PDA

View Full Version : trevor hoffman and heath bell

JCDavey
09-13-2009, 08:45 AM
stats after last night =

heath bell 37 saves, 5 blown saves, 2.66 era, 2 hrs against
trevor hoffman 31 saves, 3 blown saves, 2.00 era, 2 hrs against

looks like no wrong choice was made in this instance, you have to figure bell will provide many solid seasons (not as many as trevor simply because a pitchers fastball declines over time, and trevor never had speed)

the point is, even with bell's 2 blown saves in a row, he's had a wonderful season, as has hoffman

i'm proud of the season hoffman has been able to have at his age (but again, no fastball to rely on so he may be able to play till satchell paige territory haha)

i believe hoffman makes the HOF, along with rivera

and i'm sure hoff goes in as a padre

edit: also it's looking like bell is going to win me my bet with a mets fan (f.rod only has 31 saves, but damn those 2 recent blown saves by bell would have given me an 8 save lead!)

FutbolAmericano
09-13-2009, 11:14 AM
Hoffman leaving is about economics.

Bell has been a pleasant surprise this year. I never expected him to be this good.

That said, he is showing his mortality now. Anyway, I don't care. This is a rebuilding year and football is finally here.

HechoEnSanDiego
09-13-2009, 12:25 PM
stats after last night =

looks like no wrong choice was made in this instance, you have to figure bell will provide many solid seasons (not as many as trevor simply because a pitchers fastball declines over time, and trevor never had speed)

the point is, even with bell's 2 blown saves in a row, he's had a wonderful season, as has hoffman

i'm proud of the season hoffman has been able to have at his age (but again, no fastball to rely on so he may be able to play till satchell paige territory haha)

edit: also it's looking like bell is going to win me my bet with a mets fan (f.rod only has 31 saves, but damn those 2 recent blown saves by bell would have given me an 8 save lead!)

$1.255 million vs $6 million.

promiseland
09-24-2009, 07:48 PM
stats after last night =

Trevor used to throw gas before he had TJ surgery. Dude was a stud, could get it up there at about 95-96 range with a devastating change up.

ScootMagroot
09-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Trevor used to throw gas before he had TJ surgery. Dude was a stud, could get it up there at about 95-96 range with a devastating change up.

ummmmm....he never had Tommy John surgery. you talking about his rotators cuff surgery?

promiseland
09-24-2009, 11:10 PM
ummmmm....he never had Tommy John surgery. you talking about his rotators cuff surgery?

Coulda swore it was tj surgery. Either or he was never the same after that

CargadoresFan1
09-26-2009, 12:30 AM
You mean Tijuana Surgery? oh thats bad

VaqT
09-30-2009, 05:09 PM
Usually pitchers come back throwing harder after Tommy John surgery. Pretty sure Hoffman never had TJ.