PDA

View Full Version : Padres 2010

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26

Chiprocks1
01-31-2010, 10:57 AM
So. What are you predictions for this years chances to do anything? Are you happy with the personnel moves made already in the off season?

Will we hold onto Adrian Gonzalez for the entire year? Will Chris Young return to form?

I think the Padres made a huge mistake in trading away Kevin Kouzmanoff, even if he was injury prone. Yes, it's nice to get Scott Hairston back on the team, but at what price?

At the tail end of last season, I think we had found a nice nucleus to be a true contender. It remains to be seen what happens this season though.

Let's hear it what you guys think.

Bring on Baseball and the Padres. I'm ready to go.

ScootMagroot
01-31-2010, 12:06 PM
Adrian will be gone at the deadline, along with Bell. Blanks will be moved to 1st base and the outfield will be Hairston, Venable, and Gwynn Jr. probably.
Headley will have a good year after getting his position back.
I like getting rid of Kouz (never really liked him) but dont agree with what we got for him, we couldve got more.
Chris Young will be hurt most of the year again....but thats expected.
I like getting Garland. I think he will return to old form and pitch well in Petco.
I say we will have about 80-86 wins

MathewsNotMatthews24
01-31-2010, 03:50 PM
good chance bell will be gone at mid-season maybe to the marlins?, adams/gergorson will probaly take over, CY will start out okay, then get hurt into the 1st few mo. of the season.garland will do pretty good in a pitchers park. im thinking around 82-88 wins this year.

Bolt Cola
01-31-2010, 03:56 PM
you want Predictions...I'll throw out a few.

Correia will lead the team in wins.
Young won't suffer any major injuries, but will only have an average year.
Venable will hit 20+ HRs.
Hairston, Jr will replace Eckstein as everyday 2B.
2nd place finish in NL West with Legitimate shot at the Wild Card.

Bold Prediction: Garland will toss the first no-hitter in Padres history.

Jay21
02-01-2010, 12:46 AM
So. What are you predictions for this years chances to do anything?

I think we might need a bit of help. I expect the team to build upon last year and end up with 84-88 wins. But, as we saw this last year with the Giants, that's not necessarily good enough to make the playoffs. I expect the Dodgers and Rockies to regress a bit, but every team in this division has a shot at winning it.

Are you happy with the personnel moves made already in the off season?

I'm not thrilled that the Pads signed another over-the-hill vet in the very twilight of his career again, and would like to see better options at 2B and backup C. But, it's not a bad offseason...

Will we hold onto Adrian Gonzalez for the entire year? Will Chris Young return to form?

If we're contending, I don't think we move Adrian. Maybe next offseason...

...and who knows with CY.

I think the Padres made a huge mistake in trading away Kevin Kouzmanoff, even if he was injury prone. Yes, it's nice to get Scott Hairston back on the team, but at what price?

Kouz wasn't injury prone. One of the reasons the A's appear to like him is that he's an everyday 3B, where they have very little depth. But, his defense is really overrated to me. I get that his errors were few and his fielding % high, but his range was so-so. That kept him from being a truly great defender in my eyes. I'm not sure how Headley will do at 3B, but I'd take him offensively over Kouz if I had to choose one. Defensively, moving Headley out of LF is addition by subtraction.

At the tail end of last season, I think we had found a nice nucleus to be a true contender. It remains to be seen what happens this season though.

I agree. We've really gone under the radar this offseason despite how well the team played when the youngsters started stepping up. The perception about the team, from what I saw of the Adrian trade rumors, is that we don't have a chance and shouldn't even bother trying. So, I'll be looking for us to surprise some people :)

Chiprocks1
02-01-2010, 12:57 AM
Kouz wasn't injury prone.

Injury prone as in a bad back that would flare up and knock him out of the lineup.

I just want Baseball to start ASAP so that I can move on from the Chargers debacle.

mdsd77
02-01-2010, 06:28 AM
I went to Zero games last year, probably do less this year

joehess
02-01-2010, 09:44 AM
-I think Adrian will actually stay with the team throughout the year.
-Bell will be traded.
-I really don't have much faith in Gwynn Jr and see him being either released or sent down.
-86 wins gets the division, we end up with 82.

SDChargersCV
02-06-2010, 12:13 PM
Looks like another terrible season.

Chiprocks1
02-15-2010, 02:07 PM
Bring on Padres Baseball!!! It's taking forever to get here. I'm over the Chargers and ready to cheer on the Padres, even if we are not expected to do much.

dekkerbasser
02-15-2010, 02:17 PM
I'm all for the Friars. I'm going to spring training when they play the Dodgers with a friend of mine.

JCDavey
02-15-2010, 03:10 PM
you want Predictions...I'll throw out a few.

Correia will lead the team in wins.
Young won't suffer any major injuries, but will only have an average year.
Venable will hit 20+ HRs.
Hairston, Jr will replace Eckstein as everyday 2B.
2nd place finish in NL West with Legitimate shot at the Wild Card.

Bold Prediction: Garland will toss the first no-hitter in Padres history.i agree with this

i think garland has a shot to be peavy-esque in that park

Chiprocks1
03-02-2010, 09:16 AM
Jake Peavy needs to shut his pie hole and stop trying to poach the Padres.

:mad:

dekkerbasser
03-02-2010, 09:21 AM
Jake Peavy needs to shut his pie hole and stop trying to poach the Padres.

:mad:

What did he say?

Chiprocks1
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM
What did he say?

He is getting White Sox management to actively pursue A-Gon.

dekkerbasser
03-02-2010, 09:27 AM

You have a link?

Chiprocks1
03-02-2010, 09:29 AM
You have a link?

Front page of Sports Section of todays SDUT paper.

Chiprocks1
03-02-2010, 09:32 AM
Get used to it: Gonzalez is a wanted man (http://www.signonsandiego.com/news/2010/mar/02/gonzalez-wanted-man-sullivan/)

dekkerbasser
03-02-2010, 09:33 AM
Front page of Sports Section of todays SDUT paper.

Just read it. Oh well, Peavy is a bit upset still. But at least he's rocking a Charger hat...

Riverside
03-02-2010, 12:39 PM

As it looks as if we are going to trade Gonzalez anyway, having as many teams looking at him will mean that they will offer more for him in the hopes to get him. Plus I hear that Gordon Beckham could be sent to SD in a possible trade, who already looks like a great player.

SuperMatt
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
Although not blown-away by the Padres offseason, I think they have made some nice under the radar moves.

Jon Garland is a proven, quality veteran. I think this was probably the max value we could get with the budget we had in place. I think Young will bounce back on the health front and with Garland/Young/Correia leading the rotation, and the young arms behind em, I think our starting pitching looks to be in pretty good shape.

The bullpen, is still overflowing with Tower's fingerprints. While the starting pitching may be solid, not spectacular, the bullpen might be both. I think Bell will be fixture here for the next three or four years, (unless the team tanks in the first half and enters fire sale mode) and with Adams, Gregerson, Mujica and a couple 6th starters as long men, this seems to be our strength again.

