PDA

View Full Version : jason campbell to oakland.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-24-2010, 11:01 AM
its official, should we be worried?
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817c3dae&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-24-2010, 11:04 AM
multiple sources saying its a done deal. ill post a link.

PDXCharger
04-24-2010, 11:05 AM
Bugger....they just improved the QB position.

Stupid raiders have had a good draft, especially with this pick. I hope they gave up too much.

BoltWolf
04-24-2010, 11:06 AM
I heard the same thing. Big Ben would have been a bigger pickup. J. Campbell is mediocre to good on DC team. Gonna spend a lot of time running. But at least he isn't big as a Olineman.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-24-2010, 11:08 AM
so now what happens to JaFatass?

PDXCharger
04-24-2010, 11:10 AM
JFat....official food taster for the Oak Faiders.

BoltWolf
04-24-2010, 11:14 AM
Jets should get him for that. In case Cro complains!JFat....official food taster for the Oak Faiders.

CanadianBoltFan
04-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Raiders have had a good weekend. More solid drafting by them this year. Getting Bruce Campbell in the 4th was a great pick.

BryanP
04-24-2010, 11:47 AM
NFL link: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817c3dae&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

It's true.

The Oakland Raiders acquired Jason Campbell from the Washington Redskins on Saturday and gave the quarterback a one-year contract extension, NFL Network insider Michael Lombardi reported.

Chargerfreak
04-24-2010, 11:53 AM
I wouldn't be above this list for starting QB's:

31 Jason Campbell
32 JaFat

Campbell sucks.

Chargerfreak
04-24-2010, 11:54 AM
Raiders have had a good weekend. More solid drafting by them this year. Getting Bruce Campbell in the 4th was a great pick.
Kicking it off with McClain was a good start for them.

AJ needs to find a way to steal Morrison away from them. We have a rook RB we need to let loose on this division this year.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-24-2010, 12:20 PM
Kicking it off with McClain was a good start for them.

AJ needs to find a way to steal Morrison away from them. We have a rook RB we need to let loose on this division this year.

Kirk is now with the jags....

Chargerfreak
04-24-2010, 12:22 PM
Kirk is now with the jags.... Thanks.

I figured the faiders would find a way to screw up another corp of players on their team.........

ChargersFan55
04-24-2010, 12:28 PM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817c3dae&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true
I feel sorry for Jason Campbell

NoVA619
04-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Campbell's a "rough" QB since the Redskins are so dysfunctional, and could pay off huge for Oakland if he gets the proper support. He's got great work ethic and character to put up with Snyder and Portis backstabbing him as they did all season, and I hope he sticks it to Washington on the field.

Has anyone interrupted Jamungus raiding the buffet to tell him he's lost the starting job??

JerryinCA
04-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Campbell has had a different OC nearly every year and has never had an offense he's been able to get comfortable in. I do think they upgraded the QB position with this trade, now they just have to give him a system he can have a while to be in to thrive instead of making him have to start from scratch every year. I'm not saying he's going to be great but he's a lot better than Jamarcus.

Bolt4Life
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Don't kill me, but I've actually told my buddy who is a Bronco fan that we will sweep the Chiefs, sweep the Broncos, but split the Raiders this year.

Raider Disliker
04-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Don't kill me, but I've actually told my buddy who is a Bronco fan that we will sweep the Chiefs, sweep the Broncos, but split the Raiders this year.

Split with the Raiders? Never!

Oldschoolbolts
04-26-2010, 04:15 PM
I wonder if it was Campbell in the first game of last year if we would have lost?

vkeo
04-26-2010, 08:11 PM
Adam Schefter just reported Jason Taylor will visit the Jets today and they are interested in signing him...

CruX
04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
I wouldn't be too worried but acquiring Campbell definitely helps them. I think they will surprise a lot of folks this year. I think they will finish ahead of both KC and Denver.

RaiderzFanInSD
04-27-2010, 04:09 PM

There really should be nothing to be worried about..atleast this season..we might steal one game from you guys..but unless we have consistancy in the coaching staff going into the 2011 season we will not be a threat..J campbell has seen every kind of playbook their is and If we continuelly change he will not even be worth that 4th round pick we gave up.

bay bolt
04-27-2010, 05:28 PM
saying that campbell is an upgrade for the raiders is like saying that a shack is better than a cardboard box for a house. its true but it still ain't much.

