PDA

View Full Version : OK! Season over! I can't say it's been pleasent!

Dago81Sd
09-30-2010, 07:49 PM
There it is guy! The season is over! I mean hope it was pleasant for you all but for me it wasn't! There are no positives about this season! I don't care about months prior! At the end of the day! The Giants have a better record! It's times like these where you tell a good club! Elite! Or have fight in you!

Can you honestly say, with everything on the line, almost felt like 3 shut outs by the cubs?

Don't get me started with Bell.
Adrian.
Lack of offense by Eck.
Ludwick.
Tejeda.
And Venable.

Season is over! We can't even beat the cubs, and we deserve to be there? Give me a break. This club is pathetic, and how much they are a fluke, showed.

There attitude is amazing.

chargerlew
09-30-2010, 07:59 PM
We are what we are. We would've just been swept again in the playoffs. This team can't score runs, plain and simple. They screwed up the chemistry when they brought in Tejada and Ludwick. Another year of tease and heartache for SD sports fans :/

Rivers4MVP
09-30-2010, 08:00 PM
another choke jobb.....too much of that in san diego.. and the chargers will choke again

CoronaBrian
09-30-2010, 09:30 PM
win 3 and make the playoffs, those are not bad odds!

CoronaBrian
09-30-2010, 09:30 PM
sweep the gnats!!!!

ltinabottle
10-01-2010, 01:09 AM
It will come down to pitching and yes timely hitting.

The Giants pitching staff posted a 1.78 era for the month of September. According ESPN, thats 5th best of all time. Damn...their hot and unless they have a cold spell it will be difficult for the Pads to sweep this weekend.

Looking for miracle...nice try Pads enjoy your fishing.

BoltWolf
10-01-2010, 01:48 AM
I am thinking of switching to rooting for the Pads. I grew up near the Big A so always rooted for the Angels. But I don't really follow baseball so why not keep all my allegiance in SD!

TheHumps
10-01-2010, 01:28 PM
another choke jobb.....too much of that in san diego.. and the chargers will choke again

Same as always - I've seen this movie before!!!!

dekkerbasser
10-01-2010, 01:37 PM
3 games and we're in. I refuse to lose faith!

Bolt Cola
10-01-2010, 02:12 PM
Bell had an amazing year...he gives up 1 run and now you wanna put it all on him? He might make me nervous a lot, but his overall worth speaks volumes for itself. I know one thing though, next year we will not see him and Adrian with the team.

bolt91
10-01-2010, 03:06 PM
Even though I am an Angels fan, I have been rooting for the Pads a bit since the halos were pretty much eliminated. I hope they can sweep the giants and get in to the dance. Dont forget about the Wild card either. Braves have a two game lead over SD but they are playing philly, so them getting swept is not unlikely. Regardless, Go Padres and just beat the Giants

Raider Disliker
10-04-2010, 10:35 AM
Living in Las Vegas, have had the opportunity to attend 2 games at Petco Park, one in May, one on the 3rd of July contra the Astros, enjoyed watching flames shoot out of the centerfield scoreboard as Heath Bell entered to pitch in the 9th. Much of the rest of the schedule was spent watching on the Cox cable channel.
Believe me I was hoping for a Padres' win against the Giants on Sunday. Had there been a 1 game playoff at Petco Park today, I was going to take an emergency vacation day, and drive down for the game. As it turned out, it was the 163rd game of the year, not played.
Eckstein I view as a fine individual. All he does is make amazing plays in the field and get timely hits. The relief staff I have no problem with. Maybe some of the starters could be stronger. It was interesting how Stauffer got converted to an emergency starter late in the season, and did well.
Obviously I would have preferred the playoffs. However, having suffered with this team since 1969, 90-72 is not bad. Not bad, at all.

Charger Dodger
10-04-2010, 01:20 PM
I'd rather have the Pads in it than the Giants. God I hate the Giants.

dekkerbasser
10-04-2010, 01:21 PM
I'd rather have the Pads in it than the Giants. God I hate the Giants.

I cant stand Brian Wilson...

Charger Dodger
10-04-2010, 01:42 PM
I cant stand Brian Wilson...

Me too. He seems like a total D Bag. And the Faux Hawk, so 2008. He looks like an overgrown man child. Grown men should not style their hair like this. He looks like Astro Boy for God sakes. As a matter of fact, men should not style their hair in general unless it was for a special function. Also the guy grows a soul patch because he can't grow a full on man beard. Just saying.

http://a0.vox.com/6a00c2252027bef21900fa9685f7480002-500pi

capnsteve2
10-04-2010, 01:42 PM
Why don't you try posting without so many exclamation points! It gets really annoying to read! Write one or two sentences without them! I mean seriously!

On a serious note, I completely disagree with you. Nothing good about the 2010 season? Come on...how about the excitement of following a team in a pennant race? Would you rather be in the AL West, with Texas running away with it, or would you rather watch three teams lay everything out on the line for weeks? That's good, fun baseball. Just because the Padres did not come out victorious in that particular scenario does not mean that the season was a waste of time. If you honestly believe that, then just go watch the Yankees year after year. Because, that is what they represent.

Adrian = .298 hitter with 30+ HR. Bad season? That's one of his best yet.

Heath Bell = 2nd most saves in the NL, 6-1 record.

How about Tim Stauffer emerging as one of the best starting pitchers down the line, when the Padres needed him the most. Did you see him pitch against SF at AT&T park? Phenomenal.

I will also disagree with you on the point of Tejada. He came in as a veteran presence for our young players, especially the Hispanic ones, who really look up to him. In addition, he came through with a lot of clutch hits and 8 home runs in his short time with us. How is that a bad performance?

I will agree Ludwick did not live up to his full potential. No excuses there.

Bottom line- our team lost. Only 4 move on to the playoffs and someone has to win and someone has to lose. But just because they lost, don't say nothing good came of the season. The Padres kept it exciting for a lot of fans. It's that type of mentality that keeps us at 27,000 in attendance during a freakin' pennant race!

crixus
10-04-2010, 02:43 PM
Too bad Padres, I was rooting for you. Let's hope the Braves roll over the Giants.