PDA

View Full Version : GO RAIDERS !!! - man that sounds bad

mdsd77
11-03-2010, 12:47 PM
But we need them to pull one out and beat the Chiefs!

gotta wash my hands now that I actually typed Go Raiders - (shiver as i walk away from the keyboard...)

vicsteele
11-03-2010, 12:50 PM

gotta wash my hands now that I actually typed Go Raiders - (shiver as i walk away from the keyboard...)

No, if they win then we are stuck behind two teams. Need the Chiefs to win and then we win and are tied with Oakland. We still one against the chiefs so we just need the Chiefs to lose again.

kiwibolt
11-03-2010, 12:51 PM
http://brainspew.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/bar-of-soap-in-mouth.jpg

Can't we just wish for a tie and a whole lot of non-career threatening, maladies? Maybe both sides could come down with a nasty case of poison oak or ivy after battling to an overtime tie?

Strife9878
11-03-2010, 12:53 PM
My love for the Chargers outweighs my hatred for the raiders...

GO... *cough*

I can't do it...

cthommes
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
No, if they win then we are stuck behind two teams. Need the Chiefs to win and then we win and are tied with Oakland. We still one against the chiefs so we just need the Chiefs to lose again.

It's all about the tiebreakers. We need the Chiefs to lose at least one division game besides our second meeting. I give @OAK the best shot at that happening based on what I've seen out of Denver this year...

IMO the Raiders won't contend for the division -- looking at their schedule later on in the season there are a lot of losable games for them. Immediately after their week 10 bye, they have @Pitt, Miami, and @SD. With @Jax and Indy still remaining...

I'd rather root for them now than have to rely on them in week 17 against the Chiefs to be honest.

nmboltsfan
11-03-2010, 12:54 PM
Screw that. The Chiefs aren't that far ahead of us.

cmfrenchiecm
11-03-2010, 12:56 PM

Chiefs are a more likely to make us look bad than the raiders are IMO.

Hence, ill be rooting for the raiders for sure this weekend.

Hodog16
11-03-2010, 12:59 PM

I'd rather be behind two teams that are 1.5 games ahead versus one team that is 2.5 games ahead, especially when both teams still have to come to the Q.

Also, the Chiefs have an easier schedule than the Raiders, so the Chargers need the Chiefs to lose any games possible.

But this is a perfect game because one of the teams has to lose, and if they somehow tie even better!

cmfrenchiecm
11-03-2010, 01:00 PM
...Still pissed off the bills didnt get that W last week.

croco
11-03-2010, 01:02 PM
Besides not rooting for anyone in this game, this is arguably the biggest divisional game without the Chargers in ages. I can't even remember the last time two teams from the AFC West minus the Chargers didn't have losing records at the midway point of the season and were playing a meaningful game in the playoff race against each other.

SDDon
11-03-2010, 01:02 PM
The best course of action is see this division all bunched up after 10 games with 3 teams at 5-5 with 6 to play. We would controll our own divisonal destiny at that point.

The Chiefs could come back to earth with a couple in divison road losses and lay an egg against the Cards.

Oakland splits with the win over the Chiefs and a road loss to Pittsburgh who will remember last years meltdown as revenge motivation for the Steelers.

AirCro
11-03-2010, 01:09 PM
It's all about the tiebreakers. We need the Chiefs to lose at least one division game besides our second meeting. I give @OAK the best shot at that happening based on what I've seen out of Denver this year...

IMO the Raiders won't contend for the division -- looking at their schedule later on in the season there are a lot of losable games for them. Immediately after their week 10 bye, they have @Pitt, Miami, and @SD. With @Jax and Indy still remaining...

I'd rather root for them now than have to rely on them in week 17 against the Chiefs to be honest.
I agree that the Raiders won't contend for the division. We need the Chiefs to go down this weekend. Can't believe I'm gonna have to root for the Raiders.

Mr Wow
11-03-2010, 01:09 PM
If Campbell starts the Chiefs should be in trouble. They are 23rd in passing defense. However the match up between the Raiders' running backs and the Chiefs running defense will be intense.

A tie would be marvelous. I'm glad they aren't playing at Arrowhead.

EastCountyKevin
11-03-2010, 01:10 PM
I hate how short football season is. It reminds me of the finally week of the Padres season when it looked as if we didn't have a chance. and now here we are rooting for the raiders, it's just disgusting, but true.

Bolt4Life
11-03-2010, 01:21 PM
The raiders can beat those guys. KC was lucky to beat Buffalo. Raiders defense looks pretty good and they have been scoring points

Would you say our defense looks pretty good?

