PDA

View Full Version : Gonzalez talks about playing...IN CHICAGO!?!?

MathewsNotMatthews24
09-29-2010, 01:03 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/2752042,CST-SPT-cub28.article

i not even sure why he's even addressing these possibilities right now...he should be focusing on our important series this weekend.

dekkerbasser
09-29-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/cubs/2752042,CST-SPT-cub28.article

i not even sure why he's even addressing these possibilities right now...he should be focusing on our important series this weekend.

Not too happy.....

mikelopez1984
09-29-2010, 01:10 PM
..probably because he can't take playing in looserville anymore???

MathewsNotMatthews24
09-29-2010, 01:12 PM
..probably because he can't take playing in looserville anymore???

but chicago (and their 100+ yr drought) wouldnt be considered loserville? hell, they signed milton bradley to a monster deal!

FanSince67
09-29-2010, 01:24 PM
He is supposed to coming on the radio shortly to talk about this. He said he was misquoted, but it will interesting to see what he says.

Rivers4MVP
09-29-2010, 01:27 PM
Gonzo has always been my favorite player. Saying that, I have gotten sick of his junk lately. Lack of hustle, doesn't care, lack of production, saying stupid stuff like that....just ridiculous. Go ahead and play in Chicago, they are more hopeless than us

FanSince67
09-29-2010, 01:36 PM
He said he went into the interview thinking he was just talking about the current Cub players. He said his answers where "when and if" he becomes a free agent. Said he told the reporter he would take offers from "all teams". He said reporter made it sound like he was interested in the Cubs specifically. He said he has no interest right now in leaving the Padres.

dekkerbasser
09-29-2010, 01:39 PM
He said he went into the interview thinking he was just talking about the current Cub players. He said his answers where "when and if" he becomes a free agent. Said he told the reporter he would take offers from "all teams". He said reporter made it sound like he was interested in the Cubs specifically. He said he has no interest right now in leaving the Padres.

Very nice!

Dago81Sd
09-29-2010, 02:41 PM
The entire piece, maybe he meant nothing by it, but during a series against the Cubs?

Really.

I can't see anyone else benefiting from this than Adrian. Acknowledging him self, bringing light to him or w.e, too the brass in Chicago.

That's fine. Not during a series against the Cubs in a pennet race.

That's great too hear. During a series, having it implied "I wanna play for the cubbies, they're a great team, I'm really interested" ... etc etc...

Comments against a team, your in a middle of a series, losing 2-0.

Screw Adrian. And his comments in the middle of the series. The right thing too do, would keep quiet, focus on the next game ahead, and not make any comments that could cause a distraction. Or an issue to talk about. Is that too much to ask from this guy? Apparently.

It's ok. Not like he is producing jack during this stretch. Mr Irrelevant when it counts. Hundley came up big.

JammerHammer23
09-29-2010, 03:29 PM
Gonzo has always been my favorite player. Saying that, I have gotten sick of his junk lately. Lack of hustle, doesn't care, lack of production, saying stupid stuff like that....just ridiculous. Go ahead and play in Chicago, they are more hopeless than us

Yeah, you should definitely be mad at the one guy who is a spark in your O. :rolleyes:

ScootMagroot
09-29-2010, 07:17 PM
Lol....you expect him to talk about another team....its a cubs reporter...why wouldn't he spin it that way? It's his job. He totally baited him into saying stuff he could spin a certain way.