I was quite sad to see Kouz go, but I LOVE Scott Hairston. The guy is a 110% every second sparkplug. He's too small to hit homeruns at Petco and too stocky to be very fast, but he seems to launch balls out exactly when we need him, and he makes plays with his feet and his glove.

Eckstein is a fixture at 2nd base and should be a role-model to every player in baseball. The guy just plays the game right. He does all the little things, his head is always in the game and he always gets the most out of his 'limited' physique.

I think Adrian will be gone by the deadline, because his value has never been higher, they're dying to get Blanks in from left field, and could probably land a heap of talent in his stead. I love Gonzo and would hate to see him leave, but I understand the business behind it.

I'm excited to see the young guns improve and build on that great finish last year. Venable has power, speed and athleticism, Evereth Cabrera is so dynamic and fun to watch, TGJr, Blanks, Hundley. If these guys can continue to get better together, we could be a lot better than people expect.

So I guess, just like every single season, I'm excited for it to start. I just hope I'm still exctied come May!

RandomTask
03-02-2010, 04:22 PM
I don't think the White Sox hadn't heard of Adrian Gonzalez before Peavy mentioned wanting him on the team. Anyone who's watched baseball the past 4 years or so should know what a talent he is.

Is Scott Linebrink still on the Southside?

sdadc
03-02-2010, 04:44 PM
Adrian will be gone at the deadline, along with Bell. Blanks will be moved to 1st base and the outfield will be Hairston, Venable, and Gwynn Jr. probably.
Headley will have a good year after getting his position back.
I like getting rid of Kouz (never really liked him) but dont agree with what we got for him, we couldve got more.
Chris Young will be hurt most of the year again....but thats expected.
I like getting Garland. I think he will return to old form and pitch well in Petco.
I say we will have about 80-86 wins

It's funny how you say we'll get 80-86 wins without Adrian and Heath after the trade deadline.. would you be then saying that this team in itself is already at least wild card contenders?

Bolt4Life
03-02-2010, 06:55 PM
When do our Pad's season start?

Chiprocks1
03-02-2010, 07:40 PM
When do our Pad's season start?

April 5th at Arizona.

dekkerbasser
03-03-2010, 08:47 AM
Padres | A-Gon seeking Teixeira money
Wed, 03 Mar 2010 05:30:21 -0800
The San Diego Union-Tribune's Tim Sullivan reports San Diego Padres (http://www.kffl.com/team/64/mlb) 1B Adrian Gonzalez (http://www.kffl.com/player/8448/mlb)'s agent John Boggs said he sees New York Yankees (http://www.kffl.com/team/60/mlb) 1B Mark Teixeira (http://www.kffl.com/player/6354/mlb) as a comparable player to his client. Teixeira signed a $180 million contract at the age of 28. Gonzalez will be 29 when he hits the market. SI.com's Jon Heyman reports the Padres (http://www.kffl.com/team/64/mlb) believe a five-year, $90 million deal is more appropriate.

Lucid
03-03-2010, 08:57 AM
Calling it right now... undefeated season

Chiprocks1
03-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Calling it right now... undefeated season

I approve and endorse this message.

SDChargersCV
03-03-2010, 06:43 PM
So. What are you predictions for this years chances to do anything? Are you happy with the personnel moves made already in the off season?

OH! just another bad year....:(

Bolt Cola
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Padres Official Spring Training games start today at noon. I know it doesn't mean anything...but I'm really waiting to see how our young players come out after the success they had towards the end of last year.

Chiprocks1
03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Padres Official Spring Training games start today at noon. I know it doesn't mean anything...but I'm really waiting to see how our young players come out after the success they had towards the end of last year.

We got rid of Cromartie. Even the Padres are going to benefit from this. :D

Chiprocks1
03-12-2010, 10:13 AM
Brian Giles officially retires.

Read more here Brian Giles Retires (http://www.10news.com/news/22811592/detail.html)

Bolt Cola
03-15-2010, 08:10 PM
Mr. UPS just dropped these off...I Can't wait for this season to finally get started.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/dubdeuce/DSC01722.jpg

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c381/dubdeuce/DSC01723.jpg

dekkerbasser
03-15-2010, 08:31 PM
Is anybody going out to this weekends games against the Dodgers?

Chiprocks1
03-26-2010, 10:24 AM
Should I be getting excited at the Padres winning 10 of their last 12 games after a horrible start?

Yes, I'm very aware that it's only pre season games. But I want so much for this team to succeed this year that I'm gonna glom onto anything postive right now concerning the Friars.

It may not mean much, but I'm a firm believer in good momentum leading us into the regular season. This season can't start soon enough for me.

MathewsNotMatthews24
03-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Should I be getting excited at the Padres winning 10 of their last 12 games after a horrible start?

Yes, I'm very aware that it's only pre season games. But I want so much for this team to succeed this year that I'm gonna glom onto anything postive right now concerning the Friars.

It may not mean much, but I'm a firm believer in good momentum leading us into the regular season. This season can't start soon enough for me.

yup, they ended last season on a tear, screwing up a buch of teams chances to make it to the playoffs, they just need to carry tht into april and beyond.

JCDavey
03-26-2010, 08:03 PM
pre season w/l record is nothing to get excited over, they're not doing this hitting in petco lol

the pitching is going to be damn good imo

hopefully the hitting will be half as good at least, that's all we'd need

i'm thinking bell to the twins would be a pretty damn good trade if we can fleece them

i don't know, i'm on the fence regarding that possible trade

MathewsNotMatthews24
03-26-2010, 08:22 PM
pre season w/l record is nothing to get excited over, they're not doing this hitting in petco lol

i'm thinking bell to the twins would be a pretty damn good trade if we can fleece them

if we get a good offer, we should trade bell, as gregerson and adams are there ready to take over, adams would make a fine closer! the pitching looks great, as latos and richard started strong last season.

JCDavey
03-26-2010, 08:33 PM
yeah i'm kinda on board with the idea of trading bell while his stock is at it's peak, if we don't think we're a contender this year, which we probably aren't despite what looks like very solid pitching

i'm on board with the idea because i kind of want another hoffman type of closer although that's rare, a guy who with crazy durability due to the lack of velocity

Bolt Cola
03-30-2010, 09:20 AM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100329&content_id=8980514&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Padres are one of 6 Teams to watch according to Peter Gammons.

Still have to wait and see but nice to see that they have caught the eyes of a great baseball mind like Gammons.

MathewsNotMatthews24
03-30-2010, 12:38 PM
http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20100329&content_id=8980514&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

Padres are one of 6 Teams to watch according to Peter Gammons.

Still have to wait and see but nice to see that they have caught the eyes of a great baseball mind like Gammons.

he doesnt see us competing right now...***? if our pitching is good and our hitters hit like its the 2nd half of 2009, we can probaly finish 3rd, maybe fight for the wild card? i KNOW we'll finish better than the D-backs though....

