PDA

View Full Version : Oakland Blackout - Not just an SD issue....

LordBling
10-07-2010, 04:34 PM
Per CBS rapid reports:

Sunday's home game against San Diego isn't sold out and will be blacked out on local TV. This marks the Raiders' 10th-straight blackout. They haven't avoided a blackout since the 2009 season-opener against San Diego on a Monday night. Raiders RapidReports

dekkerbasser
10-07-2010, 04:35 PM
Per CBS rapid reports:

Sunday's home game against San Diego isn't sold out and will be blacked out on local TV. This marks the Raiders' 10th-straight blackout. They haven't avoided a blackout since the 2009 season-opener against San Diego on a Monday night. Raiders RapidReports

Holy moly!

Rivers4MVP
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
well oakland is one of the worst teams in the NFL every season, not to mention oakland is far less well off financially then the majority of san diego, so the comparison is poor. Us not selling out is pathetic, I wouldn't attend a Raider game either if I was a fan of them, bad city, bad team, bad(psycho fans) and a terrible organization all around, not to mention they cant afford it

Charger Dodger
10-07-2010, 04:37 PM
Local as in SD residents? Whew, thank GOD.

LordBling
10-07-2010, 04:40 PM
well oakland is one of the worst teams in the NFL every season, not to mention oakland is far less well off financially then the majority of san diego, so the comparison is poor.

I think its an apt comparison. Check out this nugget:

The Raiders have 78 blackouts in 122 home games since moving back to Oakland in 1995.

source:

http://www.ibabuzz.com/oaklandraiders/2010/09/30/blackout-streak-reaches-nine/

darth1050
10-07-2010, 04:51 PM

The Raiders have 78 blackouts in 122 home games since moving back to Oakland in 1995.

source:

So is that why faider fans are so arrogant they havent seen how much their team sucks.

LordBling
10-07-2010, 04:55 PM
^ hahahaha! zing!

nmboltsfan
10-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Raiders = Celler dwellers with creeper fans

Chargers = Elite teams with normal fans.

San Diegans probably make at least $50k more per year than Oaklandites (or whatever you'd call them, haha).

Darth wins. :D

EastCountyKevin
10-07-2010, 05:00 PM
LA Raiders?

LordBling
10-07-2010, 05:04 PM
San Diegans probably make at least $50k more per year than Oaklandi****es

I've never made more than $50,000 in a year. But then money never has been the most important thing to me.

mdsd77
10-07-2010, 05:05 PM
I don't know man our fans have seemed to be getting worse as it goes along.

many of them without any class at the games.

yeah I said it, 90% plus agree with me.....

but won't put it in print.

nmboltsfan
10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
I've never made more than $50,000 in a year. But then money never has been the most important thing to me.

And by comparison, Oaklandeņos make $0 or less. :)

Rivers4MVP
10-07-2010, 05:08 PM
our fans have been loud so far this season, just cant sell out the games..

Raider Disliker
10-07-2010, 05:09 PM
well oakland is one of the worst teams in the NFL every season, not to mention oakland is far less well off financially then the majority of san diego, so the comparison is poor. Us not selling out is pathetic, I wouldn't attend a Raider game either if I was a fan of them, bad city, bad team, bad(psycho fans) and a terrible organization all around, not to mention they cant afford it

I know a little bit about Oakland, having lived for a couple of years, and passing through it occasionally on my way to athletic functions at U.C. Berkeley, which is a few miles North of Oakland. While the sectors in the hills would compare favorably to La Jolla, most of the city looks like Baltimore, or Newark. I actually tend to think that very little of the Raider fan base is in Oakland itself; more likely in the suburbs East of Oakland. Those are the folks who can afford (or used to be able to afford) the tickets.
The stadium itself is not a bad one; well served by the nearby airport and the BART (Bay Area Rapid
Transit) system.
With tight money and a poor product on the field, not surprising that the Coliseum is just half-full.

BoltBacker4Life
10-07-2010, 05:16 PM

1. Have you ever been to OAK? How can you say it is a bad city? There are a lot of nice areas in and surrounding OAK.

2. They have a much larger fan base, history, championships, and following than the Chargers

3. Why do you say the fans are bad? Have you ever even been to a game in OAK? I have and I have seen just as many idiots at the Q.