LarryAW
04-28-2010, 12:41 AM

I don't really think so. He will make the Raiders a better team, but they don't have the talent to challenge the Chargers this year. They will probably be a challenge when we play them in Oakland, though. I thought we'd kill them when we opened the season against them last year. Boy, was I wrong. Won't do that again. Gradkowski had his moments. Guess he didn't have enough moments. ;)

I have to give Oakland some credit, though. They haven't been good, but it damn sure isn't because they aren't trying. They just haven't assembled the right pieces yet.

Charger Dodger
04-28-2010, 09:34 AM
There really should be nothing to be worried about..atleast this season..we might steal one game from you guys..but unless we have consistancy in the coaching staff going into the 2011 season we will not be a threat..J campbell has seen every kind of playbook their is and If we continuelly change he will not even be worth that 4th round pick we gave up.

You guys don't have what it takes to beat us this year. Raiders are on rebuilding mode and Chargers are still in the hunt for a SB title. Guaranteed the Ryan Mathews will take over LTs old place in Raider history.

RaiderzFanInSD
04-28-2010, 02:51 PM
You guys don't have what it takes to beat us this year. Raiders are on rebuilding mode and Chargers are still in the hunt for a SB title. Guaranteed the Ryan Mathews will take over LTs old place in Raider history.

Same thing was said on Monday night when JaRuffles completed that amazing pass to Murphy..we were 1 stop away from beating you guys with a tub of lard for Quarterback..now with a QB that will actually compete and a new look Defenselook for us to steal 1 game..because we are not gonna win in SD for the next 2 seasons IMO

(P.S. LT had a personal Vendetta against the Raiders that everytime he stepped on the field against us it was personal even when he was less than 100% he butchered us..asking Ryan Mathews to fill those shoes is alot to ask for..besides he wont be used in a LT 98% carry roll.)

21and500
04-28-2010, 05:19 PM

hey look guys, a sensible raider fan... i thought they went extinct.

Strife9878
04-28-2010, 06:59 PM
Cambell never has had a real chance... constantly changing Offense makes it hard for any QB to be successful. He is an unknown, but a worthwhile gamble for the raiders.

Charger Dodger
04-28-2010, 07:11 PM
Same thing was said on Monday night when JaRuffles completed that amazing pass to Murphy..we were 1 stop away from beating you guys with a tub of lard for Quarterback..now with a QB that will actually compete and a new look Defenselook for us to steal 1 game..because we are not gonna win in SD for the next 2 seasons IMO

(P.S. LT had a personal Vendetta against the Raiders that everytime he stepped on the field against us it was personal even when he was less than 100% he butchered us..asking Ryan Mathews to fill those shoes is alot to ask for..besides he wont be used in a LT 98% carry roll.)

Well welcome to the CMB. I figured you were going to be like a typical Raider fan and start bustin my chops about what I said, but you know what you're talking about. There's one other Raider fan on here like you and his name is Vengeance Inc.

But anyways, about what you said, this maybe true, but it was our offense in general that got the win. Keep in mind, his production last two games with Oakland regardless if it was there or here was mediocre. He's lost a step. Rivers carried the team to victory as well as our D. Now with Matthews carrying the load and guaranteed AJ wants him to fill those shoes to keep on with the wins vs Oak, it's going to be much harder for Raiders to win the game, even with Campbell. Campbell is a short passing QB, despite what you heard about his arm because i've yet to see that when he was in Washington.

Either way, I can't wait until we play again. It's always a good time! :layup

Ironpump
04-29-2010, 01:30 AM
Campbell has had a different OC nearly every year and has never had an offense he's been able to get comfortable in. I do think they upgraded the QB position with this trade, now they just have to give him a system he can have a while to be in to thrive instead of making him have to start from scratch every year. I'm not saying he's going to be great but he's a lot better than Jamarcus.

Campbell is mediocre. He played in the same offense for virtually two years under Zorn. The play calling might have changed but same offense. I've seen that guy take no heat and pass at his receivers feet multiple times a game on 3rd and long. Then he takes heat and its even worse. I don't fear Campbell. I might fear Bush. McFadden is useless. I do admit that Campbell can hit a TE and the Raiders have a good one in Miller. But that is about it. We will sweep them.