Chiprocks1
03-30-2010, 02:00 PM
I'm a Padre fan and I'm predicting nothing short of a World Series championship. So, all the "experts" can stick it. I'm a Homer. Sue me. :)

Bolt Cola
03-30-2010, 06:26 PM
i cannot wait for this season to get here...they have now won 15 of 17 i believe...gotta save it for the regular season

rjb1816
03-30-2010, 06:36 PM

see but look what they did last year...when headley played 3rd and started he hit real well, blanks tore it up and when AG had protection he was awesome. Not to mention, if Hairston stays healthy he brings more power. We as a team are going to be running the bases aggressively and that is gonna result in more runs.

Sure spring doesnt mean world series, but the finish to last season and this strong spring by everyone is not a fluke imo

Chiprocks1
03-30-2010, 07:05 PM
gotta save it for the regular season

That's what she said.

Chiprocks1
03-30-2010, 07:06 PM
Sure spring doesnt mean world series, but the finish to last season and this strong spring by everyone is not a fluke imo

My sentiments exactly.

JCDavey
03-30-2010, 08:32 PM
see but look what they did last year...when headley played 3rd and started he hit real well, blanks tore it up and when AG had protection he was awesome. Not to mention, if Hairston stays healthy he brings more power. We as a team are going to be running the bases aggressively and that is gonna result in more runs.

Sure spring doesnt mean world series, but the finish to last season and this strong spring by everyone is not a fluke imodidn't AG hit 28 of his 40 hrs on the road?

i hate petco to death, but it at least helps our pitching out

rjb1816
03-30-2010, 09:01 PM
didn't AG hit 28 of his 40 hrs on the road?

i hate petco to death, but it at least helps our pitching out

not sure his numbers on the road, but when guys were hitting behind him he was raking

Chiprocks1
04-04-2010, 09:50 AM
Is it Monday yet?

:LightsOut:

SD Snake
04-04-2010, 11:15 AM
One more day!

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 10:14 AM
Is it 2pm yet?

Bolt Cola
04-05-2010, 10:19 AM
Is it 2pm yet?

4 hours 52 minutes...seems like an eternity

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 02:18 PM
45 minutes to go.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

sdadc
04-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Matt Vasgersian > Dick Enberg > Mark Neely

Anyone agree? Matt and Mud were a great broadcasting duo

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 02:48 PM
Matt and Mud were a great broadcasting duo

I miss those two working together. They were a great team and brought a lot to the table.

Bolt Cola
04-05-2010, 02:57 PM
im not sold on Enberg....but i guess i will see how it goes...I had no problems with Mark Neely, but Matty V was awesome, and still has love for the Padres @ MLBNet

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 03:16 PM
What's the deal with Channel 4 making the on-screen scoreboard so damn tiny? I have 38 inch TV and I can't see squat.

This is not acceptable! :nono: My baseball season is ruined! :p

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 03:33 PM
........Ugh.

SD Snake
04-05-2010, 03:37 PM
........Ugh.
This is what we've been waiting for all winter. :rolleyes:
Come on Padres!

SD Snake
04-05-2010, 03:46 PM
Great play Eck.

Bolt4Life
04-05-2010, 04:37 PM
Gonzalez looks like complete crap out there. If he is trying to get a trade by sucking, I hope the Padres trade him to the worst MLB team there is.

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Gonzalez looks like complete crap out there. If he is trying to get a trade by sucking, I hope the Padres trade him to the worst MLB team there is.

So that means he will end up right back on the Padres then.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-05-2010, 04:54 PM
So that means he will end up right back on the Padres then.
damn, one hit so far! we cant use our blazing speed if they cant get on base!

kiwibolt
04-05-2010, 04:58 PM
And this is why they don't hand out trophies at the end of spring training...

I think the Padres are a .500 team or better this year, but too many people got too excited by what they did towards the end of spring training.

rjb1816
04-05-2010, 05:04 PM
they are facing one of the better pitchers in baseball on the road, and they gave up 4 unearned runs...lets not jump to conclusions after one game

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-05-2010, 05:25 PM
yup, haren isnt some triple-a guy, he's pretty good, we always start a rally with 2 outs!!!

23skidoo
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Adrian just went Yard, and Blanks just followed that up with a bomb. 6-3 now

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
woo! back to back jacks!

SD Snake
04-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Padres go down 6-3. Some good things and some bad things. Garland was a human rain delay and Headley's error. I thought Chase might have trouble at 3rd.

Good things:
- Bullpen went four scoreless innings
- Back to back jacks from the big guys Gonzo and Blanks.

Haren is a great pitcher so don't get to discouraged fans, one game doesn't make a season. Go Padres!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Padres go down 6-3. Some good things and some bad things. Garland was a human rain delay and Headley's error. I thought Chase might have trouble at 3rd.

Good things:
- Bullpen went four scoreless innings
- Back to back jacks from the big guys Gonzo and Blanks.

Haren is a great pitcher so don't get to discouraged fans, one game doesn't make a season. Go Padres!

yup, i was impressed w/ stauffer and our relief in general, we didnt even need to use bell or adams!

SD Snake
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM
yup, i was impressed w/ stauffer and our relief in general, we didnt even need to use bell or adams!
Adams is the man,I forgot about him.

Bolt Cola
04-05-2010, 05:54 PM
4 Unearned runs and we lose by 3...hopefully the rain we saw here in SD heads to AZ so they have to close the roof tomorrow....Chris Young is a fly ball pitcher and never pitches well in AZ.

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 05:59 PM
Even though the outcome of todays game was not to my liking, the 2 shots from A-Gon and Blanks leaves me feeling optimistic about our lineup. Once we get everyone firing together as a team, we can really be potent with the bat this year.

Let's get 'em tomorrow boys.

Chiprocks1
04-05-2010, 07:48 PM
Is anyone else having problems accessing the Padres Video Corner where they show the games highlights? Or is it just my browser?

Can anyone send me a direct link the the video page with all the clips? I can access the main page, but nothing else at the moment.

Thanks.

SD Snake
04-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Is anyone else having problems accessing the Padres Video Corner where they show the games highlights? Or is it just my browser?

Can anyone send me a direct link the the video page with all the clips? I can access the main page, but nothing else at the moment.

Thanks.
I dunno, Perhaps too many fans are trying to access the site at once.

joehess
04-06-2010, 09:29 AM
What's the deal with Channel 4 making the on-screen scoreboard so damn tiny? I have 38 inch TV and I can't see squat.

This is not acceptable! :nono: My baseball season is ruined! :p

I was wondering if it was just my TV or if they didn't even try the thing out. I couldnt see the pitch speed or the inning.

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 10:10 AM
I was wondering if it was just my TV or if they didn't even try the thing out. I couldnt see the pitch speed or the inning.

Well I was watching it on the regular Channel 4, and then switched over to Channel 704 to watch in HD and it was legible. Kinda. The text is still too small IMO and needs to be addressed.

Bolt4Life
04-06-2010, 10:37 AM
I just moved back down to Oceanside last Sunday, so it's nice having the Padre games.

