PDA

View Full Version : Dodger Fans at it again

EndzoneJunkie
04-02-2011, 12:19 AM
Giants Fan Beaten By Dodgers Fans from behind? cowards
Los Angeles police on the beating that took place after Opening Day in the Dodger Stadium parking lot......

http://i741.photobucket.com/albums/xx60/famousticketz/dodgers.jpg

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=6280485

jackfrost
04-02-2011, 12:28 AM
Just seen it reported on the 11.00 news here ...... pathetic, they need to have a bigger police presence and camera's setup around the parking lot............its NOT like this type of behaviour hasn't happened in the past on opening day from what I can gather.

I love the the statement from the "Dodgers spokesman" ............ "the safety and health of our fans is paramount"

Cut out the lipservice, propaganda BS buddy and spend some money on making it safer for ALL fans who pay to attend your facility.

Rivers4MVP
04-02-2011, 12:35 AM
after a victory too....on opening day...........such an important game, well worth it!LA fans have and will always be among the worst, a lot of drunken fools

JCDavey
04-02-2011, 02:06 AM
as much as i loathe the dodgers, i don't want to condemn a whole fanbase for the actions of a few idiots

that's what we have the raiders fanbase for lol

chargertom
04-02-2011, 11:41 AM
after a victory too....on opening day...........such an important game, well worth it!LA fans have and will always be among the worst, a lot of drunken fools

So you were kidding about this? :rolleyes:

TrabucoWR
04-02-2011, 07:24 PM
as much as i loathe the dodgers, i don't want to condemn a whole fanbase for the actions of a few idiots

that's what we have the raiders fanbase for lol

I'd be willing to bet these guys are also Raider fans (lots of Doyer fans are). This is how they're spending their off season.

David110
04-02-2011, 11:04 PM

Opening Day for baseball is an important game.

Tycebrew
04-03-2011, 08:27 AM
Typical dodger ********er thug fans. They are known for this.

I've never seen any Padre fans attack an opposing team fan outside our stadium.

chargertom
04-03-2011, 09:29 AM
LOS ANGELES (AP)

A savage beating by two men outside Dodger Stadium left a San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan in a medically induced coma as police on Saturday urged any witnesses to help identify the attackers.

The assault after Thursday's season opener between the Los Angeles Dodgers (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/los-angeles-dodgers/71605) and the rival Giants left a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz in critical but stable condition.

Police released composite sketches of the two suspects, who were wearing Dodgers clothing.

Detective Larry Burcher said security cameras had yielded nothing of great value, but investigators were confident there were many witnesses with valuable information. Los Angeles County Supervisor Mike Antonovich offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to the arrests of the suspects.

The two suspects cursed and taunted three men in Giants gear as thousands of fans left the stadium after the 2-1 Dodger victory, Detective T.J. Moore said.

The Giants fans ran and two got away, but the assailants caught up to one in the parking lot, struck him on the back of the head and as he fell, he hit his head on the asphalt, Moore said.

Both attackers then kicked the victim, then ran, Moore said. They fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman with a boy, Moore said.

The victim's friends returned and found him on the ground.

Police have not released his name, but friends and family told his hometown paper, the Santa Cruz Sentinel, that his name was Bryan Stow, a married father of two who works for a San Jose ambulance company.

Family members were at County-USC Hospital, where doctors put him in a coma to deal with his brain injuries, according to City News Service.

Rebecca Mackowiak, Stow's co-worker at American Medical Response, started a fund to help pay his medical bills.

"He is a really friendly guy and easygoing," she told the Sentinel. "There's not one person in this world who knows him who would think of him as a fighter."

Read the rest here (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/San-Francisco-Giants-fan-remains-hospitalized-after-attack-040211).

There's a bounty now on the head of these idiots. I'm hoping there is someone that was at the game who took pictures of them, or filmed it with a cell phone.

The victim is a paramedic, in the business of helping people. This is just a senseless tragedy for him, and his family. I hope these guys are caught soon, and put behind bars for a long, long, long time.

Rivers4MVP
04-03-2011, 11:49 AM
I take sports very seriously, but people that get violent over sports, that is taking it too far

JCDavey
04-03-2011, 12:12 PM
I take sports very seriously, but people that get violent over sports, that is taking it too far

yep

and even if some padres fans did this, you just have to accept that every fanbase, or oganization of people is going to have some bad apples

it's just the percentages

ElectroAsada
04-03-2011, 12:27 PM
Talk about pathetic.

I always despised the Dodgers and their fans and this definately adds more fuel to the fire.

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-03-2011, 01:08 PM
I was planning on going to a Padres/Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium in the summer....I don't think this will prevent me, though.

chargertom
04-05-2011, 01:08 PM
LOS ANGELES

As police in Los Angeles continue the search for two suspects in the brutal beating of a San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan, the Dodgers said Tuesday that the total reward for information in the case has been increased to $50,000.

The Dodgers have added $25,000 for information leading to an arrest and conviction to go along with $10,000 each from the Giants and LA County Supervisor Michael Antonovich. American Medical Response, the employer of victim Brian Stow, also offered $5,000.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic, is in critical but stable condition after being beaten unconscious by two men late Thursday night in a parking lot outside Dodger Stadium. The attack followed the Dodgers' Opening Day win over the Giants.

LAPD detective Jose Carrillo told the LA Times Monday that detectives were "working on some leads but at this stage were not ready to [go] public with them.

