PDA

View Full Version : Jamarcus Russell released.

GGP
05-06-2010, 02:03 PM
About darn time. I feel like this a waste of a thread. lol

http://www.mercurynews.com/sports/ci_15032294?nclick_check=1

JoeMcRugby
05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Even Darth Raider wasn't stupid enough to throw another $6 million down the doughnut hole at the end of May. ;)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5168757

RaiderzFanInSD
05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
<b> <big> PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CRYING FOR JOY RIGHTR NOW ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY

SDBoltLvr
05-06-2010, 02:15 PM
<b> <big> PARTY TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM CRYING FOR JOY RIGHTR NOW ITS NOT EVEN FUNNY

So is Ryan Leaf.

Jesse21SD
05-06-2010, 02:16 PM
Can he play OT?

charger1_sj
05-06-2010, 02:19 PM
There must be something seriously wrong with Al Davis. I mean first they get a decent draft and then this.

RaiderzFanInSD
05-06-2010, 02:23 PM
YouTube- The pointer sisters - I'm so excited

Charger Dodger
05-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Well this only makes Al look bad. You would think to salvage whatever reputation you have by trying to keep the player that's about to bust for one more to see if he can prove himself and save face for Al and himelf, but apparently not.

This goes to show, not only is Jamarcus a bust, so is Al.

X47
05-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey Jamarcus, i heard the local burger king is hiring. You might want to look into that. All jokes aside though, give him 3-5 years and he will be bankrupt.

hankster
05-06-2010, 02:46 PM
JaMarcus has been cut.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13355957/raiders-admit-epic-bust-release-07-no-1-overall-pick-russell?tag=breakingNewsContent;breakingNewsHolder

Is Ryan Leaf still the biggest bust? Imo JaDumba** is now the biggest bust and we've lifted that dishonorable mention from the Chargers. Interesting that Davis fired Kiffin because he didn't like Russell.

DutchCheddar
05-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Sign him!!!!!

Strife9878
05-06-2010, 02:49 PM
NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

This guy probably completed the 3rd most passes to chargers in each of the years he was here! Second in some!

The-Beast
05-06-2010, 02:52 PM
Ryan is still a bigger bust.

1st, 1st, 2nd, Probowler

brimsalabim
05-06-2010, 02:54 PM
JaMarcus has been cut.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/13355957/raiders-admit-epic-bust-release-07-no-1-overall-pick-russell?tag=breakingNewsContent;breakingNewsHolder

Is Ryan Leaf still the biggest bust? Imo JaDumba** is now the biggest bust and we've lifted that dishonorable mention from the Chargers. Interesting that Davis fired Kiffin because he didn't like Russell. There is no debating that he has the biggest busts...

GGP
05-06-2010, 03:05 PM
YouTube- The pointer sisters - I'm so excited (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rQqwG_rQx7A)

hahahaha!!!

bgmacn2002
05-06-2010, 03:13 PM
Another different look from the faiders.. Whats the team going to be like now?

SactownBolts
05-06-2010, 03:14 PM
Noooooooo!!!!!! Not our best player on the raiders!!!!!!!!!!

GGP
05-06-2010, 03:16 PM
if i was a raider fan...

YouTube- Wham! - Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go

GGP
05-06-2010, 03:17 PM
and maybe some JoJo...

YouTube- JoJo - Leave, Get Out (Official Music Video) + Lyrics

DutchCheddar
05-06-2010, 03:22 PM
Campbell wasn't a world beater in Washington, and he'll be even less of one in Oakland.

They'll be solid on defense... for as long as the defenders can put up with carrying the team on it's back... they should have a decent running game. Assuming they can block for their backs; say what you want, but, Bush, Vargas and McF are pretty talented... I just don't see how sucessful they'll be throwing the ball.

tjans
05-06-2010, 03:29 PM
This is terrible news. I liked him as a raider. I thought he was great for them.

Bummer.

:(

JoeMcRugby
05-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Campbell wasn't a world beater in Washington, and he'll be even less of one in Oakland.

They'll be solid on defense... for as long as the defenders can put up with carrying the team on it's back... they should have a decent running game. Assuming they can block for their backs; say what you want, but, Bush, Vargas and McF are pretty talented... I just don't see how sucessful they'll be throwing the ball.

Fargas has been released - McFadden is on the verge of full on bust material.

The Raiders offense will be improved - I just don't expect all that much of an improvement given that Campbell is an ordinary check-down passer at best and their run game is OK.