$. Why would you automatically ASSUme that people on OAK can't afford the games yet San Diegans can

mc attack
10-07-2010, 05:19 PM

wait a minute, Obama told us the recovery is well under way!! ***?

mc attack
10-07-2010, 05:21 PM
And by comparison, Oaklandeņos make $0 or less. :)

And they urinate in their back alleys too.......

nmboltsfan
10-07-2010, 05:24 PM
And they urinate in their back alleys too.......

I heard they sell bunnies there. Then eat them.

;)

JerryinCA
10-07-2010, 05:36 PM
I think most raider fans in oakland are probably at the games lol, oakland is a poor area which is funny when you think about how expensive it is to live in SF which is right next door.

bubbavic
10-07-2010, 05:40 PM
I heard they make their kids chew nails instead of bubble gum just to make them tougher.

Satcong_21
10-07-2010, 05:46 PM
In other words, Oakland Raiders sucks and they have tons of fairweather fans...Of course, their home games won't be sold out....

In other hand, SD Chargers, playoff and SB contender for past 4 years, and still have not sold out first two home games? I know the teams we had just faced at home don't have great fanbase but still...

charger1_sj
10-07-2010, 06:13 PM
For the record Alameda County's median household income is larger that San Diego County's household median income. The city of Oakland is located in Alameda Co.
Oakland has some very bad areas and some very good ones. In general people in the city of Oakland don't make as much as those in San Diego. But take in the surrounding areas and it's a different story.

In general the Bay Area is more affluent than Southern CA. Median income is higher, so is the education levels, etc.

Therefore just using the demographics as an excuse it wouldn't fly. Truth is the Raiders are a terrible football team and have been that way for a long time. This is the true reason they don't sell out. Al Davis has pissed off a lot of fans as well. His running the team both on the field and business wise has been terrible. At one time he sold PSLs, then changed that around and we know about how he runs the team.

Lyth
10-07-2010, 07:14 PM
2 of the ones sold were to to me. Just hoping to make it out without any bruises above the collar.

Oside89
10-07-2010, 07:18 PM
2 of the ones sold were to to me. Just hoping to make it out without any bruises above the collar.

There were only 31,000 at at the last Raiders game. Your odds are better than 300 Spartans.:Bolt:

Lyth
10-07-2010, 07:21 PM
There were only 31,000 at at the last Raiders game. Your odds are better than 300 Spartans.:Bolt:

True, but the last sell out was the SD game in 2009. I expect to get hassled some. Good thing is that everyone there will absolutely hate the Broncos.

MrNAFTA
10-07-2010, 07:34 PM
Send the Raiders back to LA where they actually want to go see them.

SDGchargers
10-07-2010, 07:36 PM
I am proud to say I was at the Oakland Coliseum for their last sellout.
It was an ugly game though, we barely got the W. I also thought I was going to get killed once I started cheering when Sproles got that TD ( during the entire game, I acted as a neutral fan but I just couldn't stay quiet when Sproles scored the winning TD).

The Oakland Coliseum is a pretty cool stadium actually. You can be staying in San Francisco or Oakland ( look for nicer neighborhoods usually East of I-580 is completely safe) and go to the stadium by public transportation.

The are parts of Oakland that are actually more affluent than the nicer parts of San Diego. However San Diego is overall is lot safer and nicer place, but in the Oakland hills you definitely have wealthy people and those hills actually go for about 45 miles south ( if you include the nice parts of San Leandro, Hayward and Fremont). So I think they don't sell out games because OAK is just not a very good team right now.

Libbie

source:

Yeah... move them back to LA... so the Chargers could stay in San Diego... but wait... I live in LA county so my local channel will air their game instead of the Chargers :(

JOE KING
Let's not rip on the fanbase, the entire NFL fanbase is getting hosed by prices. The more blackouts the better IMO. It's painful in the short term but hopefully beneficial in the long term.

Edoubledeezy

This has to be my favorite post in a very long time.

I can just picture it all. I just don't want to see any games in Oakland, I've sen a guy get jumped in a bar just for wearing a Charger jersey by some punk Raider fans, its really just created a bad stigma of Raider fans violating their parole..

Lyth
10-07-2010, 07:49 PM
I am proud to say I was at the Oakland Coliseum for their last sellout.
It was an ugly game though, we barely got the W. I also thought I was going to get killed once I started cheering when Sproles got that TD ( during the entire game, I acted as a neutral fan but I just couldn't stay quiet when Sproles scored the winning TD).