"One of the problems is these individuals could have come from just about anywhere in the region," Carrillo said.

He added that investigators have been unable to identify the type of car the two men fled in, but added they "believe a 10-year-old male was in the vehicle." Sketches of the suspects were released late Friday.

Still hoping these scumbags are brought to justice.

pacstud
04-05-2011, 04:47 PM
Get a posse!

chargertom
04-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Fan May Have Brain Damage, Reward Upped to $100,000

LOS ANGELES (AP)

A San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan who was beaten at Dodger Stadium after last week's opening game shows signs of brain damage and remains in critical condition, a doctor said Tuesday.

Meanwhile, detectives were looking into unconfirmed reports that the same suspects struck other Giants fans minutes before the attack that left Bryan Stow in a coma.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic and father of two from Santa Cruz, remained in critical but guarded condition at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center. He suffered a severe skull fracture and bad bruising to his brain's frontal lobes, said Dr. Gabriel Zada, a neurosurgeon.

At one point, doctors had to remove the entire left side of his skull to ease pressure on his brain. The pressure is now normal but Stow remains in a coma from his injuries and from sedation to reduce his brain activity, Zada said.

''There is evidence of brain injury and dysfunction,'' Zada said.

It was too early to make a prognosis but such injuries can affect memory, thinking ability and even personality, Zada said.

''It's going to be a long recovery process,'' he said.

Stow was in a parking lot heading to a taxi stand after the Dodgers' 2-1 victory over the Giants on March 31 when two shaven-headed young men in Dodgers clothing began taunting and swearing at him and two other fans, who were all wearing Giants gear, police said.

Stow was punched in the back of the head. He fell down, bashing his head on the pavement, and was kicked before the attackers ran off.

They fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman who had a boy with her, police said.

Composite sketches of the men have been released.

The City Council on Tuesday voted to offer a $50,000 reward for information leading to arrests. With previous offers from the Dodgers, Giants and others, that brings the total to $100,000.

Investigators had several leads and some evidence that was recovered at the scene, Detective Jose Carrillo said. He did not provide details.

He estimated that out of some 40,000 people who streamed into the parking lot after the game, at least 100 probably were near enough to see the attack and he urged them to contact police. It was too dark for video surveillance camera to provide clear images, he said.

Investigators also were looking into unconfirmed reports that Stow's attackers punched three or four young men in Giants gear only minutes before Stow was assaulted, Carrillo said.

Stow, an enthusiastic Giants fan, was attending his first game at Dodgers Stadium and had looked forward to the game all year, his first cousin, John Stow, said.

However, he may have had some worries after arriving.

''During the game, my wife received a text message from him ... He basically said he was scared inside the stadium,'' John Stow said, adding that his cousin did not usually make such comments lightly.

Stow's parents, two sisters and other relatives attended a news conference at the hospital.

John Stow, who wore a Giants hat and jersey, called the attackers thugs who should give themselves up and ''have the courage to face the facts and face the book for what you've done here.''

Family members also said they did not blame Dodger fans for the attack and had received prayers and good wishes from locals and people as far away as England.

''Though this has been a terrible tragedy done by cowardly people, it is reassuring to know that good people are speaking out and are appalled,'' John Stow said.

''We have no animosity toward the people of Los Angeles. We've been received with open arms and love,'' said a sister, Erin Collins.

Of the attackers, she said: ''They weren't true Dodger fans.''

RandomTask
04-06-2011, 11:38 AM
I was planning on going to a Padres/Dodgers game at Dodger Stadium in the summer....I don't think this will prevent me, though.

It really depends on where you are sitting. I've gone to games at Dodgers Stadium and found the lower the ticket price the lower the IQ. It's also a place where if you want trouble you can certainly find it. I got some respect from Dodger fans for staying for the whole game that the Padres were getting beat down in. Most of the Dodger fans had already left. I really don't find it any less safe than other places I've gone to games. I like to try to go to 1 game a season up there. It really is a classic ballpark! Too bad there are all those Dodger fans...

dekkerbasser
04-06-2011, 12:55 PM
Fan May Have Brain Damage, Reward Upped to $100,000

LOS ANGELES (AP)

A San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan who was beaten at Dodger Stadium after last week's opening game shows signs of brain damage and remains in critical condition, a doctor said Tuesday.

Meanwhile, detectives were looking into unconfirmed reports that the same suspects struck other Giants fans minutes before the attack that left Bryan Stow in a coma.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic and father of two from Santa Cruz, remained in critical but guarded condition at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center. He suffered a severe skull fracture and bad bruising to his brain's frontal lobes, said Dr. Gabriel Zada, a neurosurgeon.

At one point, doctors had to remove the entire left side of his skull to ease pressure on his brain. The pressure is now normal but Stow remains in a coma from his injuries and from sedation to reduce his brain activity, Zada said.

''There is evidence of brain injury and dysfunction,'' Zada said.

It was too early to make a prognosis but such injuries can affect memory, thinking ability and even personality, Zada said.

''It's going to be a long recovery process,'' he said.

Stow was in a parking lot heading to a taxi stand after the Dodgers' 2-1 victory over the Giants on March 31 when two shaven-headed young men in Dodgers clothing began taunting and swearing at him and two other fans, who were all wearing Giants gear, police said.

Stow was punched in the back of the head. He fell down, bashing his head on the pavement, and was kicked before the attackers ran off.