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 08:09 PM
Clutch 2 out hit by Everth Cabrera to drive in a pair. I didn't think it was going to go that far.

sdadc
04-06-2010, 08:15 PM
I sniff a Chris Young no-hitter brewing for the first in franchise history!

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 08:39 PM
Wil Venable goes yard! Ka-boom!!!!

Vernon Dozier
04-06-2010, 09:00 PM
I love Jerry Coleman, but what is he, 85 years old now?

But Dick Enberg: Man, that guy is incredible, and I'm glad we have him! I have always loved him on NFL games, but I think he is even better calling baseball games.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-06-2010, 09:06 PM

But Dick Enberg: Man, that guy is incredible, and I'm glad we have him! I have always loved him on NFL games, but I think he is even better calling baseball games.

yup, enberg & Coleman are broadcasting legends! Where's mark neely?

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 09:34 PM
Another clutch 2 out hit by Everth Cabrera to drive in a pair with a triple. Get the man another 2 at-bats and make em count with a single and homer so I can cross that off my "must see happen in my life time" list. :D

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 09:46 PM
Chris Young is in the zone tonight. Welcome back big guy. :)

Vernon Dozier
04-06-2010, 09:59 PM
Where's mark neely?

http://www.guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/smilies/vomit-smiley-007.gif

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-06-2010, 10:02 PM
Tonite's CY looks like the CY of 07, when he was better than peavy in that 1st half

ScootMagroot
04-06-2010, 10:06 PM

Maybe when he learns the players and stops calling the by the wrong name. And parts of the field....its the warning track...not warning path.

Hes good, but he does have a lot of learning to do, but what a better way than on the job training. Now if we could get rid of Grant, and get Matty V back....

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-06-2010, 10:09 PM
Maybe when he learns the players and stops calling the by the wrong name. And parts of the field....its the warning track...not warning path.

Hes good, but he does have a lot of learning to do, but what a better way than on the job training. Now if we could get rid of Grant, and get Matty V back....

Yup! I miss matty! But he went big-time! He's on MLB network
now, too bad he couldn't stay, and gregerson isn't too bright on the road,huh?

JCDavey
04-06-2010, 10:19 PM
damn middle relief

blah

JCDavey
04-06-2010, 10:25 PM
top of the order sucks badly tonight

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 10:33 PM
Everth: Single, Double, Triple, 4 RBI's and now a stolen base. Not bad for a kid that rolled his ankle.

Now we gotta hit around to get him another at-bat to punctuate his night with a Homer. Let's do it!!

rjb1816
04-06-2010, 10:38 PM
gwynn better start hitting or he gone be in the 8th spot

JCDavey
04-06-2010, 10:48 PM
gwynn better start hitting or he gone be in the 8th spotevereth's certainly making his case for the top

JCDavey
04-06-2010, 10:52 PM
AGON!!!!

back to back hr days , both coming in the 9th inning haha

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 10:52 PM
Ka-boom! Monster shot by A-Gon!!!!!

JCDavey
04-06-2010, 11:03 PM
heath! nice close there

Chiprocks1
04-06-2010, 11:06 PM
Time for me to start scoreboard watching. Yes, I like to start early. :D

Bolt Cola
04-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Great game tonight by CY, Correia gets the hill tomorrow to go after a series win.

Jay21
04-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Heh...

Petco Park is apparently one of the safest places in San Diego county in an earthquake.

Props to the Padres marketing department for getting that on the evening news lol

rjb1816
04-07-2010, 08:47 AM
evereth's certainly making his case for the top

why are we not batting Hairston? I dont get it...play him over Gwynn in center. He's a much better hitter

Bolt Cola
04-07-2010, 10:06 AM
why are we not batting Hairston? I dont get it...play him over Gwynn in center. He's a much better hitterIt's gonna be pretty much a platoon with the two of them, Gwynn vs. Righties, and Hairston vs. Lefties, and Hairston will probably give Blanks and Venable random days off. Hairston is a beast against Lefties and only so so against the Righties. Give Gwynn some time...It's only been 2 games, and his speed will certainly help this team.

promiseland
04-07-2010, 12:28 PM
It's gonna be pretty much a platoon with the two of them, Gwynn vs. Righties, and Hairston vs. Lefties, and Hairston will probably give Blanks and Venable random days off. Hairston is a beast against Lefties and only so so against the Righties. Give Gwynn some time...It's only been 2 games, and his speed will certainly help this team.

I love Jr, But he does not belong on a MLB roster. He is what he is, a career .260 hitter with a .330 OBP and absolutley no power. He strikes out a lot more than a lead-off hitter should. His speed is overrated, He only swiped 11 bags and got caught 7 times last season. This is a no-brainer in my opinion, Hairston should be starting FULL TIME. I have nothing against JR, but the fact that he is starting over Hairston (Cause of his last name) is insult to my and all other fans intelligence.

JCDavey
04-07-2010, 12:49 PM
why are we not batting Hairston? I dont get it...play him over Gwynn in center. He's a much better hitterhe must suck against righties?

i assumed gwynn and venable play when a righty is throwing, and when it's a lefty you'll see scott hairston and a combo of gwynn and venable (whichever one is batting better)

JCDavey
04-07-2010, 12:51 PM
I love Jr, But he does not belong on a MLB roster. He is what he is, a career .260 hitter with a .330 OBP and absolutley no power. He strikes out a lot more than a lead-off hitter should. His speed is overrated, He only swiped 11 bags and got caught 7 times last season. This is a no-brainer in my opinion, Hairston should be starting FULL TIME. I have nothing against JR, but the fact that he is starting over Hairston (Cause of his last name) is insult to my and all other fans intelligence.i don't think that's a good idea

RandomTask
04-07-2010, 12:58 PM
Long season boys ... 160 games left and if you live and die on every pitch you're gonna be burnt out by June!

There are some things I like so far this season and somethings I don't. I'd like to see Hairston get a start in Arizona because he crushed the ball there a couple seasons ago (albeit against a lefty). Chris Young looked pretty good but you can tell when he's out of gas. Garland seemed to be nibbling and pitching off the plate hoping to get calls from the ump who wasn't giving the corners. Would have liked to see him adjust and go after hitters with the sinker and just have them break bats grounding balls into the ground. Gregerson had a bad outing last night but you got to put him back out there in the 7th as he has good history there. Mike Adams looked good for the inning plus. Heath closed out the game and didn't seem to miss a beat. Evereth Cabrera has looked pretty good at the plate but made some errors in the field. Still think he's a solid player and I still like him hitting 8th because he can get on, steal a base and/or get bunted over by the pitcher. Gwynn Jr. I think will be fine if we all agree he's a solid 4th outfielder nothing more nothing less. Was nice to see Jerry Hairston at 2nd. Think he might have a little more range than Eck. It is such a pleasure to watch Adrian Gonzalez ... enjoy him while you can! Headley seems to be hitting the ball hard and had some nice plays last night after the brain fart on the opener. Hundley seems to be doing well with the pitchers. Hope Yorvit gets a start in AZ and Colorado. Maybe he'll be Latos personal catcher. Blanks crushed the ball on Monday. Man if he gets ahold of one look out! Venable is pretty solid. Will be interested to see how he develops.

rjb1816
04-07-2010, 01:02 PM
he must suck against righties?

i assumed gwynn and venable play when a righty is throwing, and when it's a lefty you'll see scott hairston and a combo of gwynn and venable (whichever one is batting better)

he still hit close to .300 in his career as a padre against both right and lefties. regardless...he needs to start somewhere against righties.

