PDA

View Full Version : Adrian Gonzales and red sox 0-3 start...

gzubeck
04-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Was Adrian really worth the $22 million per year??? I loved having Adrian on my Padres team but seriously can't say he was that much of an impact player to warrant anything over say $12 million per year. Its about fielding a good team, and making sure your pitching staff is top notch, which is more important than blowing excessive money on a good first baseman. Yes...If I was adrian I would take the money too! Crazy Billionaires!

sdadc
04-05-2011, 01:57 PM
Red Sox probably should've picked up A-Gon or a top notch starter + bullpen help instead of picking up Carl Crawford as well. Oh well. Sucks for them. I don't even know why A-Gon is hitting 5th instead of 3rd and Carl Crawford is hitting 3rd instead of leadoff? (correct me if they've changed the order since opening day)

JCDavey
04-05-2011, 02:22 PM
Was Adrian really worth the $22 million per year??? I loved having Adrian on my Padres team but seriously can't say he was that much of an impact player to warrant anything over say $12 million per year. Its about fielding a good team, and making sure your pitching staff is top notch, which is more important than blowing excessive money on a good first baseman. Yes...If I was adrian I would take the money too! Crazy Billionaires!
adrian was worth that much, but the padres have always been a cheap organization (the fire sellers)

but hopefully we can get by without him

the one thing gonzo is missing in boston, is good pitching to support him lol

JCDavey
04-05-2011, 02:23 PM
Red Sox probably should've picked up A-Gon or a top notch starter + bullpen help instead of picking up Carl Crawford as well. Oh well. Sucks for them. I don't even know why A-Gon is hitting 5th instead of 3rd and Carl Crawford is hitting 3rd instead of leadoff? (correct me if they've changed the order since opening day)

agon was 3rd the other day and didn't do as well as 5th spot, and crawford was moved from 3rd to 7th (LOL)

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-05-2011, 03:02 PM
adrian was worth that much, but the padres have always been a cheap organization (the fire sellers)

Yeah, he misses that AND the good weather!

SD Snake
04-05-2011, 04:22 PM
It's three games in.

lol calm down.

SilentMichael
04-05-2011, 05:18 PM
This is the baseball, not football. One person isn't really going to change anything all by himself.

JCDavey
04-05-2011, 06:05 PM
speaking of former padres

chris young is beating the phillies right now 6-0

correia is 1-0 as a pirate

and torrealba is looking good as a ranger

MathewsNotMatthews24
04-05-2011, 06:55 PM
speaking of former padres

chris young is beating the phillies right now 6-0

correia is 1-0 as a pirate

and torrealba is looking good as a ranger

Yeah, I'm pissed we didn't keep CY. I know he's hurt a lot, but when's he's healthy, he's pretty damn good! I was hoping Jed would get him on an incentive-laden deal.

With the way Hundley's been hitting, Torrealba who?

No comment on Correia. Dude was just tuuurible in 2010.

JCDavey
04-05-2011, 07:08 PM
chris young, 7-1 lead over the phillies in philly, and he's also 3 for 3 with a run and an rbi lol

gzubeck
04-06-2011, 02:59 PM

If your not standing head and shoulders above the rest your not worth $20+ million dollars. The sox were desperate for a power hitter and had the budget to blow an extra $5-7 million. As far as I know Baseball is a team sport and the budgets are not unlimited. The Big market teams are ruining this sport.

Oh yeah, the Sox are now 0-4. I hope Adrian Burns it up the second half of the season and helps them out. I just don't see adrain as a sudden impact player. He's a quiet and consistent high end contributor through out the entire season.

JCDavey
04-06-2011, 05:06 PM
If your not standing head and shoulders above the rest your not worth $20+ million dollars. The sox were desperate for a power hitter and had the budget to blow an extra $5-7 million. As far as I know Baseball is a team sport and the budgets are not unlimited. The Big market teams are ruining this sport.

Oh yeah, the Sox are now 0-4. I hope Adrian Burns it up the second half of the season and helps them out. I just don't see adrain as a sudden impact player. He's a quiet and consistent high end contributor through out the entire season.

that's where you are wrong

budgets in baseball ARE unlimited

the teams spending less on payroll are the ones not trying as hard to win it all

simple as that

joshie4
04-06-2011, 11:31 PM

the teams spending less on payroll are the ones not trying as hard to win it all

simple as that

I wouldn't say they're not trying hard to win cause there payroll is not 800 million dollars. If you won the MLB on how much you spend the Yanks would win every year but they don't. They will always have more success more often than most teams though because of there unlimited budget. Technically its unlimited but only a few teams can afford it being unlimited.

All i know about the Red Sox is that they have made me quit my Blue Jays franchise in MLB 11 cause they are impossible to pitch to in a video game. Plus i don't know what i was thinking taking on the AL East it just annoys me.

gzubeck
04-07-2011, 12:11 AM

simple as that

Hypothetically...but not in reality if you have sane management. :>)

Bolting Xero
04-07-2011, 05:05 AM
0-5 now ahaha laughable

joshie4
04-07-2011, 06:16 AM
0-5 now ahaha laughable

Still a long way to go though. But hopefully we can all laugh at them at the end of the season.