They fled in a four-door sedan driven by a woman who had a boy with her, police said.

Composite sketches of the men have been released.

The City Council on Tuesday voted to offer a $50,000 reward for information leading to arrests. With previous offers from the Dodgers, Giants and others, that brings the total to $100,000.

Investigators had several leads and some evidence that was recovered at the scene, Detective Jose Carrillo said. He did not provide details.

He estimated that out of some 40,000 people who streamed into the parking lot after the game, at least 100 probably were near enough to see the attack and he urged them to contact police. It was too dark for video surveillance camera to provide clear images, he said.

Investigators also were looking into unconfirmed reports that Stow's attackers punched three or four young men in Giants gear only minutes before Stow was assaulted, Carrillo said.

Stow, an enthusiastic Giants fan, was attending his first game at Dodgers Stadium and had looked forward to the game all year, his first cousin, John Stow, said.

However, he may have had some worries after arriving.

''During the game, my wife received a text message from him ... He basically said he was scared inside the stadium,'' John Stow said, adding that his cousin did not usually make such comments lightly.

Stow's parents, two sisters and other relatives attended a news conference at the hospital.

John Stow, who wore a Giants hat and jersey, called the attackers thugs who should give themselves up and ''have the courage to face the facts and face the book for what you've done here.''

Family members also said they did not blame Dodger fans for the attack and had received prayers and good wishes from locals and people as far away as England.

''Though this has been a terrible tragedy done by cowardly people, it is reassuring to know that good people are speaking out and are appalled,'' John Stow said.

''We have no animosity toward the people of Los Angeles. We've been received with open arms and love,'' said a sister, Erin Collins.

Of the attackers, she said: ''They weren't true Dodger fans.''

That totally sucks!

Yesterday, when I was at the game in my SRO area, rBC knows where, some Padre fan threw his beer at the back of some Giant fans. None of it hit me but I had to, well...felt the need to, get in front of the Giant fan so to stop him from getting into a fight with the Padre fan.

Ultimately I was able to calm him down and gave the Padre fan a very very very evil stare. He was a short little punk...maybe 34 or so...def much smaller than me and a bit older than me.

After the glare, I went and got the Giant fan some napkins to clean off his jersey.

RAWDOGG
04-06-2011, 01:32 PM
I am Dodger fan.......I think this is disgusting and I hope those thugs are caught and pay for their ridiculous actions

dekkerbasser
04-06-2011, 01:34 PM
I am Dodger fan.......I think this is disgusting and I hope those thugs are caught and pay for their ridiculous actions

It's not right....I mean, there are thug fans at all parks, all games, all events. They are just bad people. I hope they get caught as well!

chargertom
04-06-2011, 02:10 PM
If there's any justice in this world, those two will be watching games in the rec room of the mens prison in Chino for the next 20 years.

spikedwk
04-06-2011, 07:48 PM
not a baseball fan by any means, but read this on the kfi website and figured id voice my disgust, rival fans bicker and sometimes it gets heated, but i have never once even thought of fighting/in this case assaulting someone over a sports team, some people feel like they have too much to prove

chargertom
05-18-2011, 07:23 AM
Los Angeles police said Tuesday that a Latina woman could be the key to tracking down two men responsible for the brutal assault of San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan Bryan Stow at Dodgers (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/los-angeles-dodgers/71605) Stadium on Opening Day.

Los Angeles Police Capt. Bill Murphy said there were a number of strong leads in the investigation, but one of the best was that the woman had driven the two suspects away after the incident on the night of March 31, the Los Angeles Times reported.

The woman, in her 20s, was wearing an Andre Ethier (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/player/andre-ethier/388087) Dodgers jersey, stood about 5-feet-2 to 5-feet-3 with brown hair in a ponytail, and was with a boy who appeared to be about 10 years old, Murphy said.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz, was knocked to the ground and repeatedly kicked in the head during the unprovoked attack in the Dodgers Stadium parking lot.

The father of two, who suffered brain damage in the assault, was flown to San Francisco General Hospital on Monday to be closer to his home.

The family has set up a website, www.support4bryanstow.com (http://www.support4bryanstow.com/), to keep people updated on his condition.

Police also announced Tuesday that the total reward had been increased from $150,000 to $200,000 for information leading to the capture of the two attackers, the San Francisco Examiner reported.

Read more here (http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/05/lapd-hopes-mystery-woman-can-lead-to-suspects-who-beat-giants-fan-at-dodger-stadium.html).

chargertom
05-18-2011, 07:00 PM
A Giants fan who was brutally beaten on opening day at Dodger Stadium is opening his eyes but remains in critical condition at San Francisco General Hospital, the medical center's chief neurosurgeon said Wednesday.

Bryan Stow has been weaned off one of five anti-seizure medications since arriving Monday from a Los Angeles hospital where he had been in a coma after being attacked in March, Dr. Geoff Manley said. Stow's brain also did not show any seizure activity during 30 hours of continuous monitoring in the hospital's intensive care unit.

Manley described these developments as positive but could not predict Stow's chances for recovery.

''We just don't know right now,'' he said. ''We're treating him as if he will make a recovery. We're being very aggressive. We're leaving no stone unturned. But time will tell.''

The goal over the next several weeks is to taper the remaining medications to better assess damage to Stow's brain, Manley said. Los Angeles doctors had placed Stow in a medically induced coma in what Manley called an ''epic struggle'' to control his seizures, which can result in further brain injury.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic and father of two, wore a San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) jersey to the March 31 season opener in Los Angeles and was attacked by two men in Dodgers gear in a parking lot after the game. No arrests have been made.