The Oakland Coliseum is a pretty cool stadium actually. You can be staying in San Francisco or Oakland ( look for nicer neighborhoods usually East of I-580 is completely safe) and go to the stadium by public transportation.

The are parts of Oakland that are actually more affluent than the nicer parts of San Diego. However San Diego is overall is lot safer and nicer place, but in the Oakland hills you definitely have wealthy people and those hills actually go for about 45 miles south ( if you include the nice parts of San Leandro, Hayward and Fremont). So I think they don't sell out games because OAK is just not a very good team right now.

My kid and I are wearing the colors. No way could i go to a chargers game and not be a fan. Not sure i'd risk public transportation though. Brave != Stupid. I'd hate to be trapped on a BART trip with a car full of silver and black.

SDGchargers
10-07-2010, 07:57 PM
My kid and I are wearing the colors. No way could i go to a chargers game and not be a fan. Not sure i'd risk public transportation though. Brave != Stupid. I'd hate to be trapped on a BART trip with a car full of silver and black.

Actually the BART is not that bad ( they also have many security cams in the train), I think the worst part is the bridge people have to go through to get to the stadium. I got bad seats too I guess that didn't help ahaha.

FelipeRios
10-07-2010, 07:58 PM

The Raiders fans have had 78 alcohol-related blackouts in 122 home games since moving back to Oakland in 1995.

Fixed that for you.

Daygo619
10-07-2010, 09:49 PM
I dont know why everyone thinks ALL of san diego is so beautifull of course the rich parts are, but have you've been to city heights(not just el cajon blvd or university ave but the backstreets) or encanto(just to name two areas, there are more)...its no wonder why none of these areas get attention because the people who dont live in them dont bother....san diego has just as many slums as oakland, its not because their poor its because their team is horrible

JohnnyB1SD
10-07-2010, 09:54 PM
well oakland is one of the worst teams in the NFL every season, not to mention oakland is far less well off financially then the majority of san diego, so the comparison is poor. Us not selling out is pathetic, I wouldn't attend a Raider game either if I was a fan of them, bad city, bad team, bad(psycho fans) and a terrible organization all around, not to mention they cant afford itThey've seemed to afford it before. But even the most fanatical fans can get tired of a losing team unless your in the frozen tundra with nothing else to do.

FelipeRios
10-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I dont know why everyone thinks ALL of san diego is so beautifull of course the rich parts are, but have you've been to city heights(not just el cajon blvd or university ave but the backstreets) or encanto(just to name two areas, there are more)...its no wonder why none of these areas get attention because the people who dont live in them dont bother....san diego has just as many slums as oakland, its not because their poor its because their team is horrible
I used to live in Normal Heights for awhile between Adams and El Cajon and I wouldn't exactly call that beautiful either. I don't think "all" of San Diego is beautiful but we know how people are. No matter what the subject is, we, myself included, tend to say "all" when we really mean "a lot of".

JohnnyB1SD
10-07-2010, 09:57 PM
I dont know why everyone thinks ALL of san diego is so beautifull of course the rich parts are, but have you've been to city heights(not just el cajon blvd or university ave but the backstreets) or encanto(just to name two areas, there are more)...its no wonder why none of these areas get attention because the people who dont live in them dont bother....san diego has just as many slums as oakland, its not because their poor its because their team is horribleAre you kidding, Oakland doesn't compare to San Diego as a city. Don't forget they had Jerry Brown was their mayor for 8 years. It got worst then it was.

JerryinCA
10-07-2010, 10:01 PM
Are you kidding, Oakland doesn't compare to San Diego as a city. Don't forget they had Jerry Brown was their mayor for 8 years. It got worst then it was.

Who cares about Jerry Brown being the mayor, Oakland has been bad for a long time he didn't make it worse, 1 mayor isn't going to turn a city like that around, until they get some money in there and people taking care of their kids it's not going to change.

JerryinCA
10-07-2010, 10:03 PM
Let's not rip on the fanbase, the entire NFL fanbase is getting hosed by prices. The more blackouts the better IMO. It's painful in the short term but hopefully beneficial in the long term.

Yeah I hope the NFL learns from this, keeping fans in the dark is just going to hurt them more long term. With no local tv exposure people are going to stop paying attention to the team.

