PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Hairston

jf3mo
05-09-2010, 02:39 PM
I'm sure he's a great guy living the dream of playing on the same team as his brother, but this guy's been unspectacular to say the least. He hasn't been hitting, and his defense has been spotty (eg, he just cost Heath Bell a save and the potentially a sweep of the Astros). I'm not sure what we would do about SS, though, until we get Cabrera back. Thoughts?

matt3706
05-10-2010, 02:14 PM
I think EC is back this Friday, Jerry is a great util player, he isn't built to be a starter right now though...

RandomTask
05-10-2010, 02:58 PM
I actually like him a little better at 2nd than Eckstein.

MathewsNotMatthews24
05-10-2010, 04:26 PM
i would prefer him to be at 2nd splitting time with eck, and he's more of a utility guy rite now, everth will be back playing SS every day.

jf3mo
05-11-2010, 06:51 PM
I'm not sure if I'd want to reduce the playing time of the only guy who consistently makes contact and doesn't strike out 3 times a game (Eck).

sdadc
05-11-2010, 07:04 PM
Yes, i honestly didn't like Eckstein at the beginning of the year simply because i wanted to make strides towards having no super old players.. but man if we were to be in our best position to contend for the World Series, i'd hope we still had Eckstein. Aside from signing Stairs, J. Hairston was my least liked move by the padres this offseason.. Brothers never work out on the padres.. ever haha we should just stick with Scotty and START HIM EVERYDAY OVER GWYNN/BLANKS

RandomTask
05-11-2010, 10:42 PM
I'm not sure if I'd want to reduce the playing time of the only guy who consistently makes contact and doesn't strike out 3 times a game (Eck).

Just to be clear I like Jerry Hairston better at second in the field. Think he has more range and better arm. At bat no contest give me Eck!

jf3mo
05-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Just to be clear I like Jerry Hairston better at second in the field. Think he has more range and better arm. At bat no contest give me Eck!

Ditto. Although Jerry's stepped up a bit at the plate the last couple of games.

r0j0
05-27-2010, 02:37 AM
Jerry has been our offense the last 2 games haha

SuperMatt
05-27-2010, 11:14 AM
He gets two wins the past two games. Makes him plus-one on the season!