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said Tuesday the Dodgers have offered an additional $100,000 for information leading to the suspects' arrest. The total reward being offered now stands at more than $200,000.

Detectives are looking into about 500 leads in their search for the attackers, Beck said.

Doctors were concerned about possible further injury to Stow's brain while he was being transported from Los Angeles to San Francisco General's internationally recognized brain trauma unit. But Manley said Stow suffered no complications on the trip.

The difficulty in predicting Stow's chances of recovery stems from doctors' limited understanding of the science of traumatic brain injury, which Manley said was comparable to researchers' level of medical knowledge about cancer and heart disease 40 or 50 years ago.

chargertom
05-22-2011, 10:38 AM
Police arrest beating suspect

Police in Los Angeles have detained a suspect in the beating of San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan Bryan Stow, the Los Angeles Times reported Sunday.

The report said the Los Angeles Police Department SWAT team descended on an East Hollywood apartment building about 7 a.m. Sunday with a warrant in hand. Inside was a man suspected to be one of the two men who allegedly beat Stow on March 31, leaving the Northern California paramedic with brain damage.

Residents of the three-story building stood watching from balconies as police removed people from inside the apartment, the Times reported, citing building manager Martiza Camacho. Included was a bald man who has tattoos on his neck and arms, she said, a description that appears to match the vague sketches released by police of one of the two suspects.

Camacho said he did not appear to resist being taken into custody, the Times reported.

Several police sources confirmed to the newspaper that the man taken into custody was one of the two suspects in the beating. Police officials declined to identify the suspect or give other details, saying the investigation was ongoing.

Stow, a 42-year-old paramedic from Santa Cruz, was knocked to the ground and repeatedly kicked in the head during the unprovoked attack in the Dodgers Stadium parking lot.

The father of two, who suffered brain damage in the assault, was flown to San Francisco General Hospital on Monday to be closer to his home and his parents, Ann and David Stow.

The family has set up a website, www.support4bryanstow.com (http://www.support4bryanstow.com), to keep people updated on his condition.

Police also announced Tuesday that the total reward had been increased from $150,000 to $200,000 for information leading to the capture of the two attackers, the San Francisco Examiner reported.

Doctors said Wednesday that although Stow remained in a critical condition, his seizures had been brought under control, which allowed him to come off one of five anti-seizure medications.

MathewsNotMatthews24
05-22-2011, 10:47 AM
Yes! That is some progress. Hopefully this will lead to them catching all the other people involved...

Chiprocks1
05-22-2011, 11:08 AM
I hope that the person that ends up getting the reward donates at least half if not all to Bryan Stow and his family. We all know who needs the money more.

MathewsNotMatthews24
05-22-2011, 11:26 AM
I hope that the person that ends up getting the reward donates at least half if not all to Bryan Stow and his family. We all know who needs the money more.

THAT would be a really cool thing for him to do.

chargertom
07-20-2011, 02:07 PM
Bryan Stow, the San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan who was severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium in March, underwent emergency surgery in a San Francisco hospital this week, his family said Wednesday.

According to the family's website, Stow's medical team decided to operate after he suffered a 30-second seizure, most likely caused by a buildup of fluid in his brain.

San Francisco General Hospital chief of neurosurgery Dr. Geoffrey Manley "removed [a] bone flap that was put in on Friday, and he found some sort of growth he had never seen before," Stow's family said. "The growth was removed and a filter put in to help drain the fluid from his head."

The family said Dr. Gabriel Zada from the LA County-USC Medical Center, where Stow was admitted from the time of the attack until mid-May, arrived in San Francisco to check on his former patient after the emergency procedure.

"[Dr. Zada] spent a lot of time with Bryan, and by the end of the day saw some movements and slight right eye opening," the family said.

The 42-year-old paramedic and father-of-two suffered severe brain injuries during a savage beating in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on Opening Day. His condition was upgraded from critical to serious last month, with doctors saying he was breathing without a ventilator.

Giovanni Ramirez, 31, who was arrested in May but has not been charged in the assault, was ordered last week to serve 10 months in prison for a parole violation. Investigators maintain Ramirez is the prime suspect in the case.

Police continue to search for a second suspect and a woman, who investigators believe drove the two assailants away after the attack.

dekkerbasser
07-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Bryan Stow, the San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan who was severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium in March, underwent emergency surgery in a San Francisco hospital this week, his family said Wednesday.

According to the family's website, Stow's medical team decided to operate after he suffered a 30-second seizure, most likely caused by a buildup of fluid in his brain.

San Francisco General Hospital chief of neurosurgery Dr. Geoffrey Manley "removed [a] bone flap that was put in on Friday, and he found some sort of growth he had never seen before," Stow's family said. "The growth was removed and a filter put in to help drain the fluid from his head."

The family said Dr. Gabriel Zada from the LA County-USC Medical Center, where Stow was admitted from the time of the attack until mid-May, arrived in San Francisco to check on his former patient after the emergency procedure.

"[Dr. Zada] spent a lot of time with Bryan, and by the end of the day saw some movements and slight right eye opening," the family said.

