PDA

View Full Version : Deleting Threads with no follow up

LightEmUp
08-07-2009, 11:27 AM
So how long has this practice been going on?

Deleting threads and not even telling the original poster why you did so? - Pretty lazy mods.

So who is it that dictates what is worthy of the boards and what is not? I read a TON of crap on here everyday! - I too would like the power to delete stuff I dont like reading and not even have the decency to let the person know why I did.

If I post a thread that gets 0 replies, then please...delete it. But the thread had 2 pages of replies and at the worst should have just been moved to another section.

I'll use the token phrase.

This feels like communism.

LightEmUp
08-07-2009, 11:29 AM
From Cro's tweet.

We Cnt Gt no SpRBowel cuz the CHrgs MB be Delting Our Thrds.

JoeMcRugby
08-07-2009, 11:31 AM
Are you sure that the thread wasn't merged?

I can't remember the last time I deleted a thread. It must have been a couple of years back.

Moving this to the feedback forum.

BTW Do you know the definition of communism? I'm pretty sure that you'll find nothing in a discussion of communism that deals with your issue.

LightEmUp
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Are you sure that the thread wasn't merged?

I can't remember the last time I deleted a thread. It must have been a couple of years back.

Moving this to the feedback forum.

BTW Do you know the definition of communism? I'm pretty sure that you'll find nothing in a discussion of communism that deals with your issue.

I should have put it in Green. I was using the communism line as sarcasm towards the argument that was made against me yesterday. I dont feel this is like communism, I was mocking the line. Thats why I put "I'll use the token phrase".

But yes, the thread was deleted.

Maybe you mods need to huddle up and find out who the rogue cool guy is.

JoeMcRugby
08-07-2009, 11:33 AM
I should have put it in Green. I was using the communism line as sarcasm towards the argument that was made against me yesterday. I dont feel this is like communism, I was mocking the line. Thats why I put "I'll use the token phrase".

But yes, the thread was deleted.

Maybe you mods need to huddle up and find out who the rogue cool guy is.

What thread?

LightEmUp
08-07-2009, 11:34 AM
What thread?

Package Twitter Feed.

its been deleted. I have no message in my inbox why.

LT LT LT
08-07-2009, 11:37 AM
at least this one was just moved and not deleted

chargertom
08-07-2009, 12:27 PM
I deleted your thread because it turned into two pages of nothing but petty bickering back and forth between posters who like twitter and posters who think it sucks.

Was there anything constructive in the personal attacks, and the insults that were being tossed back and forth? All that thread was doing was to throw yet another division in between Charger fans.

If there was anything worthwhile in the thread, I must have missed it.

All I read was "twitter sucks ... it's for little girls" and "too bad ... it's here to stay, so get over it".

Does that pretty much sum it up?

LightEmUp
08-07-2009, 01:46 PM
I deleted your thread because it turned into two pages of nothing but petty bickering back and forth between posters who like twitter and posters who think it sucks.

Was there anything constructive in the personal attacks, and the insults that were being tossed back and forth? All that thread was doing was to throw yet another division in between Charger fans.

If there was anything worthwhile in the thread, I must have missed it.

All I read was "twitter sucks ... it's for little girls" and "too bad ... it's here to stay, so get over it".

Does that pretty much sum it up?

And you couldnt send me an email as this why? - Why all of a sudden NOW are you coming in here bashing my thread when you didnt even take the time to send me an email? - I think YOUR tactic is in question.

And to question the thread because of YOUR perception of the content is unbelievable. Are you meaning to tell me that every thread in the GD is full of accurate factual information? - Please!!! - What its full of, is peoples opinions and I shared mine beyond pointing fingers and personal attacks. I thoughtfully wrote out my opinion on a topic that was most recently headline news in Charger camp. If there was talk of 7 year old girls, blame that on the anonymous Charger who said it.

Protecting opposition to twitter is one thing, but atleast have the courage to say thats what your doing. Deleting a thread with no follow up only to come in here and twist things because YOU got called out is pretty poor form.

This does not make you guys look good. The arrogance of your response based on your own distorted take of things is probably a good indication of the way you guys think as a whole. I hope thats not true.

LightEmUp
08-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Inane Drivel w/ he said she said personal attacks. This thread should be deleted.

BuenoExcelente
08-07-2009, 04:14 PM
And you couldnt send me an email as this why? - Why all of a sudden NOW are you coming in here bashing my thread when you didnt even take the time to send me an email? - I think YOUR tactic is in question.