Chiprocks1
04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
I'm going on record and saying that Kyle Blanks will be the first to clear the Western Metal Supply Co. building this year. It will happen.

Oh yes.....it will. :LightsOut:

promiseland
04-07-2010, 01:25 PM
i don't think that's a good idea

Why not????

SuperMatt
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
I like what I've seen so far, for the most part.

Garland obviously didn't have his best stuff, but he was two errors away from fighting through and only giving up 2 runs.

T Gwynn Jr has plus speed, seems to be very good defensively and has a fast, short swing. Give him time to hone his craft.

Chase has made a couple errors at third, but that's to be expected. It's very different playing the infield and outfield. He'll adjust.

CY looked to be back to his old self, and that's a good thing!

The young'ns seem to be picking up right where they left off last season, and as long as they continue to improve, we could do some real damage this season!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-07-2010, 04:22 PM
I'm going on record and saying that Kyle Blanks will be the first to clear the Western Metal Supply Co. building this year. It will happen.

Oh yes.....it will. :LightsOut:

yup, if anyone, itll be #88, did you see that HR on opening day? he hit it dead-senter, farthest part of the park!

Chiprocks1
04-07-2010, 04:41 PM
yup, if anyone, itll be #88, did you see that HR on opening day? he hit it dead-senter, farthest part of the park!

Yeah. That was a monster shot. Not only did it go to the deepest part, it was a line drive. Not some cheap, looping HR.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-07-2010, 04:43 PM
Yeah. That was a monster shot. Not all did it go to the deepest part, it was a line drive. Not some cheap, looping HR.

yup, i mean, last year, evryone would walk agon cuz wed have some scrub up next, now, we got blanks waiting to hit one out if they walk agon!

SD Snake
04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Padres Win 6-3! Good Clutch two out screamers by E. Cabrera with Chirs Young pitching and getting his pop-ups adds up to a SD win. A-gon goes deep again and Bell puts the nail in the coffin. This is the first of hopefully many more to come. Go Padres!

JCDavey
04-07-2010, 07:52 PM
so they put cabrera at the top of the lineup tonight

leadoff strikout haha

Chiprocks1
04-07-2010, 08:08 PM
Deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep! Scottie jacks a 3 run blast!!!

rjb1816
04-07-2010, 08:25 PM
hairston needs to start and he needs to bat higher

Chiprocks1
04-07-2010, 10:16 PM
Sheesh. Kyle Blanks + 4 strike outs = :nono:

ill08
04-07-2010, 11:22 PM
***Under New Management*** front office is just clearing the way for a competitive 2011/2012 season...

dekkerbasser
04-08-2010, 02:49 AM
1 and 2 so far but we look decent (for a team that has only played 3 games lol)

Bolt Cola
04-08-2010, 08:33 AM
They give you just a taste of baseball and then take a day off to fly to Colorado...Got bit by the long ball last night...won't happen like that in Petco, but in order for our speed to give us an advantage, people need to get on base.

Chiprocks1
04-08-2010, 08:36 AM
I say put Tony Gwynn back into the leadoff spot. Everth Cabrera is better suited in the bottom half of the order IMO.

But then again, I'm all for getting Scott Hairston in the line up as many times as possible.

What to do? What to do?

Satcong_21
04-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Sheesh. Kyle Blanks + 4 strike outs = :nono:

Kyle Blanks + strikeouts + some monster homeruns = Rob Deer....Hmm, I wonder if anyone still remember him...

Padres 2010 = Same crap, different year...

What, are we looking for a 30 games out of first place and then putting a small "exciting baseball" winning streak when it was well over near end of the season?

Chiprocks1
04-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Kyle Blanks + strikeouts + some monster homeruns = Rob Deer....Hmm, I wonder if anyone still remember him...

I remember him. Not only that, but he was in the cabana next to ours out at the Hard Rock Casino in Vegas. This was maybe a couple years after he left the Padres.

promiseland
04-08-2010, 12:28 PM
How many Home Runs are we gonna give up in Colorado?? Padre pitchers have gotta keep the ball down. Soooo!! Insert Hairston he hits a 3-run bomb!! lol And JR deserves to start over him????

dekkerbasser
04-08-2010, 12:30 PM
How many Home Runs are we gonna give up in Colorado?? Padre pitchers have gotta keep the ball down. Soooo!! Insert Hairston he hits a 3-run bomb!! lol And JR deserves to start over him????

It is somewhat disturbing to see some of our best pitchers throw so high...

RandomTask
04-08-2010, 02:45 PM
I say put Tony Gwynn back into the leadoff spot. Everth Cabrera is better suited in the bottom half of the order IMO.

But then again, I'm all for getting Scott Hairston in the line up as many times as possible.

What to do? What to do?

I think WHEN Adrian Gonzalez is traded this will give at bats for both Hairston and Gwynn Jr.

Chiprocks1
04-08-2010, 02:47 PM
I think WHEN Adrian Gonzalez is not traded this will affect the at bats for both Hairston and Gwynn Jr.

Fixed for ya. :)

ill08
04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Bell, Young, and Gonzo will be traded away before May is over...

SP17BOLT
04-08-2010, 10:21 PM

That'd suck big time

Bolt Cola
04-09-2010, 08:57 AM
If it didn't happen before the season it likely won't happen until near the trade deadline, other teams will be willing to give up more if they truly think they are contenders. The only one I could see being moved earlier is Bell because of the extreme need for closers throughout the league, but hopefully when the time comes We will be contenders and keep our own around for a Playoff push.

RandomTask
04-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Fixed for ya. :)

I really and truly hope you are right.

Bolt Cola
04-09-2010, 01:05 PM
Chris Young scratched from the Start on Monday for the Home Opener with Shoulder soreness...not good...Kevin Correia will start in his place

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-09-2010, 05:00 PM
Come on CY, we need a healthy you to contend!!! Rough game today, was at school, but the box score said it all, we were 2-hit and gave up 7 runs, hopefully we can turn it around tomrrow!!!

sdadc
04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
sigh* another long season?

nmboltsfan
04-09-2010, 11:05 PM
I must say, I'm very pleased with SD's performance. :D

promiseland
04-10-2010, 01:45 AM
2 HITS!!!! 2 HITS!!!! IN COLORADO!!! Bud Black needs to start doing some managing and he can start by telling all these guys all to relax, there all pressing big time. Also, he needs to chose a lead-off hitter, Weather it be Cabrera or Jr and stick with that guy. They seem to have gotten away from playing small ball, I don't think I've seen a bunt yet. They hit a bunch of HR's during ST and a few in Arizona and now they all wanna swing for the fences. Put Blanks somewhere else in the line-up, he's not ready to back up Adrian yet let Hairston assume that role.