The 42-year-old paramedic and father-of-two suffered severe brain injuries during a savage beating in the Dodger Stadium parking lot on Opening Day. His condition was upgraded from critical to serious last month, with doctors saying he was breathing without a ventilator.

Giovanni Ramirez, 31, who was arrested in May but has not been charged in the assault, was ordered last week to serve 10 months in prison for a parole violation. Investigators maintain Ramirez is the prime suspect in the case.

Police continue to search for a second suspect and a woman, who investigators believe drove the two assailants away after the attack.

I hope that guy pulls through :(

chargertom
07-20-2011, 02:19 PM
http://static.foxsports.com/content/fscom/img/2011/05/18/bryan-stow-kids730_20110518171058313_660_320.JPG

Me, too.

Chiprocks1
07-22-2011, 07:49 AM
More suspects in SF fan beating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6gRyYgoRyM

chargertom
07-22-2011, 08:05 AM
I heard they made 2 more arrests. The lawyer for the first guy arrested is saying that the new arrest prove his client is innocent.

I just want to see the scumbags who did it get what they got coming to them. :mad:

chargertom
07-22-2011, 09:58 PM
Two months to the day after an emotional Police Chief Charlie Beck trumpeted the arrest of a suspect in the savage beating of a San Francisco Giants (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/team/san-francisco-giants/71612) fan at Dodger Stadium, he pronounced the man innocent Friday and prosecutors charged two others with the crime.

The charges came nearly four months after the beating of Bryan Stow, a paramedic who suffered a brain injury and remains in serious condition.

Another man, Giovanni Ramirez, was arrested in May but wasn't charged in the attack in a stadium parking lot.

For months, police Chief Charlie Beck had steadfastly maintained his confidence that Ramirez was the right suspect.

''In policing, it's just as important to exonerate the innocent as it is to implicate the guilty,'' Beck said Friday at a terse news conference. ''I want to tell the world that Giovanni Ramirez is no longer a suspect in this case.''

Prosecutors charged Louie Sanchez, 29, and Marvin Norwood, 30, both of Rialto, with one count each of mayhem, assault by means likely to produce great bodily injury, and battery with serious bodily injury, all felonies. Both were being held on $500,000 bail after being arrested Thursday.

The complaint alleged both men personally inflicted great bodily injury on Stow.

A message left at a number for the parents of Sanchez was not returned, and contact details for Norwood's family could not be found.

Dorene Sanchez, believed to be the sister of Louie Sanchez, had been arrested on suspicion of being an accessory after the fact then released. She was not charged.

Beck did not provide details on the evidence against the two men but said more details would be released Monday.

''The Los Angeles Police Department never gave up on this case,'' District Attorney Steve Cooley said in a prepared statement.

Earlier in the day, a law enforcement official with knowledge of the case who spoke on condition of anonymity because the investigation was ongoing, said police have no forensic evidence against the latest suspects but they had made incriminating statements.

The attack has captured national attention as the Los Angeles Police Department and the Dodgers sought to ease fears about violence at the storied stadium.

Stow, 42, a resident of Santa Cruz and the father of two children, remained hospitalized in San Francisco. His family said in a blog post Friday that he appeared to mouth his last name and might have tried to give a thumbs-up.

On Monday, he underwent emergency surgery for fluid buildup in his head. Doctors have kept him under heavy sedation since the attack to prevent seizures.

Police released no details about the latest arrests in the case until the news conference. The delay came in sharp contrast to the fanfare surrounding the arrest of Ramirez on May 22.

However, the investigation faltered after Ramirez provided almost a dozen statements from friends and family members saying he was nowhere near Dodger Stadium on the night of March 31. Ramirez also volunteered for and passed a polygraph test.

No charges were filed against him in the beating, but he was returned to prison for a parole violation - having access to a firearm.

Read the rest of the story here (http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/LAPD-exonerates-suspect-in-brutal-beating-of-San-Francisco-Giants-fan-Bryan-Stow-072211).

chargertom
07-24-2011, 05:31 PM
An excerpt from the filing documents giving some details of the assault ....

The complaint alleged both men personally inflicted great bodily injury on Stow, ''causing him to become comatose due to brain injury and to suffer paralysis.'' The mayhem count alleged that they ''did cut and disable the tongue, and put out an eye and slit (Stow's) nose, ear and lip.''

So not only did these scumbags knock him senseless from behind, they cut him up after he was out?

There is a special section in hell for people who would do something like this.

Bolting Xero
07-24-2011, 06:48 PM
i just dont get how it took so long to find the real scums who did it.

Chiprocks1
07-25-2011, 08:20 PM
2 Men Charged In Beating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x55Vk1ePHJ4

chargertom
07-25-2011, 10:47 PM
If they're convicted, I hope they die in prison from old age.

Rivers4MVP
07-25-2011, 11:48 PM
Doubt their sentences will be that long. They can charge the guys for assault, attempted murder and various other things, but Stow did not die, and unfortunately, I doubt their sentences can be for life or more than like 15 years if it isn't murder...they should go to prison for life though

chargertom
07-25-2011, 11:59 PM
If convicted on all charges, all three of which are felonies, they would qualify for California's three strikes law .. which could put them in prison for life.

Rivers4MVP
07-26-2011, 12:06 AM
If convicted on all charges, all three of which are felonies, they would qualify for California's three strikes law .. which could put them in prison for life.

Hmm interesting. I don't have much Law knowledge yet haha but I would be surprised if they were sentenced to life, I just don't see it

chargertom
07-26-2011, 08:14 AM
I should have posted that "maybe" they'd qualify. I don't know for sure.