FelipeRios
10-07-2010, 10:05 PM
I haven't read the whole thread so I'm sure it's already been mentioned but when I think of Oakland's attendance being bad, I can't help but think that Al Davis is causing it. I mean yeah people can be like oh the team sucks no wonder their attendance is awful, but the Al Davis mindset and stubbornness as a whole must be such a great excuse to not care about spending money on Raider games.

JerryinCA
10-07-2010, 10:06 PM
For the record Alameda County's median household income is larger that San Diego County's household median income. The city of Oakland is located in Alameda Co.
Oakland has some very bad areas and some very good ones. In general people in the city of Oakland don't make as much as those in San Diego. But take in the surrounding areas and it's a different story.

In general the Bay Area is more affluent than Southern CA. Median income is higher, so is the education levels, etc.

Therefore just using the demographics as an excuse it wouldn't fly. Truth is the Raiders are a terrible football team and have been that way for a long time. This is the true reason they don't sell out. Al Davis has pissed off a lot of fans as well. His running the team both on the field and business wise has been terrible. At one time he sold PSLs, then changed that around and we know about how he runs the team.

Have you been to oakland? the surrounding areas are nice but oakland has very large poor areas in it. You are right thought Al Davis hasn't made people very happy there (or anywhere else) so that does play a large part in it.

charger1_sj
10-07-2010, 10:11 PM
Are you kidding, Oakland doesn't compare to San Diego as a city. Don't forget they had Jerry Brown was their mayor for 8 years. It got worst then it was.

Jerry Brown was also the governor of CA, so was his dad. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Median household income is greater in Alameda County than San Diego County. Oakland is located in Alameda. Money has nothing to do with the blackout the Raiders are experiencing. They are a lousy team.

San Diego is overall a better place to live than Oakland. However there are some very good areas in Oakland that compare with SD's finest neighborhoods. There's also parts of SD that compare with Oakland's worst.

Being a SD native I'd never live in Oakland (for more than one reason). However I'd also never live in some SD neighborhoods.

charger1_sj
10-07-2010, 10:21 PM
Have you been to oakland? the surrounding areas are nice but oakland has very large poor areas in it. You are right thought Al Davis hasn't made people very happy there (or anywhere else) so that does play a large part in it.

I live in the Bay Area. There are areas of Oakland that I wouldn't drive through. There are also some very nice areas in Oakland, besides the surrounding areas I mean.

Oakland has a very bad rap. It is a blue collar town but the demographics are changing. Large areas of Oakland are experiencing an influx of Chinese and other South Asian immigrants.

Al Davis shut a lot of fans out when he introduced PSL's. The East Bay in general is blue collar. He pissed off a lot of people. The Raiders have had something like 6 HC in the last 9 years, not to mention the rest of the coaching staff. Al Davis has pretty much proved that he's lost it. The franchise won't go anywhere until he's gone.

JohnnyB1SD
10-07-2010, 10:38 PM
Jerry Brown was also the governor of CA, so was his dad. What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

Median household income is greater in Alameda County than San Diego County. Oakland is located in Alameda. Money has nothing to do with the blackout the Raiders are experiencing. They are a lousy team.

San Diego is overall a better place to live than Oakland. However there are some very good areas in Oakland that compare with SD's finest neighborhoods. There's also parts of SD that compare with Oakland's worst.

Being a SD native I'd never live in Oakland (for more than one reason). However I'd also never live in some SD neighborhoods.Thanks for clearing up my point.

JohnnyB1SD
10-07-2010, 10:47 PM
As far as Jerry and his dad goes in those day dems would cut taxes now they increase them and only the working man pays them. You can't tax the rich they have people that work for them to save on taxes or they will just shut down whatever is costing them to much taxes. Who invests money to lose it to the government? I wouldn't. Listen to one of JFK's speeches on taxes you'd think he was repub.

ChargersVJ
10-07-2010, 11:46 PM
Gotta be willing to take shank, or in the very least get miscellaneous items thrown at you if you go there as an opposing fan.

Bolts Super Fan
10-08-2010, 01:44 AM
Any Chargers fan in the Bay Area knows a way to watch the game, live or delayed? I've heard they've been showing blacked-out games online at midnight on Sunday nights for those areas that are affected by the black out rule for free for 72 hours. Not sure if they still do that.
Any advice, recommendation is greatly appreciated :-)

SDNative54
10-08-2010, 05:50 AM
Raiders Fans and Blackouts :

1). Need more crack so won't buy a ticket.