Jay21
04-07-2011, 02:45 PM
0-6 now ahaha laughable

Indians complete the sweep lol

gzubeck
04-08-2011, 02:03 AM
Indians complete the sweep lol

Problem is...if they get to far down in the hole at the beginning of the season they might not recover for the year. But to be fair to Adrian and the Sox they probably view him as a long term investment that might start to pay off next season (and beyond). If the rest of your team is average it wont matter how good of a player you are. LOL!

joshie4
04-08-2011, 05:00 AM
I gotta check out the Sox stats to see why they're losing like that. Since i'm in AUS i don't get all the MLB updates so don't judge me lol.

JCDavey
04-08-2011, 05:44 AM
I gotta check out the Sox stats to see why they're losing like that. Since i'm in AUS i don't get all the MLB updates so don't judge me lol.

simply put , half their games they score ok, but pitch like crap (14 runs scored in 3 games where they had offense, but in those same 3 games, their starting pitching gave up 17 earned runs, and their staff overall gave up 29 runs in those 3 games

now their other 3 games, their offense only scores 2 runs, while their starting pitching gives up only 7 earned runs, and their staff overall gives up a total of 9 runs in those 3 games

it's pretty much a case of , when boston's O shows up their pitching doesn't, and when their pitching shows up , their O doesn't

overall boston's scored 16 runs and given up 38

it's got to be really frustrating for them right now, like a run of horrible luck lol

joshie4
04-08-2011, 05:50 AM
simply put , half their games they score ok, but pitch like crap (14 runs scored in 3 games where they had offense, but in those same 3 games, their starting pitching gave up 17 earned runs, and their staff overall gave up 29 runs in those 3 games

now their other 3 games, their offense only scores 2 runs, while their starting pitching gives up only 7 earned runs, and their staff overall gives up a total of 9 runs in those 3 games

it's pretty much a case of , when boston's O shows up their pitching doesn't, and when their pitching shows up , their O doesn't

overall boston's scored 16 runs and given up 38

it's got to be really frustrating for them right now, like a run of horrible luck lol

Can only think of one other team deserving of luck like that.

Checked out there stats and results. Makes me feel not so bad about the Brewers 3-4 start. The 1-0 loss for the Sox proves what your saying. If your pitching holds a team to 1 run and you have the lineup that the Red Sox has you should be able to score a run or two.

kiwibolt
04-08-2011, 08:18 AM
Problem is...if they get to far down in the hole at the beginning of the season they might not recover for the year. But to be fair to Adrian and the Sox they probably view him as a long term investment that might start to pay off next season (and beyond). If the rest of your team is average it wont matter how good of a player you are. LOL!

reports in the Boston Herald today are saying they expect Adrian to sign a long term deal to stay in Boston sometime during this homestand.

gzubeck
04-08-2011, 11:55 AM
reports in the Boston Herald today are saying they expect Adrian to sign a long term deal to stay in Boston sometime during this homestand.

Thought I'd share this article I found on the Sox...It's a good read!

"The high-priced Red Sox were a popular pick to win the World Series. So far they've lost every game, six in a row, their worst start in 66 years. The team batting average is .181. The ERA is 7.13."

http://xeprs.stats.com/mlb/story.asp?i=20110407195649234981608&ref=hea&tm=&src=

JCDavey
04-08-2011, 01:48 PM
we're seeing it again today, the red sox O shows up, the pitching doesn't lol

6 runs on O, 6 runs given up, and it's only the bottom of the 5th!

as for long terming agon, that's a no brainer.

as bad as their start is, spending alot of money is historically the way to win yourself a world series

kiwibolt
04-08-2011, 02:36 PM
we're seeing it again today, the red sox O shows up, the pitching doesn't lol

6 runs on O, 6 runs given up, and it's only the bottom of the 5th!

as for long terming agon, that's a no brainer.

as bad as their start is, spending alot of money is historically the way to win yourself a world series

Anybody watching the game? Adrian with the bunt single in the 7th- assuming it was against the shift?

JCDavey
04-08-2011, 03:25 PM
red sox win

adrian's playing solid D for the sox

but the catalyst today was dustin pedroia

Jay21
04-08-2011, 03:53 PM
Speaking of the Red Sox, their decision to cut ties with Manny when they did is looking smarter today...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/manny-ramirez-retires.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Manny Ramirez (http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/ramirma02.shtml?utm_source=direct&utm_medium=linker&utm_campaign=Linker) has retired, Major League Baseball announced. MLB says it notified Ramirez of "an issue" under its drug program and that the longtime slugger decided to retire instead of continuing with the process.
Ramirez would have faced a 100-game suspension if he hadn't retired, because he tested positive for a banned substance, according to Bill Shaikin of the LA Times (on Twitter (http://twitter.com/#%21/BillShaikin/status/56454128813092864)).

JCDavey
04-08-2011, 04:26 PM
Speaking of the Red Sox, their decision to cut ties with Manny when they did is looking smarter today...

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/manny-ramirez-retires.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

no HOF for him, this was the icing on the cake for him not to get into the HOF, before this it was his past suspensions and his a-hole attitude, but this pretty much SHOULD cement no hof

gzubeck
04-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Boston is now 2-10. Ouch. I think there's going to be some pitchers in the unemployment line next year. LOL!

Vengeance, Inc.
04-16-2011, 11:08 AM
I'm enjoying every minute of this for the obvious reason, but they could easily go 95-55 the rest of the way. I still see them making the playoffs but now as a wild card.