They still need big help on both sides of the line.

renojim
05-06-2010, 03:36 PM
There must be something seriously wrong with Al Davis. I mean first they get a decent draft and then this.

I posted about the same thing in another thread. Things seem different I'm wondering if Uncle Al is listening to some people. I'm not going to say the Raiders had a good draft I'll call it a different draft -Drafts cant be judged until a couple years later in my opinion-. Cutting Russell loose, the fact that Cable still has his job is one that sticks out the most with me. Cable may not have his job a year or two from now but he has it now. I wonder if maybe some people declined to even interview for the position and that woke Al up. Something is up but they still need to fix a lot of things.

Boltzfan88
05-06-2010, 04:51 PM
Wow this is terrible news for the Chargers. Perhaps the worst news since they draft Leaf...

ReppinMoose
05-06-2010, 05:38 PM
Dammit! I really liked him

RCCthatsme
05-06-2010, 05:52 PM
Truly sad news. This guy was meant to be a Raider for life. Raider fans deserved him and vice versa.

3 Lombardis
05-06-2010, 06:13 PM
I believe he has a future with y'all
:)

Oside89
05-06-2010, 07:10 PM
Damn first the Donks get rid of our 2 sure wins when they dump cuddles now the Faiders are rid of Jabba. The Chargers might have to play a little harder this year.

JOE KING
05-06-2010, 07:20 PM
I'm actually sorry to see him go. It was comforting knowing that he would be starting against us.

This guy has made more in 3 years than the entire Chargers messageboard has. Unbelievable.

RathMan1990
05-06-2010, 07:33 PM
Haha Jamarcus FAIL, RAIDERS FAIL EVERY YEAR!

BoltBacker4Life
05-06-2010, 07:41 PM
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/wysiwyg/image/012307kiffin180.jpg

chargertom
05-06-2010, 08:00 PM

He's too slow to be handing out the quality H20 for the Bolts.

Sproles
05-06-2010, 10:03 PM
Perhaps Al will bring him back as their Conditioning Coach.

05-07-2010, 05:19 AM
DANGIT!!! This is the worst news!! I guess he can only afford a dollar menu at McDonald.

But seriously, I loved it when he was in Raiders... now AFC West is making my knees shake a little bit :(

Stone85
05-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Send him to the ...Reds?

joshie4
05-07-2010, 06:43 AM
I honestly feel sorry for the guy lol. I think i'm too sympathetic. Always had that problem. He's never done anything terrible as far as i'm aware not like the stories i've heard about Leaf anyway. Can't even make the cut on the Raiders.

I am still not worried about the Raiders though. However as CTom said one day the law of averages will catch up with us. Their bound to win one sooner than later.

Also i don't have the hatred towards the Raiders since i don't live in Cali. I hate the donks tho hahahaha.

Raider Disliker
05-07-2010, 11:26 AM
I honestly feel sorry for the guy lol. I think i'm too sympathetic. Always had that problem. He's never done anything terrible as far as i'm aware not like the stories i've heard about Leaf anyway. Can't even make the cut on the Raiders.

I am still not worried about the Raiders though. However as CTom said one day the law of averages will catch up with us. Their bound to win one sooner than later.

Also i don't have the hatred towards the Raiders since i don't live in Cali. I hate the donks tho hahahaha.

Hatred towards the Raiders is vital for historical reasons. Goes back to the AFL days. Al Davis apparently took a real dislike to the Chargers because Sid Gillman wouldn't lend him a kicking tee (things were a bit low-budget in those days). I spent 4 years in college at U.C. Berkeley, just North of Oakland, and actually lived in Oakland for a couple of years. This was in the late 70's / early 80's. I quite had my fill of the Raiders in those years. The "Holy Roller" play occurred just before I left Southern California for school, in September, 1978.
Hatred for the Broncos is also vital for historical reasons. Also, their fans tend to be beer-swilling fools.
For some reason I can't fathom, I really hate the Kansas City Chiefs. My hatred is puzzling, as I generally like cities, towns, and people in the Mid-West. Could be genetic: I had a grandfather who was a successful bootlegger there, until the local mob invited him to stop (he took the invitation, and lived another 50 years).

NoVA619
05-07-2010, 11:31 AM
He was a Leaf-clone; an immature idiot signed to a massive contract that did nothing for his organization, except terrorizing Oakland dinner buffets. Al Davis should have regulated him to passing out game programs at the gate, but that required him to actually work and Cable knows he would've fumbled those hand-offs.