2). Ticket vs Street Hoochie..... Hoochie wins.

3). Ticket vs more ammo.... Ammo wins.

4). Grandma Bailout vs Ticket..... ( close call but since Grandma gets SSI,
well more Crack money).
5). Ticket vs 40 oz'ers....

I'm King Stahlman and I approve this message.... http://forums.chargers.com/picture.php?pictureid=1235&albumid=179&dl=1286538154&thumb=1 (http://forums.chargers.com/album.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1235)

http://forums.chargers.com/picture.php?pictureid=1234&albumid=179&dl=1286538154&thumb=1 (http://forums.chargers.com/album.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1234)

SDNative54
10-08-2010, 05:54 AM
Chargers Fans and Blackouts :

Corona anyone......enough said... http://forums.chargers.com/picture.php?pictureid=1126&albumid=179&dl=1286538097&thumb=1 (http://forums.chargers.com/album.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1126)

http://forums.chargers.com/picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1127

SDNative54
10-08-2010, 06:17 AM
I live in the Bay Area. There are areas of Oakland that I wouldn't drive through. There are also some very nice areas in Oakland, besides the surrounding areas I mean.

Oakland has a very bad rap. It is a blue collar town but the demographics are changing. Large areas of Oakland are experiencing an influx of Chinese and other South Asian immigrants.

Al Davis shut a lot of fans out when he introduced PSL's. The East Bay in general is blue collar. He pissed off a lot of people. The Raiders have had something like 6 HC in the last 9 years, not to mention the rest of the coaching staff. Al Davis has pretty much proved that he's lost it. The franchise won't go anywhere until he's gone.

But..But... He's still after "Precious".....

http://forums.chargers.com/picture.php?albumid=179&pictureid=1236

TheCharge
10-08-2010, 09:36 AM
I think its time to just cancel the Raiders as a team. That way their fans can begin the rehabilitation process back into mainstream society, and away from prison life.

punkitty
10-08-2010, 11:20 AM
Who cares about Jerry Brown being the mayor, Oakland has been bad for a long time he didn't make it worse, 1 mayor isn't going to turn a city like that around, until they get some money in there and people taking care of their kids it's not going to change.

What about Rudy Giuliani in NYC ??

One mayor can make a difference if he is not afraid to break a few eggs to make his omelette.

WootMonkey
10-08-2010, 11:25 AM
What about Rudy Giuliani in NYC ??

One mayor can make a difference if he is not afraid to break a few eggs to make his omelette.

Bloomberg is a much beter mayor than Giuliani ever was.

charger1_sj
10-08-2010, 11:31 AM
Bloomberg is a much beter mayor than Giuliani ever was.

Giuliani cleaned up NYC not Bloomberg. Bloomberg stepped into a good situation. NYC was a mess before Giuliani.

WootMonkey
10-08-2010, 11:37 AM
Giuliani cleaned up NYC not Bloomberg. Bloomberg stepped into a good situation. NYC was a mess before Giuliani.

I'm not saying that Giuliani was a bad mayor, just that Bloomberg is better imo.

Sometimes not messing up a good thing is just as important as improving a bad thing.

charger1_sj
10-08-2010, 11:42 AM
I'm not saying that Giuliani was a bad mayor, just that Bloomberg is better imo.

I also didn't say Bloomberg is a bad mayor, quite the contrary. However I'm not sure Bloomberg could have accomplished what Giuliani did. NYC was a disaster when Giuliani took over as mayor. Bloomberg whoose been a good mayor didn't have to accomplish what Guiliani did.

WootMonkey
10-08-2010, 11:49 AM
I also didn't say Bloomberg is a bad mayor, quite the contrary. However I'm not sure Bloomberg could have accomplished what Giuliani did. NYC was a disaster when Giuliani took over as mayor. Bloomberg whoose been a good mayor didn't have to accomplish what Guiliani did.

Giuliani definitely cleaned the city up from what it was, but I think it helped that he had the collective will of the city behind him because it was such a mess.

I just think he is somewhat like the hard ass coach that works for a while then needs to go before he wears out his welcome and takes it too far.

