PDA

View Full Version : Gonzo anyone??

21and500
04-17-2010, 01:23 AM
anyone worried about Adrian Gonzalez's production?? i dont know his numbers off the top of my head but he's in SOME slump. whats going on??

dekkerbasser
04-17-2010, 03:35 AM
anyone worried about Adrian Gonzalez's production?? i dont know his numbers off the top of my head but he's in SOME slump. whats going on??

He's been slow on the fastball. Doesnt matter, though, he'll be gone soon...

sdadc
04-17-2010, 11:46 AM
He has a .489 on base percentage.. only 2 HR's and a good BA still. The .489 OBP is great, i'm not complaining.

promiseland
04-17-2010, 01:12 PM
I think the inevitable trade Is weighing on Gonzo's mind. I was against trading him, but the Pads aren't going anywhere anytime soon. They better get a legit No1 starter and an CF who can hit the damn ball for him at the very least

TrabucoWR
04-18-2010, 11:46 PM
I don't see the point in trading him. They finally have a guy they can build the franchise around and they won't show some balls and lock the guy up long term. It's the same thing that happened with Jake Peavy. They need to start spending some money NOW. Maybe AJ can start pulling double duty and make the Padres competitive.

Bolt Cola
04-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Adrian is hitting .341, an OBP of .500, and slugging .585 to go along with being walked 12 times in 12 games. He can't hit more HRs, if they never pitch to him, and with Headley tearing it up batting right behind him he might starting getting some better pitches.

SuperMatt
04-19-2010, 04:33 PM
Honestly, I don't worry about Gonzo. He goes through slumps, just like everyone else, but when the money is on the table, he always seems to cash in.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
I don't see the point in trading him. They finally have a guy they can build the franchise around and they won't show some balls and lock the guy up long term. It's the same thing that happened with Jake Peavy. They need to start spending some money NOW. Maybe AJ can start pulling double duty and make the Padres competitive.

they signed peavy to a large contract to keep hm, but ended up not wanting to pay him and we traded him....

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-19-2010, 04:41 PM
if were in contention in july (which i hope) then gonzo is here, if not:
orioles-would be sweet to get matusz!
mariners-ackley would be nice, but i want antonelli at 2nd
red sox-ive heard about ellsbury & bucholz
white sox-dan hudson,jared mitchell

RandomTask
04-19-2010, 05:19 PM
they signed peavy to a large contract to keep hm, but ended up not wanting to pay him and we traded him....

Keep in mind that was BEFORE (or during) John Moores decided to play doctor with the gynocologist...

v-jaxdabeast
04-19-2010, 05:22 PM
ya, i hope he gets traded to a team w/ a hitter friendly ballpark because hes on my fantasy team. in yankee stadium, hed have 50 HRs because if he can hit 40 HRs in Petco, he can definetly hit at least 50 in yankee stadium (not saying he goes there, just giving an example of a hitter friendly park)

SP17BOLT
04-19-2010, 05:58 PM
I'm not worried about him.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.friarhood.com/2010-season/233-padres-winning-ways-put-a-stop-to-trade-talks.html

SD Snake
04-22-2010, 09:24 PM
ya, i hope he gets traded to a team w/ a hitter friendly ballpark because hes on my fantasy team. in yankee stadium, hed have 50 HRs because if he can hit 40 HRs in Petco, he can definetly hit at least 50 in yankee stadium (not saying he goes there, just giving an example of a hitter friendly park)
So let me get this straight. You want your favorite teams best player to get traded(I'm assuming you are a padre fan) just for your fantasy team? That is pretty bogus, sir.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-22-2010, 09:36 PM

just curious, are the friars your favorite team?

v-jaxdabeast
04-22-2010, 09:42 PM
So let me get this straight. You want your favorite teams best player to get traded(I'm assuming you are a padre fan) just for your fantasy team? That is pretty bogus, sir.

oh sorry, i forgot to mention that im not a padres fan, but not a fan of any team really. i just follow the mlb

SD Snake
04-22-2010, 10:18 PM
oh sorry, i forgot to mention that im not a padres fan, but not a fan of any team really. i just follow the mlb
That explains it. Fantasy sports ruin the enjoyment of real sports IMO.

21and500
04-23-2010, 08:28 PM
well after his grandslam im feeling better hahaha

LA lost AGAIN.

RandomTask
04-24-2010, 11:21 AM
When are they going to trade that bum? Another home run!

dekkerbasser
04-24-2010, 11:27 AM
When are they going to trade that bum? Another home run!

I dont think we're gonna trade him if the team is still doing well next month.

RandomTask
04-24-2010, 05:04 PM
I dont think we're gonna trade him if the team is still doing well next month.

Tongue firmly planted in cheek. I still think a deal is made by the July trade deadline regardless of record.

dekkerbasser
04-24-2010, 05:09 PM
Tongue firmly planted in cheek. I still think a deal is made by the July trade deadline regardless of record.

I think if we are going to trade him, it'll be well before the deadline.

But I think that if we are doing well, then it will be proven that we can build around somebody like Gonzo.

sdadc
04-24-2010, 05:15 PM
We need to start thinking about keeping Adrian and trading for someone to help the padres lineup out in case this team is actually already ready for contention. I'm sure Wade Leblanc and Tim Stauffer can open up a trade to bring a bat here. They're opening everyone's eyes lately.