And to question the thread because of YOUR perception of the content is unbelievable. Are you meaning to tell me that every thread in the GD is full of accurate factual information? - Please!!! - What its full of, is peoples opinions and I shared mine beyond pointing fingers and personal attacks. I thoughtfully wrote out my opinion on a topic that was most recently headline news in Charger camp. If there was talk of 7 year old girls, blame that on the anonymous Charger who said it.

Protecting opposition to twitter is one thing, but atleast have the courage to say thats what your doing. Deleting a thread with no follow up only to come in here and twist things because YOU got called out is pretty poor form.

This does not make you guys look good. The arrogance of your response based on your own distorted take of things is probably a good indication of the way you guys think as a whole. I hope thats not true.

***Courage...surely you jest! See ya in Cabo.

***QFT!!!!

ieDaddy
08-07-2009, 04:24 PM
I'll use the token phrase.

This feels like communism.

No no, the token phrase is this is Nazi Germany and the mods are like hitler - that's the phrase you're supposed to use... because really, when trying to flame the mods isn't that what it always boils down to? it's not a proper mod discussion unless fascism is brought in - throw a little Mousallini or brown shirts in at least...

BTW - to go further off topic, saw Valkyrie last week - didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, TC actually did a pretty good job - not great, but at least I didn't hate him.

guerro619
08-07-2009, 07:05 PM
No no, the token phrase is this is Nazi Germany and the mods are like hitler - that's the phrase you're supposed to use... because really, when trying to flame the mods isn't that what it always boils down to? it's not a proper mod discussion unless fascism is brought in - throw a little Mousallini or brown shirts in at least...

BTW - to go further off topic, saw Valkyrie last week - didn't think I'd like it as much as I did, TC actually did a pretty good job - not great, but at least I didn't hate him.
We also need a little Fidel Castro, or Cesar Chavez in the mix. How bout Che' Guevarra. Anarchy, anarchy.........;)

jackfrost
08-07-2009, 07:51 PM
OH YEAH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!..............I buzz a front row seat for this one....http://www.clipartof.com/images/thumbnail/1947.gif

DefenseWins
08-07-2009, 09:19 PM
You asked for an explanation - ChargerTom answered your query with his honest assessment. If you didn't want to know, you shouldn't have asked :)

And to question the thread because of YOUR perception of the content is unbelievable.
Actually, that is exactly what he, or any other moderator, should do. The Chargers organization laid out a set of rules and guidelines by which this forum is run, as well as rules and a code of conduct (http://forums.chargers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=139) by which everyone who registers on the forum agrees to adhere to.

It is part of the moderators' tasks to wade through all the posts and threads on the forum and do exactly what you find so "unbelievable" - use the aforementioned rules, guidelines, and the code of conduct - as well as their perceptions and best judgement to enforce them and to try to keep the forums the generally great place it is for Charger fans. From my own observations for years, Tom does exactly that - and does it very well much more often than not.

Are you meaning to tell me that every thread in the GD is full of accurate factual information? - Please!!! - What its full of, is peoples opinions and I shared mine beyond pointing fingers and personal attacks. I thoughtfully wrote out my opinion on a topic that was most recently headline news in Charger camp. If there was talk of 7 year old girls, blame that on the anonymous Charger who said it.
I don't see any mention in Tom's reply regarding "accurate, factual information"...

What he did say is that it was heavily loaded with personal attacks - which is expressly forbidden by the previously mentioned forum codes.
Deleting a thread with no follow up only to come in here and twist things because YOU got called out is pretty poor form.
Again, you asked about it - you received a reply... and having seen the first several hours of the thread in question, I sincerely doubt there was any "twisting of things" - it was already starting to become laden with exactly the type of posts Tom stated it was... and knowing how threads like that tend to digress, I have little doubt it had gotten well out of hand by the time Tom used his discretion to remove it.

As far as "no follow up" in regards to you not "receiving an email about it":
We reserve the right to remove posts which are in violation of forum rules without notice.

We also reserve the right to take punitive action, up to and including permanent suspension of account, against any member who does not abide by the forum rules.

Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

Statements or postings that violate the above terms will be deleted from postings upon discovery. While we may attempt to notify you if we move or delete a post, we are under no obligation to do so. Depending on the nature of the violation, the San Diego Chargers at their sole discretion may terminate a customer's account.

Hopefully after you have had time to "cool down" a bit, you can get back to talking about Charger football and what looks like it has all the makings to be a great season for the Chargers and all of us Charger fans everywhere. :Bolt:

X FACTOR
08-08-2009, 06:02 PM
Take That I say..........Take That!

guerro619
08-08-2009, 07:58 PM
Take That I say..........Take That!
I'm going to have to wash your mouth out with "soap"

FCBolt
08-08-2009, 08:09 PM

But can he act better than he can coach a defense? :D