I do know that any animal that would do something like this to his fellow man, deserves to be locked away from the rest of the world for a long, long, long time.

There is no provocation, no reasoning or excuse that would justify their attack. It was a senseless, mindless crime that only gutter trash would commit.

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 11:07 AM
They cut his tongue thus disabling him from speaking?!? :eek:

That's some SERIOUS crap!

Chiprocks1
07-26-2011, 11:18 AM
When a pit bull mauls someone, be it a kid or an elderly couple, they put the dog down immediately. Hmmm...why doesn't this apply for people that have the same mentality of dogs?

Discuss.

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 11:20 AM
When a pit bull mauls someone, be it a kid or an elderly couple, they put the dog down immediately. Hmmm...why doesn't this apply for people that have the same mentality of dogs?

Discuss.

Because dogs cannot hire attorneys nor are the afforded the right to defend themselves with a jury of their peers? ;)

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 11:33 AM
I'm not condoning what happened but this Brian Stow guy looks like a trash talking, smug faced moron who let the alcohol take over. He talked trash to the wrong people and got beat up. His injury is from hitting the concrete. I don't think they came from the beating.

I hope that he recovers but next time he should learn to keep his mouth shut around guys who clearly look like gangsters rather than Dodger fans. These criminals no way reflect Dodger fans!

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm not condoning what happened but this Brian Stow guy looks like a trash talking, smug faced moron who let the alcohol take over. He talked trash to the wrong people and got beat up. His injury is from hitting the concrete. I don't think they came from the beating.

I hope that he recovers but next time he should learn to keep his mouth shut around guys who clearly look like gangsters rather than Dodger fans. These criminals no way reflect Dodger fans!

Moron or not fighting is not the answer. If somebody is talking ridiculous amount of crap to me then I will fire right back with talking crap. Additionally, we'll eventually find out who threw the first punch which is quite important.

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Moron or not fighting is not the answer. If somebody is talking ridiculous amount of crap to me then I will fire right back with talking crap. Additionally, we'll eventually find out who threw the first punch which is quite important.

Yeah, but you can tell who's a fan and who's not. From what i've read on reports, Brian Stow was very intoxicated and an altercation ensued when he started talking trash to the wrong people.

Now let's be honest here, would you mimick a gorilla out of it's cage? That's what this exactly is. These people need to be put away from society imo. Let the real fans enjoy the game without fighting, this i agree with you.

When I go to SF to watch the Dodgers vs Giants games, I go there with respect as a tourist and a visting fan. I know my role there.

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Yeah, but you can tell who's a fan and who's not. From what i've read on reports, Brian Stow was very intoxicated and an altercation ensued when he started talking trash to the wrong people.

Now let's be honest here, would you mimick a gorilla out of it's cage? That's what this exactly is. These people need to be put away from society imo. Let the real fans enjoy the game without fighting, this i agree with you.

When I go to SF to watch the Dodgers vs Giants games, I go there with respect as a tourist and a visting fan. I know my role there.

I agree: dont go to other people's towns and pick a fight.

There are bad fans everywhere in every stadium and it's up to us to not get into fights. I've been to 7 MLB stadiums (SD, Angels, Doyer, SF, Seattle, Phoenix, Colorado) and let's just say that I wont even wear my Padre jersey in LA. Not fun.

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 12:16 PM

I agree: dont go to other people's towns and pick a fight.

There are bad fans everywhere in every stadium and it's up to us to not get into fights. I've been to 7 MLB stadiums (SD, Angels, Doyer, SF, Seattle, Phoenix, Colorado) and let's just say that I wont even wear my Padre jersey in LA. Not fun.

I know what you mean. Petco is Disneyland compared to the Ravine. If you go to the Ravine, just stay away from the cheap seats. That's where all the low level, gangster type fans are from my experience.

I stood up for a Giants fan there one time when I seen him get doused with beer by a drunk dodger fan for sitting in the wrong section. I just called security on them. Call me a snitch, but hey....it beats a confrontation. He was taken away like a little kid with his face red and heated. :Cheers:

Chiprocks1
07-26-2011, 12:18 PM
I wont even wear my Padre jersey in LA. Not fun.

Oh Homer, you disappoint me.

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I know what you mean. Petco is Disneyland compared to the Ravine. If you go to the Ravine, just stay away from the cheap seats. That's where all the low level, gangster type fans are from my experience.

I stood up for a Giants fan there one time when I seen him get doused with beer by a drunk dodger fan for sitting in the wrong section. I just called security on them. Call me a snitch, but hey....it beats a confrontation. He was taken away like a little kid with his face red and heated. :Cheers:

http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=3515542&postcount=18

:Beer:

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 12:20 PM
Oh Homer, you disappoint me.

It's scary stuff, man! Not only that, but it's a LOOOONNNNNG walk down to the car in that stadium...and it's just you and a bunch of people who dont like your shirt.

Chiprocks1
07-26-2011, 12:21 PM
It's scary stuff, man! Not only that, but it's a LOOOONNNNNG walk down to the car in that stadium...and it's just you and a bunch of people who dont like your shirt.

Or what I call any Saturday night in PB.

FYI, your shirt rules!!

