believe the Raiders and Chiefs win 6 games and the Broncos winning 8. I see us winning the division with 10 or 11 wins.

BoltWolf
05-26-2009, 04:32 PM
Can you say DELUDED?!

vheman
05-26-2009, 04:40 PM
Gil Brandt also thinks that Jimmy Carter is the president of the United States.

chargerfan1978
05-26-2009, 04:57 PM
luke, ohio

12:42 pm et

with the raiders moves in the draft, and this offseason it looks like they are trying to return to old school raider football do you see them winning the division this year?
gil brandt, nfl.com

luke, i am on record saying the raiders will win the afc west. I'm a little disappointed, though, in what i've seen this offseason from jamarcus russell. He showed up for otas looking overweight -- and the raiders need him to be in shape and ready to play if my pick is going to pan out.

you must br kidding gil, how da hell do u see da raiders taking out the chargers for the afc west?? I guess he doesn't think our ol will be healthy, lt healthy, return of merriman, rivera running the d and rivers in the backfield...what a joke. We gets no love. Lets beat up on the faiders in game 1.

k n u c k l e h e a d

gbranc21
05-26-2009, 05:02 PM
Gil Brandt is going down the same road as Skip Bayless....anything to get attention.

Jay21
05-26-2009, 05:31 PM
The Raiders have a good defense :confused:

Pass D I can see, though they're fairly middle of the road. But that run defense is atrocious. Unless Michael Mitchell is the next Bob Sanders and then some, which I seriously doubt, teams will continue to run at them left and right... and in the middle where they're really weak. They've been one of the worst run defenses in the league for years now and haven't done anything to address this... you know, like drafting or signing some DTs who can actually hold up against the run.

I expect the Raiders will be more of the same in 2009 - inconsistent and average overall against the pass, and awful against the run. That should get them another losing season even with an improved offense.

lightningstrike
05-26-2009, 05:36 PM
Haha this guy should be a comedian!!!

:helmet GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!

SDBoltLvr
05-26-2009, 05:41 PM
Chargers never get any respect. It's a ridiculous prediction. That said, I wish all of the so called experts would put the Chargers in the basement. Our team plays a lot better with a big old chip on their shoulders. I refer to it as the Charger Chip. Now let's get this season rolling and kick some ... :logo

freakshow
05-26-2009, 06:55 PM
Chargers never get any respect. It's a ridiculous prediction. That said, I wish all of the so called experts would put the Chargers in the basement. Our team plays a lot better with a big old chip on their shoulders. I refer to it as the Charger Chip. Now let's get this season rolling and kick some ... :logo

Actually the Chargers have gotten props the last few years and last year were a heavy fav early on to be a SB contender. We proved them all wrong with an 8 and 8 season. I see us stepping up this year as long as we remain healthy but really what jack, jim or sally has to say about the NFL at this time of year, WHO CARES. There is a lot of work to be done PERIOD

JCDavey
05-26-2009, 07:09 PM
luke, ohio

With The raiders moves in the draft, and this offseason it looks like they are trying to return to old school raider football do you see them winning the division this year?
Gil Brandt, NFL.com

Luke, I am on record saying the Raiders will win the AFC West. I'm a little disappointed, though, in what I've seen this offseason from JaMarcus Russell. He showed up for OTAs looking overweight -- and the Raiders need him to be in shape and ready to play if my pick is going to pan out.

You must br kidding Gil, how da hell do u see da Raiders taking out the Chargers for the AFC West?? I guess he doesn't think our OL will be healthy, LT healthy, return of Merriman, Rivera running the D and Rivers in the backfield...what a joke. We gets no love. Lets beat up on the Faiders in game 1.great! please pick anyone but us, maybe that will help some of our guys shut up like they haven't in the past

let rivers lead the way with his comments about being quiet and just playing!

ftwbolt
05-26-2009, 07:57 PM
luke, ohio

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

You must br kidding Gil, how da hell do u see da Raiders taking out the Chargers for the AFC West?? I guess he doesn't think our OL will be healthy, LT healthy, return of Merriman, Rivera running the D and Rivers in the backfield...what a joke. We gets no love. Lets beat up on the Faiders in game 1.

One person's opinion !

ftwbolt
05-26-2009, 08:28 PM
Gil Brandt is going down the same road as Skip Bayless....anything to get attention.