SP17BOLT
04-10-2010, 02:12 AM
We got completely killed

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-10-2010, 02:57 PM
damn! we got beaaten down yesterday! hopefully latos will become an ace ASAP.

sdadc
04-10-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow, these first two innings are horrible -__________- Gwynn picked off, Headly called out at 2nd then the at bat right after Venable out on a good play by Tulowitzki D:

rjb1816
04-10-2010, 09:53 PM
damn venable...9 guys left on base. are you serious? and blanks...you need to take a seat pal

nmboltsfan
04-10-2010, 10:26 PM
Now this is a more intriguing game.

Bolt Cola
04-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Suck it Rockies!!!

nmboltsfan
04-10-2010, 10:42 PM
Ugh.

10 chars.

Bolt Cola
04-10-2010, 10:48 PM
The best #21 in SD to close it out

nmboltsfan
04-10-2010, 10:50 PM
The Rockies are really gonna have to step it up if my signature prediction is to come true. Yall outplayed us tonight. But you won't tomorrow. :)

LancerD25
04-10-2010, 11:20 PM
The Rockies are really gonna have to step it up if my signature prediction is to come true. Yall outplayed us tonight. But you won't tomorrow. :)

you make it seem like were playing in the NLCS the season isnt even in a week old yet.

JCDavey
04-10-2010, 11:27 PM
padres already having run scoring issues , and they haven't even gotten to petco lol

man i have a bad feeling

maybe we'll finally get that no hitter though

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-11-2010, 07:50 AM
Let's hope garland is better this time out!

JCDavey
04-11-2010, 08:24 AM
Let's hope garland is better this time out!

well he only gave up 2 er the first time

that isn't bad

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-11-2010, 08:34 AM
well he only gave up 2 er the first time

that isn't bad

I mean, I hope he lasts more than 4 innings, he wasn't too imressive on opening day.

Chiprocks1
04-11-2010, 06:09 PM
My hope is that we can get things started in a positive way for the Padres at home, in the friendly confines of Petco Park. :)

...or not so friendly confines, when it relates to the opposing team.

sdadc
04-11-2010, 06:29 PM
It's funny how we're supposed to be playing small ball. We go to Arizona for our first series and it seems like our offense is all power.. Then we get to Colorado of all places and we can't hit the ball out of the ball park. We try to play small ball but our hitters are no control (displayed by the high amount of strike outs) Bud needs to set a line up and stick to a game plan cause our hitting looks worse than last year (except for Headley)

First two series:
1-2
1-2

It's not too horrible considering the Rockies have been owning us the last couple of years. I still have faith even though the start was rough. I think all we need is to get into the feel of the season and we'll get on a roll.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-11-2010, 06:58 PM
ehhh...hopefully our pitchers will do better at our "extreme" pitchers park

Chiprocks1
04-11-2010, 07:37 PM
What's the status of Chris Young? How long is he going to be pushed back due to "stiffness"?

Charger Dodger
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
well folks, looks like we are starting out in last place. Can't believe those shmucks in SF are 1st place. Makes me sick to my stomach

guerro619
04-12-2010, 10:54 AM
SF has some very nice pitchers. My Pads are still a very young team. Let's get em started with a W in our home turf. Hahaha the Dodgers suck. :D

Chiprocks1
04-12-2010, 11:03 AM
Hahaha the Dodgers suck. :D

I concur. :)

Charger Dodger
04-12-2010, 12:04 PM
SF has some very nice pitchers. My Pads are still a very young team. Let's get em started with a W in our home turf. Hahaha the Dodgers suck. :D

Hmmmm, mediocre at best. Cain and Lincecum can only do so much for the team. Good luck with starting hot and finishing last.

p.s. Who went to the playoffs last year? JUST SAYING! :p

RandomTask
04-12-2010, 12:29 PM
Hmmmm, mediocre at best. Cain and Lincecum can only do so much for the team. Good luck with starting hot and finishing last.

Who hasn't gone to the World Series in 22 years despite having the largest payroll in the NL West? JUST SAYING! :P

sdadc
04-12-2010, 01:28 PM

Mediocre at best? Their pitching staff is amazing (hard to say, but it's the truth) The dodgers suck!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 05:04 PM
sweet! venable got a triple!

JCDavey
04-12-2010, 05:55 PM
padres beating jurrjens to death, the braves best pitcher...nice!

padres scoring runs in petco...amazing...keep it up!

JCDavey
04-12-2010, 06:07 PM
venable is one double away from being the first padre to ever hit for the cycle, and we're still in the 4th inning! amazing

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Damn! I stopped watching with it 0-1. Wow! Now its 0-11!! Were killing em, and @ petco! What an opening day! we can't possibly blow this lead!

guerro619
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM

That was just awefull Dodger. Tyical LA fans. ;)

Chiprocks1
04-12-2010, 06:17 PM
10 Spot baby!

guerro619
04-12-2010, 06:19 PM
venable is one double away from being the first padre to ever hit for the cycle, and we're still in the 4th inning! amazing

Dude. You're not supposed to bring that up!!!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 06:27 PM
3-run shot by blanks!!!!

Chiprocks1
04-12-2010, 06:28 PM
Kyle Blanks goes deep for a 3 run blast. Woot woot.

promiseland
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Somebody call 911!! The Padres are killing the Braves!!!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 06:31 PM
Just realized that correia has 1-hit the braves so far....

guerro619
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Let's go Pads!!!

Chiprocks1
04-12-2010, 07:13 PM
All Kyle Blanks needs now is a Triple for the cycle! Get it done!

JCDavey
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
padres opened this season with a 6 game road trip scoring a total of 19 runs

they have 17 runs today in petco

what the hell?

dekkerbasser
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
This is awesome yet confusing...

Chiprocks1
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM
padres opened this season with a 6 game road trip scoring a total of 19 runs

they have 17 runs today in petco

what the hell?

I just knew as I said before, that the Padres just needed to get home and the rust would come off.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 07:36 PM
Wouldn't it be sweet to have blanks AND venable hit a cycle!!!

Chiprocks1
04-12-2010, 07:39 PM
Kyle's shot at a cycle is over. Bah.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 07:42 PM
nice, russell struck out heyward!

promiseland
04-12-2010, 07:46 PM
The Brave staff ERA is gonna take a big hit today

dekkerbasser
04-12-2010, 07:51 PM
Wow. What a game. Wish I was there.

I'm going to the game on the 21st...

SP17BOLT
04-12-2010, 09:23 PM
Great home opener game for the Padres

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-12-2010, 09:26 PM
maybe we'll actually get a mention on espn tomorrow!!! I'm definately impressed with correia this time around! And our relief was pretty solid as well!