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 12:32 PM
http://forums.chargers.com/showpost.php?p=3515542&postcount=18

:Beer:

aha right on! Have you ever been to Yankee stadium? Man, it's brutal over there. Don't even expect anyone to back you up regardless. Talk about Oakland Coliseum. Yankee fans are born bred jerks

They won't go as far as putting you in a coma, but i've seen grown men get in fights right on the concession stands in front of kids over teams.

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Or what I call any Saturday night in PB.

FYI, your shirt rules!!

Yeah, PB is hectic but it's a lot easier to wear a Padre shirt in PB (or anywhere in SD) than it is to wear it in Chavez.

And yes, my shirts and jersey all rule :)

dekkerbasser
07-26-2011, 12:34 PM
aha right on! Have you ever been to Yankee stadium? Man, it's brutal over there. Don't even expect anyone to back you up regardless. Talk about Oakland Coliseum. Yankee fans are born bred jerks

Havent been to NY but I'd imagine it would be tough. The one stadium I probably fear the most would be Fenway. I mean, Boston fans of ANY sport are just buttheads IMHO.

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 12:35 PM
Havent been to NY but I'd imagine it would be tough. The one stadium I probably fear the most would be Fenway. I mean, Boston fans of ANY sport are just buttheads IMHO.

TOUCHE :Cheers:

chargertom
07-26-2011, 06:26 PM

His injury is from hitting the concrete? Really? The concrete slashed his face with a knife?

And because he was talking a little smack, he deserves to be put in a hospital, and lay in a coma for months while doctors desperately try to save his life?

Seriously?

And just keep his mouth shut the next time, eh? You really think there will be a next time? By the time this is over, he'll probably own the Dodgers.

Like it or not, those guys DO reflect on the Dodger fan base. They're part of it, no matter what excuse you try to make that they're really gang bangers posing as Dodger fans. :rolleyes:

Is that seriously the best you can do?

He deserved it for talking smack to a rival fan at a game.

They're not really Dodger fans.

The concrete did it, they didn't.

Next time, he should just sit there and take it.

Absolutely positively unbelievable that you could even post that, let alone believe any of it.

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 06:46 PM
His injury is from hitting the concrete? Really? The concrete slashed his face with a knife?

And because he was talking a little smack, he deserves to be put in a hospital, and lay in a coma for months while doctors desperately try to save his life?

Seriously?

And just keep his mouth shut the next time, eh? You really think there will be a next time? By the time this is over, he'll probably own the Dodgers.

Like it or not, those guys DO reflect on the Dodger fan base. They're part of it, no matter what excuse you try to make that they're really gang bangers posing as Dodger fans. :rolleyes:

Is that seriously the best you can do?

He deserved it for talking smack to a rival fan at a game.

They're not really Dodger fans.

The concrete did it, they didn't.

Next time, he should just sit there and take it.

Absolutely positively unbelievable that you could even post that, let alone believe any of it.

Tom, let's be rational here without singling out a whole fanbase, who's rich in tradition and history. As I said before, I do not condone the senseless beating Stow got and I really hope the system throws the book at these two lowlifes.

But come on, where is the weapon that this so called slashing did on Stow? Is it from forensics? Or just assumption like they assumed the wrong person? Reports show he did hit the concrete hard and the coma might have been from that and not the beating. A beating of that nature that would cause that much trauma to the brain would be from a beating so extreme that the victim was near death. I don't think that was the case. Or maybe Stow had a tumor in his brain which is not the case as well. Blunt objects? Only blunt objects were the suspects fists.

I want to see evidence produced to show before I talk about a weapon being used.

That is besides the point. The bottom line is, smack talk is smack talk. I have a good old fashioned friendly smack talk with opposing fans who I know are fans. I won't pick a random joe to do so. Common sense will show who's really a fan and who's really just some lowlife criminal, ex con, gang banger.

You are putting words in my mouth regarding "he deserved it". I did not say that or implied that. What I said was if you talk smack to the wrong person, you're getting what's coming.

Let me ask you Tom. When you talk smack, do you first feel out the person at least? Inebriation aside. Or do you just do so because you "feel like it"?

Honestly, i'll talk smack to a person if they deserved it, but if I feel like my life is in danger or it's going to lead to a fight, I'll be the first to apologize just to save the drama. ESPECIALLY When i'm with my family.

P.S. these are the lowlife criminal knuckleheads that beat Stow to a coma. NOT DODGER FANS!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hlatlxZq-Uc/TiyfGzDqehI/AAAAAAAACYE/3YA1WRj0NBk/s200/louie+sanchez.jpg

chargertom
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
You are putting words in my mouth regarding "he deserved it". I did not say that or implied that. What I said was if you talk smack to the wrong person, you're getting what's coming.

Can you expain the difference between "deserved it", and "getting what's coming"?

Did you miss this post?

The complaint alleged both men personally inflicted great bodily injury on Stow, ''causing him to become comatose due to brain injury and to suffer paralysis.'' The mayhem count alleged that they ''did cut and disable the tongue, and put out an eye and slit (Stow's) nose, ear and lip.''

You really think the concrete did that? :confused:

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 07:11 PM
Can you expain the difference between "deserved it", and "getting what's coming"?

Did you miss this post?

You really think the concrete did that? :confused:

I didn't say he deserved it. But i'm speaking about the person doing the smack talk to another who he doesn't know that well. He get's whats coming to him. Is that the nature of it all? Regardless of a beatdown or a heated smack talk ownage? Like I said, I don't condone the attack.