I only hope the Donkeys or Jets sign him as their back-up.

recruz
05-07-2010, 02:59 PM
Hatred towards the Raiders is vital for historical reasons. Goes back to the AFL days. Al Davis apparently took a real dislike to the Chargers because Sid Gillman wouldn't lend him a kicking tee (things were a bit low-budget in those days). I spent 4 years in college at U.C. Berkeley, just North of Oakland, and actually lived in Oakland for a couple of years. This was in the late 70's / early 80's. I quite had my fill of the Raiders in those years. The "Holy Roller" play occurred just before I left Southern California for school, in September, 1978.
Hatred for the Broncos is also vital for historical reasons. Also, their fans tend to be beer-swilling fools.
For some reason I can't fathom, I really hate the Kansas City Chiefs. My hatred is puzzling, as I generally like cities, towns, and people in the Mid-West. Could be genetic: I had a grandfather who was a successful bootlegger there, until the local mob invited him to stop (he took the invitation, and lived another 50 years).

Those all sound like great reasons to be a Charger fan! It's fun isn't it? I already miss LT ...

recruz
05-07-2010, 03:10 PM
I don't know why any of you Chargers fans wanted to have him kicked off the Raiders ... he was a god-send! I loved Jamarcus Russell! When I was watching Raider games, I was counting the mistakes!

Overthrow here, underthrown there, not thrown at all, poor decision; and then it was even more fun when he actually had a decent game, but the receivers dropped the pass and screwed it up for him; it was so much fun!

The Moekid
05-07-2010, 04:13 PM

The Raiders were hateful and hated. They were filled with nasty and dirty players and had our number for many years. They kept us from going to the Super Bowl when we had by far our best chance. In the Fouts years, Al Davis would water the Oakland Coliseum field the night before games against the Chargers to make it soggy and slow down the high powered "o". And, of course, the holy roller play which I witnessed. Of course, there are the uniforms and their fans. It was scary back in the day when the Raiders came to San Diego. Always more fights and a darker atmosphere.

These days its hard to work up more than pity for them altho they are getting stronger.

I've never had the hate for the Chiefs or the Broncos. In fact, the Len Dawson era Chiefs with Otis Taylor, Mike Garrett, Buck Buchanon and Willie Lanier were one of my favorite all time teams. The Chargers were entering their Harland Svare swoon those days and not much to watch.

charger1_sj
05-07-2010, 04:42 PM
Those that do not hate the Raiders have never attended a game at the Q when the Raiders were based in LA. For that matter probably never been up to Oakland to catch the Chargers there either. The history between the two teams is long and for the fans it's been a hateful history on both sides as there has been plenty of fights and blood spilled over the years.

stevge88
05-08-2010, 02:48 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/TSB/Russell_Released.gif

bolthead123
05-09-2010, 09:41 AM
This is bad news. Even when the Chargers underachieved against the Raiders, they could always count on Russel to win the game for them.

This might be the year they finally get a win against us. What sucks is that they will act like they won the superbowl.

I did go to a Raiders game up in Anaheim back in 1989. The fans were extremely mean and the game was secondary to all the fights that kept occurring up in the stands.

RCCthatsme
05-09-2010, 12:33 PM
Counter point - The guy has a cannon, test scored at 24, and is cheap. Sing him to be the #3 and let him work on his game for a couple of years in the background. If he comes about, you move ala whitehurst and get something for this reclamation project.

DGINSD
05-13-2010, 09:00 AM
I was actually looking forward to another season of laughter following Jamarcus' follies. We may have to earn our victories this season.

DGINSD
05-13-2010, 09:07 AM
http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/nursetpd/TSB/Russell_Released.gif

That's hilarious!

vkeo
05-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Listening to Jim Rome earlier this afternoon and he was talking about Russell going down as a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf and got me to think. Who is/was the biggest bust?

Sundiego
05-20-2010, 12:17 PM
Listening to Jim Rome earlier this afternoon and he was talking about Russell going down as a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf and got me to think. Who is/was the biggest bust?

Russel. He got paid A LOT more money. Furthermore Ryan Leaf had massive problems, but he started to turn it around until the injuries. Leaf had some flashes and could at least move his head. Plus no one ever said, like they did with Russel to the effect of: "I don't think he is able to control the velocity of his throws, he throws the same whether it is long or short"

In addition the Chargers never had to cut one side of the field for leaf one year and work on the other part the next year.