21and500
04-12-2010, 11:40 PM
my chick and I were there today, it was a dream come true, exectly what we needed.

on top of that, having Rivers throw the first pitch was a pleasent suprise... or charm?

Rivers (number 17)..we scored 17, gave up 2...

2... losses.. 17 wins... OUR charger record next year???

thats 19 games, with a bye week on wildcard weekend...

thats a SUPERBOWL game...victory???

hmmmm...

???

JK, thats silly, but SOME people like to read into those kinds of things. haha. :)

sdadc
04-12-2010, 11:41 PM
my chick and I were there today, it was a dream come true, exectly what we needed.

on top of that, having Rivers throw the first pitch was a pleasent suprise... or charm?

hmmmm...

???

JK, thats silly, but SOME people like to read into those kinds of things. haha. :)

You're a genius!
i like to read into those kinds of things hahaha

Jay21
04-13-2010, 12:58 AM

hmmmm...

???

That's awesome :D

I'm jealous that you got to go. That must have been a hell of a game

21and500
04-13-2010, 02:02 AM
That's awesome :D

I'm jealous that you got to go. That must have been a hell of a game

ya it was that kind of game both the team AND fans needed. a TRUE team win.

Boltfan7998
04-13-2010, 08:34 AM
Rivers threw out the first pitch?! That's awesome! We killed the Braves! WHat a great way to open the season at home :LightsOut:

Chiprocks1
04-13-2010, 08:49 AM
The fact that we have a day off today after our Home opener is lame. :mad:

dekkerbasser
04-13-2010, 09:13 AM

Yeah, what's up with that!?

rjb1816
04-13-2010, 09:29 AM

we've played 6 of 7 days...need a day off

Chiprocks1
04-13-2010, 09:53 AM
we've played 6 of 7 days...need a day off

No. I disagree with this. They had all winter to rest. I say 162 straight days of Padres ball...and THEN they get a day off before the post season.

Bolt Cola
04-13-2010, 11:07 AM
That game was the first time it was almost like a Charger Game at Petco...so awesome to be there, Rivers paid tribute to Nate with his wide left first pitch, then we went out scored two touchdowns and kicked a field goal to beat the Falc...err Braves 17-2.

promiseland
04-13-2010, 12:27 PM
That game was the first time it was almost like a Charger Game at Petco...so awesome to be there, Rivers paid tribute to Nate with his wide left first pitch, then we went out scored two touchdowns and kicked a field goal to beat the Falc...err Braves 17-2.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!

Chiprocks1
04-14-2010, 08:09 PM
Padres are wearing Camo's on a Wednesday? I thought Camo's were Sunday only. :confused:

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-14-2010, 08:17 PM
Padres are wearing Camo's on a Wednesday? I thought Camo's were Sunday only. :confused:

Isn't it military opening night? BTW-those camo jerseys are sweet!

JCDavey
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
richard tossing a shutout through 5 innings while peavy is getting torn apart by the chicago media

love it!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-14-2010, 09:19 PM
richard tossing a shutout through 5 innings while peavy is getting torn apart by the chicago media

love it!

Haha, as every day passes, it seems we got a better deal! Richard is great and poreda will be good. Peavys got an 8.44 ERA

promiseland
04-14-2010, 10:58 PM
Tony Gwynn Jr and David Eckstien..What do these guys have in common??? THEY STINK!!! Gwynn looks like a deer in the headlights..completely over matched!! Eck is done Im sure we could get 2 guys off Waivers who could play better than these 2 and not cost as much. Oh!! you could add Nick Hundley to those names to

Bolt Cola
04-15-2010, 08:52 AM
Padres can't afford to throw the ball all around the yard, get picked off, not hit fastballs all in the same game and expect to win. Growing Pains. Hopefully Latos will pitch a good game this afternoon and the bats will wake up again.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-15-2010, 02:05 PM
id have hairston jr starting over eck at 2nd
and have hairston starting over TGJ

Bolt Cola
04-15-2010, 02:17 PM
id have hairston jr starting over eck at 2nd
and have hairston starting over TGJ
you'll get half of what you want today

Padres lineup 4/15: Cabrera 6, J. Hairston 4, Gonzalez 3, Blanks 7, Headley 5, Venable 9, Torrealba 2, Gwynn 8, Latos 1.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-15-2010, 02:21 PM
just wondering, who'd you prefer catching, yorvit or nick?

Bolt Cola
04-15-2010, 02:23 PM
just wondering, who'd you prefer catching, yorvit or nick?
nick...only way he'll get better is by playing...yorvit hasn't done anything yet either

Chiprocks1
04-15-2010, 04:37 PM
1984 Throwback uniforms = Awesome!! These should be the everyday uni's IMO. Pretty clever to use the on screen graphics from the same time as well.

Chiprocks1
04-15-2010, 04:41 PM
Throwback game. Braves. Homerun. Must be Dale Murphy...again. :mad:

Chiprocks1
04-15-2010, 05:00 PM
Awesome play by Alan Wiggins to throw out the runner. Hang a star indeed. :)

Chiprocks1
04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
Tony Gwynn Sr. goes deep!

Chiprocks1
04-15-2010, 06:33 PM
Garry Templeton drives in Kurt Bevacqua. Padres coming back, baby!

Bolt Cola
04-15-2010, 10:17 PM
I like the throwbacks Chip...good references...too bad we couldn't have had the real 84 team out there to try and score some effing runs

Chiprocks1
04-15-2010, 10:21 PM
I like the throwbacks Chip...good references...too bad we couldn't have had the real 84 team out there to try and score some effing runs

So much for home field advantage huh? 3 series so far, 1-2 in each of them. Pfftt. :mad:

Jay21
04-15-2010, 10:24 PM

Seriously.

Two straight innings leaving the bases loaded? I thought we were getting better at capitalizing on other teams' mistakes...

Bolt Cola
04-16-2010, 04:02 PM
lineup 4/16: Cabrera 6, Eckstein 4, Gonzalez 3, Headley 5, Venable 9, Blanks 7, S. Hairston 8, Hundley 2, Garland 1.

good move IMO dropping Blanks down and protecting Gonzalez with Headley

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-16-2010, 04:27 PM
lineup 4/16: Cabrera 6, Eckstein 4, Gonzalez 3, Headley 5, Venable 9, Blanks 7, S. Hairston 8, Hundley 2, Garland 1.

let's see how garland does at petco....

SuperMatt
04-16-2010, 04:30 PM

Headley is off to a great start! Blanks and Venable still seem to spin their wheels a bit. I guess that is the price you pay for youth.

Chiprocks1
04-16-2010, 04:35 PM
Touch 'em all!

I can't get that outta my head now.

:nono:

Bolt Cola
04-16-2010, 11:47 PM
Headley with the Walkoff Shot....hell yeah, that is why you never leave a game early...i hope fans that left are kicking themselves right now.

sdadc
04-16-2010, 11:50 PM
Headley with the Walkoff Shot....hell yeah, that is why you never leave a game early...i hope fans that left are kicking themselves right now.