The whole cut to the nose, ears, tongue, etc etc, that's all alleged. Ive seen mma fighters get beat up like they were beat with bats and knives. He might have bit his own tongue for all we know.

Stop singling out Dodger fans man. That is not cool :mad:

chargertom
07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm not singling out anyone, but the two scumbags that did this. The fact that they root for the Dodgers is irrelevant to me.

But on that note, do the Raiders get to say the same thing about their fans? The ones that are an embarrasment, who get too drunk and loud, who get arrested at games, who assault people in the parking lot ... they don't count as part of the fanbase? Why is that?

We have Charger and Padre fans that are the same way. Just because we don't like what they do, doesn't mean they are suddenly invisible. :nono:

New York and Boston have storied ballclubs, with lots of history and tradition. And a whole lot of idiots rooting for them.

And for the life of me, I cannot fathom why you are spending so much effort trying to minimize and question the cause of his injuries. This guy has a family. He's an EMT who chose a profession that is dedicated to serving the public. If those same scumbags were hurt, I'd bet anything that he'd be the first to jump in and try to help them. All of his coworkers have nothing but good to say about him, his family loves him, and I haven't seen anyone try to portray him as a drunk loudmouth who "had it coming", other than you.

Is your Dodger pride really that important to you, that you're willing to cast those types of disparaging remarks at an individual who is laying in a hospital with a portion of his skull removed, and permanently disfigured for life? Who knows if he'll even walk or talk again .. or if he'll even survive?

Like I said, I hope he makes a speedy recovery, and is returned to his family soon.

And I hope that if a conviction comes against these two, that they lock the door and flush the key down the sewer they came from.

Charger Dodger
07-26-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm not singling out anyone, but the two scumbags that did this. The fact that they root for the Dodgers is irrelevant to me.

But on that note, do the Raiders get to say the same thing about their fans? The ones that are an embarrasment, who get too drunk and loud, who get arrested at games, who assault people in the parking lot ... they don't count as part of the fanbase? Why is that?

We have Charger and Padre fans that are the same way. Just because we don't like what they do, doesn't mean they are suddenly invisible. :nono:

New York and Boston have storied ballclubs, with lots of history and tradition. And a whole lot of idiots rooting for them.

And for the life of me, I cannot fathom why you are spending so much effort trying to minimize and question the cause of his injuries. This guy has a family. He's an EMT who chose a profession that is dedicated to serving the public. If those same scumbags were hurt, I'd bet anything that he'd be the first to jump in and try to help them. All of his coworkers have nothing but good to say about him, his family loves him, and I haven't seen anyone try to portray him as a drunk loudmouth who "had it coming", other than you.

Is your Dodger pride really that important to you, that you're willing to cast those types of disparaging remarks at an individual who is laying in a hospital with a portion of his skull removed, and permanently disfigured for life? Who knows if he'll even walk or talk again .. or if he'll even survive?

Like I said, I hope he makes a speedy recovery, and is returned to his family soon.

And I hope that if a conviction comes against these two, that they lock the door and flush the key down the sewer they came from.

Touche. I apologize. I must have misinterpreted what you were saying to me.

However, I will say this. Stow was at the wrong place at the wrong time. Reports are showing that those two guys got loud, few dodger fans reported them and they got more hostile as they got led out. This is when the altercation with Stow ensued.

God I hate those two idiots. Make dodger fans look like freakin criminals. Sometimes I wish Dodgers would go back to my own stomping grounds in Brooklyn. They were better off there. LA just seems like they have a stigma for this type of stuff.

chargertom
07-26-2011, 07:42 PM
Sorry CD ... but those types of "fans" are involved in every sport around the world. No matter where a team is based, there is always a small percentage of these idiots that think they are proving something by "repping" their team this way.

MathewsNotMatthews24
07-28-2011, 05:34 PM
No matter how much "stuff" you talk to opposing fans, its never enough to warrant a coma for that person...

PS-Does anyone know if John Steigerwald has been fired yet?

chargertom
08-10-2011, 11:43 PM
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) The family of the San Francisco Giants fan who was severely beaten outside Dodger Stadium says he can slightly lift his arm and leg and respond to some directions.

Bryan Stow's family said on their website Monday that Stow lifted his left leg when asked and raised his left arm when asked if someone could hold his hand.

The family also says that when Stow's sister Bonnie asked if she could give him a kiss, he puckered his lips each time.

Stow suffered brain injuries when he was attacked after the Dodgers' home opener in late March. The father of two children underwent emergency surgery last month for fluid buildup in his head that caused a seizure.

Officials at San Francisco General Hospital say he remains in serious condition.

Very good news. I hope he continues to improve.

Chiprocks1
08-10-2011, 11:44 PM
That's fantastic news!! :)

RandomTask
08-11-2011, 09:44 AM
I will say this about Dodger fans I know quite a few and I've gone up to Dodger Stadium a handful of times. If you want to find trouble there you can. There are no excuses for fighting over a team/game no matter how much beer you've consumed. I've found that the cheaper the seat the lower the IQ. I won't sit anywhere in the upper levels anymore or the pavillion. For me it's between the bases or I don't go. I've been heckled wearing my gear but I tend to tune it out. I don't mind smack talk and I can take it (and dish it out too) Some Dodger fans actually respected me for staying to the end even though the Padres were losing 11-2 after almost all the Dodger fans had left (that sterotype is real - traffic getting out of there is terrible!)