PDA

View Full Version : Why does the weekly Look-A-Like thread keep getting put in another Discussion?

LABoltsFan
11-04-2009, 03:41 PM
When its buried in another discussion it doesnt get the same viewer input.

Last season it was a staple leading up to the next game, this season, due to excessive regulatory control, it keeps getting moved.

Current Look A Like Thread -
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=73268

LightEmUp
11-04-2009, 04:29 PM
your walkin on thin ice bud. :p

Up next.

4 week ban.

To slow the process I suggest not abreviating curse words. :D

Pigpimpc
11-04-2009, 04:36 PM
Ya I just don't understand that either can you please explain to me I'm not that bright.

1.21Gigawatts
11-04-2009, 04:40 PM
NFL is the No Fun League.

The mods are making sure it happens on the forums too, since when it's moved, nobody ever posts in it anymore.

Oops I spoke.

Bolt4Life
11-04-2009, 04:46 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=72901

We had a thread like this in the Feedback section.

loopup2u
11-04-2009, 04:48 PM
I think it should be in General Discussion, like it has been for years.

Bolt4Life
11-04-2009, 04:55 PM
The mods won't give any explanation onto why the rule change with it. They'll just say that it's funny so it's put in that section. But they won't explain why this year they won't leave it.

I say we make a new thread each week asking why it's moved.

loopup2u
11-04-2009, 04:57 PM
If we do that, the mods will probably move them into obscurity each week.

TheCharge
11-04-2009, 04:57 PM
I think it should be in General Discussion, like it has been for years.

You can count on the mods here destroying any fun here in the General Discussions forum. This will be moved out to the boondocks in seconds. I mean, seriously, I don't know what these guys do on weekends....

23skidoo
11-04-2009, 05:03 PM
You guys could "Ask a Mod" here-
http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=73117
they've answered a bunch of my ?'s

chargertom
11-05-2009, 07:48 AM
This question was answered in the last thread that was created.

We have more than enough threads started in GD. They move to page 2 really quickly. Once they do that ... then people just start a new thread. Heck, you know how many times there have been 5 or 6 different threads on page 1 that were all about the same thing? Plenty.

We spend most of our time merging threads together. People don't take the time to search, and see if there is a thread available to post their thought in. Nope, they just start a new thread. Let the mods clean the mess up. That's the easiest way.

If we ran the forums like you guys suggest ... we'd just get rid of all the sub-forums, and post every single thread in GD. Then you guys could spend all your time trying to figure out what was what.

And do you really think it's realistic to send each of you a pm every time we have to edit, delete, or merge one of your posts or threads?

You asked why the thread is moved, and you were given an explanation. We didn't insult you, disrespect you, or call your character into question when we responded. But I guess it's okay for you guys to do it to us when you don't get your way.