JungleLarry
11-03-2010, 01:44 PM
Here's to hoping both teams explode and leave the Chargers in first place by default. :LightsOut:

longTIMEreader
11-03-2010, 01:46 PM
this should be moved to around the NFL

Bolttime
11-03-2010, 01:49 PM
We need the raiders to win. They won't compete for the division imo with their schedule. I can see them only going like 7-9 or 6-10. The Chiefs on the other, I only see losing 3 more games which means we need to win out. I am hoping the donkies could help us out a little as well, but that seems like a far stretch.

bharv86
11-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Im all for a tie, but there is no way I'm rooting for the Raiders. We have half the season to make up 2.5 games. A tie is best case scenario bringing both team closer if the Chargers beat Houston. It will be interesting to see how Nmandi's ankle holds up and in our case Andre who limped off towards the end of the Indy game who has already missed a week earlier in the season due to said ankle.

longTIMEreader
11-03-2010, 01:54 PM
please move thread to NFL

SanDiegoSteve
11-03-2010, 01:57 PM
A tie would be best.

But if one of these teams is going to win, a Raiders win is better for us.

Go Bolts!

:logo

dtm
11-03-2010, 02:11 PM
screw the raiders.. i'd rather lose the season and have KC dominate than cheer for raiders

FanSince67
11-03-2010, 03:25 PM

I agree. The Raiders winning and Chiefs losing is better for us.

Raider Disliker
11-03-2010, 03:34 PM
Someone pointed out that the Chargers are 2.5 games back with 8 weeks of play to go. Every week that Kansas City does not lose (a tie is most unlikely), the Chargers remain 2.5 games back. So it's hold your nose, and root for the Raiders. Ouch. Another thing: it doesn't take much to generate hatred for the Raiders (think of the 12/5 home game). Kansas City? Their fans are nice Mid-Western folks who like to tailgate and eat barbecue. Not unlike many of our grandparents, who moved from the Mid-West to San Diego. I have managed to find a reservoir of inner hatred for all the division rivals, but if I had to rate them in a "hatred order", it would be: #1, Oakland (by far); #2, Denver; #3 Kansas City; #4 (Honorable Mention) former AFC West rival, Seattle.

BuddenSD
11-03-2010, 03:36 PM
I'm not convinced of the Chiefs and will not be until they outplay a better team, we beat ourselves against them and the rest of the teams they beat aren't very good.

Strife9878
11-03-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm not convinced of the Chiefs and will not be until they outplay a better team, we beat ourselves against them and the rest of the teams they beat aren't very good.

the problem is that the chiefs schedule is week and they will not have to beat many upper end teams...

arguably the strongest team left on there schedule is the titans...

beeps
11-03-2010, 03:45 PM
I will root only for these teams to beat the hell out of each other. I refuse to root for anyone in the AFC west, that is why I am garbage at FF, I will never pick a player in our division.

Onyournrvs
11-03-2010, 03:55 PM
I'd rather be behind two teams that are 1.5 games ahead versus one team that is 2.5 games ahead, especially when both teams still have to come to the Q.

Also, the Chiefs have an easier schedule than the Raiders, so the Chargers need the Chiefs to lose any games possible.

But this is a perfect game because one of the teams has to lose, and if they somehow tie even better!
Exactly this. The Chiefs losing does two things for us. It drops them back a game AND it's a division loss which may come into play later in the season.

VicJericho
11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I'd rather have the Chiefs lose since they're the most ahead.

Vengeance, Inc.
11-03-2010, 04:08 PM
I'm selling Stabler and Casper throwbacks for those who want to wear them this Sunday.

Shagman
11-03-2010, 04:12 PM

Don't ever say or type that again. If it happens, thats fine...but no Charger fan is allowed to "cheer" for the Raiders. That's like rooting for the devil.

TheCharge
11-03-2010, 04:29 PM
Don't ever say or type that again. If it happens, thats fine...but no Charger fan is allowed to "cheer" for the Raiders. That's like rooting for the devil.

It...it....it twas...

Soap......POISONIIIINNNNG!

http://www.flickstongue.com/Movie/Pics/soap_poisoning.jpg

mc attack
11-03-2010, 05:33 PM
Chiefs are a more likely to make us look bad than the raiders are IMO.

Hence, ill be rooting for the raiders for sure this weekend.

Ah I am back from my well deserved 1 week suspension. Seriously it was good to win a game for a change. I hope it is contagious. But still a sad state of affairs when we must rely on others for help early in November.
I for one would rather pass the Raiders now, and hunt down the Chiefs in December.

DirtyBlack310
11-03-2010, 05:51 PM
We have to win ours first. At this rate I am not sure but I am hopeful

OCRaiderHater
11-03-2010, 05:52 PM
My love for the Chargers outweighs my hatred for the raiders...

GO... *cough*

I can't do it...

Funny, my hate for the Faiders outweighs my love for the Norv Turner Chargers...

Chargers-R-No1
11-03-2010, 09:43 PM

We don't need them to do anything! I say let the Raider lose. KC will lose a few more games. We just need to take care of business by winning out.:helmet

FanSince67
11-04-2010, 09:08 AM
We don't need them to do anything! I say let the Raider lose. KC will lose a few more games. We just need to take care of business by winning out.:helmet

We need them both to lose divisional games, but since the Chiefs are farther ahead now with an easy schedule left, I would rather have them lose this one.

TurnerThaBurner
11-07-2010, 12:04 AM
Kryptonite..... power.......... must..... not..... root..... for..... Raiders.....