Not even close !

BoltBacker17Oz
05-26-2009, 09:09 PM
Well its nice to know when reporters are goin senile, or developing Dementia *no offense to the Spanos'* At least hes all the way crazy sayin theres no way if its Garcia at helm. Considering he does actualy have a pretty decent cast to work with. As we all know Oak is the NFL version of a Soap Opera.
:layup

Jay21
05-26-2009, 09:42 PM
As we all know Oak is the NFL version of a Soap Opera.
:layup

Is that where JaMarcus Russell plays the young and the restless in the pocket?

Rip
05-27-2009, 01:15 PM
i meant i'd take them more seriously as a threat as a team, not saying they will actually be a threat to the division. Garcia adds veteran leadership and smarts, and you cant say he was surrounded by great talent in Detroit or Cleveland the years he was there, otherwise he'd still be in either of those places.

Those lions and browns teams that garthia was on had more offensive talent than this raiders team.

LightsOut4ever
05-27-2009, 02:03 PM
k n u c k l e h e a d

It's just turrible

http://static1.videosift.com/thumbs/f/ra/Frank_Caliendo_as_Charles_Barkley.jpg

thehotdelancey
05-27-2009, 04:10 PM
They've given us a little trouble recently, and with their strong finish last year, I wouldn't say there's no chance of them improving.

Saying they'll win the West is a little premature, but its not as unrealistic as we would like to think. The "because they suck" or "Al Davis" arguments aren't quite so powerful when you saw how the team finished. . .their draft was questionable but if those picks pan out then we've got a couple tough ball games on our hands.

RIPgriggs
05-29-2009, 11:46 PM
there is no way the raiders will beat US this year,

as for the rest of the west, i dont see why the raiders could not win.

alot of people think they had a bad draft, but what if that speed reciver is just waht jamarcus needs..... ?? then what will everyone be saying... im not a raider apoligist, but i do think they have been getting better EVERY year. and that does say more then the broncos, ..

unless the raiders play all weak teams, and all we play is playoff teams, i dont even see them being 2 games within first place.

onetriphudson
05-30-2009, 12:04 AM
You are high gil.

RIPgriggs
05-30-2009, 12:19 AM
They've given us a little trouble recently, and with their strong finish last year, I wouldn't say there's no chance of them improving.

Saying they'll win the West is a little premature, but its not as unrealistic as we would like to think. The "because they suck" or "Al Davis" arguments aren't quite so powerful when you saw how the team finished. . .their draft was questionable but if those picks pan out then we've got a couple tough ball games on our hands.

i try real hard not to let my "hate for the raiders" effect the way i see how good they are. for the past 3 years the raiders have started to aquire some good players, make a stout defense, grab key offensive players.. i still dont see them getting one over on us. but.... i can see them gettin better this year.

JoeMcRugby
05-30-2009, 01:14 AM
Last win over the Chargers - September 28, 2003.

The Chargers will destroy the Raiduhs season on opening night - just like the Donkos did to them in 2008.

The Raiduhs will extend their all time NFL record by recording their 7th straight 11+ loss season in 2009.

It's the easiest slam-dunk bet on the NFL board this year. :layup

BoltWolf
05-30-2009, 06:03 AM

The Chargers will destroy the Raiduhs season on opening night - just like the Donkos did to them in 2008.

The Raiduhs will extend their all time NFL record by recording their 7th straight 11+ loss season in 2009.

Quote Repeated for Extreme Truth!

Jaypee59
05-30-2009, 11:39 AM
luke, ohio

Gil Brandt, NFL.com

noo gil, you forgot to put your words in green, im sure this is just a misunderstanding.

lightningstrike
05-30-2009, 01:03 PM

Ya and another year my dad can put his head down in shame :LightsOut:

:helmet GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

guerro619
05-30-2009, 07:03 PM
I'm actually laughing really hard right now. Wow....What in the world is Gil living in. Nice way to try to get the Faider's hopes up. April Fools has been long gone.

SP17BOLT
05-30-2009, 07:07 PM
Ridiculous, even Raider fans are laughing

JammerHammer23
05-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Ridiculous, even Raider fans are laughing

There's a Raider fan on this board somewhere that means!!!! Ban all Raiders personnel, and lock them in a cage!!!! Ban them now!!!