I was watching.. gave up and started playing call of duty, gave that up and started watching the pads again and i came back 2 at bats before Eckstein's game tying double..

Cheers to great timing and a great win

:Cheers:

Chiprocks1
04-17-2010, 12:26 AM
Chase Headley is da Man!!!!!!! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeet!!

21and500
04-17-2010, 01:21 AM

EXACTLY. i was there with my chick, sister and bro-in-law and it was AMAZING. a lot of "fans" were leaving after harriston failed to score the tying run in the bottom of the 8th. all i have to say is thank goodness for eckstein and THAT is what the Dbacks get for walking Gonzo and pitching to Headly. haha!

promiseland
04-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Didnt get to see the game..Damn this Dish network just damn it!!

Chiprocks1
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Nick Hundley goes deep. Padres lead 2-0 over the D-Backs.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-17-2010, 08:10 PM
Rockies P unaldo jimenez just threw a no-no vs the braves. Now us, the mets, and the rays are now the only 3 teams w/o a no-no. Who's our best shot rite now to throw a no-no?

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Wooh! Nice jump by eck and he's got a stolen base!

Chiprocks1
04-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Rockies P unaldo jimenez just threw a no-no vs the braves. Now us, the mets, and the rays are now the only 3 teams w/o a no-no. Who's our best shot rite now to throw a no-no?

It was Chris Young. Now it's the bat boy that doesn't know where the helmet rack is.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-17-2010, 08:17 PM
It was Chris Young. Now it's the bat boy that doesn't know where the helmet rack is.

ya, I'd say Chris young, but he'd probaly get hurt right before that start! Bases loaded now!

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-17-2010, 08:20 PM
Damn! What's our problem? We leave the bases loaded TWICE! Hopefully we can hold this lead.

Chiprocks1
04-17-2010, 08:33 PM
Great job by Correia. Hopefully the bullpen can save it here in the 6th and get out of the jam.

Chiprocks1
04-17-2010, 09:45 PM
Jerry Hairston has been making high lite reel plays left and right this week at both short stop and 2nd base. He is on fire!! Padres win 5-0.

Bolt Cola
04-17-2010, 11:42 PM
Great way to end the game and preserve the shutout. I was sitting in left field, and when I saw Headley tip it, i thought for sure it would score a run, then Jerry made a great adjustment. Correia pitched great, our bullpen is still on fire, and Hundley had an awesome night at the plate. Hope we sweep the Dbags tomorrow.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-18-2010, 09:40 AM
Great way to end the game and preserve the shutout. I was sitting in left field, and when I saw Headley tip it, i thought for sure it would score a run, then Jerry made a great adjustment. Correia pitched great, our bullpen is still on fire, and Hundley had an awesome night at the plate. Hope we sweep the Dbags tomorrow.

yup, hairston (jr) made some great plays! now wonder the yankees wanted him last summer, the guy can play every position!

Chiprocks1
04-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Clutch hit by Chase Headley as he circles the bases. He's gonna be out of breath for a few days. :LightsOut:

Padres take the lead 5-2.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-18-2010, 06:08 PM
Sweep! I've been waiting forever for a sweep! Great way to end the series, hopefully we can keep this momentum going!

SD Snake
04-18-2010, 07:45 PM
Padres are hot hot hot! I love seeing Headley burn teams after Gonzalez gets walked..

Dick Enberg is just terrible, "Touch em all! oh no no no."

sdadc
04-18-2010, 07:50 PM
Let's sweep the Giants as well! We're lucky we don't face Lincecum

Quick Stat: The padres currently have the 4th lowest team ERA in the MLB

TrabucoWR
04-18-2010, 11:53 PM
Padres are hot hot hot! I love seeing Headley burn teams after Gonzalez gets walked..

Dick Enberg is just terrible, "Touch em all! oh no no no."

What are you talking about, Headley did touch em all!

Cut him some slack, all announcers mess up once in a while. Enberg is a great announcer, he's been doing it for decades. He's also called a bunch of Charger games too when he was with CBS, I've always liked him.

Bolt Cola
04-19-2010, 09:16 AM
I didn't catch the game yesterday, but great to see that they swept the Dbags out of SD. We face Cain tonight, and we have had some good success against him.

promiseland
04-19-2010, 12:06 PM
If it were up to a lot Padre fans they'd rather have Matt Vasgergian or that other guy back:rolleyes:. Let Dick settle in, he's gonna be great!!

Bolt Cola
04-19-2010, 12:43 PM
If it were up to a lot Padre fans they'd rather have Matt Vasgergian or that other guy back:rolleyes:. Let Dick settle in, he's gonna be great!!
Matty V was amazing, and got rewarded with the MLB Net gig....Mark Neely is still with Ch 4 in a reduced role...Dick used to be great...but his complete fumbling over our own players names, and celebrating the other teams good play is certainly annoying...He is the announcer for the Padres, it is not a national broadcast where he should be unbiased. I like him a lot better calling other sports even though Baseball is apparently where he got his start. It seems to have passed him by. Ohhhh My!!:crazy:

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Matty V was amazing, and got rewarded with the MLB Net gig....Mark Neely is still with Ch 4 in a reduced role...Dick used to be great...but his complete fumbling over our own players names, and celebrating the other teams good play is certainly annoying...He is the announcer for the Padres, it is not a national broadcast where he should be unbiased. I like him a lot better calling other sports even though Baseball is apparently where he got his start. It seems to have passed him by. Ohhhh My!!:crazy:

yup, matty v was def. my fav announcer, as for enberg, i dont think he's done baseball in a while, he seemed to make a lot of errors, give him some time.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-19-2010, 05:02 PM
damn! we face jonathan sanchez tomorrow! hopefully his no-no was a fluke!

Jay21
04-19-2010, 06:48 PM
damn! we face jonathan sanchez tomorrow! hopefully his no-no was a fluke!

Oh crap... can we ask for Lincecum instead?

Bolt Cola
04-19-2010, 07:30 PM
lineup 4/19: Cabrera 6, Eckstein 4, Gonzalez 3, Headley 5, Blanks 7, Venable 9, S. Hairston 8, Torrealba 2, Richard 1.

Go Padres!!!

Chiprocks1
04-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Awesome play by Eck!!!!! :LightsOut:

Chiprocks1
04-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Ugh. Is it possible for Heath to throw an even fatter pitch than that? :mad:

Chiprocks1
04-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Padres win, baby! How does Eck of all players hit a monster home run to win the game? Yes, I consider that to be a monster HR for him.

Jay21
04-19-2010, 11:01 PM
Awesome play by Eck!!!!! :LightsOut:

I'll say! Eck in the clutch :cool:

Tycebrew
04-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Padres win, baby! How does Eck of all players hit a monster home run to win the game? Yes, I consider that to be a monster HR for him.

HAHAHA... take that Dodger fans!

Bolt Cola
04-19-2010, 11:05 PM
Hell 2 the Yeah!!!! 4 In a Row. Eckstein with the walkoff shot FTW!!!!