Like I said in my edit, not messing up a good thing is just as important as improving a bad thing imo

edit: It's splitting hairs though, they are/were both good mayors in their own way. I just like Bloomberg better ;)

punkitty
10-08-2010, 11:51 AM

YEP

You can actually go into Times Square now without being robbed. Giuliani is the one to thank for that.

charger1_sj
10-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Giuliani definitely cleaned the city up from what it was, but I think it helped that he had the collective will of the city behind him because it was such a mess.

I just think he is somewhat like the hard ass coach that works for a while then needs to go before he wears out his welcome and takes it too far.

Like I said in my edit, not messing up a good thing is just as important as improving a bad thing imo

edit: It's splitting hairs though, they are/were both good mayors in their own way. I just like Bloomberg better ;)

This isn't a parody of Marty/Norv is it?

WootMonkey
10-08-2010, 11:54 AM
This isn't a parody of Marty/Norv is it?

I laugh because I thought the same thing as I was typing.

It wasn't meant to be

Cfan10
10-08-2010, 03:37 PM
LOL we all know fans all over the country are united and staying away from games in unison to show how much they hated AJ Smith for his handling of the Marcus McNeil and Vincent Jackson hold outs. Black outs are all about 'Hating AJ'.

punkitty
10-08-2010, 03:45 PM
LOL we all know fans all over the country are united and staying away from games in unison to show how much they hated AJ Smith for his handling of the Marcus McNeil and Vincent Jackson hold outs. Black outs are all about 'Hating AJ'.

There, I fixed it for ya :)

wauggy
10-08-2010, 05:09 PM
Aren't Raiders fans supposed to hate AJ and all things Bolt related

jcarrabolt
10-08-2010, 09:08 PM
Is the Crypt Keeper going to move the Raiders again? Al has done this before; Oaktown to LA, LA to Oaktown. Is a Oaktown to LA coming and what does that do to the attempt by LA to get a NFL team (like the Chargers)?

Bolts Trev
10-08-2010, 09:16 PM
Just bought a couple tickets to Sundays game for my girl and I. Thanks to the Raider "Nation" for giving me lots of seat options to choose from.

KeithSellers
10-08-2010, 10:27 PM
Took my wife to her first pro game a few years ago SD vs. Oakland at SD, she was amazed at how many Raider fans got arrested and ushered out the gate...LOL I told her that was normal!

WootMonkey
10-08-2010, 10:34 PM
Why would they hate a GM that has not brought a ring to one of their division rivals? I think they would contribute to his salary if anything.

There is more to life than winning everything. Yes the Raiders won a ring 20+ year ago, but who really cares.

An interesting study was just done comparing the education in industriazied countries, the USA was near the bottom in every category except one: confidence in which we were #1. Reminds me of people who only think that being "#1" matters...

FelipeRios
10-08-2010, 10:38 PM
An interesting study was just done comparing the education in industriazied countries, the USA was near the bottom in every category except one: confidence in which we were #1. Reminds me of people who only think that being "#1" matters...
YEAH! #1! We're the best.

57Bolt
10-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Just bought a couple tickets to Sundays game for my girl and I. Thanks to the Raider "Nation" for giving me lots of seat options to choose from.

half way through the fourth quarter the seagulls will swoop in and crap all over the place...get ready to run.

Cookies509
10-09-2010, 01:14 AM

When your city is ranked 5th in crime nationwide(2008), the bad rap is well deserved. The Bay Area is a good place, but every area has its bad spot and oakland happens to be theirs. Al Davis has lost it, raider fans are going to be suffering for awhile.

Busted Shoulder
10-09-2010, 08:18 AM
I have been able to watch the SD games that you all haven't since I'm in Sacramento watching via the NFL Ticket. But, Sunday will most definately suck as the Raiders black out means not NFL ticket here. I will be on my PC though all day reading what is going on. As far as the Raiders and Chargers black out is concerned there is really no comparison. The Raiders are a horrible team with horrible ownership with a piss poor coach. Their seat prices are too high for the area they are in and most folks who actuall watch the raiders and just don't wear their raider gear live in the bay area and don't have the money to pay those ticket prices now either. I think I read they had 30,000 people at their last home game. I would go to the game myself but I really don't want to step inside that stadium with a bunch of tards wearing holloween outfits after paying 150.00 for a seat and than get yelled at because I'm not some freak like them.